April 27, 2024, 12:05:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 444018 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #460 on: April 28, 2008, 07:20:12 PM »

Peaches,

You are really an inspiration. I can hear it in your posts, how well you are doing.
Vitamin e on the scar is suppose to heal the scar. But in your case, I have a feeling you'll wear that scar proudly.
Take it easy though. Healing takes time.

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #461 on: April 28, 2008, 10:29:31 PM »

Peaches, I know those staples are big and creepy looking, but they aren't as foreboding as they look. When it's time for them to come out, it's easy as pie and there's no pain.  Just know that we love you and are standing by you, sweetie!! 

Bring Natalee home...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #462 on: April 29, 2008, 01:30:03 AM »

Waving to you Peaches, and thinking about you! I know what you mean about the staples! I had them after my hysterectomy: fairly long incision because they took uterus, both ovaries, and cervix. They look and feel creepy, but Mishy is right. No pain when they're removed. I bet you have a lot of bruising too around them, but that fades and the scar from staples is minimal.

Rest well, and heal fast! You're in my prayers as a permanent fixture, and my thoughts everyday!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: April 29, 2008, 10:18:04 AM »

I had those nasty staples too. They use a staple remover to take them off, LOL 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #464 on: April 29, 2008, 10:22:13 AM »

Hmmmmmmm, a quick check of my Palm readings indicates the same thing, Klaas. Friday's going to be a special day for Peaches!   

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #465 on: April 29, 2008, 10:04:35 PM »

God Bless Peaches... just checking in....
I don't always write you but I do check in and say lots of prayers....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #466 on: May 02, 2008, 06:28:25 AM »

Good Morning Peaches
I hope those staples are out soon, they are an annoyance for sure. It is spring and I'm finally home for more than a weekend and once our new fence is up, I am going to plant a cherry tree for my days in GA. When I saw some in our development in bloom a few weeks ago, I thought of you. It's not peach trees but the pink yoshino blossoms just remind me of you !!

Pretty in pink, right ! 

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: May 02, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »

Hello Peaches!

Thinking of you, and admiring your resolve! I agree with you about the staples....they are kinda creepy when you think about it. I had the same reaction when I had surgery. But I'd take them over stitches any day when it comes time to remove them!

I am now inspired to plant something in your honor. I don't know what I'll plant just yet, but it'll be something beautiful and enduring, like you. Maybe a flowering tree, like a Magnolia, or a camellia bush.

God is good everyday, and I thank you for reminding me of that fact. Go live your life Peaches. You have earned every beautiful minute of every beautiful day.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #468 on: May 02, 2008, 09:03:40 PM »

I had the nicest surprise today.   A great big box arrived from parts unknown.  In the great big box was a great big basket with all kinds of treats, some flying monkeys, some soft cuddly monkeys along with some wonderful bath items too numerous to list here.  As soon as I'm cleared for it, I"m in for a long relaxing soak. 

Thank you to all who made it happen.  I am so happy to know each and every one of you and to be able to share what is not always a real nice story about me and my cancer.  What a lovely group of folks you are!  My daughter just shook her head.  DH chuckled.  It's really so special to me, y'all have no idea.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.  You all continue to bless me every day in so many ways.  Smoochies to all. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #469 on: May 03, 2008, 12:23:21 AM »

Klaas said you could use the slingshots to shoot off your 2nd story deck! 

You'll have to let us know what an Annie Oakley you are, Peaches! 
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #470 on: May 03, 2008, 02:17:07 PM »

I had the nicest surprise today.   A great big box arrived from parts unknown.  In the great big box was a great big basket with all kinds of treats, some flying monkeys, some soft cuddly monkeys along with some wonderful bath items too numerous to list here.  As soon as I'm cleared for it, I"m in for a long relaxing soak. 

Thank you to all who made it happen.  I am so happy to know each and every one of you and to be able to share what is not always a real nice story about me and my cancer.  What a lovely group of folks you are!  My daughter just shook her head.  DH chuckled.  It's really so special to me, y'all have no idea.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.  You all continue to bless me every day in so many ways.  Smoochies to all. 

