March 18, 2024, 11:58:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441864 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #620 on: September 25, 2008, 10:24:54 PM »

Love you, Peaches...your message is noted....my BIL has good platelets, so my sis tells me...he gives them often....I am overdue...and will get on it, right away.

Make 'em laugh, and give 'em hell...

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: September 25, 2008, 10:42:03 PM »

Wishing you the best, Peaches.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: September 25, 2008, 11:41:20 PM »

Peaches ~ you are in my thoughts and prayers.  And I will be thinking of your tomorrow.  I'm not able to donate blood, but my DH and eldest son do.  I will ask them if they've donated lately.  Take care and hope all goes well.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #623 on: September 26, 2008, 05:18:39 PM »

Peaches

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!  YOU ARE MY HERO!!!  LOVE YA![/color]
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: September 26, 2008, 06:29:26 PM »

It's always something.  Yesterday after work, I went to get my 10 day labs done.  I felt pretty good.  I was giving the tech a hard time telling her "if she didn't make it snappy, I wouldn't get my $3 back in the parking deck."   The chemo nurses came over and said they really needed a laugh that afternoon.  Alrighty then!  I crack them up because I call 'em like I see 'em because political correctness has just always irritated  me.  I make them laugh.  I don't imagine it's a fun job sometimes. 

Anyway, I got up this morning to go to work and said to myself "Self, I think I am too tired to walk out the door and drive myself to work".  So I went back to bed until I was awakened by my chemo nurse telling me I has really low hemoglobin (7.3) and would need to come in for a type and crossmatch so I could get two units on Friday.  Nice.  Well, I do feel somewhat puny but nothing like earlier in the month when I had to had a transfusion.  So we caught it earlier this time and I'm getting a transfusion before I get any more anemic.  Oh and I had two shots on Wednesday!  A Neulasta for the white blood cells and a Procrit for the red.  Oops.  Still anemic. 

So think of me tomorrow.  I'll be spending the day in a beautiful infusion facility overlooking Atlanta getting blood.  For those of you who donate regularly, thank you!  Somebody like me needs that blood!  For those of you who haven't donated lately, well, come on!  This is the second time this month that I have needed a transfusion of two units each time.  Kids undergoing cancer treatments often need platelets.  As I recall, it's faster to donate platelets.  Think about donating.  Pray about donating.  And know that somebody like me is counting on you and your generosity.  I love you all.

Peaches

A large church in our community is holding a blood donor's clinic next week.  On Wednesday I will not be on the SM site posting my precious quotes.  My hubby and I will be  lying on a stretcher watching our precious life saving blood drip slowly into our respective bottle.  Then we will partake in a cookie and some juice.

Thank you for the shove ... I am embarrassed that I needed it the reminder.

Peaches ... I hope your energy level has improved and ... you are able to return to you normal routine.

God Bless

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #625 on: September 27, 2008, 01:03:53 PM »

Good morning!  Thanks to someone wonderful somewhere, I got my two units of blood yesterday.  I feel a little perkier today...key word is a little.

Thanks to all who make giving blood a regular part of their schedule.  You are unsung heroes to those of us who find ourselves in need of blood products.  I try to always remember that somewhere somebody had to lay around for a couple hours on their time so I could come in here and lay around for a couple hours and get something I can't do without. 

I'm looking forward to watching some NE football tonite along with whatever games I run across as I surf around.

Have a great day.  God is good all the time.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #626 on: September 27, 2008, 11:43:15 PM »

Peaches!  God Bless you!  I used to give blood regularly, but there were times I was unable to for slight anemia myself.   So I stopped trying for awhile.  But since it was only on several occasions,  you remind me, I need to check EVERY time and give EVERY time I can!   Not only for those who need it, but we also never know when we, ourselves might need it.   

Thank you for that reminder and I do hope it's your last time for that need.  But know, every time I give blood, I will be thinking of you!  And that will be a blessing for me as well,  knowing such a small and simple act on my part, can help SOMEBODY out there in such a big way!

God Bless YOU!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #627 on: September 28, 2008, 11:00:29 PM »

Peaches you amaze me, always. God bless your sweet and apolitcally correct self !

Laughter truly is the best medicine. My children's school has always had blood drives and most churches do as Tamikosmom stated - so everyone please remember to read all of the notices for I think you'll see lots of opportunities to help a friend with a donation.

I'll be praying to the skies for you Peaches, those weekly plane flights always make me feel closer to God and to Rick as well. I'd swear that sometimes I see him sitting next to me. We have angels you know........

