April 27, 2024, 12:30:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 444020 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2008, 07:04:37 PM »

Peaches,

I'm a fan of the books of Deepak Chopra, and I rememember an interesting story from one of them. Dr. Chopra describes how an older woman came to his office one day, along with her daughter. He did an exam and tests on the older woman, then talked privately with her daughter and explained to the daughter that her mom had widespread cancer that it was too late to treat. The daughter asked that he not tell her mom it was cancer. He agreed to the daughter's request, and told the mom that it was nothing serious.

Dr. Chopra said he didn't see the woman again and made the assumption that she had died of her cancer not long after he had examined her. Several years later, however, the woman showed up at his office again. He was amazed to see her, and when he examined her, he found that she was totally cancer free. After he told her she was in good health, she told him that when she had come to see him the first time, she had been convinced she had cancer. After he had told her she didn't, however, she knew that she was going to be okay.

The lesson here, I think, is that you don't have anything to worry about. You are a woman of strong faith who does not let some little piddly thing like cancer frighten you. You know you're going to be okay, and so do all of us who love you.

Keep up the good work and keep kicking that cancer's butt!!

I Stand With The Girl
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #381 on: March 12, 2008, 07:16:47 PM »

It Takes Courage

It takes Courage to care about each member of the family and the struggles they face!

It takes Courage to care about friends and the daily test they encounter. To let them know you will stand by them through each struggle.

It takes Courage to complete each commitment you make toward others.

It takes Courage to confront the weaknesses in your life and be willing to address needed changes

It takes Courage to confess your thoughtless words or neglectful actions toward a person you love.

It takes Courage to proclaim your faith and convictions to people who are judgmental.

It takes Courage to live each day with Integrity.

It takes Courage to respect others when others show little or no respect for you!

It takes Courage to focus on what remains rather than what you've lost

It takes Courage once you recognize that life is a test and your willing to accept the everyday challenges.
© 1999 Gene Bedley

Gene Bedley

Peaches you are one of the most courageous women I know.  You strenghten me.  Keep up the good fight.  We're here for you buddy. 

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #382 on: March 13, 2008, 11:24:24 AM »

Peaches,

I caught up reading here, yesterday, as I was behind in everything since we were away for a week on vacation.   I didn't know what to say at that moment, so I gave myself some time.  I'm not as spontaneous or as eloquent in posting as some of the other monkeys.

Anyway, I thought and prayed and believe you will do all the things you've mentioned you want to do.  I believe it and although it's crappy that you now have these new tumors to deal with, you will get through it.  You're tough, you're resilient and as Lala's has said many times, you are our hero...I have no doubt that the Lord will bring you through this.

XXXOOO

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: March 13, 2008, 01:38:19 PM »

Good Morning Peaches

Psalm 118:23
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

In Christ's Love

Janet

++++++++++++

Whispering Hope

Soft as the voice of an angel
Breathing a lesson unheard
Hope with a gentle persuasion
Whispers His comforting word

Wait till the darkness is over
Wait till the tempest is done
Hope for the sunshine tomorrow
After the shower is gone

Whispering hope
Oh how welcome thy voice
Making my heart in its sorrow rejoice

If in the dusk of the twilight
Dim be the region afar
Will not the deepening darkness
Brighten the shimmering star

Then when the night is upon us
Why should the heart sink away
When the dark midnight is over
Watch for the breaking of day

Whispering hope
Oh how welcome thy voice

Whispering hope
Oh how welcome thy voice

Words & Music: Septimus Winner
Artist: -Anne Murray

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #384 on: March 14, 2008, 11:00:16 AM »

Sweet Peaches,

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Standing in the gap for you with my prayers..

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #385 on: March 14, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »

Peaches, regarding plantar fasciitis, the thing that helped me the most - besides pain meds and ice - is keeping the heel and arch supported 24/7.  My doctor said to support foot even when getting up in the night to go to the bathroom.  Slip into shoes or have supportive slippers or sandals handy. The only time the foot should be without support is when you are in the shower.  Good luck!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #386 on: March 14, 2008, 01:37:27 PM »

Peaches, in the spirit of keeping things positive and cheerful, I just had to offer you this for your Easter Avatar!   

