March 19, 2024, 03:09:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441882 times)
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #420 on: March 31, 2008, 05:36:31 PM »

Always in our thoughts and prayers! So whats your take for April 19th? We miss you and Bean needs your support. Go Huskers!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #421 on: April 01, 2008, 09:57:49 AM »

Hi Peaches! 

Thinking about you today.  I actually thought about you last night, someone gave me peach iced tea with a peach slice in it instead of the regular iced tea.  I thought you must have needed an extra prayer and that was my cue.

Wishing you strength and hope, today and always and sending you a heaping helping of monkey love.  Monkey hugs cutie!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #422 on: April 03, 2008, 12:55:41 PM »

I second all of the emotions - we miss you and are pulling for you Peaches 

HUGS TO PEACHES

I continue to stand with the girl.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #423 on: April 05, 2008, 08:04:08 AM »

Good morning, my friends.  I haven't had much to say recently because there's nothing happening.  Well, sort of.  I have to have surgery on April 17.  Guess I'll miss the Spring Game for the Huskers.  The liver doc is going to resection my liver and clean up a couple other tumors in my abdomen and install an IP port. 

How do I feel about this?  Am I worried about this upcoming surgery?  I feel like I knew it was coming.  The RFA of my liver in January went really well.  I felt good about it.  So did my doc.  The CT to check the RFA site provided an opportunity to find the five new tumors.  They're not very big.  Size isn't the point.  The point is the five new tumors are there at all!  I have had minimal time off since January 2006 when I started chemo.  My docs have been blasting my cancer and me with some really serious and expensive shit and yet, it's back like a mooching relative.  WTF?  It is interesting and noteworthy that since my initial debulking surgery in Dec. 2005, I have not had a tumor show up on a pelvic CT.  Every recurrence has showed up on my abdominal CT. Chest CT is clear as well.  Anyway, when the liver doc told me I had five new tumors, I don't think I was surprised.  He told me in Jan. that the good thing about your liver is that it regenerates itself.  The RFA site has probably already repaired itself.  I'm not worried about my liver really.  My labs have always been good.  I feel good.  I look great.  No joke.  I have hair and I look like my drivers license pic... maybe even better....just a tad more grey.  I take pretty good care of myself in spite of this stupid cancer.  Geez, I'm rambling.  I must need to ramble.

Am I worried?  About surgery?  Why?  What good would it do me?   What's in it for me?  Worrying about surgery is a tremendous waste of time.  I have the best liver doc in Atlanta.  Let him worry about it.  That's why he gets the big bucks and gets to talk on the website about DaVinci robotic surgery.  I am confident Dr. D. can do what he says he will do.  He is an expert in surgery AND oncology.  He's a good guy.  Besides, I'm too blonde to even know what to worry about.  Yes, it's open abdominal surgery.  BFD.  Been there before. Done it.  Got the scar (which looks fabulous by the way).  What do I care?  I'm more of a tankini kinda girl anyway.  And I heal well.  I'm the right weight for my height and other than smoking, I'm doing pretty well for my age and a helluva lot better than some with and without cancer. 

I can't let cancer win.  I just can't.  It pisses me off.  I worry I won't be here for my daughter and my husband and my father (God bless Fred).  I have a good life.  I am so very blessed by so many people in my life, many of whom are right here.  My problem is not THAT big.  God is so much bigger than my problem.  And He can handle it.  All I have to do is ask and let Him and then watch and pray and thank Him for the miracle that is coming.  Sounds like a better idea than worrying and obsessing about a little surgery.  Alright, a big surgery. 

