April 26, 2024, 11:45:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 444014 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: June 20, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »

Peaches, I am praying for you that you will have dandy platelets.  I hope it feels good to be back to work.  This new chemo is kicking azz, I just know it is.

You are such a gift.  I always love to hear what you have to say on the forum.  Take care.  Love ya, dear. 

((Big smooch on your cheek.))

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #501 on: June 23, 2008, 10:43:02 PM »

Lots of love and prayers to you Peaches!  You are such an inspiration to all of us!  I love your posts....some very thought provoking....most leave me giggling.  It's an honor to know you through this forum, and I hope your treatments wipe out all the bad cells.  I'm sure if you lose your hair it will come back in time more beautiful than ever, and maybe even some longer lashes too!  Hang in there!

TM

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: June 24, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »

I LOVE Peaches 

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #503 on: June 24, 2008, 07:42:36 PM »

Peaches; you are my inspiration.  Every time I think I can't handle being sick any more, I think of you and the courage you have shown throughout your whole ordeal.  If I give you my address, do you think you could send me a small package of your "fighting spirit"?  You are amazing!

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #504 on: June 24, 2008, 09:24:40 PM »

I believe it was last Thusday when I noticed my hair was indeed falling out again thanks to Taxol.  It's job is to kill fast growing cells and hair follicles are on that list.  Oh well.  I was getting wild over it by that afternoon and phoned a guy at work who has a clippers.  Of course, our plan was to meet early before work and he would shave my head.  He shaves his own and moonlights as a barber so I'm thinking I'm safe.  Except that he had loaned his clippers to his BIL and now they need to go to the shop. 

By Saturday everytime I touched my hair it fell out by the handfuls.  It's not painful.  I do get a creepy feeling in my scalp right before it starts falling out.  THAT's weird.  So I had another bright idea!  Called my neighbor.  He has the appropriate hair cutting equipment since he is a pet groomer (and a dandy one I must say).  Sure he'd be glad to shave my head for me except he's in freaking South Carolina!  Fishing or some such other nonsense.  He's been my neighbor for years.  He rescues me constantly in so many ways.  And he didn't let me down.  He called his wife (home across the street from me) and told which tools and everything.  Well, she didn't want to use the doggie clippers on my head.  Isn't she sweet?  But she knew I was going postal so she called their buddy and our mutual old neighbor, Chris, who bless his heart has his own clippers!  Chris came over and shaved my head for me.  He did an outstanding job.  I dare say it was better than the last time I had it done at the barber shop.  Nice and even, paid attention to the cowlicks.  I mentioned to Chris that me DD needed a shave as well and so my neighbor went and got his and Chris gave him a haircut too!  DD agreed it was better than his last cut at the barber!

I tell this tale to demonstrate how very blessed I am.  Every day somebody does something to bless my life.  On Saturday, it happened to be Chris who said he was looking for a reason to quit cleaning his house anyway.  He came over and shaved my head and Dan's just because it was what we needed and it was something he could provide.  How wonderful is that? 

Today, I had my second day of the third round of chemo.  It was IP Cisplatin day.  Always painful.  Always a long day no matter what just because of the volume to be infused.  I felt really crappy driving over there and truth be told, I should not have been driving myself.  I was having chills and felt really bad overall.  I made it safely, thank God, got signed in and in my lounger to wait for my nurse.  I was still chilly so I was curled up in my chair with the two blankets I could reach.  Evidently, I looked like I was still chilly.  A lady across the room who was there keeping her friend company came over and brought me another blanket and tucked me in better.  It was so sweet. 

My nurse could tell I was feeling bad because I am usually more fun. I try to make my nurses laugh because I figure their job must be sad enough sometimes, taking such good care of all of us not knowing who will make it in the long run.  She gave my Ativan IV first instead of orally.  Bonus.  She also heated my saline and the cisplatin which is nice when you consider that's a lot of liquid being pumped into the peritoneum and left there.  Warm is always better.

As I was leaving, a pretty lady who's hair was still really short, but cute as could be, stopped me to talk.  She could tell I was having a sad day.  I sat down and talked to her for a little bit.  She reached out and took my hand and held my hand while we talked.  She's from Chattanooga so we talked about what else!  The meatloaf at Big River Brewing!  It was an encouraging conversation that she knew I needed to have.  Another unexpected blessing for the day!

