March 19, 2024, 12:16:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 441867 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #600 on: September 19, 2008, 06:43:44 PM »

Peaches, just stopping in to let you know we monkeys want to encourage you and support you. Even Terry cycled by to see how you are, he's been asking me privately about you daily and we are all praying for comfort and healing for you. Please when you feel up to it, let us know how you are and if there is more that we can do for you.

We care so very much, we want to travel the ups and downs of this with you always, you are never far from our hearts.

{{{{ MEGA Monkey HUGS}}}}

I continue to stand with the girl.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: September 19, 2008, 08:30:36 PM »

Peaches, I wanted you to know I was thinking about you today and wondering how you are doing. You truely are a special person.
L, Shell

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #602 on: September 19, 2008, 11:51:17 PM »

Lots of love going out your way, Peaches....the silence from your end is making things a little tough for us monkeys, but we know you have the upper hand...you are a tough cookie and we all love you for that...keep on keeping on.....we are here for you...and are behind you 100%...XXXOOO for now.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #603 on: September 20, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »

I'm still hanging in there.  This most recent chemo, Topotecan, is a real butt-kicker.  It's really hard on blood counts.  I wound up really anemic last round.  Next think I knew, I was too weak to cross the room.  I am so blessed by all of you and I count on your support more than you know.  Today, I am feeling pretty good.  I'm sitting here watching those PIRATES!  WOOOHOOO!!!!! Getting some time on the field today.  I feel like a proud auntie.  I saw a nice full screen shot of him early in the game.  I'm so silly, sitting here watching for him.  Pirates are playing a good game and seem to be off to a good start this year.  I'm just glad to see him on TV!

I guess I am going for six rounds of this nasty stuff before the next scan...end of October, I think.  I seem to have the pain under control somewhat.  Fatigue is the other problem.  I'm beat most of the time.  Typical of this chemo.  Last month I had to get two units of blood because I was so anemic.  That was exciting.  Not.  I did feel better a couple days later but it what a hassle.  I'm still here.  Waiting on the miracle I know is coming my way. 

Thank you all for your continued support.  Y'all have kept me going through this whole thing.  I could not do this without all of you.  I love to see the flowers and the balloons.  It lifts my spirits and I sure need a lift these days.  I am "Standing on the Promises".  Thank you all for standing with me.  I love you all.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:09:23 PM by San » Logged

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: September 20, 2008, 03:40:14 PM »

Peaches - We are so happy to hear from you!  I'm praying while this drug is kicking your butt right now it's also kicking the cancer's butt.  You are going to show improvement when you get your scan come the end of October, I just know it!

HUGS!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: September 20, 2008, 04:30:46 PM »

Sweet Peaches ~ Oh, I am so happy you're checking in . . . . we're *all* going to hold you and walk with you . . . your miracle is coming.  I just know it!

October's news will be better than good ~ take care, rest, and we love you!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #606 on: September 20, 2008, 04:40:18 PM »

I'm still hanging in there.  This most recent chemo, Topotecan, is a real butt-kicker.  It's really hard on blood counts.  I wound up really anemic last round.  Next think I knew, I was too weak to cross the room.  I am so blessed by all of you and I count on your support more than you know.  Today, I am feeling pretty good.  I'm sitting here watching those PIRATES!  WOOOHOOO!!!!! Getting some time on the field today.  I feel like a proud auntie.  I saw a nice full screen shot of him early in the game.  I'm so silly, sitting here watching for him.  Pirates are playing a good game and seem to be off to a good start this year.  I'm just glad to see him on TV!

I guess I am going for six rounds of this nasty stuff before the next scan...end of October, I think.  I seem to have the pain under control somewhat.  Fatigue is the other problem.  I'm beat most of the time.  Typical of this chemo.  Last month I had to get two units of blood because I was so anemic.  That was exciting.  Not.  I did feel better a couple days later but it what a hassle.  I'm still here.  Waiting on the miracle I know is coming my way. 

Thank you all for your continued support.  Y'all have kept me going through this whole thing.  I could not do this without all of you.  I love to see the flowers and the balloons.  It lifts my spirits and I sure need a lift these days.  I am "Standing on the Promises".  Thank you all for standing with me.  I love you all.

OH, MISS THANG!!! I'm sitting here fighting tears, hanging on your every word!  Thank You, Peach, for taking the time and effort to post! I feel like I have been on a team without a coach........I know what to do but wasn't sure where, in the plan, we were!! Now, I do. You're in the midst of some nasty chemo, really fatigued, and in need of some red blood cells. You could also use a little lift, emotionally because this stage of the battle is hard. Gotcha! 

Peach, someone else who would have been called upon to walk in your shoes would be moaning and groaning and wallowing in self pity. You are an inspiration and hero; maybe even more so because you recognize this stage is difficult. I know what to ask for, and we all are going to cozy up to you right where you are. Thanks for letting us know where to gather!

