March 19, 2024, 04:21:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Murder and Crime Rate In Aruba  (Read 4737495 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: April 25, 2007, 12:32:41 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

I posted Diario's article about this yesterday. Wasn't this Merryweather guy the one who led the protest against Beth?

JOHN MERRYWEATHER - FORMER ARUBA DIPLOMAT

John Merryweather
'Scarborough Country'
July 6, 2005

SCARBOROUGH:  It sounds like things are really heating up in Aruba.  Give us the very latest.  

RON BLOME, NBC CORRESPONDENT: Well, they like to call this their slogan, one happy island.  But this fabric of politeness is what being frayed here.  There was a rally scheduled for last night for justice.  But after Beth Holloway came on the air yesterday and was very direct in calling the Kalpoe brothers criminals who had been left to walk the island, well, this protest last night turned into something else.  It was a protest against the media, and also against the very sharp language that Beth Twitty had used yesterday.

SCARBOROUGH:  One man who does understand it, though, is our next guest.  He is John Merryweather.  He's a former Aruban minister and was a participant in yesterday's protest.  Mr. Merryweather, thank you so much for being with us tonight.  Tell us, why were you involved in that protest?  What do you think that Natalee's mother did wrong?

JOHN MERRYWEATHER, FORMER ARUBA DIPLOMAT:  Well, first—no, no, first of all, I'd like to answer why I was at the—not protest.  It was a gathering in support of our justice system.  It was not a protest.  It never started out as a protest either.  I would like that to be very, very clear.  When I was there, I hadn't heard what the comments of Natalee's mother either of the day.  I was asked that after I was there.  I went there.  I was not part of the organization, but I went there in support of our justice system.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: April 25, 2007, 01:48:34 PM »

Thanks Tamikosmom.

A clarification:

John Merryweather is the person involved with the demonstration against Beth (or in support of Aruba's Justice system). That was in 2005.

Eveline Merryweather organized a demonstration, reported in Diario 04/24/2007, against the "chollers" (drug addicts).

(And I had thought these two Merryweathers were one in the same, but that is not the case.)

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: April 27, 2007, 06:27:59 PM »

Looks like an attempted suicide?
http://www.24ora.com/content/view/313/8/

Intento di suicidio na Malmok        
Wednesday, 18 April 2007  

Diaranson anochi den e area di Malmok un dama hoben a trata na pone fin na su bida. Den vecindario di e barancanan na Malmok e dama aki a bula na awa. Inoficialmente e informe ta bisa cu e dama no tawata sa landa. Autoridad a yega serca y logra di salba e dama for di awa. A hibe den ambulance pero su situacion no tawata mucho grave.

A disdi di toch hibe hospital pa un check up. Nos investigacion ta mustra cu for di diasabra e dama aki tawata cana rond cu e idea pa termina su bida. E ta sufri di depression y tawata bisa su conocirnan cu e ta bay laga nan. Diaranson anochi e la disidi na tuma paso di loke e tawata papia den e dianan anterior. Papiando na telefon cu un amigo a bini na cla naunda e tawata.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #423 on: April 28, 2007, 05:40:29 AM »

Thanks klaas. Here's the online Pap translation of the above. Apparently this person attempted suicide by drowning; sounds like she may have jumped from something ("fly at water") into the ocean.

attempt of suicidio at malmok
wednesday, 18 april 2007

diaranson night in the area of malmok one lady young owing to deal at place end at his life. in vecindario of the barancanan at malmok the lady here owing to fly at water. inoficialmente the informe is tell cu the lady not tawata know swim. autoridad owing to arrive serca y succeed of save the lady for of water. owing to hibe in ambulance but his situation not tawata mucho important.

owing to disdi of yet hibe hospital for one check up. we investigacion is show cu for of saturday the lady here tawata march rond cu the idea for termina his life. the is abide of depression y tawata tell his conocirnan cu the is bay let they. diaranson night the la disidi at take pace of thing the tawata talk in the dianan anterior. papiando at telephone cu one amigo owing to come at cla naunda the tawata.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #424 on: May 03, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/5/3/

Victima a keda cu su cara full na sanger:
SEÑORA A HINCA AMANTE DI SU CASA CU SCHROEFDRAAIER

ORANJESTAD (AAN): Ayeranochi, un incidente inusual a keda reporta ora cu dos dama, un arubiano y otro stranhero, a topa na un restaurant di “fast food” na Santa Cruz y e ora ey un pelea formal a cuminza.

