March 19, 2024, 12:31:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441868 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #260 on: December 23, 2007, 06:10:43 PM »

Hi Peaches,

I'm not a doctor, but I did train to be a medical transcriptionist at one point, and my master's degree is in health, so I can remember some of the terminology.

What it looks like to me is that you have a small amount of cancer cells showing up on the right lobe of your liver. The rest of the stuff is talking about what they see on the scan, but it doesn't look like to me that any of it is cancer-related except for the little bit on the liver.

The ablation procedure doesn't sound too bad, actually. (Of course, that's easy for me to say, since it isn't being proposed for me.) Here is a link to a doctor in Cleveland that explains the procedure. It only involves an overnight stay in the hospital, and most patients are out of bed and sitting up the same day.
http://www.clevelandclinic.org/general/rfa/procedure.html

The good news about the liver is that you can cut pieces out of it and it simply regenerates itself:
"The liver has a remarkable capacity to regenerate after injury and to adjust its size to match its host. Within a week after partial hepatectomy, which, in typical experimental settings entails surgical removal of two-thirds of the liver, hepatic mass is back essentially to what it was prior to surgery." http://arbl.cvmbs.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/liver/regen.html

The "low attenuation lesions" means there was a little bit of change in the scan waves, but it's saying the lesions are so small they can't categorize them as anything. They could just be something like fat.

As I said, it sounds basically like you have a few liver cancer cells that they're considering removing with laparascopic surgery, which is much less painful than regular surgery.

Big hugs and smoochies to you, Peaches. You have been through so much, but I know you'll make it through this too. You have your wonderful spirit going for you, as well as all the love and support of the monkeys.

Thanks for keeping us informed, and please let us know as soon as you find out more from your doctor.

I Stand With The Girl
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #261 on: December 24, 2007, 02:02:14 AM »

Hi Peaches,

I'm not a doctor, but I did train to be a medical transcriptionist at one point, and my master's degree is in health, so I can remember some of the terminology.

What it looks like to me is that you have a small amount of cancer cells showing up on the right lobe of your liver. The rest of the stuff is talking about what they see on the scan, but it doesn't look like to me that any of it is cancer-related except for the little bit on the liver.

The ablation procedure doesn't sound too bad, actually. (Of course, that's easy for me to say, since it isn't being proposed for me.) Here is a link to a doctor in Cleveland that explains the procedure. It only involves an overnight stay in the hospital, and most patients are out of bed and sitting up the same day.
http://www.clevelandclinic.org/general/rfa/procedure.html

The good news about the liver is that you can cut pieces out of it and it simply regenerates itself:
"The liver has a remarkable capacity to regenerate after injury and to adjust its size to match its host. Within a week after partial hepatectomy, which, in typical experimental settings entails surgical removal of two-thirds of the liver, hepatic mass is back essentially to what it was prior to surgery." http://arbl.cvmbs.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/liver/regen.html

The "low attenuation lesions" means there was a little bit of change in the scan waves, but it's saying the lesions are so small they can't categorize them as anything. They could just be something like fat.

As I said, it sounds basically like you have a few liver cancer cells that they're considering removing with laparascopic surgery, which is much less painful than regular surgery.

Big hugs and smoochies to you, Peaches. You have been through so much, but I know you'll make it through this too. You have your wonderful spirit going for you, as well as all the love and support of the monkeys.

Thanks for keeping us informed, and please let us know as soon as you find out more from your doctor.

I worked in a lab for 15 years and BT is pretty right on about what your report says.  I think you are in for a little more work...but sounds as if they are making progress with that evil cancer.  It would appear that this is not as bad as what you have already been through.  When TerryD was taking his chemo he told me he often saw patients that had been battling this stuff for years.  It can be done and if anyone can do it...I am certain it can be you.  Just take it one step at a time.  We will all be here and will be praying for you.  Remember...you are my hero.   Wink
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #262 on: December 24, 2007, 07:10:07 AM »

BT!  That Cleveland Clinic article is exactly what I need!  Your reading of this report and Lala's  agree with mine.  Seems to me the biggest problem is the thing on my liver. 

