April 19, 2024, 09:07:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PEACHES "rally", prayer and encouragement thead! R.I.P SWEET PEACHES  (Read 443624 times)
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #740 on: December 09, 2008, 02:28:08 AM »

Peaches,
May God bless you and keep you.
Hang in there! I miss your posts....
crazybabyborg
« Reply #741 on: December 09, 2008, 03:21:37 AM »

Peaches,

Hey hon! It's ok to say that because we're both from the South and we understand each other. 

I was saying my prayers and remembering you. I just felt the need to stop and leave you a post. It's the Season of Miracles, Peaches and I know you are tired. Please keep your eye on that Miracle, Peaches, and know that when this round of treatment is over, you're going to feel like yourself again. You're taking a break from the fight and letting the treatment work, but you've got a resevoir of strength that is just replenishing.

I'm going to sleep tonight and curling up in my Savior's Arms. He's got us both, Peaches, and the hands that are holding you are Healing hands.

God Bless You!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #742 on: December 10, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »

Peaches, Just had to stop in to let you know that as always you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I still believe in Christmas miracles and am praying that this is your turn to reap the benefits of that miracle.
I feel like a lousy friend for getting caught up in my own hardships and wallowing in my own self-pity at this time of year all the while you are fighting your trememdous battle.
I stopped in here to drop a quick,"hello, I am thinking about you", and suddenly, in the grand scheme of things the hardships I have been facing seem very small indeed! I love you sistah, and am so very proud to call you my friend!

Love you!
Cubbeegirl

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #743 on: December 10, 2008, 01:06:51 PM »

Hi Peaches...I am here to wish you and your family a blessed Christmas season.  I am another one who believes in miracles....especially Christmas miracles.  You know that you are on the daily prayer list of the older nuns in my sister's community....including the one who wants to know how "orange" is doing.  I don't correct her anymore.  Her heart is in the right place...lol.
Think of you daily and pray for you.....Hugs, Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #744 on: December 11, 2008, 07:19:46 AM »

Good Morning Peaches.  Just wanted to stop by and let you know I've been thinking about you.  Love ya buddy. 
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #745 on: December 12, 2008, 06:13:35 PM »

Dear Peaches - sending all my very best wishes to you.

This beautiful picture won first prize in an Australian newspaper competition and I wanted to share it with you  :

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #746 on: December 13, 2008, 12:18:06 PM »

Sorry to have been so lax in my updates.  There is just really nothing to tell.  I saw my oncologist last week and he put me on Arimidex which has been used for breast cancer.  It's oral so I don't think I have to go to clinic more than once a month and that is primarily to have the ever popular chest port flushed.  Just a maintenance deal.  Takes five minutes and gives me a chance to see all my nurses.  I made it through 15 rounds of radiation to reduce the size of the mass that was pushing on my spinal cord.  So I won't be paralyzed anything soon.  I'd hate to miss all the other stuff. 
I think my doctor is kinda out of ideas.  He seemed very disappointed last time we talked.  I just want him to refer me back to the liver doc who is a freaking genius and let him go in and clean up this big mess I have going on.  To say that my last CT scan was "ominous" was not too encouraging.  That was the radiologist's word - ominous.  Three ominous areas, geez what do I win?  Other than the wonderful loving people I have encountered along the way, I can think of nothing about cancer that is entertaining or even amusing in any way.  In fact, it's pissed me off to no end.  I like to be in control and I'm not.  That so sucks.  And it's boring as hell.  Thank you Fatigue! 
Okay, but I am still on the daisy side of the dirt here in the less than sunny South.  Thank you for your continued prayers and support.  I come here often just to read through everyone's messages and sniffle over all the beautiful flowers that represent such wonderful people in my life.  Have a great day.  Love to you all.  Boy do I have some catching up to do!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #747 on: December 13, 2008, 07:20:16 PM »

Peaches,

Continued love and prayers for you.  Your battle is never ending, but your spirit is still strong. 

XXXOOO

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #748 on: December 13, 2008, 07:49:56 PM »

Peaches, as usual , I stand in awe at your courage and determination. I am also pissed as hell that my dear friend is having to fight this nasty battle. We are with you Peaches, every step of the way.If you are tired lean on us and we will hold you up and help you carry on.If you feel like crying, we will cry with you.If you feel like screaming we will scream with you.Whatever you need , we are all here for you. Know that you are so very , very loved and admired my dear friend.
I love ya chicky!
Cubbeegirl

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: December 14, 2008, 10:11:45 AM »

Always praying sweet sweet Peaches...

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: December 14, 2008, 11:38:59 AM »

Good morning sweet Peaches,

You are in my thoughts and prayers always.  I am rich because I know you, you are one of the blessings in my life. 

I saw these lovely flowers and thought of you.  We are here on the branch with you.  God is the thread holding us all together.  I pray you feel God's loving arms wrapping you up in a big hug. 