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/epc.gif

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #387 on: March 14, 2008, 02:04:42 PM »

Peaches, in the spirit of keeping things positive and cheerful, I just had to offer you this for your Easter Avatar!   

I love it!  Thanks so much for everything!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #388 on: March 14, 2008, 03:30:52 PM »

Hi Peaches sweetie :+)  I knew that youd pick the Basset  that is such your humor  and CBB  great Job !!
  Luv ya both  Jerry from Ohio

I love it!  Thanks so much for everything!

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: March 14, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »

Peaches, I too suffer from Plantar Faciitis. One of the best devices I've found is a night splint which my podiatrist ordered. I have literally been pain free for over a year now because of it. Taping and massage help, as well as Ibuprofen, to reduce the swelling and inflammation.

Here is a link to some wonderful information and instruction videos (on the right hand side).

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/foot/plantarfaciitis.htm

I'm not sure how your insurance would handle this but, mine paid for the splint 100%.

Good luck. I know how painful it can be. I'll say a prayer for you!

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #390 on: March 14, 2008, 06:18:02 PM »

Plantar Faciitis

Me too.  I use a tennis ball to roll over.  Need to stretch calf muscles.  If you can't get a splint, try a high top tennis shoe (at night or when resting).  I tried all sorts of fancy, expensive  inserts...but the best one was the 1/2 (little) Dr. Scholls, blue ones...about $6-7 (and they even fit in dress shoes). The "heel" pads were terrible and slipped all the time. The ortho (made to fit) insoles gave me back pains.  Good luck.

All the best, in everything.  You're always in my prayers.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: March 15, 2008, 10:18:59 AM »

For you Peaches...

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: March 15, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »

Peaches, regarding plantar fasciitis, the thing that helped me the most - besides pain meds and ice - is keeping the heel and arch supported 24/7.  My doctor said to support foot even when getting up in the night to go to the bathroom.  Slip into shoes or have supportive slippers or sandals handy. The only time the foot should be without support is when you are in the shower.  Good luck!

That is very painful.  The doctor wanted me to get cortisone shots in the heel.  I got a pedicure (my first ever) and it worked.  Every time I feel it start up, I get another one.  It helps every time.  I can't remember the last time it bothered me.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: March 15, 2008, 09:18:12 PM »

Peaches, I think of you and say a prayer for you often.

I just love to see your cute monkey face, it makes me want to grab your cheeks and give you a great big smooch!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #394 on: March 16, 2008, 10:10:08 AM »

Hey Peaches!  Your lilttle bassett hound is so darn cute! Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and that you and your family remain in my prayers.

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #395 on: March 17, 2008, 09:39:18 PM »

Hang in there Peaches

Sorry to hear you have tumors on your liver.  My younger sister 25 has tumors on her liver too, she's had em for a couple of years now. They were aggravated when she was on birth control pills, I guess the hormones wreak havoc with them. I am guessing in your situation, that hormones might be a factor?  My sis is doing fine with hers, I'll say prayers that your going to stay strong through this too. 

I had a plantars wart years ago on my foot, hurt like a son of a gun, so I cant imagine what pain you're having with the fasciitis/  I'll say a prayer that it goes away soon for you!
Hang in there, we're all sending positive vibes your way
MsVada

Maine, born and raised!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: March 19, 2008, 01:30:11 AM »

HUGS
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: March 19, 2008, 08:32:01 AM »

Lot's and lot's of prayers and hugs for you Peaches...

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #398 on: March 19, 2008, 03:50:27 PM »

Peaches....I don't talk with you often .... but I think about you and pray for you every day.  You might like to know that the nuns still pray for you and whenever I see one of the elderly nuns, she asks me "How is 'oranges' doing?" ...lol....You are still my hero....and I still believe in miracles....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #399 on: March 20, 2008, 09:37:20 AM »

Praying for you Peaches...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.