March 19, 2024, 03:59:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441886 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #480 on: May 15, 2008, 11:41:49 AM »

Peaches,

I sooooo admire your wonderful attitude. You are one of the strongest people I have ever met. I know that you have inspired and comforted so many through your own struggles, and we are all blessed to know you.

Hugs and smoochies.

I Stand With The Girl
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #481 on: May 15, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »

Remember we are all here rooting for you to feel better soon...you know we love you!!

You are my hero!  One tough lady with a heart of gold.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: May 18, 2008, 08:34:23 AM »

I just wanted you to know Peaches that I am still keeping you lifted up in my prayers always...Smile

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #483 on: May 20, 2008, 07:13:21 PM »

Dear Peaches,

I saw your post responding to me in Musings about how a nap had you up and posting at 3am.  I have a friend currently on Chemo for breast cancer, though not IP.  She's had one and has 3 to go....once a month cocktail starts with anti-nausea, and two other bags of other goodies I can't name, at the moment.  Seems she's having the best days of her month right now, just before her next treatment the end of the week.  All of this will be followed by radiation. 

I didn't realize you'd started the chemo....if you posted, it didn't compute.  Can't believe it's been a month since your surgery, already....I know you don't like to have your time wasted....Just know that I hope it kicks azz, gets the job done, your blood count cooperates, you stay healthy and you can get those things you've got planned done before long. 

Will stop the rambling (I can talk alot...DH used to tell me to come up for air once in awhile     )....just figured I'd let you know you are on my mind.... Hang tough!!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: May 23, 2008, 11:27:22 PM »

Thinking of you dear Peaches. My sister asks about you frequently, so just know that there are people that you've never even heard of praying for you all the time!!

Love you sistah 

Bring Natalee home...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #485 on: May 24, 2008, 12:41:26 AM »

Hey Peach! I'm keeping you in my prayers and in my heart! I'm thinking that the chemo is the James Bond of treatment. It's hunting down any of those bad cells and getting them wherever they may be hiding. They don't stand a chance!

My absolute best wishes and faith that you tolerate the chemo without too much discomfort, and please know that you are loved!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: May 24, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »

Good Morning Peaches

I hope you have a good day.

God bless.

Janet

++++++++++++

Isaiah 40:31
... they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: May 25, 2008, 05:26:04 AM »

Peaches, it is impossible not to love you.  You are such a gift.  I love 'unwrapping' your posts, they are always something to think about, and sometimes chuckle about, and sometimes fall on the floor laughing about.

You have so many gifts and I am so blessed to know you.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: May 25, 2008, 08:44:21 AM »

Just as we are blessed to know you too Bearly, you have a heart the size of Texas!

Peaches, I have to hit the road again soon for about six weeks but wanted you to know I'll be praying and thinking of you. It's hard for me to post when on the road with work demands, I fall into bed nightly hoping for 5 hours sleep, much less a full 8. But I will post when I can and wanted you to know you are never far from my heart or my thoughts. You'll tackle this next round just as you have all those that came before, your zest for life is a mighty sword !

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #489 on: May 25, 2008, 05:35:24 PM »

Peaches  - Fight on! We're still here with you!
 You are truly an amazing woman, and you inspire all of us. I have you in my prayers every day, and a really wonderful lady told me that "God is good all the time"!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: May 25, 2008, 07:51:29 PM »

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: May 26, 2008, 03:34:22 AM »

Kerm,
Don't worry about Piggy, Peaches can take her with both hands tied behind her back.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #492 on: May 28, 2008, 02:23:17 AM »

Kermit!  That is precious! 
None, take it easy out there on the road!  I know you're out there...I can just tell.

Well, what has been occupying my time?  Just getting better!  I have round two of chemo (Cisplatin IP for those playing along at home) coming up on June 2nd.  If they add Taxol IV, then I have to go Tuesday as well.  I have Wednesday and Thursday penciled as "stay home and feel like crap" but that is subject to change.  I'm going to insist on some bigger guns for the nausea and pain.  I have to get back to work.  I would like to get two rounds behind me before that happens but I don't know.  I just can't see going in for two days only to be gone for the next two.  Doesn't make sense to me.  I doubt HR sees it that way. 

