March 18, 2024, 08:00:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441842 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2007, 06:50:54 PM »

NEGATIVE CT SCAN FOR PEACHES ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

From My post to God's Ears, Peaches!  Wink

I'm with all of you Monkeys, praying for our Peaches!!!!!

No Tumors! No Tumors! No Tumors!
No Cancer Cells, No Cancer Cells, No Cancer Cells!

Nothing showing up in that scan but Peaches!

We got it, Peaches! Don't worry!  Very Happy
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2007, 10:43:11 AM »

Hope all is well with you, Peaches....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2007, 01:06:48 PM »

Hey Peaches.  Praying for a negative CT scan on Wednesday.  Hope your feeling ok.  Your in all our prayers buddy.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2007, 12:42:43 AM »

PEACHES! I'm turning in but wanted you to know that I'm going to bed with you in my nightly prayers, and I'll start my day lifting your concerns first thing in the morning! I'm asking God for a joyous day for you and I'm expecting a miracle!

ALL MONKEYS are with you, PEACHES!  Very Happy
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2007, 05:37:05 AM »

Hey Peaches!
We're all gonna be with you in spirit today!  Please know that we are all praying for good news.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2007, 06:36:19 AM »

Hi Peaches....Praying for good news today.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: December 19, 2007, 09:54:11 AM »

My prayers are with ya chicky!! Love ya!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: December 19, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »

Hey there Peaches    I'm hoping and praying for you to have some good news today.   thumleft

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2007, 09:47:58 AM »

Godspeed to Peaches - our hearts and prayers are with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #249 on: December 22, 2007, 01:22:01 AM »

Peaches??? Where are you? You're in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you!  Wink
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2007, 12:04:52 PM »

Hi Peaches   Just checking in here to see how you are doing, and hoping you are having a great weekend!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: December 22, 2007, 01:34:58 PM »

Peaches  ... hoping and praying for you to have the most perfect scan... and Christmas ever

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2007, 09:05:41 AM »

No fair keeping y'all in suspense.  I got a call from the doctor on Friday while I was driving to my office Christmas luncheon.  Not a good sign.  He talks fast like a New Yorker and used lots of big words. So I had him fax the report of the CT to my DH.  Once I got to the restaurant, I had DH fax it to me there.  (You have to be resourceful).

Well, it's not perfect.  I know my doc and my onc nurse were expecting a clean scan.  I don't know what I was expecting.  I'm not even sure what I got.  My doctor appt isn't until Jan.14th.  Nice. I get to stew over this report until then unless I call somebody and press for a bigger simpler explanation.  And why?  What this report means is it isn't over.  I'm not cancer free.  There is evidence of disease.  I just did six rounds of carboplatin (to kill cancer cells) and Avastin (to keep cells from forming blood supply).  And still I have some crap going on.

"There is a new subcapsular lesion along the posterior segment of the right hepatic lobe that measures 1 x 1.3 cm.  This is in keeping with a metastasis related to ovarian cancer. "

"There is a stable mild peripheral reticulation within the posterior aspect of the left lower lobe that may represent a minimal amount of atelactasis." (Atelectasis is the collapse of part or all of a lung. It is caused by a blockage of the air passages (bronchus or bronchioles) or by pressure on the lung.)  The patient is status post right adrenalectomy.  Left adrenal gland is normal" (at least something IS). 

"There is a stable 3 mm low attenuation focus with the pancreatic head that may represent a small cyst or focus of intraparenchymal fat.  (I'll take fat to win). 

"There are 2-3 sub-centimeter low attenuation lesions within the kidneys bilaterally that are too small to characterize.  The abdomal aorta is normal." (WooHOO for me.....Dad had a AAA ten years ago... that's some ugly surgery).

"no abdominal fluid collection.  There is no abdominal lymphadenopathy."  I don't know what that last word is but I feel sure I don't want any.

"There are no adnexal masses.  There is no free fluid within the pelvis. "

"Mild degenerative change is present in the lumbar spine. "  (This is new..dammit).

"New serosal metastasis along the posterior segment of the right hepatic lobe."

Sounds to me like I have something on the back side of my right kidney that has to GO.  I think my doctor mentioned laprascopic radio-frequency ablation.  Now that sounds like something that might suck. 

