March 19, 2024, 04:28:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441889 times)
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #540 on: July 30, 2008, 03:38:13 AM »

I would like to add to Peaches' bouquet. Love you Peaches!!!!

Peaches… Can’t bring you a rose, so I borrowed this beautiful one from BT. Hope it brightens your day. Praying for your miracle that is coming. God Bless You Peaches.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #541 on: July 30, 2008, 12:21:57 PM »

I don't typically even turn on my TV while working, for some reason today I did, I guess I was looking for a distraction. In any event the View came on, Katie Couric was a guest and she was there to discuss the epidemic of cancer in our country. The statistics are shocking, even to me post Rick's experience, 1 in 2 of all men will have cancer in their lifetime - 1 in 3 of all women. This is a frightening statistic for it exceeds heart disease now?

In any event, a new PSA was aired that brought tears to my eyes, a new movement branded Stand up 2 Cancer with it's own website. www.standup2cancer.org

Peaches, did you know Katie lost not only her husband to colon cancer but also her sister to pancreatic cancer? I knew of her husband but not her sister.

In any event, monkeys please visit the website, the PSA is there as well on the front page. You can join a group to fundraise for cancer, or lead a group, or make donations or create stars for those who have suffered cancer.

That PSA reminds me of our Peaches, how she's stood up to cancer and refused to be defeated by it. Peaches, you have a whole nation behind you now, keep going and keep fighting. I plan to lead a group to fundraise, I know Rick would want that too. He wore his live strong bracelet every day of his life post his diagnosis, daughter still wears hers and on days I feel up to the emotions of it, I wear mine.

So in honor of Peache's battle, visit this site and look for ways to be part of the movement to support her please.

God bless you Peaches, my prayers are with you.

I continue to stand with the girl.
kkate
Scared Monkey

« Reply #542 on: July 31, 2008, 09:09:50 AM »

Bless you Peaches. I am praying for you & your miracle.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:25:41 AM by klaasend » Logged

The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.........Helen Keller
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: August 02, 2008, 01:02:33 AM »

Still keeping you in my prayers Peaches.  Sometimes when I pray I say "Peaches" and sometimes I say your real name.(which I love by the way.  Had our son been a daughter he would have your name)

He knows who I'm talking about.  I know he hears me, and I know he loves you.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #544 on: August 02, 2008, 07:21:18 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #545 on: August 05, 2008, 06:48:21 PM »

Peaches, straight from my garden to you. Love Ya my partner in crime. Hang in there.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: August 07, 2008, 11:17:39 AM »

Thinking of you Peaches, much love and prayers to you as always.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: August 12, 2008, 12:08:22 PM »

I was searching the internet for something entirely different and ran accross this rose. I immediately thought of Peaches. 

We haven't heard from you in a while Peaches, hope you know how much we are in awe of you!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #548 on: August 14, 2008, 01:13:11 AM »

Peaches, if you keep getting roses, we're going to have to find you a vase! 

Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Stop by and give us an update when you can. We love you and are anxious to hear from you!

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #549 on: August 14, 2008, 08:51:19 AM »

I'm doing so much better than my cable connection is!  My ISP has had my phone line and cable line up and down for the last couple weeks.  It's wearing me out.  Now they have to run a new line from the street to the house.

That's where I've been.  I'm okay.  Next chemo is scheduled for Aug. 25, 26 & 27th.  I'll probably keep doing this one until around October and then get another CT scan. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: August 14, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »

I'm doing so much better than my cable connection is!  My ISP has had my phone line and cable line up and down for the last couple weeks.  It's wearing me out.  Now they have to run a new line from the street to the house.

That's where I've been.  I'm okay.  Next chemo is scheduled for Aug. 25, 26 & 27th.  I'll probably keep doing this one until around October and then get another CT scan. 

Peaches! I'm soooooo glad to hear that you're doing well!!

It's great to hear from you, and I hope they get your cable connection straightened out soon.

Smooch, smooch, smooch

I Stand With The Girl
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #551 on: August 14, 2008, 11:54:17 AM »

It's a good thing you checked in Peaches.  I was preparing the bat signal just for you.  We monkeys have been known to call the local authorities and ask them to check on people.  I can see it now..."Monkeys raid home looking for Peaches!"

Hey did I mention?     YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!   
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #552 on: August 14, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »

Peaches...Great to see you... Hope your internet company employees speak a little more English than mine do.

You are always in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: August 14, 2008, 12:03:19 PM »

I hate it when the cable company has problems!!  I'm their worst nightmare when it happens, I call every hour it seems, lol.   

Glad to see you are feisty as ever!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #554 on: August 15, 2008, 01:26:03 AM »

There you are, Peaches! 

Glad to hear the problem was only with the cable company! Next time, just post their phone number: we'll monkey ambush them! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #555 on: August 16, 2008, 07:32:55 PM »

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you Peaches!  I'd already copied the link to this flower before I came here and was surprised to see the others posted recently; I think we all are choosing the same colors for you! 

Hope your cable gets fixed soon, I know how frustrating that can be!

Hugs,
TM

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: August 18, 2008, 05:29:57 AM »

Peaches in the morning, Peaches in the evening, Peaches in the afternoon.....

Just thought I would send a little music to listen to while you are admiring your flowers.

Blessings on you.  Love you!

Just sent my cable guy out to keep you company while yours is being fixed.  Would you please buy him a shirt that fits?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: August 20, 2008, 12:15:46 AM »

We love you Peaches!!  Glad you're doing better.

Bearly..........oh.....my........just reminded me of sumpin.  Hubby has been wanting a Bowflex.........I said "baby if you can look like the Bowflex man again like you useta did we'll get one of those bad boys today".  lol  OMG......think I'm gonna order one right now.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: August 22, 2008, 02:13:14 AM »

Peaches, came to check in on you and was glad to see your post. If I knew how to post a pretty rose for you, I would!

I hope the chemo you are having soon is not too hard on you. Will be thinking and praying for you.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #559 on: August 22, 2008, 07:37:59 AM »

Well, another bizarre week.  Because my blood counts were really low last week, they wanted me to come in for some shots to boost the white blood cells and red blood cells.  When I came in on Sunday morning to get my shot, the tech mentioned I should probably call my team and get admitted.  She was right.  So I was admitted Sunday morning for intractable pain and my blood pressure was way too high and I was dehydrated so there ya go.  Yap, I would have called you but I got a new phone and haven't finished rebuilding my address book. 

It was also determined that one of the reasons I was in so much pain is because I had a nasty pocket of fluid sitting on the lower right area of my abdomen.  Nice.  Just last Wednesday, my nurse and I were discussing paracentesis.  So I had that done either Monday or Tuesday.  No biggie.  Very weird to watch on the ultrasound machine.  I'm the star of the show, dontcha know!  Turn that screen around here!  I wanna see!!  So they showed me the fluid and pointed out various sights and shapes and shadows for me.  The nice nurse managed to draw off nearly 2 liters of fluid.  I saw my belly go flat in about 15 minutes.  Felt a little lighter too!

Yesterday, I managed to get myself busted loose in the afternoon.  Now that we have a new pain management routine, it will be interesting so see if I can just get this managed so I can go to work, go home and feel like crap every single day of the week.

Of course, I am sitting here on this lovely August day thanking God for another day on the daisy side of the dirt and that my miracle is coming. 

More later.  Gotta go empty the dishwasher and make coffee before the boss comes in.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.