I remember this chemo roller coaster.  About the time I start to feel good, it's time to go and do it all over again.  Such a deal.  Still beats the alternative dirt nap idea though.  I got an invitation to a Survivor's Day function at the hospital where I had my initial cancer surgery.  Interesting.  The entertainment is the chorus I sang with for many years.  I don't know if I will go or not.  It's downtown and it takes a lot to get me downtown.  Must be a small town girl thing but I just don't like downtown.  The idea of being a survivor is a good one. I like it.  So far, so good.  I just have to make it last.  It's strange though because I don't think of myself as having "survived" yet.  I'm still in the fighting mode.  I guess in order to still be in the fight, one has to be a survivor of sorts.   I'm just trying to "keep up the good work" and look fabulous. Most days I just wish I felt as good as I look.  My boss says if he didn't know me and just saw me out in public, he would never ever guess I had cancer.  And he's been watching this drama unfold since the get go so he's seen me look pretty bad.  Pisses me off sometimes that I don't "look" sick because I sure feel it some days. 

Thanks for your continued support and prayers.  Means the world to me that each and every one of you take time from your busy day to think about little ole me and wonder "how's Peaches today".  The answer is blessed.  To be here and have such lovely friends.  Love you all.     

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: May 28, 2008, 11:20:46 AM »

Thank you for sharing Peaches.

I will continue to uphold you and your family in my prayers as you continue you battle this relentless invader/ enemy called "cancer".

Peaches ... if you can make it the the "survivor's party" somehow ... I believe that you will find that you will be encouraged as well as ... be in a position to encourage others.  If you phone the coordinator of the "party" and relay your desire to attend ... maybe transportation can be arranged ... maybe a "survivor" resides near you..

Following my brain tumor surgery 18 years ago ... I was introduced to a support group whose members were survivors of the same type of tumor and ... I am still in touch with three out-of-town ladies through Christmas/ Birthday/ encouragment cards as well as periodic telephone conversations.  These ladies were and continue to be God-sends.  My family and friends were beside me every step of the journey to recovery but ... when all was said and done ... I was in a place that they had never been and ... a place I pray they will never be.

Hugs

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #494 on: June 01, 2008, 11:24:02 AM »

My daughter's favorite babysitter is now all grown up and working on her PhD. at Stanford in cancer biology.  This year she is running a Team in Training marathon to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  On her Team in Training website, she lists the people she is running in honor of.  Guess who's on the list?  Little ole me.  I am so touched.  So I am putting this link out there so that should the urge hit you, you too can support this wonderful girl and help fight cancer. 

http://www.active.com/donate/tntsvmb/KJameson

She is actually in San Diego and the half marathon is today but I'm sure the donation page still works should you so desire.  If you do, thanks, if you don't, thanks for checking out her page and thinking about it.  I am so proud of her for doing this race.  She is a wonderful role model for young women.  And her mother is one of my dear friends.  And her dad, a cancer survivor just like me. 

Have a great day folks.  It's a beautiful day for a Half Marathon to fight cancer.

Expect a miracle.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: June 01, 2008, 04:15:43 PM »

Kermit!  That is precious! 
None, take it easy out there on the road!  I know you're out there...I can just tell.

Well, what has been occupying my time?  Just getting better!  I have round two of chemo (Cisplatin IP for those playing along at home) coming up on June 2nd.  If they add Taxol IV, then I have to go Tuesday as well.  I have Wednesday and Thursday penciled as "stay home and feel like crap" but that is subject to change.  I'm going to insist on some bigger guns for the nausea and pain.  I have to get back to work.  I would like to get two rounds behind me before that happens but I don't know.  I just can't see going in for two days only to be gone for the next two.  Doesn't make sense to me.  I doubt HR sees it that way. 

