March 19, 2024, 02:23:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441879 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: December 31, 2008, 01:59:35 AM »

PEACHES - DECEMBER 13, 2008

Sorry to have been so lax in my updates.  There is just really nothing to tell.  I saw my oncologist last week and he put me on Arimidex which has been used for breast cancer.  It's oral so I don't think I have to go to clinic more than once a month and that is primarily to have the ever popular chest port flushed.  Just a maintenance deal.  Takes five minutes and gives me a chance to see all my nurses.  I made it through 15 rounds of radiation to reduce the size of the mass that was pushing on my spinal cord.  So I won't be paralyzed anything soon.  I'd hate to miss all the other stuff.

I think my doctor is kinda out of ideas.  He seemed very disappointed last time we talked.  I just want him to refer me back to the liver doc who is a freaking genius and let him go in and clean up this big mess I have going on.  To say that my last CT scan was "ominous" was not too encouraging.  That was the radiologist's word - ominous.  Three ominous areas, geez what do I win?  Other than the wonderful loving people I have encountered along the way, I can think of nothing about cancer that is entertaining or even amusing in any way.  In fact, it's pissed me off to no end.  I like to be in control and I'm not.  That so sucks.  And it's boring as hell.  Thank you Fatigue!

Okay, but I am still on the daisy side of the dirt here in the less than sunny South.  Thank you for your continued prayers and support.  I come here often just to read through everyone's messages and sniffle over all the beautiful flowers that represent such wonderful people in my life.  Have a great day.  Love to you all.  Boy do I have some catching up to do!

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: December 31, 2008, 02:11:42 AM »

I come here to SM only for Caylee.  Just do the Caylee thing, in and out, keep my head down and don't say too much.

So unlike many other long-term monkeys here, I did not know Peaches, nor did I know anything of her incredible courage and stirring spirit.  Until today.

Thank you for the front-page post.... How heart-wrenching!

I sat here this evening and immersed myself in the story that Peaches's thread tells, the whole ragged saga of hope and pain, from start to finish (or... rather to a brand new, well-earned, pain-free beginning for the beloved Peaches ...)

What a beautiful life.  What love and what sass!  What friendship and support.  What incredible bravery and spunk.

I have laughed and cried and been moved beyond words, sitting here reading page after page, post after post of pure, unadulterated LOVE.  An incredible blessing to me.

So, even though I did not know Peaches until now, at the end of her struggle, I want to thank SM for being the kind of place where love like this can flourish and touch so many people.  The tears roll down and I'm a better person for having gotten to "know" her tonight, and to see how beautifully well the monkeys can love and get behind a dear monkey sister who is hurting, and comfort and cheer her through the whole journey home.

Wow.

God bless Peaches and all those who knew and loved her.  Condolences to her family and to all the monkeys here who will miss her so.

Desi

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #882 on: December 31, 2008, 03:28:25 AM »

I come here to SM only for Caylee.  Just do the Caylee thing, in and out, keep my head down and don't say too much.

So unlike many other long-term monkeys here, I did not know Peaches, nor did I know anything of her incredible courage and stirring spirit.  Until today.

Thank you for the front-page post.... How heart-wrenching!

I sat here this evening and immersed myself in the story that Peaches's thread tells, the whole ragged saga of hope and pain, from start to finish (or... rather to a brand new, well-earned, pain-free beginning for the beloved Peaches ...)

What a beautiful life.  What love and what sass!  What friendship and support.  What incredible bravery and spunk.

I have laughed and cried and been moved beyond words, sitting here reading page after page, post after post of pure, unadulterated LOVE.  An incredible blessing to me.

So, even though I did not know Peaches until now, at the end of her struggle, I want to thank SM for being the kind of place where love like this can flourish and touch so many people.  The tears roll down and I'm a better person for having gotten to "know" her tonight, and to see how beautifully well the monkeys can love and get behind a dear monkey sister who is hurting, and comfort and cheer her through the whole journey home.

Wow.

God bless Peaches and all those who knew and loved her.  Condolences to her family and to all the monkeys here who will miss her so.