Klaas did a great job  We have such a great group of people here and I am proud to be a part of it. I believe in miracles Peaches and I believe in you!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 06:32:41 AM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #471 on: May 04, 2008, 05:06:18 AM »

Hi Peaches - I made two batches of soup this weekend for you and klaas, who is under the weather these days.

Chicken soup:

Gazpacho (for Cinco de Mayo)

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: May 05, 2008, 08:30:17 PM »

Peaches hope you got to have at least a good cold beer to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!!
Love ya my partner in crime & call me when you feel like talking. I still have us some fresh windmill cookies!!

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: May 05, 2008, 11:31:33 PM »

I stand with the fruit!!!

I hope you feel better and stronger each day.  God bless you!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #474 on: May 06, 2008, 10:46:17 AM »

Peaches hope you got to have at least a good cold beer to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!!
Love ya my partner in crime & call me when you feel like talking. I still have us some fresh windmill cookies!!

YAPPERZ!!!!   I did sit on the deck on Sunday afternoon and have a couple beers with my BFF.  Her DH is building an extension on my deck.  He's doing it because he is gruesomely under-employed and because he CAN do the work and he does a darn good job.  He also installed all my hardwood floors and tiled a bathroom for me.  And the Fishbowl (AKA the sunroom I built last summer.  I never liked my kitchen so when my deck built by the goof we bought this house from started to rack and twist, we tore off the deck (and yes I helped), tore out the wall and added some more space to the kitchen and THEN hung the deck off of that.

This year's brainstorm was a Juliet balcony off my bedroom (second story).  I wanted to be able to go outside and sit in the sun and see the birds and the sky and I didn't know how long I would be home recovering from this recent surgery.  So I had a deck built, removed a window and replaced it with a French door (and a screen door.... it's still the South).  It's like my own personal prayer porch.  (Alright, it's not really a balcony.  It's about 8 x 21.)  I can go out there anytime I want since it is but steps from my bed and sit in the sun and think about just how wonderful I have it.  Makes a great place to contemplate.

I forgot where this was going.  Oh well.  I'm doing pretty well. I feel pretty goood.  My doctor hasn't said I could go back to work yet but then he hasn't made any big bank deposits for me either so since I am sitting out getting well on my own freaking dime having long since used up any vacation long ago with other various surgeries and side effects from the wonders of cancer, I believe I am going to go back to work pretty darn soon.  I have my first IP chemo next Monday, the 12th, so I will be out that day anyway.  If IP chemo doesn't knock me down too bad, I'm going to the office next week.  I can feel like crap anywhere.  At least if I go to the office, I can feel like crap in my own little cubicle and get paid for it.  I've done it before. 

I guess I could have waited till June to have the surgery (because then I would have vacation days again) but when the subject of several new tumors first arose, I was told I should have the surgery done pretty soon.  The surgeon even said "well you can't wait till the 4th of July!".  I told him I already had plans for the week of the 4th of July that didn't involve either him or St. Joseph's (wonderful as they may be).  So it's my own fault.  I wanted to get it over and done with and not eff up my summer.  It's all going to work out.  I know it.  My doctor may not be too pleased but I can live with that.  Bottom line is I have to get back to work.  I'm bored.  I don't feel that bad.  And I hate wasting time at home when I can't lift anything heavier than 10# and get anything done.  I might as well be at the office, getting paid, getting some work done and if I feel like crap, it won't be the first time. 

Cancer is not for wimps.  Getting older is not for wimps (not that I'm getting older).  Cancer is not convenient.  It aggravates the hell out of me, not that I got cancer but that I got the nastiest kind of ovarian cancer out there.... the recurrent kind.  It means I may always be on some kind of chemo.  I will always be logging time with my GYN-ONC and there could be more surgery in my future (no time soon folks).   I just want to be here.