I remember this chemo roller coaster.  About the time I start to feel good, it's time to go and do it all over again.  Such a deal.  Still beats the alternative dirt nap idea though.  I got an invitation to a Survivor's Day function at the hospital where I had my initial cancer surgery.  Interesting.  The entertainment is the chorus I sang with for many years.  I don't know if I will go or not.  It's downtown and it takes a lot to get me downtown.  Must be a small town girl thing but I just don't like downtown.  The idea of being a survivor is a good one. I like it.  So far, so good.  I just have to make it last.  It's strange though because I don't think of myself as having "survived" yet.  I'm still in the fighting mode.  I guess in order to still be in the fight, one has to be a survivor of sorts.   I'm just trying to "keep up the good work" and look fabulous. Most days I just wish I felt as good as I look.  My boss says if he didn't know me and just saw me out in public, he would never ever guess I had cancer.  And he's been watching this drama unfold since the get go so he's seen me look pretty bad.  Pisses me off sometimes that I don't "look" sick because I sure feel it some days. 

Thanks for your continued support and prayers.  Means the world to me that each and every one of you take time from your busy day to think about little ole me and wonder "how's Peaches today".  The answer is blessed.  To be here and have such lovely friends.  Love you all. 

Peaches you are in my thougths and my prayers....what a warrior you are!  You know already you are my hero but I will say it again!!  YOU ARE MY HERO and a blessing to know!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: June 01, 2008, 06:43:02 PM »

Peaches what an honor for you, we need marathons every week I think for cancer touches every family in some way or another. I am 'out there' and I often pray while up in the air on the plane knowing once I hit the ground the days and nights will be hectic.

Please take care of you and trust that your boss will handle whatever HR thinks of the time you need, let go of that and focus just on you and healing. HUGS and LOVE Peaches !!

I continue to stand with the girl.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #497 on: June 19, 2008, 12:06:31 PM »

Well, I am back to work and feeling pretty good most of the time.  IP chemo is pretty tough but it's the latest and greatest so they tell me.  I think I have round 3 coming up next week, the 23rd & 24th and then again on the 30th.  (I have a printed schedule, I just show up when it says to do so). 

I woke up with a huge headache this morning that I was able to fight off with the help of a couple Percodan. 

I think my hair is going to fall out again.  What fun.  What a nuisance.  On the one hand, I don't really care.  Been there, done that.  I just look so sickly without eyebrows and eyelashes.  I don't know when it's going to really get busy and fall out but from the handful I got this morning trying to get my hair to behave for work, I don't think it will be very long.  Back to the ballcap. 

Labs again today to make sure I have enough platelets to do chemo on Monday.  I only had 88 last Friday and I need 100.  I'm pretty sure I'll be okay but prayers for more platelets are always dandy.  Your continued prayers and support enable me to me keep on keeping on.  Thank you all.

Expect a miracle.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #498 on: June 19, 2008, 02:11:27 PM »

Got you covered with those prayers for platelets and all good things He may extend your way.  You are one amazing woman.  Yes, indeed.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: June 19, 2008, 03:01:09 PM »

Well, I am back to work and feeling pretty good most of the time.  IP chemo is pretty tough but it's the latest and greatest so they tell me.  I think I have round 3 coming up next week, the 23rd & 24th and then again on the 30th.  (I have a printed schedule, I just show up when it says to do so). 

I woke up with a huge headache this morning that I was able to fight off with the help of a couple Percodan. 

I think my hair is going to fall out again.  What fun.  What a nuisance.  On the one hand, I don't really care.  Been there, done that.  I just look so sickly without eyebrows and eyelashes.  I don't know when it's going to really get busy and fall out but from the handful I got this morning trying to get my hair to behave for work, I don't think it will be very long.  Back to the ballcap. 

Labs again today to make sure I have enough platelets to do chemo on Monday.  I only had 88 last Friday and I need 100.  I'm pretty sure I'll be okay but prayers for more platelets are always dandy.  Your continued prayers and support enable me to me keep on keeping on.  Thank you all.

Peaches,

When I met you in person, you were wearing that ballcap, and you look mahvelous in it, dahling. Seriously, your face is so pretty that it doesn't matter at all if you have hair or eyelashes or whatever. You are one of those people who are lucky enough to have beautiful features that don't need things like hair to accent them.

Hang in there, and lots of prayers are headed toward the heavens for you.

Smoochies

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.