March 18, 2024, 10:29:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441854 times)
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #900 on: January 02, 2009, 03:43:52 AM »

I didn't keep up with the "Peaches" threads, but had seen her postings and friendships on the Natalee threads.
To the family, I am so sorry, my condolences.  Peaches, I know you are with our Lord, and in perfect peace.  I know from your posts that you are loving, warm and compassionate, and a very sweet and loyal friend to many.  I pray for comfort and love for the family while going through this terrible time of parting with thier "Peaches".  She has touched many, including me.  I will never forget her.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #901 on: January 02, 2009, 03:54:30 AM »

I'm drawn here. I've read this entire thread twice, and many pages of all of Peach's posts. I have never "done death" well despite more practice than I ever wanted. Any acceptance I have acquired has come with the hardest effort of my life and a lot of God's patience with me. I think I have finally received what I was searching for in these pages, and my hope is that by sharing it, those who are still here as well, will discover it too.

Peaches was expecting a miracle, and we joined her in that expectation. Even those that couldn't quite get there, hoped for one.

I know what a miracle is, and have been a recipient of more than one. I believe in miracles, but obviously I don't know all there is to know about them, because through my readings, I have discovered that sometimes miracles aren't "zapped" instantly on us, but evolve over time, and that sometimes we don't sense we are in the midst of a miracle being bestowed.

You can't go back and read this thread without seeing Peach's miracle. Those that came here to support and encourage  Peaches, are part of a transforming miracle that they will never recover from. Most of us would not know each other by sight, but we were brought here because of another faceless person. That defies logic. Peaches was the center of our miracle, but we gathered around her following God's beckoning. There was purpose in the orchestration of this thread, for Peaches, and for us.

Peaches is healed, and pain free right now. Peaches is joyous right now. Peaches has received and is living her expected miracle, right now, and she understands what we cannot; She knows God's purpose in answering our prayers in the way they were answered, and she understands the perfection of the response. I believe that within that understanding, we have a place. Peaches will forever be opening the Gift God has given her.

But we must look for our gift. We participated in the miracle and He has left a gift for us as well. That's what I was looking for while I was reading this thread, and this is what I found. I found good hearted people that had never met, called to join hands in God's name to build a beautiful bridge over rough terrain so that another stranger could walk a difficult path more easily. I found an incredible tutorial for a test we will all take. We will score better when the time comes, because of Peach's teaching through example. Lessons of humor, faith, gratitude, optimism, and determination were top on her list. Woven within each, was a keen sense of priority setting. Combined, the lessons are not just a class on dying, but a map to living well.

You and I and Peaches have all been given our miracle. Peach's miracle goes on forever. I'm going to try to treasure and honor the miracle left for me too.

Thank You Sweet Peaches.
Thank You Dear Father.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #902 on: January 02, 2009, 08:22:46 AM »

Amen CBB.....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #903 on: January 02, 2009, 10:32:39 AM »

CBB

I echo your sentiments. I know it's natural for us to question why Peaches' miracle did not involve her receiving continued health here on earth, but I truly believe that God loves Peaches very much, and that she's exactly where she should be. Peaches helped and inspired so many, many people while she was with us, and now she is reaping her heavenly rewards for being such a wonderful person.

I'm really much too old to have a myspace page (but I do), and I had written something about God in the blog section only a few hours before we heard of Peaches' loss. I'm not going to take up space here with it, but it's here if anyone wants to read it. http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=203204471&blogID=459776821

It expresses the same sentiments that CBB did, only just not as eloquently.  for CBB.

I Stand With The Girl
crazybabyborg
« Reply #904 on: January 02, 2009, 01:49:31 PM »

BT, thanks for the link. I nod to everything you wrote there!

Cubbee, thanks for the amen.

The miracle for Peaches and the miracle that was Peaches, goes on....................
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #905 on: January 02, 2009, 05:05:20 PM »

BT, thanks for the link. I nod to everything you wrote there!

Cubbee, thanks for the amen.

The miracle for Peaches and the miracle that was Peaches, goes on....................

How true, CBB.  Her miracle may come, God willing, for another who is or will be going through what she did, and yes, the miracle that was Peaches....... 

It gives me comfort to come here and read everyone's thoughts and prayers.   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #906 on: January 02, 2009, 09:20:34 PM »

Amen CBB.....

Amen CBB, that was beautiful.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #907 on: January 03, 2009, 02:52:54 AM »

Amen CBB, and wonderfully written!

Hugs and love,
tm

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #908 on: January 03, 2009, 11:17:15 AM »

Peaches' DD posted a beautiful tribute to her in her guestbook.

If anyone would like to sign that hasn't yet, this is the link.

http://www.northsidechapel.com/

Also to light a candle for Peaches:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Peach

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: January 03, 2009, 03:11:30 PM »

Thankyou..

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #910 on: January 03, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »

i didnt know peaches.... heck.. i hardly know any of YOU... newbie that i am...
but what i HAVE read, i cannot help thinking could be turned into a book..
other than a JOURNAL, rarely does one get to see the JOURNEY ...

my mom died from cancer...

anyway... i just think that the family, or loved ones (heck... maybe even one of YOU lovely creative people, might THINK about turning this JOURNEY of peaches... into a book of some sort... to give to the family....

i am sure THEY know how wonderful peaches was.... but it would be GREAT for them to see how she has touched OTHERS lives with her courageous JOURNEY...

profile pics courtesy of the kind and generous BRANDI!
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #911 on: January 05, 2009, 12:30:10 AM »

I am so sad to read of Peaches passing.