To me, the more I have read and thought about before the appt, the less confused I will be at the appt.  I want to ask questions that show I'm not just a crazy lady with cancer. 

Now I have some reading to do.  Thank you!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #263 on: December 24, 2007, 08:14:33 AM »

Peaches-

BT's assessment is pretty accurate in that the liver can indeed regenerate itself, in fact even your daughter can donate a small piece of her liver (hers will regenerate), if ever it's decided it's best to even remove all of your liver. I don't know why the liver is such a magnet for cancer except it's such a blood-rich organ, but we explored a lot of options with Rick to include my donating a portion of my liver to him.

I can promise you this, if they are considering laproscopic surgery then they feel sure they can get all of this and that's very good news. Remember, in this day and age 'managing cancer' is a new milestone for cancer therapy, they can do so much which buys you even more time for experimental treatments that could become cures to mature.

God bless you Peaches, God hold you in the palm of his hand for you are precious to us all.

I continue to stand with the girl.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #264 on: December 24, 2007, 11:14:57 AM »

Peaches,

I'm glad there are smart monkeys who confirmed the report.  My interpretation was the same, but only based on a friend's experience with breast cancer years ago.  She had bought this big, white book on 'C' and read from cover to cover.  No much different than yourself, in that respect...for it is wise to know and understand each step through your treatment.  What stayed with me was BBLL...brain, bone, liver, lungs....the object is to prevent the disease from metastisizing there (I do not know if it's the same for ovarian cancer, though).  That small area in your liver, I pray, will be resolved....Keep the faith...yes, indeed, you are my hero, too.   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: December 26, 2007, 12:15:47 AM »

Peaches, I'm praying constantly for you, luv, and wishing you a Merry Christmas!! You are such an awesome monkey and your strength and humor have sustained me many times over...God Bless You 

Bring Natalee home...
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2007, 09:24:47 AM »

Peaches, just wanted to let you know that you remain in my daily prayers. You are an awesome, caring, compassionate person and I am so proud of you for the way you are fighting this nasty ole cancer.

Love you chicky!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #267 on: December 29, 2007, 06:46:39 PM »

I here for you Miss Peaches.

I just KNOW you are going to get through this ordeal and be fine.
BELIEVE!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: December 29, 2007, 07:52:32 PM »

Hello Peaches ~     I'm thinkin' of you this weekend thumleft

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #269 on: December 31, 2007, 10:19:57 PM »

Peaches, hon, my New Year Wish is for you this year! I wish for you hopes fulfilled, and brand new dreams that will come true!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, PEACHES!

Laughing  Razz king bom Nemo sunny smurf joker flower compress drunken cheers
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: January 01, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »

Sending our Peaches some love this first day of the New Year!  Laughing

Bring Natalee home...
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2008, 06:59:36 AM »

Good morning.  I have been having a difficult time with the idea that I may be chronically ill.  I was really thinking that I could blast thru a couple rounds of chemo after having a tumor the size of a honeydew melon removed and get back on my fast track, such as it is.  Well, now it's been two years since the big surgery and 24 rounds of some kinda chemo later an another surgery to remove my adrenal gland and the tumor on it and I still have freaking cancer.  Pisses me off.  Can I say that here?  Oh yeah, my thread.  It never dawned on me that I wouldn't get over this crap and keep right on keeping on. 

The late, great Ruby had cancer back in '59 or '60. Surgery. Radiation. Cobalt. Who knows what all they were trying back then?  One doctor was brave enough to try to save her life.  Thirty four days straight in the hospital.  But she came home.  And she got right back to her life for thirty seven more years.  Alright, hers was a different kind of cancer.  Same neighborhood, just a less deadly kind than mine, then again, it was all pretty deadly in '59-'60. 