Klaas is right, this chemo's doing a job on all of you, but however hard it is on the way you feel, the cancer cells are dropping off like snowflakes in July! I love you Peach! You've got a whole team here, expecting your miracle!!!!
  salut albino thumleft thumright cheers

And Peaches, this is what that chemo is doing to those nasty cancer cells:

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:09:52 PM by San » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #607 on: September 20, 2008, 05:08:29 PM »

You do, huh? Well, girlie, here you go! See? Ask and you will receive, and receive abundantly!!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:10:26 PM by San » Logged
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: September 20, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »

Peaches

It is so good to hear from you.  I am thankful that all is going well.  When all those nasty wonderful lifesaving treatments have come to end ... a Monkey celebration will be held in the cage in your honor.

Shhh.  I took another stroll through cbb's beautiful garden and ... with you in mind I picked one of her most prized peach colored rose.  I knew she would not mind.  She loves you too.

Hugs

Janet

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 06:26:06 PM by San » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: September 20, 2008, 08:34:43 PM »

It's so good to hear from you Peaches!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: September 21, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/62ovf2" target="_blank">http://tinyurl.com/62ovf2</a>

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: September 21, 2008, 01:13:07 PM »

It's sure good to here from you Peaches!!  I think of you all the time. Your miracle is coming.   {{{{{HUGS}}}}

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #612 on: September 21, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »

Hi Peaches,
I was so glad to check today and see that you'd been by with an update.  I knew you must be having a rough time since I hadn't seen you around.  I'm praying that those nasty cells are being defeated and wiped out, and that you'll feel much stronger very soon. 

We all love and miss you!
TM

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #613 on: September 21, 2008, 06:05:53 PM »

Peaches you are his auntie, you know that would mean so much to Rick too, to know you are pulling for his boy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. He even had a tackle yesterday even though that's not his job, for he's a fighter - like you Peaches, he's a fighter.

We love you, look at the beautiful people on this thread who so adore you and are inspired by you. Thank you for letting us know how you are when you have so many important things to do for you, your health, and your family.

Keep the faith sweet Peaches, you have our faith in you endlessly and always.

I continue to stand with the girl.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #614 on: September 22, 2008, 09:22:36 AM »

Peaches...you sure are a sight for sore eyes!

So glad you checked in and that you did get to watch those Pirates!

Hang in there Peaches, it is almost October and I'm with you, I know Your Miracle is Coming.

God Bless You Peaches.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: September 22, 2008, 10:09:46 AM »

Psalm 46:9
Be still, and know that I am God.

IN THE GARDEN

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #616 on: September 22, 2008, 01:45:03 PM »

Janet, how do you know all my favorite hymns? 

This was played at my mother's service, both grandmothers' and probably most every other relative on either side.  I love this song.  Thank you for bringing it to the front of my brain!

Expect a miracle.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: September 22, 2008, 05:00:40 PM »

Peaches

Over eighteen years ago ... in the days that followed my surgery for a brain tumor ... for the the most part ... my Bible remain closed.  I do not know why but the Book which had been my foundation ... my mainstay ... throughout most of my life was too overwhelming to comprehend.  I felt separated from God and ... did not know how I was going to resolve my situation.  I hope that makes sense.

Anyways ... you know the saying ... "If you feel far away from God ... guess who moved."

So ... I shared my struggle with a close friend and ... the next hospital visit she brought me a hymnal.  I began to read the words of the old hymns and ... my relationship with God was once again intact.

Today in our church ... songs of praise and worship is where it is at.  I love these songs but I sooo miss the old hymns.  We no longer even have hymnals at each seating.  Every now and again an old hymn will appear on the overhead and ... I am in my glory.

Take care my friend.

Hugs

Janet

_____

Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: September 24, 2008, 02:43:28 PM »

Not ever do I drift off to sleep without lifting you up in my prayers Peaches..Big Hugs

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #619 on: September 25, 2008, 08:52:56 PM »

It's always something.  Yesterday after work, I went to get my 10 day labs done.  I felt pretty good.  I was giving the tech a hard time telling her "if she didn't make it snappy, I wouldn't get my $3 back in the parking deck."   The chemo nurses came over and said they really needed a laugh that afternoon.  Alrighty then!  I crack them up because I call 'em like I see 'em because political correctness has just always irritated  me.  I make them laugh.  I don't imagine it's a fun job sometimes. 

Anyway, I got up this morning to go to work and said to myself "Self, I think I am too tired to walk out the door and drive myself to work".  So I went back to bed until I was awakened by my chemo nurse telling me I has really low hemoglobin (7.3) and would need to come in for a type and crossmatch so I could get two units on Friday.  Nice.  Well, I do feel somewhat puny but nothing like earlier in the month when I had to had a transfusion.  So we caught it earlier this time and I'm getting a transfusion before I get any more anemic.  Oh and I had two shots on Wednesday!  A Neulasta for the white blood cells and a Procrit for the red.  Oops.  Still anemic. 

So think of me tomorrow.  I'll be spending the day in a beautiful infusion facility overlooking Atlanta getting blood.  For those of you who donate regularly, thank you!  Somebody like me needs that blood!  For those of you who haven't donated lately, well, come on!  This is the second time this month that I have needed a transfusion of two units each time.  Kids undergoing cancer treatments often need platelets.  As I recall, it's faster to donate platelets.  Think about donating.  Pray about donating.  And know that somebody like me is counting on you and your generosity.  I love you all.

Expect a miracle.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.