March 19, 2024, 12:45:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Murder and Crime Rate In Aruba  (Read 4737421 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2006, 09:28:31 PM »

We have a translation (thanks sandy leiva) re. the man recently found on the beach. It appears that the police are suspicious of this death. "CAM" = Carlos Arturo Moreno.

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pasco mainta a haya mas cu 20 kilo di cocaina cerca eybanda... HOMBER HAYA MORTO NA BOCA ANDICURI DIAMARS MAINTA
Christmas morning finds dead man on beach in Boca Andicuri with more than 20 kilos cocaine.

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Diamars mainta un piscador cu tur dia ta bay na baranca cu su famia pa pisca a yega na Boca Andicuri mainta trempan y topa cu un curpa sin bida canto di awa ta bay bin cu e olanan bruto.
A man fishing from the shore on an outing with family members in Boca Andicuri on early morning found a dead mans corpse on the edge of the water being pounded by the waves.

Mesora e piscador a notifica su hendenan via telefon y nan a avisa polis cu a manda un patruya pa e lugar.
the fisherman notified family members to contact polis who sent a patrol car out to investigate.

Na yegada nan a topa cu homber sin bida lomba sunu, renchi na orea, jeans bisti cu faha preto y mea ainda na pia.
Indeed they found a dead male minus an ear dressed with jeans- black waist cincher and shoe and sockless.

E tabata tin golpi nan su cabez y aunke tin version cu por tat rata di un crimen, ta autopsia lo mester pa prescribi esey.
there were no wounds to the head and although it appeared a crime had occured they prefer to wait on an autopsy.

For di e prome informenan no official ayera den oranan di atardi tabata papia di un homber Colombiano di inicialnan C.A.M. di 25 aña registra pa polis na Mispelstraat, pero aparentemente e lo ta biba na Sta Cruz of Paradera.
According to learned information the man was Colombian 25 yrs old with the initials C A M and lived in STa Cruz of Paradera.

Un Honda Fit cu tin mas cu un dia para banda di Natural Bridge a ser tuma den beslag pa polis mirando cu kizas ta trata di un auto cu e persona sin bida haya a yega eybanda.
A Honda fit with more than one days things ??? (unsure of this) was seen at the Natural Bridge and perhaps was waiting for another contact according to polis

E departamento di seccion crimen organiza e dia anterior tabata eybanda caba caminda nan a pone man riba mas di 20 kilo di cocaine cu tabata den un boca net pabao unda e curpa sin bida a spula yega tera.
The dept of organised crime of the interior had been tracking this man along with the 20 kilos of cocaine found on the man and suspected he would bring it on land

E piscador cu a saca e curpa for di awa no a mira ningun hende straño den vecindario ora cu el a yega mainta pa pisca.
the fisherman who found the body in the water did not see any strangers in the vicinity.

E caminda tabata hopi malo pa yega na Andicuri y cu autonan 4x4 polis a yega na e lugar mescos e personal di ambulance y dokter Brouwer cu a constata morto.
the road to the beach is a dirt road traversed by polis 4x4 . Ambulance brought Dr Brouwer who pronounced him dead.

Ta investigando awor aki pa mira si e curpa sin bida a ser mata prome cu el a ser benta na awa of e victima a muri hoga.
The investigation is being conducted to see if foul play played a part in his death or if he drowned.

Helicopter mester a yuda despues cu autoridadnan a caba di investiga na e lugar pa asina nan por a move e curpa sin bida te na Natural Bridge caminda e auto di morto tabata warda riba nan.
Authoritys later looked by helicopter to see if the victm had be moved by someone to the location where he was found near the natural bridge or if he was moved from his auto stationed near the beach.