Later when cancer reappeared, the doctors had their say and the late, great Ruby had hers.  There would be no chemo, no surgery, no radiation, etc. It was just too much.  She didn't want to live and be sick from chemo, etc.  She felt she had been living on "second chance" time anyway having squeaked away from deadly cancer at age 30.  So Ruby rocked on, traveled, painted china, went out to eat with her friends, sewed for the grandchildren, journaled, and generally did as she pleased.  It was about a year and a half from the time she told her kids and her finale.  She planned everything down to the gnat's ass including two services in two different states, and in the end, it was perfect.

Not knowing what is going to happen next is driving me crazy.  I want to be able to think more than a week ahead.  My anxiety level has been pretty high since I got the results of the CT before the holidays.  I guess it's to be expected. 

Case conference is Tuesday, 1/08.  My appt. is Wed., 1/09, bright and early. 

I figured out the other day that if my doctor thought this latest CT was a big deal, he would have said so.  If this was some big emergency, he would have already dealt with it.  He didn't.  He said I looked fabulous and I shouldn't be unnecessarily concerned.  Alrighty then.  So it IS me!  I have to get a handle on my attitude.  I gotta snap outta this! 

Expect a miracle.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #272 on: January 06, 2008, 01:51:47 PM »

Peaches

In your shoes, I would probably feel exactly the same way you feel. In fact, I bet I would be a lot more nervous than you because I'm a Nervous Nellie kind of person.

You are absolutely right, though, that if your doctor thought it was a terrifying situation, he would certainly have struck terror into your heart about it. That's what doctors do, after all. Do you remember when they diagnosed Terry's cancer? They told him that he only had about 3 months to live and that there was nothing that could be done to help him. In spite of that, he's still around way more than a year later and is now cancer free and feeling great. The doctors seem to like to be as pessimistic as possible, probably to cover their behinds.

It's perfectly natural to feel the way you do, but I just know that you're going to do great! You are in good hands and you're such an optimistic person. Your own strength will help to carry you through this last little bit before you're cancer free and totally healthy again.

Big hugs and smoochies to you. 

I Stand With The Girl
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #273 on: January 06, 2008, 07:50:42 PM »

Peaches-

I'm not such a good friend lately, honestly between family and this job and the house showings I fear I don't do justice to little if much of late. You deserve far more of my time and attention too.

First {{ HUGS }}, then remember honey it's a process now, NOW they can 'manage' cancer. I know that isn't what you were hoping for and never say never, for you can't know what new drug or treatment may arrive before you know it.

You have to see this as a game Peaches, you're going to outsmart the C and show it who is boss. It won't take anymore of you for you won't allow it. Your doctors will have a strategy for you and I can assure you, they haven't come this far with you to stop fighting now either. Now they are going to tell you the good, the bad, and the whatever just because they want you to have all the information you're entitled to.

Take some deep breaths, kick back a beer or a martini or whatever you really crave and then flip that C the bird again.

You are bigger than it is, you are better, and you are relentless.

Kick some A and take some names Peaches, the 'game' is about surviving long enough for the cure to take hold. Don't you dare give up, it's okay to go slap something silly for you've fought a mighty war already and are justifiably sick of the aggravation of this.

But remember that precious daughter and precious hubby who love you so very much, perhaps more than you can even imagine. They are part of you and you are part of them. Take that mighty fortress and move on with this challenge, you would not be the wonderful person you are if you didn't fight this back.

Everyone on this thread commit to five minutes of prayer when you go to bed each night for our Peaches, for God to bring her peace and resolve and the energy to go another round, with our love behind her.

I continue to stand with the girl.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2008, 10:58:26 AM »

Peaches,

BT & None have said it so very well and I'm not sure I can say anything that would top their expressions.  Your thoughts & feelings are so understandably valid.  Whatever the doctors present to you, we are here for you.  Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you daily and they include your family, who are walking the path with you (roadblocks & all), as well as, hope for that cure. 