Segun datonan colecta na e sitio di e incidente, e pleito entre e dos señoranan aki tabata debi na e hecho cu un di nan, esta, e stranhero a pidi un lift pa bay cumpra cuminda pe y pa su yiu na e restaurant aki. Eynan, el a bin topa cu su auto maneha pa un muher.

Ta asina cu ta su casa a bay trabao cu su auto, pero ta parce, el a haya hamber y a pidi su supuesto amante, un persona local, bay cumpra cuminda pe sin pensa cu eynan e lo a topa cu su propio casa.

Online Pap translator:

victima owing to stay cu his cara full at sanger:
madam owing to hinca lover of his casa cu schroefdraaier

oranjestad (aan): last, one incidente inusual owing to stay reporta hour cu two lady, one aruban y another foreigner, owing to come across at one restaurant of “fast food” at santa cruz y the hour ey one action serious owing to cuminza.

according datonan colecta at the sitio of the incidente, the quarrel among the two señoranan here was debi at the mature cu one of they, esta, the foreigner owing to ask one lift for bay cumpra cuminda pe y for his child at the restaurant here. eynan, past owing to come come across cu his car maneha for one muher.

is so cu is his {??} casa owing to bay trabao cu his car, but is seems, past owing to achieve hungry y owing to ask his supuesto lover, one person local, bay cumpra cuminda pe without think cu eynan the will owing to come across cu his own casa.

No idea what happened here.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: May 04, 2007, 09:33:39 AM »

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/5/4/

Un di e 4 “Colombiano” ta reacciona riba noticia...
LOKE BARTENDER A HACI CU CLIENTE

ORANJESTAD (AAN) Yesid Arias Tamayo, un di e 4 “Colombianonan” ta gradici Diario pa e oportunidad pa alcara e noticia cu a sali den Diario dia 2 di mei 2007 bou e titulo “Cuatro Colombiano cu a bebe sin paga a keda deteni”.

Nan ta spera cu e articulo cu a sali publica no ta (solamente) basa ariba informacion di polis, pasobra e forma di proceder di Recherche den e caso aki ta alemenos hopi cuestionabel. Na prome lugar tres di nos ta Colombiano cu pasport Hulandes y un ta Venezolano.

Nos tur tin hopi aña biba na Aruba sin ningun problema. Na prome instante solamente tres di nos a yega na e lugar na Boegoeroei ariba brommer y nos a bebe dos cerves cada un, mas nos a treat algun conoci eynan. Na momento cu nos a pidi e cuenta esey a sali Afl. 59,00. Manera costumber nos a pone Afl. 60,00 boa di e boter bashi y nos a sali bay. Ora nos tabata ariba e parking lot y nos tabata wak un di nos bromernan cu pa a cai abou e bartender a sali pafo y a grita nos pa ladron y mas cos menos bunita. Nos a puntra kico ta su problema y e a acusa nos cu nos kier a sali sin paga. Despues un discusion chiquito nos a dicidi di paga atrobe pa evita mas problema.

Nos a bay na e cas di Jean Carlos na unda nos a yama Juan David, pasobra e tabata su brommer cu a cai abou. E a bin pa check su brommer. Despues nos a bay cu auto di Gustavo cerca un otro amigo na Palm Beach na unda nos a come sopi. For di eynan nos kier a bay Moomba, pero pasobra e tabata mucho trempan nos a dicidi di bay back na Perle D’Or pa tuma un par di cervez mas.