My point my friends is God brings these people into my life just when I need them, just as He has brought all of you to me.  Every day, I come here and read the uplifting comments.  Sometimes I smile.  Sometimes I cry.  I always thank God for all of you.  You bless my life every day. 

My challenge to all of you is to take your concern and your love and support for me and act locally.  I know many of you probably do it anyway every day just naturally.  It can be easy to bless someone.  Smile at a stranger, compliment an office mate on something, do something nice for someone else for no reason at all.  You never know when your smile or your compliment will be the answer to someone's prayer. 

Thank you all once again for your continued prayers and support.  It means the world to me in my journey.  I am blessed to be able to share my story with you all.  Thank.  Love you all.  Smoochies.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #505 on: June 24, 2008, 10:08:27 PM »

Peaches it is not you who is blessed by these people entering your life,but it is them who is blessed by you entering theres. I am a good judge of character and if you look anything like the person I have come to know,then you are amongst the the top super models in the world,with or without the hair.    Keep up the good fight young lady,your posts really inspire this ******* and you reminded me just how special some people are in this world.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: June 26, 2008, 05:33:26 AM »

Peaches, you are truly the answer to many prayers.  I will think of you each time I give a\that smile or make that gesture (no, not THAT gesture, okay, THAT gesture, too).

I enjoy reading your updates.  Even on your sickest days, you are an inspiration to all around you.

When is the next haircutting bash?  You may want to make it a monthly event along with punch and cookies.  You may have started a trend.  Next thing you know "Peach Fuzz and Buzz" days will be sweeping the nation.

Stay strong, I will be praying for you!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #507 on: June 26, 2008, 10:17:34 AM »

Hey Peaches! I'm so sorry that you're going through the side effects of chemo again. I know this sounds nuts, but I've always been rather encouraged when someone recieving chemo looses their hair. It's proof positive that those rapidly reproducing cells are being taken care of by the drugs and you know it even before the tests show it!

I've seen and read so much about the incredible promising results of stem cell treatments for cancer, I was curious as to whether that was anything your physician has explored in your case? Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you are in my heart and prayers and that you are such a shining light to all us monkeys. Hang in there Peaches, you've been around this block before and please try to remember that after the treatments are over, you'll feel like yourself again.

I love you, Peaches! God loves you, Peaches! He's right beside you and He's keeping us all holding hands around you!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: June 27, 2008, 12:51:16 AM »

Peaches, you are truly the answer to many prayers.  I will think of you each time I give a\that smile or make that gesture (no, not THAT gesture, okay, THAT gesture, too).

I enjoy reading your updates.  Even on your sickest days, you are an inspiration to all around you.

When is the next haircutting bash?  You may want to make it a monthly event along with punch and cookies.  You may have started a trend.  Next thing you know "Peach Fuzz and Buzz" days will be sweeping the nation.

Stay strong, I will be praying for you!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: June 29, 2008, 01:44:13 AM »

Peaches

We are blessed in so many ways.  Just imagine ...

Janet

++++++++++++++

This Following is an exact copy as written and found in an old book,
spelling errors and all.

WASHING CLOTHES

Build fire in backyard to heat kettle of rain water
Set tubs so smoke wont blow in eyes if wind is pert
Shave one hole cake of lie soap in boilin water

Sort thangs, make 3 piles
1 pile white
1 pile colored
1 pile work britches and rags

To make starch, stir flaur in cool water to smooth,
then thin down with boilin water.

Take white things,
rub dirty spots on board, scrub hard, and borl,
then rub colored don't borl just wrench and starch.

Take things out of kittle with broom stik handle,
then wrench, and starch.

Hang ole rags on fence.
Spread tee towels on grass.
Pore wrench water in flower bed.
Scrub poorch with hot soapy water.
Turn tubs upside down.

Go put on clean dress,
smooth hair with hair combs
Brew cup of tee,
sit and rock a spell and count your blessings

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: June 29, 2008, 11:43:22 AM »

Peaches, I'm always amazed when I come here and read what you have to say. You are a true blessing in my life. Thank you for giving me the encouragement in my life when times get tough...Things will turn out OK, won't they? You are one miraculous woman, and I'm proud to know you sweetie!!

