March 19, 2024, 01:23:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441873 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #360 on: February 28, 2008, 08:15:18 PM »

Well, the new chemo seems to be okay.  If I can steer clear of the PPE side effect, I'm good.  I talked about PPE to my chemo nurse so now I understand what kinds of things I can't do for about 4-7 days following chemo.  No biggie.

I don't look sick.  I have a reasonable appetite.  Once the weather warms up, I'm thinking about walking.  But not till it's warm. 

The battle is far from over here on the ovarian cancer front.  My post-RFA CT looks great.  Your continued prayers are of course appreciated and crucial.

Smoochies to all.  You are fine bunch of people.  I love you all.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: February 29, 2008, 11:41:41 AM »

Big smoochies right back at you Peaches.I want you to know that I'm interceding on your behalf daily in my prayers. The "JOY"of the Lord is your strength.If the devil gets that,you weaken, so I pray for your joy and strength always.You are precious to me..God Bless you..

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #362 on: February 29, 2008, 05:17:55 PM »

Hang in there girl!  My hero once again!  {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: March 01, 2008, 03:48:10 PM »

Peaches......God Bless You!
You are an inspiration to us all.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: March 02, 2008, 11:02:52 AM »

Peaches - I cannot tell you how much it means to me that in the midst of all you are going through that you'd reach out to someone else.....to me. I am honored to take your hand and cling with you. I do have faith that God has a plan for me, and for my children, and I appreciate your prayers more than you'll ever know.
I am asking Him for my miracle, and offering my thanks up to Him. I'm so glad you pointed that out to me!
You are also in my prayers, Peaches. I think of you often, and hope that you're doing well, and that your miracle is taking place. God is a loving God, and indeed he does love you, and me, and all of us.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #365 on: March 03, 2008, 10:06:02 PM »

May I touch your heart dear Peaches
May I keep that love you give so dearly
so freely
May I use it to touch others hearts
and bring healing to all those in need

You are a real lady
A champion beyond this world
You know it - inside - you do
May you be blessed this very night
as I whisper your name to heaven above
Go in peace little angel
the light trails behind you
Always

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2008, 05:44:30 PM »

so freely

You are a real lady
Go in peace little angel
Always

Kermit, that is so beautiful.  I needed that today.  Thank you.

Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #367 on: March 05, 2008, 05:06:32 AM »

I had my follow up visit with the liver doctor yesterday.  Evidently my post RFA site looks great.  Wish I could say the same for the rest of the CT scan.  As you recall, I had a CT last Wednesday and I had the nurse call me with the "results" because I told her the suspense was going to kill me.  So she called me and told me what she was told to:  the post RFA site looks great.  Well, it wasn't a total lie.  That site does look good. I should have known when she would not fax me the report before I saw the doctor. 

It's the five new tumors that don't look so good.  Three are on my liver, two are on my ascending colon.  Nice.  No RFA for this crap.  Laparoscopy is out too.  It's nice when you have a target to go for but it's not the best if you have several things to snatch out AND want to take a cursory look around.  Y'all see where this is going, don't you?  I know I do.  Open abdominal surgery, my personal favorite.  It's going to involve the liver doc and my gyn-onc because they specialize in different areas of surgery and are both oncologists.

I had the liver RFA on 1/22 and this CT on 2/27.  Count the days.  Five new tumors.  36 days.  I asked the obvious question of the liver doc:  When do we need to do this?  I was told a couple weeks.  Great. 

So this morning, my gyn-onc's nurse-practitioner is going to have him call me about this situation because I can't get an appt. until next Wed. (like I'm gonna wait until THEN!)  I guess until I talk to Dr. B that I really don't know anything else for sure.  But this isn't my first rodeo either.  I sense some urgency here.  I am creeped out by the idea of walking around with five new freaking tumors so some of the urgency is mine.  And the weather is warming up and the pool opens Memorial Day weekend and I want to go to Nashville for the 4th of July to see my DH and his chorus sing on the International stage and I want to go to the Cape to see my sister and I need to teach my daughter to parallel park so she can get her drivers license and I'm just too busy for this crap.