If I have to sit in the hospital 5-7 days, oh well!  It's a nice hospital.  My liver doc is a big cheese there so I'm confident I'll get great care.   I'm coming home to a new deck off of the master bedroom on the second floor!  Well Happy Birthday to ME!  And thanks Fred.  I'm going to recover from my bedroom, wander out my French door onto the deck, watch the birds at their feeders, watch my dogs chase squirrels from aforementioned feeders and get some sun.  I'm going to read some books.  And I'm going to work from my bed in my jammies.  When I am not in the office, my guys are discombobulated completely.  I've been taking care of their every administrative need for eleven years.  When I had surgery the first time, my boss said they whined at every Monday meeting about when I was coming back.  I love them.  So I'm going to have them email me stuff to do and I can email it back for them to print and sign.  Means I better teach them how to do envelops.  That's the adventure for next week.  I'm thinking about a flash drive to grab my docs and spreadsheets and stuff from the office and it'll be almost like being there!  The best part is that it will keep my guys and their stuff away from the other person that would be most likely to hand it off to.  What I do for them cannot be handed off.  Yeah, they dictate sometimes.  And I listen and recompose as I go so they sound smart and confident like the insurance execs they are.  In some cases, they just scratch out a note saying "deny based on this" and give me the reason and documentation and I do the rest, print it, sign it and out it goes.  They never see it again once it comes to me. Nobody else can do that for them.  Nobody else will.  It's what I do.  I ghostwrite vice presidents.  Besides, it'll give me something to do since I won't be running up and down the stairs. 

Today, it's a rainy Saturday.  I am taking my only baby to get her drivers license.  Good grief.  She took to parallel parking like a duck to water.  I thought that was going to be an issue.  PUHLEEZE!  She watched her dad do it a couple times, got back in her car and parked it between the two trash cans (about 25 feet apart).  Then she took turns parking all three cars. Done deal.  So we're going to do a road trip to Blue Ridge and then my baby will be on the loose.  (Hardly.)

Enough rambling.  Thanks for hanging in here with me.  It means the world to me.  Do not worry about this surgery thing.  I will of course have Mr. Peaches report in that evening.  You won't miss a thing, trust me.  It's a good time to ramp up those prayers.  He's listening and I appreciate it.  I love you all.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #424 on: April 05, 2008, 08:49:28 AM »

Keeping you lifted up in my prayers Peaches...

And...

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: April 05, 2008, 10:21:30 AM »

Peaches - you are amazing!

OK..now down to business.  I've been working from home for years, even before I started working from home full time.  I can give you some tips on how to make things run smoothly!  A flash drive is a must but you already know that.  Another suggestion would be to get a small external hard drive.  You could wait until almost before your last day at work before surgery and copy ALL of your files onto the external hard drive and then take it home.  Just depends upon how many files we are talking about. 

There are also ways to set it up where you can actually get into your computer at work from home.  YOU could then do the envelopes for them as long as they know how to put them in the printer (I know..it will be hard to teach them, lol).

Email me if you have any questions!

smklaas@hotmail.com

HUGS!
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #426 on: April 05, 2008, 10:46:49 AM »

Hi Peaches...as Klaas said ... You are amazing!

Thanks for letting us know what is going on. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Good Luck with your 'Baby' driving and so sorry you will miss the game!

God Bless You, Peaches.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #427 on: April 05, 2008, 11:33:34 AM »

Good morning, my friends.  I haven't had much to say recently because there's nothing happening.  Well, sort of.  I have to have surgery on April 17.  Guess I'll miss the Spring Game for the Huskers.  The liver doc is going to resection my liver and clean up a couple other tumors in my abdomen and install an IP port. 

How do I feel about this?  Am I worried about this upcoming surgery?  I feel like I knew it was coming.  The RFA of my liver in January went really well.  I felt good about it.  So did my doc.  The CT to check the RFA site provided an opportunity to find the five new tumors.  They're not very big.  Size isn't the point.  The point is the five new tumors are there at all!  I have had minimal time off since January 2006 when I started chemo.  My docs have been blasting my cancer and me with some really serious and expensive shit and yet, it's back like a mooching relative.  WTF?  It is interesting and noteworthy that since my initial debulking surgery in Dec. 2005, I have not had a tumor show up on a pelvic CT.  Every recurrence has showed up on my abdominal CT. Chest CT is clear as well.  Anyway, when the liver doc told me I had five new tumors, I don't think I was surprised.  He told me in Jan. that the good thing about your liver is that it regenerates itself.  The RFA site has probably already repaired itself.  I'm not worried about my liver really.  My labs have always been good.  I feel good.  I look great.  No joke.  I have hair and I look like my drivers license pic... maybe even better....just a tad more grey.  I take pretty good care of myself in spite of this stupid cancer.  Geez, I'm rambling.  I must need to ramble.

