March 19, 2024, 04:30:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441890 times)
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #860 on: December 30, 2008, 04:36:32 PM »

What a wonderful person Peaches was.  I am so glad to be able to read some of her very inspiring and touching words.

I am so sorry for those of you who are hurting over the loss of your friend.  You and all who loved her have my deepest sympathy.

As heartbreaking as it is for the loved ones here on earth, I always find comfort in the fact that I believe that it's Heaven's gain.  She's in a wonderful place and is no longer in pain. 

Hugs to all of you.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #861 on: December 30, 2008, 06:32:42 PM »

One last Runza just for Peaches. She loved these sandwiches! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #862 on: December 30, 2008, 06:38:35 PM »

Katysmom, I think Klaas plans to post the information in this thread but if you have her email address she can also send it to you that way. I understand you wanting to send a condolence message and I know her husband and daughter would appreciate any and all.

CBB, I read all of her posts as well late last night, I have to admit it was through laughter and tears both. Her signature line is so meaningful and to read it now, it says so much.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.

Perhaps the true miracle is knowing we can impact others as she did so many of us, with grace and gratitude and perseverance and laughter.

I know some here met Peaches in person such as BT and Yap and Sunfreak and I think Lala's as well. I think that was quite a treasured moment by all. The photo BT posted says so much about her spirit within her smile. Perhaps I should have called some of you prior to my post to break the news but I have to be honest, at that point I just could not speak through the tears.

I feel sure she will continue to bring her better angels to every fight and she remains proof to us all that angels are among us.

I continue to stand with the girl.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #863 on: December 30, 2008, 06:54:10 PM »

Oh gosh! Nut's post reminds me of how much Peaches loved the meat loaf at Big River Grille, and how we had planned to meet there when she felt better.

This is for you, Peaches:

Flame-Grilled Meat Loaf - A blend of Ground Beef and Italian Sausage
served over White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes with Brown Gravy and
Vegetables. 12.99

I Stand With The Girl
anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #864 on: December 30, 2008, 07:05:22 PM »

Peaches, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  It's time to rest now....

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: December 30, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »

Nut,  great memory on the Runzas... they reminded her of home and childhood.  That was one of the first things I thought of when I read the news last night.  I think I created an entire thread on Runzas just to make sure she got the recipe I promised her.  She said she made them a lot.  I hope it brought her some happiness. 

She loved the Huskers too.  I hope she can sit by my father and watch the bowl game from above.  Those two would be so much fun.  Same personalities.  They would have a riot.

I am still trying to deal with the reality... and it is hard.  It is good to see some old friends stopping by to offer their best.  Lots of memories over many years.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #866 on: December 30, 2008, 08:10:11 PM »

Here is a post she left for you on July 01, 2006, 01:18:34 PM in
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12.0 post#7
The runza casserole is now my new favorite dish.  My gosh!  It was so good.  There was an embarassingly small amount of leftovers.  My daughter loved it.  My hubby loved it.  I loved it!  I closed my eyes and I was home on the range again. 

Thanks Beans!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And this one>>
Peaches says to Frijole
Reply #179 on: August 17, 2006, 09:31:54 PM
Thanks so much, sweetie!  We have Runza casserole once a week in your honor! 
They're right...There is No Place Like Nebraska.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=239.msg36843#msg36843
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember?? So many memories.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: December 30, 2008, 08:38:45 PM »

I've been getting some messages from BFN:

From LindaK:

I just wanted to extend my condolences to you and your forum on the loss of Peaches.

May she rest in peace!

From Debbie:

I am so sorry to hear that Peaches lost her battle with cancer.  It broke my heart to read that this morning.

Having read at SM since the beginning I know that Peaches was a wonderful person... caring, loving and a fighter.

Please convey BFN's and my condolences to everyone and to her family.  Peaches and her family will be in my prayers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: December 30, 2008, 08:43:31 PM »

Sorry, I have been busy and should have posted this link earlier, I don't think dear Peaches husband Dan will mind if I post this. 

http://www.northsidechapel.com/

The service will be January 7th . Peaches real first name is Andrea and she is now listed on the website above.  There is a guestbook at the link above as well.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #869 on: December 30, 2008, 08:53:20 PM »

Here is a post she left for you on July 01, 2006, 01:18:34 PM in
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12.0 post#7
The runza casserole is now my new favorite dish.  My gosh!  It was so good.  There was an embarassingly small amount of leftovers.  My daughter loved it.  My hubby loved it.  I loved it!  I closed my eyes and I was home on the range again. 