Desi

Thank you Desi for a wonderful tribute to our Peaches, and for putting into words what makes Scared Monkeys so special to so many.  From all walks of life, from all around the world; we're a family.  I'm glad you're here.
tm

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: December 31, 2008, 03:46:31 AM »

CBB,
Like you, my tears just keep coming....come here!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #884 on: December 31, 2008, 08:29:13 AM »

I know your still reading here at Scared Monkeys and I just wanted to say hi! and that I know your physical body might not be here but I know your energy is stronger than ever and thats the part that I know and love.. So on days your not doing anything, please come by and visit and talk to me.. Your friend, Terry
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #885 on: December 31, 2008, 10:22:11 AM »

Rest in peace sweet Peaches.You are with God and his beautiful Angel's now taking care of Natalee,Caylee and other children.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: December 31, 2008, 07:11:39 PM »

Here is our beautiful Peaches, for those who never had the pleasure of meeting her in person.

BUMPED

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: December 31, 2008, 07:14:32 PM »

PEACHES - NOVEMBER 26, 2008

I'm still here.  I spoke to None the other day.  She is so wonderful.  I was surprised to hear from her but it was wonderful!

I don't really know what's supposed to be going on right now.  I did the fifteen rounds of radiation and I don't think, based on how I feel, that it had any appreciable effect.  The doctor did say it took the pressure of the tumor off my spine.  Nice.  Who knew?  It wore me out though.  So next week, I need to make an appt. to see my doctor and see what is next.  I feel like I am probably a couple units low on blood but that would be hard to make happen with the holiday and stuff.  I need to drink more Powerade or Gatorade so I don't feel so dehydrated. 

This year, we are staying home for the holiday.  I am just too pooped to go to my girlfriends like we have for the last 10 or so years.  Just too pooped.  I have such wonderful neighbors, four of them are delivering Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.  We have to put the turkey in the oven and cook it but the sides are all done and that's what would hang up Chef Dan.  So it's just pretty wonderful.  I got one of those Edible Arrangements today too.  It's like  a fruit salad on a stick that is made to look like a bucket of flowers.  It's pretty cool.  And some guy at his office sent home an apple pie yesterday so that's going to work out well.  I am very blessed to have such great neighbors and friends.  Needless to say, my DH is extremely relieved that all we have to do is put the turkey in the oven.  And so am I. 

Feels like nap time here.  Thank you as always for your continued prayers and good thoughts.  I need them now more than ever.  I'm not outta the fight yet.  I wish you all a blessed holiday with your family and friends.  I love you all.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: December 31, 2008, 07:17:35 PM »

PEACHES - DECEMBER 13, 2008

Sorry to have been so lax in my updates.  There is just really nothing to tell.  I saw my oncologist last week and he put me on Arimidex which has been used for breast cancer.  It's oral so I don't think I have to go to clinic more than once a month and that is primarily to have the ever popular chest port flushed.  Just a maintenance deal.  Takes five minutes and gives me a chance to see all my nurses.  I made it through 15 rounds of radiation to reduce the size of the mass that was pushing on my spinal cord.  So I won't be paralyzed anything soon.  I'd hate to miss all the other stuff.

I think my doctor is kinda out of ideas.  He seemed very disappointed last time we talked.  I just want him to refer me back to the liver doc who is a freaking genius and let him go in and clean up this big mess I have going on.  To say that my last CT scan was "ominous" was not too encouraging.  That was the radiologist's word - ominous.  Three ominous areas, geez what do I win?  Other than the wonderful loving people I have encountered along the way, I can think of nothing about cancer that is entertaining or even amusing in any way.  In fact, it's pissed me off to no end.  I like to be in control and I'm not.  That so sucks.  And it's boring as hell.  Thank you Fatigue!

Okay, but I am still on the daisy side of the dirt here in the less than sunny South.  Thank you for your continued prayers and support.  I come here often just to read through everyone's messages and sniffle over all the beautiful flowers that represent such wonderful people in my life.  Have a great day.  Love to you all.  Boy do I have some catching up to do!

