March 19, 2024, 12:40:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441870 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #960 on: December 25, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »

an angelic monkey

To my angel monkey Peaches with love at Christmas.. I think of you often too.  Went to Runza the other day and remembered sharing that recipe with you... and every time our dear Huskers play I just know that you and my father have met and are cheering them on from above.  I will never forget you.

Rest in peace dearest friend.  Love, Beans
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: January 03, 2010, 07:33:23 PM »

Here is our beautiful Peaches, for those who never had the pleasure of meeting her in person.

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: January 03, 2010, 07:36:42 PM »

PEACHES - DECEMBER 13, 2008

Sorry to have been so lax in my updates.  There is just really nothing to tell.  I saw my oncologist last week and he put me on Arimidex which has been used for breast cancer.  It's oral so I don't think I have to go to clinic more than once a month and that is primarily to have the ever popular chest port flushed.  Just a maintenance deal.  Takes five minutes and gives me a chance to see all my nurses.  I made it through 15 rounds of radiation to reduce the size of the mass that was pushing on my spinal cord.  So I won't be paralyzed anything soon.  I'd hate to miss all the other stuff.

I think my doctor is kinda out of ideas.  He seemed very disappointed last time we talked.  I just want him to refer me back to the liver doc who is a freaking genius and let him go in and clean up this big mess I have going on.  To say that my last CT scan was "ominous" was not too encouraging.  That was the radiologist's word - ominous.  Three ominous areas, geez what do I win?  Other than the wonderful loving people I have encountered along the way, I can think of nothing about cancer that is entertaining or even amusing in any way.  In fact, it's pissed me off to no end.  I like to be in control and I'm not.  That so sucks.  And it's boring as hell.  Thank you Fatigue!

Okay, but I am still on the daisy side of the dirt here in the less than sunny South.  Thank you for your continued prayers and support.  I come here often just to read through everyone's messages and sniffle over all the beautiful flowers that represent such wonderful people in my life.  Have a great day.  Love to you all.  Boy do I have some catching up to do!

BUMPED

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: January 03, 2010, 07:42:09 PM »

Thanks for explaining Muffy, it's been a tough day and having just spoken with Peache's husband I need to make a post on his behalf.

He is such a lovely man and my heart breaks for he and his daughter.

We lost our Peaches to her illness, I will be forwarding information regarding the coming service for her to Klaas so that anyone who is in that area who might want to attend will have the information they will need to do so.

Please know her husband spoke of the love and support so many at SM had for Peaches, it's so apparent how meaningful that is to him at this time, he spoke of how many loved Peaches and it is so very true.

For intuition's sake I was on a mission to speak to her today, oddly enough post leaving her a voicemail, my daughter called me. We heard two series of beeps on the phone line, we both commented never having heard beeps like that on our mobile prior - we joked it was Rick letting us know he was there.

About a half hour later her husband called and left a voicemail. I have to think that Rick has Peaches by the hand now, that those beeps were their way of letting us know that.

There is a part of me that is in such deep sorrow tonight, for losing our Peaches and knowing the journey ahead for her husband and daughter. We need to keep them in our prayers as often as we can.

God bless you Peaches, forever and always. We miss and love you immensely and celebrate that God will bring you peace and a new purpose.

God bless her husband, her daughter, and her family and friends. We grieve with you and we hope in some small way, to be part of the many lights she cast into this world for goodness and for courage in the face of great adversity.

I find comfort thinking of her walking among the roses so many posted for her here.