Thanks Beans!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And this one>>
Peaches says to Frijole
Reply #179 on: August 17, 2006, 09:31:54 PM
Thanks so much, sweetie!  We have Runza casserole once a week in your honor! 
They're right...There is No Place Like Nebraska.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=239.msg36843#msg36843
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember?? So many memories.

Thanks so much for finding that Nut... small things mean a great deal sometimes.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #870 on: December 30, 2008, 09:02:49 PM »

God occassionally calls the very best angels home.... Rest well Peaches.  Although I haven't been here in a long time... it doesn't mean that I haven't thought and prayed for you daily...

words just don't suffice, but Rest Well... you have been a light in our lives

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
crazybabyborg
« Reply #871 on: December 30, 2008, 09:19:57 PM »

God occassionally calls the very best angels home.... Rest well Peaches.  Although I haven't been here in a long time... it doesn't mean that I haven't thought and prayed for you daily...

words just don't suffice, but Rest Well... you have been a light in our lives

Oh, Sistah! I need a hug! I'm betting you do too, and I have missed you so much!

I've been reading here all day, and it doesn't surprise me at all that friends we haven't seen in a while and missed, are brought back together by Peaches. She remains remarkable!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: December 30, 2008, 10:27:01 PM »

Peaches prayer card from the website:

http://www.northsidechapel.com/

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #873 on: December 30, 2008, 10:28:14 PM »

I need a hug too! I expected the miracle!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #874 on: December 30, 2008, 11:00:15 PM »

I need a hug too! I expected the miracle!

Come here, you..........

I know, Cubbee. The thing is, what I wanted was MY definition of a miracle. There's nothing wrong with that. We're supposed to ask for our heart's desire. My heart desired Peaches to overcome this and so did yours.

I have looked, studied, and poured over all the Bible has to say concerning death. I was compelled to because death is the one thing that kicks my ass. I'm sorry, but there is no other way that says it more accurately.

Of all I learned about the promises, and they are wonderful, the only verse that gives me any comfort at all at the time when someone I love has just passed, is the shortest verse in the Bible.

John 11:35:  Jesus Wept.

The death of someone He loved caused Him to shed tears. I take comfort knowing that when I pray, it is to One who knows and understands the pain and loss because he experienced it as we do. I believe that knowing that pain we endure, was part of the reason He stayed on the cross. Death has been defeated, and through Him, we have hope that the pain and loss and goodbye is only temporary. He had to see the big picture from the cross instead of the moment, and as hard as it is, I will try to trust the picture I cannot see through tears. I will trust His promise that all things work for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.

Given that, I still expect a miracle and Peaches will be part of it.  {{HUGS, Cubbee}} That hug is for me as much as it is for you, because I'm wiping away tears for the umpteenth time today!

Thank you, Klaas, for posting the information. Everybody here is in that group hug, and like it or not, you're right in the middle!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #875 on: December 30, 2008, 11:18:51 PM »

I know what you mean about the tears CBB.... I have been so upset since hearing the news.My head knew that it was coming, but my heart just couldn't accept it.
I keep thinking of Peaches precious daughter and Mr.Peaches. I hope our prayers will help them through the coming days....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #876 on: December 30, 2008, 11:24:16 PM »

Is there some way that all the loving comments here about Peaches could be printed up nicely and sent to Peaches' hubby and daughter? I think that would make such a nice memorial to her.

I Stand With The Girl
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #877 on: December 31, 2008, 12:23:28 AM »

cubbee and BT, hugs to both of you.  Y'all knew Peaches much better than me.  If I can help let me know!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: December 31, 2008, 01:45:01 AM »

Is there some way that all the loving comments here about Peaches could be printed up nicely and sent to Peaches' hubby and daughter? I think that would make such a nice memorial to her.

Yes, I'm going to wait a bit then copy the entire thread and send it to her husband. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: December 31, 2008, 01:57:27 AM »

Yes, I'm going to wait a bit then copy the entire thread and send it to her husband. 

Klaas ... I am sure that Peaches' father, husband and daughter would appreciate the guesture very much.

Thanks you.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.