March 18, 2024, 07:56:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441841 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #340 on: January 31, 2008, 06:47:35 PM »

Peaches~I am glad things went well and you are in my prayers. I had RFA a few months ago and another round a couple of weeks ago. Mine was for a totally different medical condition. I wanted to tell you that it has been successful for me too and I had the shoulder pain, in my shoulder blade on one side. That pain lasted a couple of weeks. My last ones were more painful, but for me it has been worth it. You have an attitude I admire and wanted to ask if you or anyone else has the post you made in the past about miracles. I had saved it on my other computer and it got toasted. If you or anyone else has it, please repost. Thanks

I wish they would have told me they were going to have my arms over my head during the procedure.  At least then, I would know why I was sore.   Instead, I asked the nurse.  What if you didn't know to ask that question?  Stuff like that aggravates me because sometimes people assume you already know you're going to spend a couple hours with your arms over your head.  I had no idea.  Once I knew why my shoulders were killing me, I was much better!!

RFA ROCKS big time.  My liver doc told my gyn-onc that he was very pleased.  I have an appt with my gyn-onc tomorrow so I should have more details then. 

The miracles stuff.  If you read this whole thread, it's probably here somewhere.  Otherwise, I'm sure I was rambling about a Joel Osteen sermon about expecting miracles.   God wants the best for us.  We are His children.  Therefore, if we as His children need something, no matter how big or impossible it seems, we should ask God who can do all things.  And then we should expect a miracle.  Pray expectantly, thanking God for the miracle He is working in your life.  And He is working a miracle in your life.  You know that.  Look where you've been recently.  You may have suffered enormous monetary losses in the fire but God had you and yours in the palm of His hand.  And here you are. 

God is good all the time. 

Keep passing those prayers on if you please.  With recurrent ovarian cancer, the battle is never really over.  But the fight is worth it.  Love you all. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #341 on: February 01, 2008, 06:13:06 PM »

As promised, an update following my latest doctor visit.  He was delighted to see me.  Said I look great and healthy and it's his job to keep me that way.  Since his pal the liver doc was happy with my RFA, I'm going to do some more chemo.  Once a month.  New drug I haven't had before. Doxil.  I haven't completely read up on it yet but it's given IV.  I asked how many rounds of chemo and he said "indefinitely".  He has lots of other patients who've been taking it for years.  Well, anything those other patients can do, I can do better.

This is a change from what my doctor told me earlier before my liver RFA.  Then he was talking about heated interperitoneal chemo which is some really serious stuff.  The drugs are nasty and it's about six months of feeling really shitty.  I was up for it.  All this time I have been waiting and praying for an answer to the question what's next for me.   I tried not to focus on the fact I wasn't on any treatment so who knows what's going on.  I tried to focus on expecting my miracle and thanking God for looking out for me.  Some may think a miracle is no more cancer.  That would be a big one for sure.  And God could do it.  Changing my treatment plan to something that will be relatively easy to live with is a miracle of its own.  I'll take it and keep expecting.

I feel good.  I look like a healthy person.  I actually weigh less than the number stated on my drivers license.  You have no idea what a thrill that is for me.  I'm feeling pretty feisty today.  I know it's going to suck a little to be back on the chemo treadmill because it's chemo but my nurses are nice and I'll have daughter's laptop so I won't have to miss any cage time.  Being in chemo is nice safe place for me.  I feel like I'm fighting when I'm getting infused.  If nothing else, it's good for a nap.

God is good all the time.  I'm still in the fight.  And I'm confidant I am not in it alone. 

Thanks to all of you.   

Expect a miracle.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #342 on: February 01, 2008, 09:31:35 PM »

As promised, an update following my latest doctor visit.  He was delighted to see me.  Said I look great and healthy and it's his job to keep me that way.  Since his pal the liver doc was happy with my RFA, I'm going to do some more chemo.  Once a month.  New drug I haven't had before. Doxil.  I haven't completely read up on it yet but it's given IV.  I asked how many rounds of chemo and he said "indefinitely".  He has lots of other patients who've been taking it for years.  Well, anything those other patients can do, I can do better.