Di parti di DIARIO ta bay nos mas sincero condolencia y nos ta sigui e investigacion di cerca pa mira si e caso di droga por tin di haber cu e persona cu a ser haya sin bida.
Diario send its condolences and will continue to investigate if this case involved drug in the death of this person

Best i could do---- Sandy

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: December 29, 2006, 09:32:03 PM »

And BT posted this on the LCD today:

BTgirl wrote:
Easy got a bit of information this evening about the poor woman who was found hanged.

I have been briefed by my people on that case just a few minutes ago. She did have many problems, for one with her mother, who seems to have mistreated her, then her son is in Holland, she had been having some fits of depression, her husband took off with a bundle of money they had borrowed, leaving her with the bill to pay, etc. She did leave behind a letter, but it is in the hands of the police. In the next couple of weeks we may find out what she wrote. That all I can tell you at this point.  

Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #242 on: December 29, 2006, 10:35:22 PM »

Last year MORENO, Carlos Arturo, arrested & convicted for drug trafficking in Fla.  Facing ten years in jail.

This is all I could find on Carlos from Fla...no D.O.B.

c/o INVERSIONES EL PENON S.A., Cali, Colombia; Cedula No. 14264233
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #243 on: December 29, 2006, 10:41:02 PM »

http://usinfo.state.gov/wh/Archive/2006/Feb/21-354383.html

--------------------------------

Thank you, Sandy for the translation!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: December 30, 2006, 02:25:01 AM »

I don't think this is the same one as arrested before and jailed in Florida.  Different nationalities and I tend to think that he would pose a flight risk and so was likely denied bail.

Very common name combination.

But where on that body was 20 kilos of cocaine?  

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #245 on: December 30, 2006, 09:56:31 AM »

I was just trying to see if they could be the same man.
There is not a DOB for the man arrested in Fla.

In a February 17, 2006 statement, ICE said that if convicted of the charges, the Columbian defendants -- Abel Pardo Salguedo, Alberto Cortes, Dionisio Velez Tarquino and Carlos Arturo Moreno -- face a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years' imprisonment and a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Dec. 26, 2006 CARLOS ARTURO MORENO
According to learned information the man was Colombian, 25 yrs old with the initials C A M and lived in STa Cruz of Paradera.

Same name
Same nationality
Both trafficking drugs

I would assume 40+lbs. of cocaine was found in his car
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: December 30, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »

But if you Google Carlos Arturo Moreno, there are thousands of them.  I don't think he would be allowed to make bail because of the obvious flight risk.  Maybe someone in Florida can find out if he is still in jail there, the one arrested.

Grande was very good at that sort of thing but hasn't been in the cage lately.  And I'm not really sure if it matters if it is the same one or not.  Would like to know where the cocaine was and what happened to it.

Anyway, not sure it matters if the same one or not.  Will be curious as to how this is ruled, suicide or foul play, homicide or what.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2006, 01:39:55 PM »

I Googled Carlos Arturo Maduro+Fl which gave me the story from last Feb. of the 4 Columbians arrested in Miami.  There is no Carlos Maduro right now in a Miami jail.

I noticed in the Aruba story the man was wearing a black "cincher jacket"...elastic belt.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2006, 03:33:34 PM »

Quote from: "Florida"
I Googled Carlos Arturo Maduro+Fl which gave me the story from last Feb. of the 4 Columbians arrested in Miami.  There is no Carlos Maduro right now in a Miami jail.

I noticed in the Aruba story the man was wearing a black "cincher jacket"...elastic belt.

Well, his name is Carlos Arturo Moreno not Maduro so maybe that is the problem.  But try Googling just his name without FL and you will see that this name is just too common, sort of like Bob Smith or John Jones.

But not important, really, for the purposes of this thread which is crime.  The investigation into the cause of death, assuming of course there is one, is what I am waiting for as it would be 8 murders in last year if ruled a homicide.

Still wish we had a suicide thread.  Good project for someone.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #249 on: December 30, 2006, 05:43:06 PM »

MsMarple: Mystery solved.  The 2 Carlos Arturo MORENO's are not the same...

Good idea of yours, though.  Carlos Morero on the beach: 25 years old.