Then again, what could suck more than cancer?

Figure it out and let me know. 

This is what I know until my doctor visit or I lose my freaking mind whichever comes first.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2007, 10:52:11 AM »

Peaches ~ I hope you are able to get an explanation of your situation before Jan. 14th.  Is there any way you can contact your doctor to phone you back, and while you and another person sits down with the reports you have in front of you, and have the doctor explain again what it means, paragraph by paragraph?    Take notes). I realize there may be some with medical experience online, but you know, the doctor that has been treating you know your history and etc.  I worry if you rely one someone else's words, then your own doc's.  Someone other than your doctor might interpret the report/words differently, making it appear better or worse than it is.  The important thing you probably want to know (or I would want to know) is, where are you going now?  What's the next plan of action?  I hope you are able to get your answers soon, Peaches. My heart goes out to you as you strive to regain your health.  I feel I can speak not only for myself, but for many other monkeys and even others that come to read and can't post at Scared Monkeys, that we are all pulling for you and greatly admire you. Your strength and strong will are admirable.  {{{Hugs}}}  Please post again when you can and let us know how you are doing. 

CJ1
« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2007, 11:04:16 AM »

Peaches, you have been fighting a long hard battle, and for me it is a good sign that you are stll fighting and here to enjoy a Merry Christmas.  Continued prayers for you.   
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2007, 11:41:20 AM »

My Dear Peaches, Just a note to tell you that I have and will continue to do so  sending up smoke and praying as hard as I possibly  can with all the sincere loving pleading and all that goes with it  for God to allow us to have your wonderful spirit and body here for a good long time ye  and He does know just how much that you have and still continue to do for others  I just feel it.
   I suppose that you heard or read about Jessicas Mom being in a head on car crash and is now in a big hosp in Cleveland  and she is so bad  so when you can please pray for her also this is being so hard on Jessica  and she really does not need to be her mothers nurse for the rest of her life  as she is just starting to get her life up and running  but as I have told her I will support her in what ever she decides to do in this sad sad case .  But I do know that you also believe in the power of prayer and if you can I am sure it will help  because I also believe that you have a special relationship with your God .
   We Love you Peaches,  and again if their is anymore that I can do for you please ask until then  I will continue my positive thoughts and prayers  Have a wonderful Holiday  your friend  Jerry from Ohio .
  (((((((((((((PEACHES )))))))))

No fair keeping y'all in suspense. 

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »

MuffyBee...you always know exactly what to say. It is exactly what I couldn't put in words.

Peaches...I hate that you will have to wait for the answers, but I know your faith, strength and spirit will carry you through. Prayers for you and your family during this Holiday Season.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2007, 12:42:07 PM »

Muffee's right Peaches! The folks who have been treating you know how this report compares to other tests and they need to go over it with you to even know how to characterize it. She also hit the nail on the head when she said that the only important thing is how this report directs the next step to effective treatment.

Yes, please let us know when you've got an interpretation of the report, because it really is an individual, case specific report. And we're with you, Peaches. It may be impossible to get with your caregivers until after Christmas, so try to enjoy this time knowing you'll do what you need to do as soon after the Holiday as possible. I know that's a tall order; I hate to wait just like you do!

You've got incredible strength, Peaches, and something tells me that you draw from your family to fortify it. Soak it in knowing that you already have a plan of action and have identified the first step: to move up that January 14th date.

I wish and hope that you can somehow feel our love and accept the inner peace we'd love to extend to you right now. We wub you, Peaches.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »

I haven't forgotten my dear monkey friend Jerry from up North, his lady Jessica and Diana from Ohio in my prayers.  I should have stopped and taken the time to let you know when I say my prayers and light the devotional candles you are very much on my mind and in my heart.  As I pray for our Peaches, for the monkeys and their families and friends in need, I also remember to offer up my thanks for all we've been given.  I believe in miracles and the power of prayer.   

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2007, 04:19:20 PM »

Peaches - You deserve to have someone give you an explanantion of what this report means, and what your next step should be in your cancer fight. Please take Muffy's sage advice, and call your doctor.
We're all here for you with prayers and support.

Jerry - Good to hear from you! We will certainly put Jessica and her Mom in our prayers as well. I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, and I know it must be hard on you both.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.