_____

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #889 on: December 31, 2008, 08:07:52 PM »

Thanks Janet, I love that photo of her.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #890 on: December 31, 2008, 09:56:43 PM »

I know all of us here in SM will miss you! In the Sports tread Peaches was a Major Nebraska Husker fan in the good and bad times. We know she will be rooting for the Huskers in the Gator Bowl from that birds eye seat!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #891 on: December 31, 2008, 10:45:58 PM »

It is with a very heavy heart that I come here to say How much I will miss sweet Peaches.

Such a beautiful person taken too soon. I am so glad I had the opportunity to get tp know her,
and how intelligent she was. I sure will miss that avatar with those big beautiful glasses.
 (Peaches knows how much I love glasses.)

One last Rose Peaches for you to take to Heaven......

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #892 on: January 01, 2009, 09:53:23 AM »

Peaches was a Husker fan.  In the football thread our Michigan Monkey Kiwi is leading us in prayer at halftime for Peaches.  Time to honor the fighter she was.

Nonesuch pointed out I will have a Husker angel on my shoulder for today's game.  I am honored and glad for the company.

We love you Peaches.  Prayers at halftime for you and your family.  May warm memories of times together comfort them. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: January 01, 2009, 02:29:55 PM »

For any who didn't see it before, or would like to light another candle for Peaches.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Peach

crazybabyborg
« Reply #894 on: January 01, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »

Peaches was a Husker fan.  In the football thread our Michigan Monkey Kiwi is leading us in prayer at halftime for Peaches.  Time to honor the fighter she was.

Nonesuch pointed out I will have a Husker angel on my shoulder for today's game.  I am honored and glad for the company.

We love you Peaches.  Prayers at halftime for you and your family.  May warm memories of times together comfort them. 

Frijole has dedicated the football thread to Peaches. That assures that Scared Monkeys will always have an active thread honoring her memory. Peaches loved the thread and posted there often. Thank You, Frijole!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4338.new#new
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: January 01, 2009, 04:09:09 PM »

Nebraska was behind.. soon as Peaches took over we are in the lead.  GO BIG PEACHES!!!  Love you girl.
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #896 on: January 01, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »

Peaches, you will be dearly missed in life, but your goodness and zest remains.  As TerryD said, we know you will stop by in spirit!

From Blossoms
by Li-Young Lee

From blossoms comes
this brown paper bag of peaches
we bought from the boy
at the bend in the road where we turned toward
signs painted Peaches.

From laden boughs, from hands,
from sweet fellowship in the bins,
comes nectar at the roadside, succulent
peaches we devour, dusty skin and all,
comes the familiar dust of summer, dust we eat.

O, to take what we love inside,
to carry within us an orchard, to eat
not only the skin, but the shade,
not only the sugar, but the days, to hold
the fruit in our hands, adore it, then bite into
the round jubilance of peach.

There are days we live
as if death were nowhere
in the background; from joy
to joy to joy, from wing to wing,
from blossom to blossom to
impossible blossom, to sweet impossible blossom.

Li-Young Lee, “From Blossoms” from Rose

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #897 on: January 01, 2009, 04:47:26 PM »

For Peaches' family, and also for the monkeys feeling the loss of Peaches..

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #898 on: January 01, 2009, 05:38:43 PM »

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #899 on: January 01, 2009, 07:32:12 PM »

It has taken me this long to put my feelings into words.  I was deeply saddened by the news that Peaches had left her earthly body and travelled to realms we can only dream about until we join her and our loved ones.

I have followed her journey through this illness and have been amazed by her strength, faith and humour throughout the long months while she shared most of her experiences with her friends here in this thread.

Peaches was an angel put amongst us to show us that everyone can reach beyond themselves for comfort and unconditional love.  None of us, Peaches included, could have any idea of the number of folk whose lives she has touched in this way.  Folk who have been ravaged by this dreadful illness and also their family and friends who have also been touched in so many ways by it.  They have all been shown her example of how to cope with such a life altering event and how much the love and support of others can make a difference, even on the internet by threads such as this one.  My condolences to Mr Peaches and their beloved daughter, also other members of Peaches' family.

We love you Peaches.  Thank you for all you gave to us and those whose lives you changed.

But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:13

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.