Eynan Juan Carlos y Juan David, e dos cu no tabata tey mas trempan cu nos, a sinta pafo y nos a drenta paden. Mi a acerca un hende cu tabata sali for di bar y mi a puntr’e si e ta traha na e lugar. El a bisa mi cu si y ami puntr’e pa e otro bartender, pasobra mi no a comprende pakico nos mester a paga dos biaha.

E momento ey e bartender a pusha mi abao. Mi a lanta y a push’e back. E ora ey e a bay back den bar y mi kier a bira ora mi a sinti cu algo a dal riba mi cabez. Di biaha mi a cai abou y e bartender a bula riba mi y e a sigui hinca mi den mi cara. Mi a sinti cu nan a purba di lanta mi y carga mi for eynan y mi amigonan a pone mi den auto y nan a hiba mi hospital. Na hospital nan mester a duna mi no menos cu 61 gancho!

Eynan mi a bisa polis cu mi kier pone un keho contra e bartender. Polis a bisami dilanti e dokter y enfermeranan presente cu nan ta bay acepta ningun keho di mi! Awor cu mi a sali for di hospital mi a comprende cu mi amigonan ta sera y esun cu a hinca mi y purba di mata mi ta canando rond liberamente, pasobra supuestamente e a defende su mes.
Aparentamente pa husticia na Aruba defende bo mes tambe ta ataka hende di patras cu glas y corta su cara na momento cu e ta abou y ora e tin su wowo tapa door di sanger. E unico cos cu mi amigonan a haci ta hiba mi hospital pa evita algo peor pasa cu mi y pa e motibo ey nan ta deteni y e berdadera criminal ta cana rond. Mi no lo acepta esey y lo haci tur cos locual ley ta permiti mi pa husticia vence. E ultimo pregunta cu mi tin pa Recherche y fiscal ta cu si nos tabata Arubiano nan a actua mes cos.

Online Pap translation:

oranjestad (aan) yesid arias tamayo, one of the 4 “colombianonan” is gradici daily paper for her oportunidad for alcara the news cu owing to leave in daily paper day 2 of half 2007 under the titulo “cuatro colombiano cu owing to drink without pay owing to stay deteni”.

they're wait for cu the articulo cu owing to leave publica do not (solamente) basa upstairs informacion of police, because the form of proceder of recherche in the caso here is alemenos much cuestionabel. at first lugar three of we is colombiano cu passport dutch y one is venezolano.

we all have much year live at aruba without none problem. at first instant only three of we owing to arrive at the lugar at boegoeroei upstairs brommer y we owing to drink two cerves cada one, more we owing to treat some conoci eynan. at instant cu we owing to ask the cuenta esey owing to leave afl. 59,00. as costumber we owing to place afl. 60,00 boa of the boter bashi y we owing to leave bay. hour we was upstairs the parking lot y we was look at one of we bromernan cu for owing to cai downstairs the bartender owing to leave pafo y owing to bark we for thief y more cos less beautiful. we owing to ask about kico is his problem y the owing to acusa we cu we wanted owing to leave without pay. after one discusion chiquito we owing to dicidi of pay again for evita more problem.

we owing to bay at the cas of jean carlos at where we owing to calling juan david, because the was his brommer cu owing to cai downstairs. the owing to come for check his brommer. after we owing to bay cu car of gustavo close one another amigo at palm beach at where we owing to come sopi. for of eynan we wanted owing to bay moomba, but because the was mucho trempan we owing to dicidi of bay back at perle d’or for take one pair of cervez more.

eynan juan carlos y juan david, the two cu not was tey more trempan cu we, owing to sit pafo y we owing to enter inside. i have acerca a cu was leave for of bar y i have puntr’e if the is work at the lugar. past owing to tell my cu if y i puntr’e for her another bartender, because my not owing to comprende pakico we have to owing to pay two trip.