And speaking of being around, please check out Punk Rock Mommy's blog.  I found it by accident.  She is a young mother of six with Inflammatory Breast Cancer.  It doesn't get nastier than that.  I'm betting she could use our collective prayers.....

http://punkrockmommy.org/blog/

Thanks for following along........  I love you all.

Expect a miracle.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: May 06, 2008, 11:37:56 AM »

You and Klaas both resire in construction sites which you call home.

Peaches ... thank you for sharing.  You are right ... cancer is so unpredictible.  This is why it is so important to do what you can and ... leave the rest up to our Heavenly Father.  Enjoy each day to its fullest.  At the best of times ... our days are numbered.  Our life stories were written long ago ... I only wish we could peek at the last chapter.  Then again ... maybe it is a good thing we are not pivy.

Hey ... I know what you mean about getting back to work.

Following my surgery ... it was so important that I get back to "normal".  I actually returned to work "three months" before the date that my surgeon had indicated on the forms and ... I was receiving a full paycheck.  I had great benefits!  I talked it over with my surgeon and ... his response was ... "You know how you feel."  As skilled as this wonderful guy is in his profession ... he definitely is no "Dr. Welby".

Anyways ... the company doc had concerns and ... suggested I come back part time ... MWF and ... see how it went.  I was thankful I followed his advise because Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for about 2 months ... I was wiped.

Peaches ... at home you can feel that you are fine because ... you allow yourself to rest throughout the day.  At work there is no couch with you favorite pillow and blankee.  There is no soft background music on your way to Lala land.

Maybe give part-time a try to begin with.

Hey ... what is BFF?

Peaches ... I am going to steal a bouquet of flowers from you and ... give them to Klaas.

I have no clue how to save and copy images and ... I have no interested in learning.

Have a good day friend.

Hugs

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #476 on: May 06, 2008, 12:25:39 PM »

Peaches
Staples come out fairly painlessly.

Take it easy and remember You are my hero! 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #477 on: May 06, 2008, 12:38:53 PM »

YAPPERZ!!!!   I did sit on the deck on Sunday afternoon and have a couple beers with my BFF.  Her DH is building an extension on my deck.  He's doing it because he is gruesomely under-employed and because he CAN do the work and he does a darn good job.  He also installed all my hardwood floors and tiled a bathroom for me.  And the Fishbowl (AKA the sunroom I built last summer.  I never liked my kitchen so when my deck built by the goof we bought this house from started to rack and twist, we tore off the deck (and yes I helped), tore out the wall and added some more space to the kitchen and THEN hung the deck off of that.

This year's brainstorm was a Juliet balcony off my bedroom (second story).  I wanted to be able to go outside and sit in the sun and see the birds and the sky and I didn't know how long I would be home recovering from this recent surgery.  So I had a deck built, removed a window and replaced it with a French door (and a screen door.... it's still the South).  It's like my own personal prayer porch.  (Alright, it's not really a balcony.  It's about 8 x 21.)  I can go out there anytime I want since it is but steps from my bed and sit in the sun and think about just how wonderful I have it.  Makes a great place to contemplate.

I forgot where this was going.  Oh well.  I'm doing pretty well. I feel pretty goood.  My doctor hasn't said I could go back to work yet but then he hasn't made any big bank deposits for me either so since I am sitting out getting well on my own freaking dime having long since used up any vacation long ago with other various surgeries and side effects from the wonders of cancer, I believe I am going to go back to work pretty darn soon.  I have my first IP chemo next Monday, the 12th, so I will be out that day anyway.  If IP chemo doesn't knock me down too bad, I'm going to the office next week.  I can feel like crap anywhere.  At least if I go to the office, I can feel like crap in my own little cubicle and get paid for it.  I've done it before. 