Am I worried?  About surgery?  Why?  What good would it do me?   What's in it for me?  Worrying about surgery is a tremendous waste of time.  I have the best liver doc in Atlanta.  Let him worry about it.  That's why he gets the big bucks and gets to talk on the website about DaVinci robotic surgery.  I am confident Dr. D. can do what he says he will do.  He is an expert in surgery AND oncology.  He's a good guy.  Besides, I'm too blonde to even know what to worry about.  Yes, it's open abdominal surgery.  BFD.  Been there before. Done it.  Got the scar (which looks fabulous by the way).  What do I care?  I'm more of a tankini kinda girl anyway.  And I heal well.  I'm the right weight for my height and other than smoking, I'm doing pretty well for my age and a helluva lot better than some with and without cancer. 

I can't let cancer win.  I just can't.  It pisses me off.  I worry I won't be here for my daughter and my husband and my father (God bless Fred).  I have a good life.  I am so very blessed by so many people in my life, many of whom are right here.  My problem is not THAT big.  God is so much bigger than my problem.  And He can handle it.  All I have to do is ask and let Him and then watch and pray and thank Him for the miracle that is coming.  Sounds like a better idea than worrying and obsessing about a little surgery.  Alright, a big surgery. 

If I have to sit in the hospital 5-7 days, oh well!  It's a nice hospital.  My liver doc is a big cheese there so I'm confident I'll get great care.   I'm coming home to a new deck off of the master bedroom on the second floor!  Well Happy Birthday to ME!  And thanks Fred.  I'm going to recover from my bedroom, wander out my French door onto the deck, watch the birds at their feeders, watch my dogs chase squirrels from aforementioned feeders and get some sun.  I'm going to read some books.  And I'm going to work from my bed in my jammies.  When I am not in the office, my guys are discombobulated completely.  I've been taking care of their every administrative need for eleven years.  When I had surgery the first time, my boss said they whined at every Monday meeting about when I was coming back.  I love them.  So I'm going to have them email me stuff to do and I can email it back for them to print and sign.  Means I better teach them how to do envelops.  That's the adventure for next week.  I'm thinking about a flash drive to grab my docs and spreadsheets and stuff from the office and it'll be almost like being there!  The best part is that it will keep my guys and their stuff away from the other person that would be most likely to hand it off to.  What I do for them cannot be handed off.  Yeah, they dictate sometimes.  And I listen and recompose as I go so they sound smart and confident like the insurance execs they are.  In some cases, they just scratch out a note saying "deny based on this" and give me the reason and documentation and I do the rest, print it, sign it and out it goes.  They never see it again once it comes to me. Nobody else can do that for them.  Nobody else will.  It's what I do.  I ghostwrite vice presidents.  Besides, it'll give me something to do since I won't be running up and down the stairs. 

Today, it's a rainy Saturday.  I am taking my only baby to get her drivers license.  Good grief.  She took to parallel parking like a duck to water.  I thought that was going to be an issue.  PUHLEEZE!  She watched her dad do it a couple times, got back in her car and parked it between the two trash cans (about 25 feet apart).  Then she took turns parking all three cars. Done deal.  So we're going to do a road trip to Blue Ridge and then my baby will be on the loose.  (Hardly.)

Enough rambling.  Thanks for hanging in here with me.  It means the world to me.  Do not worry about this surgery thing.  I will of course have Mr. Peaches report in that evening.  You won't miss a thing, trust me.  It's a good time to ramp up those prayers.  He's listening and I appreciate it.  I love you all.