Let's see what Wednesday brings....in the meantime, I like None's suggestion...keep your chin down and throw some punches.  You're still the champ in our book....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
crazybabyborg
« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2008, 12:07:53 PM »

Good morning.  I have been having a difficult time with the idea that I may be chronically ill.  I was really thinking that I could blast thru a couple rounds of chemo after having a tumor the size of a honeydew melon removed and get back on my fast track, such as it is.  Well, now it's been two years since the big surgery and 24 rounds of some kinda chemo later an another surgery to remove my adrenal gland and the tumor on it and I still have freaking cancer.  Pisses me off.  Can I say that here?  Oh yeah, my thread.  It never dawned on me that I wouldn't get over this crap and keep right on keeping on. 

The late, great Ruby had cancer back in '59 or '60. Surgery. Radiation. Cobalt. Who knows what all they were trying back then?  One doctor was brave enough to try to save her life.  Thirty four days straight in the hospital.  But she came home.  And she got right back to her life for thirty seven more years.  Alright, hers was a different kind of cancer.  Same neighborhood, just a less deadly kind than mine, then again, it was all pretty deadly in '59-'60. 

Later when cancer reappeared, the doctors had their say and the late, great Ruby had hers.  There would be no chemo, no surgery, no radiation, etc. It was just too much.  She didn't want to live and be sick from chemo, etc.  She felt she had been living on "second chance" time anyway having squeaked away from deadly cancer at age 30.  So Ruby rocked on, traveled, painted china, went out to eat with her friends, sewed for the grandchildren, journaled, and generally did as she pleased.  It was about a year and a half from the time she told her kids and her finale.  She planned everything down to the gnat's ass including two services in two different states, and in the end, it was perfect.

Not knowing what is going to happen next is driving me crazy.  I want to be able to think more than a week ahead.  My anxiety level has been pretty high since I got the results of the CT before the holidays.  I guess it's to be expected. 

Case conference is Tuesday, 1/08.  My appt. is Wed., 1/09, bright and early. 

I figured out the other day that if my doctor thought this latest CT was a big deal, he would have said so.  If this was some big emergency, he would have already dealt with it.  He didn't.  He said I looked fabulous and I shouldn't be unnecessarily concerned.  Alrighty then.  So it IS me!  I have to get a handle on my attitude.  I gotta snap outta this! 

What? You mean that you're human, Peaches? Hon, anybody would be having a difficult time with this. The ability to maintain who you are, unscathed by thoughts of how the body you live in is doing, is a really tall order! There is no failure or weakness when you struggle with it. The only measure that counts is how productive the emotional struggle is and as long as it's moving you closer to being able to give the cancer no power over the present, then you're in control and the struggle is only a temporary coping skill needed to achieve that goal. Embrace it as a tool that's accomplishing zero tolerance of allowing the cancer to rob you of a single thing.

Those must sound like easy words for me to say, and I have never had cancer. My Father had cancer. When he was diagnosed, I did the research and knew within hours that the term of the illness, according to the State of the Art information, was 3 months and that the 2 year survival rate was under 2%. I spent 2 hours praying, crying, drinking, and throwing up, and emerged knowing that SOMEBODY had to make up that 2%, so why not my Dad?

I was "Miss In Control" when we got the news, strong as an ox; I was the only one with him and we got the news together. I didn't blink and silently willed myself to be so strong and confident that when Daddy looked at me he would see nothing but absolute surety that this challenge was already won. I calmly called Mom and asked her to come to the hospital, but as soon as she arrived, and I knew he wouldn't be alone, I made some excuse to get the Hell as far away from there as I could. I didn't mean to cause concern, but when no one could reach me for a couple of hours amid speculation of where I might be, Daddy finally told everyone that he knew where I was and to leave me alone. Mom thought I had probably gone to church, or to the library to see what I could find out, or to see a Physician friend for advise; all things I would indeed do in short order. But, I had to be able to exhale from the kick in the gut first, and Daddy knew it because we had felt the same kick.