Rest quietly dear Peaches in the Father's loving arms.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #912 on: January 05, 2009, 07:26:11 AM »

I'm drawn here. I've read this entire thread twice, and many pages of all of Peach's posts. I have never "done death" well despite more practice than I ever wanted. Any acceptance I have acquired has come with the hardest effort of my life and a lot of God's patience with me. I think I have finally received what I was searching for in these pages, and my hope is that by sharing it, those who are still here as well, will discover it too.

Peaches was expecting a miracle, and we joined her in that expectation. Even those that couldn't quite get there, hoped for one.

I know what a miracle is, and have been a recipient of more than one. I believe in miracles, but obviously I don't know all there is to know about them, because through my readings, I have discovered that sometimes miracles aren't "zapped" instantly on us, but evolve over time, and that sometimes we don't sense we are in the midst of a miracle being bestowed.

You can't go back and read this thread without seeing Peach's miracle. Those that came here to support and encourage  Peaches, are part of a transforming miracle that they will never recover from. Most of us would not know each other by sight, but we were brought here because of another faceless person. That defies logic. Peaches was the center of our miracle, but we gathered around her following God's beckoning. There was purpose in the orchestration of this thread, for Peaches, and for us.

Peaches is healed, and pain free right now. Peaches is joyous right now. Peaches has received and is living her expected miracle, right now, and she understands what we cannot; She knows God's purpose in answering our prayers in the way they were answered, and she understands the perfection of the response. I believe that within that understanding, we have a place. Peaches will forever be opening the Gift God has given her.

But we must look for our gift. We participated in the miracle and He has left a gift for us as well. That's what I was looking for while I was reading this thread, and this is what I found. I found good hearted people that had never met, called to join hands in God's name to build a beautiful bridge over rough terrain so that another stranger could walk a difficult path more easily. I found an incredible tutorial for a test we will all take. We will score better when the time comes, because of Peach's teaching through example. Lessons of humor, faith, gratitude, optimism, and determination were top on her list. Woven within each, was a keen sense of priority setting. Combined, the lessons are not just a class on dying, but a map to living well.

You and I and Peaches have all been given our miracle. Peach's miracle goes on forever. I'm going to try to treasure and honor the miracle left for me too.

Thank You Sweet Peaches.
Thank You Dear Father.

You have me in tears CBB. I have not been brave enough yet to go through this thread, and in fact have avoided it because I was not sure I could handle it emotionally. I finally stepped in the thread to read what I have missed for the past 2 months I was away and Peaches got sicker, and this beautiful post by you is the first thing I see. I believe you are right, miracles surrounded Peaches and you are one of the greatest of those miracles!! Thank you so much for your gracious words.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #913 on: January 05, 2009, 07:27:45 AM »

i didnt know peaches.... heck.. i hardly know any of YOU... newbie that i am...
but what i HAVE read, i cannot help thinking could be turned into a book..
other than a JOURNAL, rarely does one get to see the JOURNEY ...

my mom died from cancer...

anyway... i just think that the family, or loved ones (heck... maybe even one of YOU lovely creative people, might THINK about turning this JOURNEY of peaches... into a book of some sort... to give to the family....

i am sure THEY know how wonderful peaches was.... but it would be GREAT for them to see how she has touched OTHERS lives with her courageous JOURNEY...

so sorry for your loss, my Mom died of cancer 15 years ago also. What a terrific idea and memoir of our Peaches.

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #914 on: January 05, 2009, 07:41:04 AM »

Thankyou..

thank you Texasmom

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #915 on: January 05, 2009, 06:44:13 PM »

Is there some way that all the loving comments here about Peaches could be printed up nicely and sent to Peaches' hubby and daughter? I think that would make such a nice memorial to her.

Yes, I'm going to wait a bit then copy the entire thread and send it to her husband

Bringing this forward for those who have also made the suggestion.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #916 on: January 05, 2009, 06:46:37 PM »

Is there some way that all the loving comments here about Peaches could be printed up nicely and sent to Peaches' hubby and daughter? I think that would make such a nice memorial to her.

Yes, I'm going to wait a bit then copy the entire thread and send it to her husband

Bringing this forward for those who have also made the suggestion.

I think they will really treasure that. It will surely help them to know how many people loved Peaches and were inspired by her.

I Stand With The Girl
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: January 05, 2009, 07:36:42 PM »

CBB, that was a beautiful post, thank you for that.

I saved the entire thread that SM did for Rick, printed copies for our family. When I was housebound with his illness it was a comfort to have so many here supporting us or offering their support or just an ear to listen. It means so very much.

Peaches was in the trenches with us then, we were in contact and speaking often, her husband also offering ideas and strategies. One thing you learn from sitting in the waiting rooms at these cancer centers is that cancer truly does touch every family - in some form or another we all have a relative fighting this battle. All the more reason we need to find cures for this, ironically Peaches ovarian and Rick's melanoma are two of the "silent" cancers that have such poor cure rates.

I read her DD's tribute today and it's so very moving, if only you could know what a loving and caring man he is, this is but one example.

We miss you sweet Peaches, more than you can imagine.

I continue to stand with the girl.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #918 on: January 05, 2009, 08:17:47 PM »

Peaches expected a miracle...... we got the miracle that was Peaches.....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #919 on: January 06, 2009, 12:28:58 PM »

Thank You Sweet Peaches.
Thank You Dear Father.

Thank-You CBB!!  I feel the exact same way of what you posted. We were all drawn here for Peach's miracle. I know I'm thankful for those lessons I've learned since the beginning of this all. Peaches way of looking at life, her determination, humor, wit, optimism, faith, & gratitude has taught us how to live our lives. We learn by example and Peaches was a great teacher. Thank-You Peaches for being the vessel the Lord chose to teach us these lessons. We will miss you tremendously!! Rest in the Lord's strong arms.

Cubbee~
I second your comment and sums it up so very nicely.
"Peaches expected a miracle...we got the miracle that was Peaches".

Roos (Wanda)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.