Bring Natalee home...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #511 on: June 30, 2008, 09:59:32 PM »

MIRACLES ARE DROPPING FROM HEAVEN,

BLOWING YOUR WAY

AND BEING LIFTED UP,

JUST FOR YOU, PEACHES!!!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #512 on: July 01, 2008, 08:13:14 AM »

Peaches-

What a wonderful post, that comes as no surprise for you are such a deep and wide and rich person with a glorious soul. I can remember sitting in the waiting room at Rick's oncologist or in the chemo room, or at Duke waiting/praying to be admitted to clinical trials. I used to look around the room and know in my heart, that every person there had a personal story that mattered, was loved and cherished also or hoped that they were.

It is those little kindnesses that make such a difference. I try to remember that and traveling so often, I try to remember even helping someone else on or off the hertz bus at the airport can impact their day - but somedays I fail to make the time or I'm feeling tired or sorry for myself.

So thank you for that reminder. Did you know that when Rick's hair fell out I did the crummiest job of shaving it off? Darling daughter cleaned it up, I can still remember her on the screened porch with the clippers laughing with Rick about what a crummy job I did. 

I so hope others always gravitate to you as it appears they do now, to provide a pat or a word of encouragement, or even a head shave. May God bless you always.

I continue to stand with the girl.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #513 on: July 06, 2008, 12:26:15 PM »

Thinking of you, Peaches. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
crazybabyborg
« Reply #514 on: July 09, 2008, 12:33:40 AM »

I'm just checking in for a report, Peaches! You've been on my mind, and always in my heart and prayers.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #515 on: July 09, 2008, 04:14:53 AM »

So much for "dancing with NED".  Because I was complaining of pain in my side, I had a CT on the 26th.  (I had IP chemo the day before).  Apparently, my cancer was unimpressed by the intraperitoneal chemotherapy.  So if it doesn't work, we move on to something else.  Of course, now I have this IP port which I am not going to be using so I have to have it removed.  (Removal is a good thing....it's annoying as hell). 

So now I am moving on to another drug, Topotecan.  It's used for several different cancers so perhaps it will have some luck with mine.  This is why they call it "chronic".  I have "new disease burden" in various places, well, more like some of the same old places.  Only one mass was measured in CM and the rest of it was all in MM.  The aim of the new drug is to get rid of the new cancer.  Cancer is every changing.  Some drugs work for awhile and then they don't.  What gets you to remission once may not get you there twice.  Happened to me. 

This is really more mentally challenging than anything else.  It's discouraging to almost never get a CT with any good news on it.  Of course the news could always have been worse every time but it hasn't.  My plan here is to play along.  My nurse said they are not out of ideas or drugs or giving up on me.  Lately I have been feeling particularly crappy but that's because of this goofy pain in my side.  Chronic pain pisses me off. 

I have to wait and pray.  God is bigger than my problems.  He already knows how the story ends.  I am the apple of God's eye!  He wants nothing but the best for me.  Why should I worrry?  Isn't worrying just praying for what you don't want?  (The girl who wrote  "Crazy, Sexy Cancer" said that, not me, on Oprah.)  My doctor has many patients who are "chronic", I'm certainly not the only one.  I am one of the best looking ones though I must say.  (JK.. some people are just easy to fool).

Back to the shaved head look.  Great for summer.  Freaks people out.  Oh well.  So that's how I am.  Waiting to start a new chemo next Monday.  Expecting the usual side effects.  Staying the course.  Thank you all for your prayers and support.  As you can see, I need them now as much as ever.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #516 on: July 09, 2008, 09:41:45 PM »

Continued prayers for the strength your body needs as you stay the course.

Rays of sunshine sent your way to help keep your mind and spirit focused and uplifted.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #517 on: July 09, 2008, 10:44:09 PM »

You have had more roadblocks, twists and turns than anyone I have met and still plug along.  God Bless You and keep you on course....Yes, you have things you want to do....you've made that clear and I'm in your corner. 

Hang tough, Peaches. (understatement for you... )

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #518 on: July 10, 2008, 08:08:45 AM »

Peaches…You continue to amaze with your Strength, Courage, Attitude and Faith. Thank You for sharing your journey with us. Continued prayers and God Bless You, Peaches.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #519 on: July 10, 2008, 05:51:57 PM »

Hello peaches!  I am sorry to hear that the IP didn't go as well as expected. I love the fact that your medical team stays encouraged and moves on to the next treatment. I am praying that the Topotecan will give you great results~!! I agree also with everyone here, you are a great lady with  enormous strength and unrelenting Faith, I so admire you!! Hang tough !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.