This is a change from what my doctor told me earlier before my liver RFA.  Then he was talking about heated interperitoneal chemo which is some really serious stuff.  The drugs are nasty and it's about six months of feeling really shitty.  I was up for it.  All this time I have been waiting and praying for an answer to the question what's next for me.   I tried not to focus on the fact I wasn't on any treatment so who knows what's going on.  I tried to focus on expecting my miracle and thanking God for looking out for me.  Some may think a miracle is no more cancer.  That would be a big one for sure.  And God could do it.  Changing my treatment plan to something that will be relatively easy to live with is a miracle of its own.  I'll take it and keep expecting.

I feel good.  I look like a healthy person.  I actually weigh less than the number stated on my drivers license.  You have no idea what a thrill that is for me.  I'm feeling pretty feisty today.  I know it's going to suck a little to be back on the chemo treadmill because it's chemo but my nurses are nice and I'll have daughter's laptop so I won't have to miss any cage time.  Being in chemo is nice safe place for me.  I feel like I'm fighting when I'm getting infused.  If nothing else, it's good for a nap.

God is good all the time.  I'm still in the fight.  And I'm confidant I am not in it alone. 

Thanks to all of you.   

Peaches, I so admire you and your attitude. I love ya sistah!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #343 on: February 04, 2008, 07:44:10 PM »

Hi Hon! With all the news in the Natalee Case, I just wanted you to know that I haven't cut back one second on my prayers of thoughts of you. You're my Peach!   

Peaches? You asked the other day if I had gotten an e-mail from you, and I wanted to be sure you saw my answer. No, I haven't but would love to hear from you! Klaas will give you the addy if you ask her, and I'll be on the look out for it.

I'n glad to read about your high spirits, and I keep checking here for updates. Yep, God is good ALL THE TIME! AND He's on your side!

Jeremiah 29:11 
"For I know the plans I have for you,
Plans to prosper you
and not to harm you,
Plans to give you hope
And a future."
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #344 on: February 06, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »

Thanks to all of you.   

Awesome news sweety!!!   Love you and pray for you every night!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #345 on: February 09, 2008, 09:17:52 AM »

Peaches, I have to tell you this story from this week. Life has been so hectic lately, selling our home finally and finding the new one, much less negotiating and dealing with realtors/agents/lenders is just exhausting. Everyone wants their 'take' and everyone is feeling the pressures in the current market.

Riding underneath all of that is our family leaving the home we shared with Rick, how hard we know that is going to be and how important it is to take parts of him with us. I asked for our rose as my only request in our contract, but his birdbath and birdhouse will go with us too. Already post finally putting a contract on something yesterday, we drove home discussing where to plant that rose and where to put the bird bath over all things.

Little none often wears Rick's shirts, typically to bed as jammies, etc. Anyway she put on one of his shirts, one that was a fave and has been washed timely ever since we lost him. Well last night she put on that shirt for we were so tired, we even talked about how good it was going to feel to get into our jammies on the drive home. She put it on then ran to me incredulous, sticking out the neck of the shirt for me to smell. Lord it smelled just like him, Rick had such a 'clean smell' naturally, we both loved that about him. We even packaged away some of his clothing in plastic so we'd never lose that smell. In sad moments I go soak my face in it, breathe him in, I suspect so does little none.

I told her it was him giving her a 'hug', that it was his way of letting her know he's always with us and that he's happy we've found a new smaller home we can be happy in. What a gift that is for her to have that moment, when it tears at her heart to know we're leaving the place we had so many wonderful memories with him.

Peaches, as I went to sleep last night I prayed for him to watch over you, to help you go this distance. I know he's there for you, he was that way, so eager and willing to be kind and supportive to others.

God bless you, you will endure and you will succeed. Our love to you always.