Feb. 2006
The captain of the boat was identified like Abel Pardo Salguedo, of 47 years. The crew were Alberto Cortés, of 50 years; Dionisio Vélez Tarquino, of 22; and Carlos Arturo Moreno, of 54. Were prisoners to the delay of a judicial hearing Friday. They did not have lawyers who represented them.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2006, 09:38:17 AM »

Bondia:
The year in review.  Section A and Section D are interesting.  
http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pages/Dec/30-12-2006.html

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2006, 11:18:44 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Bondia:
The year in review.  Section A and Section D are interesting.  
http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pages/Dec/30-12-2006.html

We need to get Sandy Lieva (Leiva? sp? - sorry, I never get it right!) on this. Looks as though there may be a few homocides we've missed ... We didn't start this project until August 2006.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2006, 08:28:10 PM »

In response to the above post - thanks to Appeals and sandy leiva for the following. [Bracketed blue comments are notes to myself.]

Appeals, Page 27 of LCD # 567 12/31/2006:
Good Morning. MsMarple, still here?

I am not Sandy, and don't speak Pap. That said, I did try to make some rough notes to myself from some of the articles. I may be very wrong, just guessing for the most part.

November 2006: Man dead at the Bongo Bar - Pedro Arthuro Gomez Torres, 39, from Colombia. Police investigating rumor concerning choller -- autopsy did not determine cause of death? [we have this one]

October: Nuni Maduro -- connected with programs "5 Speed", top 95 and Tele Aruba -- fan (?) of drag races -- something about drag race promoter [need more details - was Maduro murdered?]

69 year old Senora Richardson found in her house in advanced decomp. Investigating cause of death.

Sept.: Mysterious death [more details?]

Aug: fatal accident -- Petra Maria Ruiz Kelly

fatal accident -- Chevy Tracker & Ford Explorer

http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pdf/Dec/30/A-30-12-06.pdf

Pg 14 -- Big article about Pit Bull [we have this one]

also article about Micky John being released as suspect?

Pg 17 -- 31 yr old Colombia convicted (sentenced?) for immoral acts on 11 year old girl [need date]

Pg 22 -- Dijkhoff -- sentenced to 12 yrs prison in baby death? [we have this one]

I know the above is very sketchy, but maybe others can fill out and/or correct me?

sandy leiva, Page 31 of LCD # 567 12/31/2006:

page 14- Arubas most horrific case The death of Pitbull @ gaudurakeri. Pitbull was mutilated then his body set afire in a case over drugs. Ironicall court was surprised that his body was not cut open to see if the drugs were in his stomach or in his intestines. Sigmond Hiyliger got 5 yrs -Kim Hiyliger got 2yrs 6 mo. and Mike Leverstone got 3yrs 6mos for the crime. [we have this one]

article below that one:
Micky John relased as suspect status in case of Holloway by Judge Norianna Pietersz. John is now free to consider claims for damages against him, for his troubles.

pg 16- Highest verdict and sentence given in Aruban History goes to Cornelio Hormaneo for premeditated murder if Raul Croes. [not sure if we have this one; if not, need date]

under that --31 yr old trusted family friend and well known person in the community rapes 11 yr old mongoloid girl of family friend. he only gets 1-2 yrs fined 1500 florins and must do 160 hrs of community service. [need date]

page 17-- superior court adds 6 yrs to 12 yr term of woman accused of killing Mr Von Heyninganin june of 2006. [we have this one]

pg 22--Father kills 4 month old son. Ferdinand Dijkhoff gets only 12 yrs why did he do it. Because he believed the child was not his. DNA taken by the court proved it was his child. it is said the man was in shock. [we have this one]

under that article-- 2 prisoners explain to judge they recieved illegal drugs while imprisoned in KIA jail. they claim it helped to keep them addicted to drugs--no outcome mentioned.

pg 23--Kalpo brothers remain suspects in case of Natalee Holloway as deemed by unnamed judge and minister of public from curacao. The judge revokes attorney D Kock and mr Zepperfeldt motion to remove then from suspect status. Judge states Karin Jansen presented evidence of an ongoing investigation and stated she considers them supspects. They must remain as such and present themselves to minister of public for insuing interrogations.