This is why YOU ARE MY HERO!!  Nothing else needs saying...you said it all...AMAZING is right!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: April 05, 2008, 02:34:46 PM »

Peaches ... thank you for sharing.

Hugs

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #429 on: April 05, 2008, 04:47:18 PM »

Sweet Peaches, indeed you are heads above many and an inspiration to us all.

You will endure and take it from me like Klaas, I worked from home since 2000 and have loved it - only wish now I didn't have to travel. Actually I have learned to work perched on the floor in the airport with my laptop between my legs for hours and hours, kids hopping over my legs, wireless signals going in and out - start, restart 

Laminate a how-to card for the guys to learn envelopes and tell them not to whine about it.

Keep it up, you endure and you surpass our expectations daily 

What a daughter, no doubt she's a chip off Mom's block and therefore able to handle a mountain or two, much less parallel parking !!

Love you too Peaches, oh and here's something for you in advance of your spring game!

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #430 on: April 05, 2008, 07:45:57 PM »

Wow, Peaches! Just Wow! You made me cry. I'm ashamed of myself for not always being able to maintain an attitude like yours with less reason not to!

OK, you've given US a shot in the arm, and we're teaming up in prayer for you! This is going to go your way, Peaches!
Flmom47
Scared Monkey

« Reply #431 on: April 05, 2008, 10:06:39 PM »

Hi Peaches, I'm a lurker. I just wanted to pop in and tell you that my prayers are with you in your upcoming surgery. I wanted to give you a little encouragement. My boss was diagnosed with two different cancers in January. Melanoma on his neck and liver cancer. Yes two different cancers. He had liver resection in February and he's like you, very determined and very much forging ahead with a very positive attitude.  He's really been an inspiration to us all.  He has some amazing doctors at the cancer hospital in Tampa.  After his liver surgery, he was back to work in a couple of weeks...not full time mind you, but his doctors would really amazed how quickly he bounced back. He had his lymph nodes taken out of his neck a couple of weeks ago. He was back to the work really quickly then too, doing the boss thing..giving us a hard time LOL. We've always complained that he's hardheaded and quite stubborn..but I believe those traits have helped him in this fight to beat both these cancers.  You're not a quitter either and you're also such an inspiration. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

I wanted to also tell you, if you weren't aware already, that there is a way for you to access your computer at work. It's www.gotomypc.com . You can actually log in to your desktop and the only requirement is that your computer at work  has to be on. I've worked at home many times using this program and it's very handy. You also would be able to print  and it would send it to the printer at your workstation.  It's just as if you were  sitting in front of your computer at work. Hope this helps!

If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, then it's a duck!

BOYCOTT ARUBA!!!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: April 08, 2008, 01:35:53 AM »

Peaches, you are amazing.

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: April 08, 2008, 09:14:32 AM »

Peaches - You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday!  You will come thru this surgery with flying colors - no doubt!  We all love and support you!  You are a true inspiration!

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: April 08, 2008, 06:30:03 PM »

Peaches ... I can relates to all your emotions.

In 1990 I had major brain surgery to remove a tumor the size of an egg.  I had never had any symptoms ... not even a headache.  It was discover in the nick of time because of something completely unrelated.

Peaches ... like you ... I had so many blessings in life and ... although I had assurance of eternal salvation ... I did not want to leave my husband, kids and father.  If I was going to leave them ... I would go out kicking.

I have lots of extended family ... good friends but ... when all is said and down ... husband, kids and father were my focus.  You learn your priorities in life real quick.  The job, house, possessions and bank account mean absolutely nothing.

Our two eldest had already graduation from high school but ... surprise package son turned seven years old two days before my surgery.  Actually ... the week before surgery when the tumor was discovered and ... its position in relation to the brain stem implied that it had to come out immediately ... I informed the surgeon that son's seventh birthday party was the priority.