I continue to stand with the girl.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #346 on: February 09, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »

Peaches , I know we don't "see" each other as much as we use to, but you are never far away in my heart and my prayers are always with you chicky. I so admire your strength and your attitude in the face of adversity. Stay strong chicky... I love ya!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2008, 06:28:38 PM »

Today I had a MUGA scan.  Multigated Acquistion.  Something about checking my ejection fraction of my heart for something.  I don't know.  The tech was a cutie and very nice and smart so I forgot what he said.    I know he's the only one allowed to handle "nuclear" medicine.  On his door to his office, it says HOT ROOM.  Yeah, buddy!   It was another opportunity to have my left arm over my head for about 30 minutes.  My shoulders are still killing me from the RFA on my liver!

Tomorrow starts a different chemo drug, Doxil.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I'm sure it will have its own set of nasty side effects but don't they all?  It's all about the goal.  Time. 

I feel good.  I look pretty healthy.  And I am so still in the fight.  And while you're praying for me, I found this blog while reading my hometown paper online.  I read every entry and it's an amazing story.  Talk about super mom.  Well, check it out.  I think she's an interesting writer and does a great job of talking about cancer and its effects on her family, etc.  I pray she does well. 
http://punkrockmommy.org/blog/

Love you all.

Expect a miracle.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: February 13, 2008, 07:33:06 AM »

I am praying for you Peaches..

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
SarahD
Scared Monkey

Never give up!

« Reply #349 on: February 13, 2008, 12:27:36 PM »

I haven't had a lot to add here lately.  I've just been reading.  But, I want to add my prayers for Peaches along with everyone else.

Keep the spirits high Peaches.

Have a Sunshine Day!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: February 13, 2008, 12:52:19 PM »

Hey Sistah! Just letting you know that I am still in your corner.....

Love ya!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #351 on: February 13, 2008, 01:33:41 PM »

I came in here to cheer you on once again my dear Peaches and what happened?  You lifted my spirits and made me realize how very lucky I am to know you.  What you have given to the world is immeasurable.  You have allowed us to laugh and cry with you. To pray for a person we may never meet and see God's mighty power in your life. You have helped us down roads of sorrow and despair. To give us love all the while we are tying to let you know we are here for you.  I have had it wrong all along...
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #352 on: February 13, 2008, 01:36:17 PM »

YOU WERE BROUGHT HERE FOR US!   YOU ARE MY HERO!!
Miss-Underestimated
Scared Monkey

« Reply #353 on: February 13, 2008, 10:49:59 PM »

Hey Peaches,
You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I don't verve off the front page much, but I was browsing and wanted to stop by and give you my prayers today.

no more perfume for the pigs
crazybabyborg
« Reply #354 on: February 14, 2008, 12:08:34 AM »

Hi Peaches!

I was just checking in on you to see how you were doing with the new chemo. I also wanted to say thank you because you have helped me a great deal with my prayer life. I take the time, even when I would ordinarily think I didn't have it, to just stop, clear my mind, and have a chat with God. It's easier for me to do that for you than it is for me! 

Don't laugh, but I learned long ago that prayer is a two way conversation...........no, God doesn't "speak" to me exactly, but He definately communicates with my soul. Anyway, there have been several times lately that I have been compelled emotionally, and in my mind's eye, to just curl up in His arms and feel His love. I take you with me at His invitation, Peaches. Just wanted to share with you in words what we've already been sharing for some time. Luv Ya' Peaches! You're my "lap buddy"! 
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #355 on: February 14, 2008, 08:57:33 AM »

You're always in my prayers Peaches.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #356 on: February 15, 2008, 02:17:44 PM »

Today I had a MUGA scan.  Multigated Acquistion.  Something about checking my ejection fraction of my heart for something.  I don't know.  The tech was a cutie and very nice and smart so I forgot what he said.    I know he's the only one allowed to handle "nuclear" medicine.  On his door to his office, it says HOT ROOM.  Yeah, buddy!   It was another opportunity to have my left arm over my head for about 30 minutes.  My shoulders are still killing me from the RFA on my liver!

Tomorrow starts a different chemo drug, Doxil.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I'm sure it will have its own set of nasty side effects but don't they all?  It's all about the goal.  Time. 