More to follow later.

Expect a miracle.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #368 on: March 05, 2008, 08:35:24 AM »

I had my follow up visit with the liver doctor yesterday.  Evidently my post RFA site looks great.  Wish I could say the same for the rest of the CT scan.  As you recall, I had a CT last Wednesday and I had the nurse call me with the "results" because I told her the suspense was going to kill me.  So she called me and told me what she was told to:  the post RFA site looks great.  Well, it wasn't a total lie.  That site does look good. I should have known when she would not fax me the report before I saw the doctor. 

It's the five new tumors that don't look so good.  Three are on my liver, two are on my ascending colon.  Nice.  No RFA for this crap.  Laparoscopy is out too.  It's nice when you have a target to go for but it's not the best if you have several things to snatch out AND want to take a cursory look around.  Y'all see where this is going, don't you?  I know I do.  Open abdominal surgery, my personal favorite.  It's going to involve the liver doc and my gyn-onc because they specialize in different areas of surgery and are both oncologists.

I had the liver RFA on 1/22 and this CT on 2/27.  Count the days.  Five new tumors.  36 days.  I asked the obvious question of the liver doc:  When do we need to do this?  I was told a couple weeks.  Great. 

So this morning, my gyn-onc's nurse-practitioner is going to have him call me about this situation because I can't get an appt. until next Wed. (like I'm gonna wait until THEN!)  I guess until I talk to Dr. B that I really don't know anything else for sure.  But this isn't my first rodeo either.  I sense some urgency here.  I am creeped out by the idea of walking around with five new freaking tumors so some of the urgency is mine.  And the weather is warming up and the pool opens Memorial Day weekend and I want to go to Nashville for the 4th of July to see my DH and his chorus sing on the International stage and I want to go to the Cape to see my sister and I need to teach my daughter to parallel park so she can get her drivers license and I'm just too busy for this crap.

More to follow later.

Peaches, I know we don't "talk" alot anymore, but please know that not a day goes by that I don't include you in my prayers. I am in your corner. I love you chicky!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #369 on: March 05, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »

Peaches,

It is incredibly poopy that you should have to go through surgery again, not to mention the stress that you must be experiencing.

Please know that you have countless numbers of monkeys holding you in their thoughts and prayers all the time. We all love you soooooo much, and that's not a fraction of the amount of love that God feels for you. You're gonna do great!

Hugs and Smoochies

I Stand With The Girl
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #370 on: March 05, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

Peaches,

It is incredibly poopy that you should have to go through surgery again, not to mention the stress that you must be experiencing.

Please know that you have countless numbers of monkeys holding you in their thoughts and prayers all the time. We all love you soooooo much, and that's not a fraction of the amount of love that God feels for you. You're gonna do great!

Hugs and Smoochies

I didn't get to talk to the doctor today either.  I have to have a chest CT tomorrow because the other CT report suggests it.  My doc is a big picture kinda guy.  He wants all the info up front.  No surprises in surgery.  And two of these new liver tumors are close to my diaphragm.  So tomorrow at 3:00 p.m., I'll be having a yummy Berry Contrast cocktail and a CT chaser.  I can hardly wait.  I'm trying to keep my chin up because I haven't talked to my gyn-onc yet and he's the expert.  But the liver doc made it sound like surgery was next in the line up.  I guess I'm not surprised really.  This is what they mean by metastatic disease.  Every couple years, you have to go into the hospital and get buffed up to go some more until you just can't go anymore.  I can't see Dr. B jumping for chemo with 5 new tumors that popped in 36 days...all under 2 cm, the smallest being .09 cm.  I've had platinum as recently as last Nov. and that's usually the big gun so it's probablytoo soon to do platinum again.  I guess I get to wait until I talk to my doctor and spend my time praying rather than speculating.