I guess I could have waited till June to have the surgery (because then I would have vacation days again) but when the subject of several new tumors first arose, I was told I should have the surgery done pretty soon.  The surgeon even said "well you can't wait till the 4th of July!".  I told him I already had plans for the week of the 4th of July that didn't involve either him or St. Joseph's (wonderful as they may be).  So it's my own fault.  I wanted to get it over and done with and not eff up my summer.  It's all going to work out.  I know it.  My doctor may not be too pleased but I can live with that.  Bottom line is I have to get back to work.  I'm bored.  I don't feel that bad.  And I hate wasting time at home when I can't lift anything heavier than 10# and get anything done.  I might as well be at the office, getting paid, getting some work done and if I feel like crap, it won't be the first time. 

Cancer is not for wimps.  Getting older is not for wimps (not that I'm getting older).  Cancer is not convenient.  It aggravates the hell out of me, not that I got cancer but that I got the nastiest kind of ovarian cancer out there.... the recurrent kind.  It means I may always be on some kind of chemo.  I will always be logging time with my GYN-ONC and there could be more surgery in my future (no time soon folks).   I just want to be here.

And speaking of being around, please check out Punk Rock Mommy's blog.  I found it by accident.  She is a young mother of six with Inflammatory Breast Cancer.  It doesn't get nastier than that.  I'm betting she could use our collective prayers.....

http://punkrockmommy.org/blog/

Thanks for following along........  I love you all.

Peaches,
I don't say much, but wanted you to know how much I admire your strength
and stamina and wit.  I keep you in my prayers.  Try to wait a little longer
about going back to work.  The body needs rest to heal.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #478 on: May 11, 2008, 04:48:44 PM »

Peaches love for life and the person she is just makes me have a huge smile every time I see her post..

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #479 on: May 14, 2008, 04:03:06 PM »

Peaches love for life and the person she is just makes me have a huge smile every time I see her post..

Why thank you, *******!  I always look forward to reading everyone's comments.  It really is encouraging.  Today is one of those days I definitely need some!  One of the things Dr. D. did for me in the hospital was to install an intraperitoneal port.  It's a port that is stitched to my ribcage and has a cather that is laying in my abdomen.  I figure it must be kinda like a soaker hose but what do I know?  Maybe the soaker hose idea just sounds efficient to me.  So on Monday, I had the first Intraperitoneal Chemo treatment with Cisplatin.  The nurse also uses my other port in my upper left chest to infuse saline, Aloxi, Decadron, and Emend (heavy duty nausea drug) and Ativan because I'm a bundle of nerves and whatever else the pharmacist has mixed up for me.  Ativan is a good deal.  It knocks me out so I sleep thru the whole thing.  Every 15 minutes, the nurse comes over and tells me to roll over so my insides get evenly basted with Cisplatin to kill any microscopic POS ovarian cancer cells.  WOOHOO.  The next two days, I take Emend at home.  We're talking one pill Tuesday and one on Wednesday and the RX co-pay was $60!  I've never had anything that was that much!  But it's pretty good stuff. 

The last two days have been tough.  I wanted to go back to work.  I need to get a freaking grip.  I've been cuddled up with that soft grey monkey from y'all and a heating pad and a bucket for the past two days.  And did I mention Cisplatin is toxic to your kidneys so you have to drink alot of fluid?  Just what I feel like doing when I already feel bloated from the approximately two liters that I got IP.  YEEHAW.  We are having fun now.  Seriously, I feel better today than I did yesterday and I thank God I have a great doctor and a patient boss and just the most wonderful friends right here who are praying and encouraging me every single day. 

From a cancer standpoint, I'm in a great place.  Thanks to Dr. D., I am no evidence of disease at this point.  I am doing a new kind of chemo that I haven't done before and is pretty heavy duty stuff.  But I can't give up.  I'm just not ready.  As bad as I feel some days, I never feel like I just can't do it anymore.  No sirree!  "Quitters never win and winners never quit"  Words to live by from my late great mother. 

God bless each and every one of you for caring about me.  Some of us have met and most of us have not yet you all have a special place in my heart.  Thank you.  Smoochies to all. 

Expect a miracle.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.