I feel good.  I look pretty healthy.  And I am so still in the fight.  And while you're praying for me, I found this blog while reading my hometown paper online.  I read every entry and it's an amazing story.  Talk about super mom.  Well, check it out.  I think she's an interesting writer and does a great job of talking about cancer and its effects on her family, etc.  I pray she does well. 
http://punkrockmommy.org/blog/

Love you all.

Love to you too Peaches, so much love and support from us !

I have a story to share, I think God does send us messages when we most need them, this is a V-day one but I thought of you while it was happening, which will become apparent when you read it.

Yesterday I was traveling back from the midwest, in a major hub airport and of course, my flight was delayed. Anyway I thought to myself well it's V-Day, I'm missing my kids for today I need a hug, so doggone it if I now have 2 hours to wait due to delay then my employer can at least buy me a good dinner ! So I went to the Macaroni Grill, stood in line for about half a doggone hour, but was finally seated - of course all alone. I will never get used to dinners alone, even when traveling with work, it just feels so darn forlorn.

Well eventually tables change out on either side of me, soon I am sitting next to an older couple on my left and a very young couple on my right. Honestly I was sitting there reading over text messages I saved from Rick, yes I still have them and can't part with them, just reading and feeling sorry for myself that he's not here.

the older couple's meal arrived and they held hands and said grace, it's just so rare to see that, it touched me too. The younger couple is just so cute and so in love, just fun to watch hoping they treasure it, youth is so fleeting. Finally I finish my dinner, it wasn't appetizing so I ate little but it had nothing to do with the quality of the food, but the waitress seemed to know I was killing time - suggested I have a latte. It was just what I needed too. Anyway my latte sparks the older couple asking me if it's good, for they might want one too. Before long we're chatting like old friends, but they had a story to tell, one that made me think Rick was hovering closeby.

They met 25 years prior when married to other people, went to the same church and were good friends. They both lost their spouses to cancer in the last year, even though they no longer lived in the same place, they had kept in touch during the illnesses. They were support for one another, both had spouses with untreatable and inoperable cancers, much like Rick's. So sweet Peaches I had to reflect that although you don't feel lucky, please know the very fact that your liver could regenerate and endure the surgery, is such a bonus.

It seems they 'discovered' last December that what was friendship had blossomed into love. They marrried on xmas eve, have 8 children between them and 22 grandchildren. They both volunteer with hospice now as well, so redeeming this 70-something couple with so much life, zest, and love to give to the world.

God knew I didn't need to feel so alone in that airport without my Rick, I am convinced of it. Sweet Peaches I think the message is for you as well, for you're always in my heart as I ask Rick to watch over you...........we need to count our blessings. You have a fighting chance, I never was so bold to post how dismal the prognosis was for Rick, but it truly was dismal. I think I felt if I acknowledge that prognosis somehow it would come true, sigh.

You can beat this, you have so much love and support behind you and you are such a fighter.

I shared with this sweet couple the story of my friend Peaches, about how you've had physicians willing to provide cutting edge treatment and how hard you are fighting to beat this, and even about your lovely husband and daughter who are behind you throughout. Well just know she's already emailed me and asked me to tell you they are praying for you, and asking their support group for spouses with losses to cancer to pray for you too.

Thanks for sharing that blog, what challenges people have and like you, I so hope that mother can move beyond her cancer to a long and happy life.

Happy Valentine's Day sweet Peaches

I continue to stand with the girl.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2008, 08:39:36 PM »

Peaches,

I haven't posted here lately and I didn't want you to think I had forgotten you.  Just have been like a gumby lately, dealing with the sale of my parent's home and clearing out all the stuff.  Have had little time on the internet. 

Just know that I think of you daily and feel the same way as Nonesuche and the other monkeys.  You are an inspiration.  Keep on keepin' on....

XXOO

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #358 on: February 22, 2008, 10:49:52 AM »

Thanks to all of you.   

Peaches, you are a miracle. Thank you for letting me learn so much from you. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you are not going to have to do that interperitoneal chemo...Stay as strong as you are! I love reading your posts!!

Bring Natalee home...
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2008, 01:06:06 PM »

Keeping you lifted up high in my prayers Peaches..God Bless you,Tot

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.