My point is this: getting bad news and reacting to it is just the initial step; you don't have to stay there, but the way beyond it requires walking through it. You just keep walking in the direction toward hope, resolve, and normalcy. What you're going through just means you've begun.

Peaches, do you remember the passage in Luke 9 and John 6 about the feeding of the 5,000?

And the day began to wear away; and the twelve came, and said unto him, Send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages and country round about, and lodge, and get provisions: for we are here in a desert place. 
Luke 9:13   But he said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they said, We have no more than five loaves and two fishes; except we should go and buy food for all this people. 
Luke 9:14   For they were about five thousand men. And he said unto his disciples, Make them sit down in companies, about fifty each. 
Luke 9:15   And they did so, and made them all sit down. 
Luke 9:16   And he took the five loaves and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed them, and brake; and gave to the disciples to set before the multitude. 
Luke 9:17   And they ate, and were all filled: and there was taken up that which remained over to them of broken pieces, twelve baskets. 

The solution to every problem we can face is given to us within those verses. Jesus wasn't just feeding hungry people, He was teaching us how to surmount insurmountable problems. First, He identified and took what resources there were: two fish and five loaves. What resources do you have, Peaches? I know some of them, but I bet you have more. You have incredible strength, intelligence, love of family, faith, and good doctors.

Secondly, Jesus looked to the Father and asked His Blessings on those resources. He offered them to God with a pure heart to care for others before taking them unto himself.

Thirdly, He broke the bread and instructed the disciples to ACT in faith. They just began distributing the food, and as they did, it multiplied to meet the need. Every step they took in faith multiplied the Blessing to meet the need and do it abundantly. They gave feet to their faith. Twelve baskets left over, and all were fed. God isn't a God of "just barely".

I want to be a resource for you, Peaches. We all do. I want you to know and trust that you have a community here that loves you, thinks about you, prays for you, and is standing strong for you. Don't give the cancer power over your life by dwelling on it, if you can help it. There's a far more powerful place to focus on. I love you, Peaches!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #276 on: January 08, 2008, 01:44:57 PM »

Just sending out a wave to you, Peaches! It comes with hope and a prayer that you're having an awesome day! 
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2008, 01:52:40 PM »

Despite a rocky start, (see Musings thread) things are going pretty well.  I'm cleaning a little, doin' a little laundry, stuff I never really get done on a day I work.   I have been reading here and praying about everybody and their needs and thanking God he is on my side.  It's a beautiful day. 

This morning, while daughter and I were standing around in the dawn's early light, she said "just think, if this hadn't happened, we wouldn't know how beautiful the sky looks this morning".  And it was beautiful.  We were on top of a hill and the clouds were clearing and the sun was trying to come up and it was lovely. 

So I said to my girl, "This is the day the Lord hath made and I will rejoice and be glad in it".  And I am.

Expect a miracle.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2008, 02:23:37 PM »

Despite a rocky start, (see Musings thread) things are going pretty well.  I'm cleaning a little, doin' a little laundry, stuff I never really get done on a day I work.   I have been reading here and praying about everybody and their needs and thanking God he is on my side.  It's a beautiful day. 

This morning, while daughter and I were standing around in the dawn's early light, she said "just think, if this hadn't happened, we wouldn't know how beautiful the sky looks this morning".  And it was beautiful.  We were on top of a hill and the clouds were clearing and the sun was trying to come up and it was lovely. 

So I said to my girl, "This is the day the Lord hath made and I will rejoice and be glad in it".  And I am.

Well, you just made my day as well, Peaches! THANK YOU!

WE'RE ALL HERE, JUST ROOTING YOU ON! AREN'T WE A CREW?

sunny Fishing pig Wink king clown alien Basketball Greedy farao joker flower albino Mr. Green elephant compress thumleft brilsmurf thumright bounce cheers tongue rabbit cheese jocolor rendeer
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #279 on: January 08, 2008, 04:22:52 PM »

AMEN !!
  Keeping you ni my prayers sweety!!  HUGS !!!!! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.