Long story short ... after a relatively short recouperation period ... after putting my family through a H--- on Earth ... I was back at work three month sooner than docs had predicted ... I have never looked back.  Yearly cat scans became two year cat scans and ... now it is every three years.

In the eighteen years since surgery I have been afforded many blessings that I do not take for granted.  I was at my precious  father's death bed holding his hand.  I was there to when youngest son received his high school and university diploma.  I was an honored guest at all three of my children's weddings.  I held all five of my grandchildren shortly after they were born.  Four year old grandson ... I was present when he took his first breath.

Peaches ... my prayer is that eighteen years from now you will be able to look back at this cancer experience as a real bad nightmare ... a real bad nightmare that has allowed what you have learned to benefit others who are being forced to endure the storms of life.

God Bless

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: April 11, 2008, 09:33:18 AM »

Peaches - Your strength amazes me, and like Lala's.....you are a hero to me as well.
Fight on. We're with you all the way!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #436 on: April 15, 2008, 07:57:14 AM »

Janet, you never cease to amaze me.  I found your story of survival to be very inspirational. 

pdh3, still praying for improvement in your situation, whatever it is, whatever you need. 

Today, I get to go to the doctor to meet with the nurse, sign consents, do labs, etc.  I am not feeling particularly anxious about the surgery today, other than I am anxious for Dr. D. to get in there and get those tumors OUT.  The sooner that happens, the sooner I can get busy recovering and get back on my feet and back to whatever chemo is coming up next.  And I know there is chemo in my future.  Probably for the rest of my life.  Oh well.  I'm really pretty good at chemo having had lots of practice in the last couple years.  And having a little surgery once in a awhile to clean things up and then doing chemo certainly beats the alternative dirt nap.  That is just so NOT on my schedule.  So I will persevere with the help of all of you and God. 

In my head today, is Josh Turner's tune, "Me and God".

http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=5hxxdejzm2ug3hevz7p1mut&z=cmt&r=20.asx

Smoochies to all.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: April 15, 2008, 11:18:27 AM »

Janet, you never cease to amaze me.  I found your story of survival to be very inspirational. 

pdh3, still praying for improvement in your situation, whatever it is, whatever you need. 

Today, I get to go to the doctor to meet with the nurse, sign consents, do labs, etc.  I am not feeling particularly anxious about the surgery today, other than I am anxious for Dr. D. to get in there and get those tumors OUT.  The sooner that happens, the sooner I can get busy recovering and get back on my feet and back to whatever chemo is coming up next.  And I know there is chemo in my future.  Probably for the rest of my life.  Oh well.  I'm really pretty good at chemo having had lots of practice in the last couple years.  And having a little surgery once in a awhile to clean things up and then doing chemo certainly beats the alternative dirt nap.  That is just so NOT on my schedule.  So I will persevere with the help of all of you and God. 

In my head today, is Josh Turner's tune, "Me and God".

http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=5hxxdejzm2ug3hevz7p1mut&z=cmt&r=20.asx

Smoochies to all.

Today!!!

Peaches ... I thought surgery was on Thursday.

I hope you do not mind.  At our church ...the ladies have a prayer chain.  When there is a prayer request ... one lady phones another and ... the last lady phoned ... contacts another church and ... the chain continues.  The prayers are ongoing as ... the chain never ends.

Yesterday ... I requested prayers that would uphold my friend "Peaches" and her family.

Hugs

Janet

++++++++++

It is Well with my Soul

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Refrain:
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

Horatio G. Spafford

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: April 15, 2008, 11:38:34 AM »

Peaches ... I get it!  I misunderstood the "today" part of your post.  I have yet to consume my first cuppa coffee and ... the cobwebs clouded my thinking.

Janet

_____

terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: April 15, 2008, 04:42:01 PM »

Peaches,

I don't get too much time to visit but when I do I look for you and I was surprised that your having to visit the doctor again.. You are always on my mind as a lot of you on this site have been..  Take care and I just know everything is ok..

Terry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.