I continue to stand with the girl.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #628 on: September 29, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »

Peaches,

Just wanted you to know that your in my thoughts and knowing that my thoughts are with you and I have no doubt that this is just a little bump in the road for you..  I come here to see how your doing and it makes my day when I see a post from you..  Take care and know that I'm peeping in on you..  Umm this weekend I went to Mount Dora for a weekend of bike riding, it was nice riding around the lake and that evening I went to a great place for some Rack of Lamb at the Goblin Market, perfect ending to a perfect day.. Great sunsets and you were on my mind, knowing what your going through and knowing you know like I said this is just a pebble in the road and you will get back up and I will give you a pinch, poke and a wink and have many more bike rides to come..

td
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: October 01, 2008, 01:03:48 PM »

Hi Peaches

Well ... today is the day.  In about an hour I will be heading to that two day Blood Donor Clinic that the Red Cross is holding in our community.  Once that needle is in place I will be OK.

Hubby has had a bout of the flu this past week.  Although he is feeling much better ... according to my nurse neighbour ... he will be disqualified as a donor.

Peaches ... keep the faith.  Cling to the promises of our God.

With Love

Janet

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

1 Chronicles 28:20
Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

Psalm 46:9
Be still, and know that I am God.

Mark 4:39
And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: October 01, 2008, 01:13:51 PM »

THE LIGHTHOUSE

There's a lighthouse on a hillside
That overlooks life's sea
When I'm tossed, it sends out
A light that I might see
And the light that shines in darkness now
Will safely lead me thru the night
If it wasn't for The Lighthouse
My ship would sail no more.

And I thank God for The Lighthouse
Well, I owe my life to Him
For Jesus is The Lighthouse
And from the rocks I've seen
He has shown a light all around me
That I might clearly see
If it wasn't for The Lighthouse
Tell me where would this ship be

Ev'rybody that lives about me
They said tear that lighthouse down
'Cause the big ships they don't sail this way anymore
There's no use of it standing 'round
Then my mind goes back to that stormy night
When just in time, I saw that light
Yes that light from that old lighthouse
That stands up there on the hill.

Recorded by: Sweet Presence

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: October 01, 2008, 01:17:37 PM »

John 8:12Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

John 14:6-9
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life

_____

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #632 on: October 01, 2008, 09:22:11 PM »

Peaches,

Just wanted you to know that your in my thoughts and knowing that my thoughts are with you and I have no doubt that this is just a little bump in the road for you..  I come here to see how your doing and it makes my day when I see a post from you..  Take care and know that I'm peeping in on you..  Umm this weekend I went to Mount Dora for a weekend of bike riding, it was nice riding around the lake and that evening I went to a great place for some Rack of Lamb at the Goblin Market, perfect ending to a perfect day.. Great sunsets and you were on my mind, knowing what your going through and knowing you know like I said this is just a pebble in the road and you will get back up and I will give you a pinch, poke and a wink and have many more bike rides to come..

td

Terry, thanks so much for peeping in!  I am overjoyed to hear you are doing so well.  You are a huge inspiration to anyone with a serious illness.  You just have to keep on keeping on! 

Thanks for popping in!  You're in my prayers for continued good health.  You've certainly earned it!  Love you, buddy!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #633 on: October 01, 2008, 10:54:19 PM »

Peaches,

td

Terry, thanks so much for peeping in!  I am overjoyed to hear you are doing so well.  You are a huge inspiration to anyone with a serious illness.  You just have to keep on keeping on! 

Thanks for popping in!  You're in my prayers for continued good health.  You've certainly earned it!  Love you, buddy!

Amen to that...IIRC....Mount Dora was mentioned in the Caylee thread...glad our TerryD had a good day there.....

Love & good health to both of you...XXXOOO

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
crazybabyborg
« Reply #634 on: October 08, 2008, 10:55:30 AM »

Stopping by to say that I'm thinking of you this morning, Peaches! Hope you will have a great day, and that you are feeling better! As always, you stay in my prayers. There's two butt's in this Peaches, and you're the one doing the kickin'!!

Love You, Peach! 
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #635 on: October 09, 2008, 12:57:32 PM »

I'm always thinking about you, and praying for you Peaches.
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: October 10, 2008, 10:04:15 PM »

Its Friday night and just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and know the end of these treatments really take their toll but you will recover from the treatments and the cancer won't..  I never felt the cancer until the end and I]m not sure it was the cancer but more the chemicals they put in me.. Just know that I do check to see how your doing and all my thoughts are with you..

Terry
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #637 on: October 14, 2008, 12:25:01 AM »

We love ya buddy.  Always thinking of you.
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #638 on: October 15, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

Peaches~
Been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. You are always in my thoughts & prayers. I'm still believing for your miracle and I know it's coming. Sending you lots of {{{HUGS}}}

Roos/Wanda

crazybabyborg
« Reply #639 on: October 16, 2008, 02:48:15 AM »

OK, you! You're keeping me up again! How are you Peaches? You're in my prayers and thoughts, and so I thought I'd just stop by and tell you so!

Hope you are gaining your strength back, and that the treatment is surpassing all expectations! Hang tough, Peaches! I love you, and God has you in His very capable hands.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.