BUMPED

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: January 04, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »

She sounded very lovely and courageous...I did not know her but she sounded like someone that I would really like....
sigh...I wish that they would find a cure for cancer...it seems that each and every one of us has been touched by cancer by someone that we loved...nasty business that cancer...RIP Peaches...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: January 13, 2010, 01:05:03 AM »

I miss you Peaches 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: January 13, 2010, 02:24:11 PM »

I miss you Peaches 

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #967 on: January 19, 2010, 01:11:28 AM »

Peaches........... this is yours. It always will be. I'm posting it for you because I think you'd like me to. I think it holds a message from you for all of us on this thread, and I'm pleased to be your messenger. I love and miss you.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #968 on: July 06, 2010, 06:57:15 PM »

Hi Peaches....you have taught us so much in your time here.  I re-read some of your posts over the past few days.  I felt that you were teaching us for the future.
.....and I thank you, Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #969 on: September 14, 2010, 02:40:47 PM »

I still believe in and want a miracle.  Missing you, Peaches.   an angelic monkey

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #970 on: October 04, 2010, 07:50:33 AM »

Peaches, I think of you often and miss you much....I love you chicky!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #971 on: October 18, 2010, 01:58:14 AM »

I love and miss you Peaches! Today is Daddy's Birthday and I'm hoping you'll hear my heart and give him a hug for me. He gives the best hugs ever and I'd love to think it's a gift to you both!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #972 on: October 24, 2010, 10:03:15 AM »

Hi Peaches....you have taught us so much in your time here.  I re-read some of your posts over the past few days.  I felt that you were teaching us for the future.
.....and I thank you, Mere

Mere....I think you said it all...and very well said, indeed.  an angelic monkey

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #973 on: January 14, 2011, 12:32:48 AM »

Miss and love you Peaches

I continue to stand with the girl.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #974 on: March 12, 2011, 08:51:33 PM »

Dear angel Peaches... thought of you yesterday when my mom took out her Scared Monkeys cookbook and was telling me about a recipe you submitted.  It made me smile and then it made me sad.  Missing you dear friend.  RIP.
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
crazybabyborg
« Reply #975 on: April 18, 2011, 10:45:10 PM »

I still believe in and want a miracle.  Missing you, Peaches.   an angelic monkey

I miss and love you both. You have left footprints in my heart and I cherish them.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: December 19, 2011, 12:40:53 AM »

an angelic monkey
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #977 on: December 19, 2011, 04:53:34 AM »

Still mssing you  an angelic monkey

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: August 27, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »

Although I haven't been posting in this thread lately, I think of you often Peaches.   

This week I began seeing articles about the development of a new way to detect ovarian cancer. The cancer could be discovered in its early stages and the tumors treated much earlier.  I hope this potential life saving test can be fully developed and implemented soon. Saving lives! All the mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, nieces, our friends, our relatives, our co-workers.   So many women have lost their lives over the years to ovarian cancer.  Here is hope for the future, and I know you were all about hope, our lovely Peaches!   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23811705
Ovarian cancer screening 'has potential'
August 26, 2013

A new way of screening for ovarian cancer is showing "potential", according to researchers in the US.

Tumours in the ovaries are hard to detect in the earliest stages meaning it can be too late to treat them effectively by the time they are found.

A trial of 4,051 women, reported in the journal Cancer, showed the method could identify those needing treatment.

But a huge study taking place in the UK will give a final verdict on the test when it is completed in 2015.

There is a survival rate of up to 90% when ovarian cancer is caught early, compared with less than 30% if it is discovered in the later stages.

Unlike other cancers, the symptoms, such as pelvic and abdominal pain or persistent bloating, are often put down to other common ailments and the tumour can be missed.

There is no mass screening programme to detect the cancer either.

Testing
Scientists already know that levels of a protein in the blood, called CA125, are often higher with ovarian cancer.

However, it is too unreliable on its own. It misses some patients and tells others they have the cancer when they are actually healthy.

Researchers are now testing the idea of using the blood test to sort patients in risk groups based on levels of CA125. Instead of going straight for surgery, low-risk patients are tested again in a year, medium-risk ones after three months and high-risk patients have an ultrasound scan to hunt for tumours.

The US study, at the University of Texas, followed post-menopausal women for 11 years on average.

Ten women had surgery based on their ultrasound scan and all the cancers detected were at an early stage.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: June 04, 2014, 09:22:01 AM »

Remembering you, Sweet Peaches.  an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.