Thanks for stopping by.  Love to you and Simon.  And send my smoochies to TerryD.  I hope he's doing better than me!  Tell him a little status report to the fan club would be nice.

Expect a miracle.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: March 05, 2008, 11:37:42 PM »

Oh Peaches,

I am praying for you.

Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #372 on: March 06, 2008, 01:32:13 PM »

so freely

You are a real lady
Go in peace little angel
Always

Kermit, that is so beautiful.  I needed that today.  Thank you.

Peace be still little one, your gift is coming.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: March 06, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »

((HUGS))

yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #374 on: March 06, 2008, 07:23:29 PM »

Peaches, my sister in crime, you are always in my prayers. Hugs gal & I have some windmill cookies stashed for us to have with coffee!!!

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #375 on: March 06, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »

Hugs to Peaches.

Prayers of strength to help you through.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #376 on: March 07, 2008, 12:05:22 PM »

Peaches - I'm sorry to hear that you are facing surgery and all that it entails. I will continue to pray for you, and your family, and for the miracle you so derserve. I'm also praying for your doctors, because they have such important work to do for you. And this time, I'm offering you my hand to cling to as you so generously offered yours to me.
We all love you Peaches, and our prayers and love will surround you. Fight on.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2008, 08:38:48 PM »

You are my hero!!!  God is there with you...hang on...it's another bumpy ride...until we get past the curves and then it's smooth sailing again.  {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #378 on: March 12, 2008, 03:27:49 PM »

Home from the gyn-onc.  I was a basket case when he came in and he said "I haven't even started talking yet!"  At first, he started talking about shrinking the tumors with a different kind of chemo.  I said wait a minute, the liver doc told me it's gotta go and y'all need to get in there and have a look around and he's talking in the next couple weeks!  So he left the room, talked to the liver doc and now I'm waiting for Dr.'s adim. asst. to call me with the schedule.  Nice.

That's all I know so far.

Expect a miracle.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #379 on: March 12, 2008, 06:40:14 PM »

Hey Peaches!
My internet's been down for almost 2 weeks, and I couldn't get to you! 

Well, I see that you've had a lot going on and even more to think about! I like your attitude, and am glad you're able to "take charge" and forge ahead step by step. I know the thoughts of surgery are daunting to you, and I just keep thinking that if those little tumors could talk, they'd tell you they are a lot more daunted by surgery prospects than you are! They aren't going to be around anymore afterward, and that's just great.

You're feeling good right now, and I hope you absolutely bask in that. You have faith in your physicians and that means a lot. You have faith in God, and you join a tremendous chorus of loving, healing hearts in that faith poured out for you. Pitted against a few little tumors, I'll take the God that created you and the Universe, anyday! 

You, dear one, are an inspiration for us all and we're going to need to learn from what God does in your life for many years. You'll be fine, Peaches. You will heal, by God directing your Physician's hands and our prayers for a well loved sister. There are far, far more positive forces at work here than destructive ones. I'm not going to lend any power with my worry and fret, so don't you either, k? I'm going to crawl up in Christ's lap with you and watch sunsets, we're going to look at our children's faces and marvel, and feel the Spring sunshine warm the trees and flowers until they burst into color and promise. And while we take all that is beautiful in, we'll look up and realize that Christ has been teaching us of himself. The entire earth responds to Him, Peaches. Those few small tumors don't have a chance.  I love you, hon!

Phl 4:8   Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.

(Upon Jesus' entry into Jerusalem, our Palm Sunday)
Luk 19:38  saying, Blessed [is] the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest. 
Luk 19:39   And some of the Pharisees from the multitude said unto him, Teacher, rebuke thy disciples. 
Luk 19:40   And He answered and said, I tell you that, if these shall hold their peace, the stones will cry out. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.