Best i could do as I do not speak papiamento.

Thanks again Appeals & sandy!

Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2006, 09:11:46 PM »

page 14- Arubas most horrific case The death of Pitbull @ gaudurakeri. Pitbull was mutilated then his body set afire in a case over drugs. Ironicall court was surprised that his body was not cut open to see if the drugs were in his stomach or in his intestines. Sigmond Hiyliger got 5 yrs -Kim Hiyliger got 2yrs 6 mo. and Mike Leverstone got 3yrs 6mos for the crime.

Was there ever any explanation as to why this occurred
and why such short prison sentences?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: January 01, 2007, 03:54:14 AM »

Florida,
I don't think Aruba has the concept of equal under the law.  I don't know how else to explain the very light sentence for raping the girl with Down's Syndrome and the horrific torture killing of Pitbull .  Then Raul Croes must have been someone important or a friend of the judge or something like that as his life seems to have more value than Pitbull's despite the dreadful things done to Pitbull.

And I thought the judge could ONLY act on EVIDENCE presented to him, not if he "believed" somebody or not.  The wife of the refinery worker got an additional 8 years for recanting her confession because the judge did not believe her.

Yet we have been told and by Arubans or at least people living in Aruba, that the judge can ONLY act on hard evidence.  Well, that all has to be circumstantial as anything so how can he use it to sentence her to eight more years in jail without some kind of HARD evidence?

If it applies to her, why doesn't logic apply in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway?

What I do understand of their system, I don't like very much.  Give me a jury trial any day rather that what a judge believes or does not believe especially if the law says he can only act on evidence in the first place.

I think we have been lied to about that only acting on evidence part.  

Was anyone really telling us the truth about anything at all?   Sad

PERSONA NON GRATA

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #255 on: January 01, 2007, 06:13:44 AM »

I'm gearing up an update to the Summary for 2006, and just want to mention that Nuni Maduro, mentioned in the year-end-review, died of a heart attack. This is per the drag racing web site -

http://tinyurl.com/yzpg53

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: January 01, 2007, 06:33:20 AM »

Again - working on the 2006 Summary. I have these 8 murders for the year:

03/20 - Bernard Ramsaran, died on board a ship, Aruba pronounced "natural causes" but 2nd autopsy in his home revealed he had been strangled.

04/05 - Pitbull Djoegan murdered.

04/18 - Raul Croes murdered in a restaurant.

06/23 - Unknown female corpse, nude, found in a trash pile.

11/24 - Pedro A. Gomez-Torres, murdered at Bongo Bar.

12/02 - Hoben M Bayne, 16-yr-old, murdered outside C&Cs.

12/16 - Baby Dijkhoff, 4-month-old, killed by his father.

12/27 - Carlos A Moreno, found dead on beach, minus an ear, by fisherman; polis suspect foul play. 20 kilos (44 lbs) of cocaine are somehow involved.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: January 01, 2007, 07:14:49 AM »

For whatever reason, makes me go Hummm ...

During the early morning of 12/22, the M&C thread reached 6,000 views.

During the early morning of 12/28, the M&C thread reached 7,000 views.

As of right now, 01/01/2007, the M&C thread reached 7,860 views.

Shocked   Shocked   Shocked

Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #258 on: January 01, 2007, 07:49:47 AM »

MsMarple:
Yes, I've noticed many viewers at the archived <smak> thread...
This death really concerns me:06/23 - Unknown female corpse, nude, found in a trash pile.
Thank you for putting that all together.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: January 01, 2007, 11:17:04 AM »

The obituary has the name as Carlos Arturo Moreno Castro.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.