God loves you, baby doll and I know God loves me, God put you in my life.  I am forever blessed. 

Love you, Peaches!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #751 on: December 14, 2008, 05:35:39 PM »

I admire your courage, strength and sense of humor throughout this ordeal.  I think you are an inspiration and a Hero to many here at SM. Merry Christmas Peaches.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: December 15, 2008, 11:26:40 PM »

Peaches, just want to remind you I love ya & my prayers are beating down the gates of Heaven.
I expect you to get the miracle you are asking for. You have my number if you need anything or just feel the need to talk.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: December 16, 2008, 02:03:22 PM »

To Peaches with Love

Janet

++++++++

THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

REDEEMING LOVE

From God's heaven to a manger,
From great riches to the poor,
Came the holy Son of God, a little child.
From the azure halls of heaven,
To a lowly manger stall,
Jesus came and here He gave His life for all.

Redeeming love, a love that knows no limit.
Redeeming love, a love that never dies.
My soul shall sing through-out the endless ages,
With choirs exalting of this great love on high.

From a loving heavenly Father,
To a world that knew Him not,
Came a man of sorrow, Jesus Christ, the Lord.
In my wandering Jesus found me,
Touched my life with His great love,
And this Babe has grown to be my sovereign Lord.

Redeeming love, a love that knows no limit.
Redeeming love, a love that never dies.
My soul shall sing through-out the endless ages,
With choirs exalting of this great love on high.

The Bill Gaither Trio

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #754 on: December 17, 2008, 12:36:51 AM »

Still sending up those prayers for that miracle you are expecting chicky! Love ya!!!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #755 on: December 17, 2008, 08:13:38 AM »

Peaches,

Sending lots of love and prayers your way.

(I also sent a sock monkey calendar your way, so be on the lookout for it.)

Hugs and smooches.

I Stand With The Girl
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #756 on: December 18, 2008, 01:37:07 AM »

Peaches, I'm so late to see you have posted. This job is interfering with the really important things in my life.

Please remember you are a survivor and that this cancer hopes it will frustrate you into submission to it. Doctors do get frustrated because they are fixers but don't internalize that, you are a fighter.

Happy Holidays dear Peaches, you spit in the eye of that cancer and tell it Santa's gonna stomp all over it !!!

We love you dearly sweet Peaches.

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #757 on: December 18, 2008, 05:29:00 AM »

Peaches, I just want to echo Nonesy. I know a lot of Physicians, and have employed several. They are not God, though many believe they are. Their ego gets in between them and patients sometimes. But you are no shrinking violet, and you are unique to say the least. I wish the visit could have been more encouraging, but Peaches, you know the stuff you're made of and so do we......

You have to figure YOU in any equation, and that is more than enough to tip any scale! I do agree with you; get to a physician who is not discouraged because that's not the mindset to lead you anywhere. I can't believe you went through the entire treatment of radiation as tired as you are, without altering the schedule. My God, Peaches, I'm astounded!

Radiation absolutely exhausts the body, and cancer either does or does not respond to it, but you did it, Peaches. Getting through that tells me so much about who you are and what a fighter! I suspect that your strength comes from Godly purpose you feel with your family. Gather up what ever amount of strength you have, ask God to Bless it and step out to a Physician you trust. The strength will multiply, Peaches, and it will be more than enough! Jesus fed 5,000 with meager fish and loaves by doing just that, and the occurance was recounted and preserved to teach us how to have what we need from whatever resources we have left. The result was a MIRACLE Peaches! I believe that God looked down the years and had you in mind and heart Peaches, and the words were recorded for you.

Dear Peaches, I'm claiming that promise for you.  I keep you in my prayers and heart and that's not a last resort. That's just reaching for the power! I love you!

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #758 on: December 18, 2008, 11:17:53 AM »

Peaches,

I might have told you this story before, but I'm old, so I can't remember. 

Anyway, it's something from one of Dr. Deepak Chopra's books. He said he saw a patient one time who had inoperable cancer. The patient's daughter didn't want him to tell the patient how serious her condition was, so he told her she had an infection, not cancer.

A few years later, the patient appeared in his office, and Dr. Chopra was flabbergasted. She should only have lived a few weeks after he saw her the last time. She was in perfect health and said to him, "Doctor, I thought I had cancer when I came to see you before, but when you told me I didn't, I knew I was going to be okay."

None and CBB are right. You are a strong, strong person, and "what you think about is what expands in your life."

Keep thinking about kicking that cancer's butt, Peaches. I know you will, sistah!! 

Big hugs and smooches to you.

I Stand With The Girl
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: December 20, 2008, 04:57:47 AM »

Hi peaches, sending you some love, I know we havent met, but I feel like I know you.  Hang in there, you sound like a very strong and funny lady, you have a lot of friends in here, I can tell. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.