the instant ey the bartender owing to push my abao. i have arise y owing to push’e back. the hour ey the owing to bay back in bar y my wanted owing to become hour i have feel cu algo owing to strike on my cabez. of trip i have cai downstairs y the bartender owing to fly on my y the owing to follow hinca my in my cara. i have feel cu they owing to try of arise my y carga my for eynan y my amigonan owing to place my in car y they owing to take away my hospital. at hospital they have to owing to give my not less cu 61 gancho!

eynan i have tell police cu my wanted place one complaint contra the bartender. police owing to bisami fast the doctor y enfermeranan present cu they're bay acepta none complaint of my! now cu i have leave for of hospital i have comprende cu my amigonan is close y esun cu owing to hinca my y try of kill i am canando rond liberamente, because supuestamente the owing to defende his self.

aparentamente for husticia at aruba defende do you self also is access person of behind cu glass y clip his cara at instant cu the is downstairs y hour the have his eye tapa door of blood. the unique cos cu my amigonan owing to haci is take away my hospital for evita algo worse happen cu my y for her motibo ey they're deteni y the berdadera criminal is march rond. my not will acepta esey y will haci all cos locual ley is permiti my for husticia conquer. the ultimo question cu i have for recherche y fiscal is cu if we was aruban they owing to actua self cos.

I *think* that some guys having beers left money on the table as they left a restaurant/bar. They then were accused of leaving without paying; possibly someone swiped the money off the table. Bartender/owner (s) chased them down.

I *think* they offered to pay again, and/or asked perhaps for more beer to go, hoping to avoid an altercation/problem. Nonetheless, at least one of them got beat up and requried stitches.

At the hospital, he asked for the police and wanted to file a complaint. The police apparently refused to make a report.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: May 09, 2007, 01:22:02 AM »

Diferente morto den menos cu dos ora      
 http://www.24ora.com/content/blogcategory/6/8/

Wednesday, 09 May 2007  
Entre diamars anochi 11 or y diaranson marduga 12 or y mey Aruba a hanja un shock cu e morto di tres persona na diferente lugar. Ta trata aki di un suicidio, un accidente fatal y un tiramento. Dentro di poco e prome imagenan.  

Through translator - looks like 3 deaths tonight in Aruba.  Another suicide

various dead in less cu two hour wednesday, 09 may 2007 among tuesday night 11 or y diaranson marduga 12 or y mey aruba owing to hanja one shock cu the dead of three person at various lugar. is deal here of one suicidio, one accidente fateful y one tiramento. dentro of some the first imagenan. come across

This photo is with the article regarding the person who committed suicide.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #427 on: May 09, 2007, 03:36:38 PM »

Apparently is IS a hanging. Link to video from local media (also covers 2 other deaths, auto accidents):

http://www.24ora.com/content/blogcategory/6/8/

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: May 09, 2007, 04:13:51 PM »

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/5/9/

Diario story about the hanging and the "electric car" death, which sounds to be possibly more than an accident?

Here's the online Pap translation:

oranjestad (aan): tuesday was one night violento! was 11:02 therefore.m. cu owing to achieve know cu a posiblemente owing to comete suicidio at bubali plas at the observation tower at another near of the mill resort. here autoridad owing to come achieve one man horca at the part more abao of the toren. eybanda had one electric car of the compania ec rent aruba cu the number v-5820. till at ciere of edicion awemadruga for 2:00 owing to.m., autoridad not owing to divulga name of the person here, because; cu his family till still not owing to worde notifica. pesey owing to ask daily paper for not divulga this still. but the is one person of aruba, y have indicacion cu recien past owing to cumpra one of the autonan electrico here for of the compania. recherche y personal tecnico of police owing to bay at the lugar for investiga all detaye, for check if the is one suicidio or one homicidio. in the car electrico can owing to see one ice-jug y some cups. the was miss one keds at his leg, y had one serbette lora rond of uno of they. funeraria zepp wever owing to transporta the restonan deadly. at family of fayecido is bay word of condolencia.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: May 09, 2007, 07:38:15 PM »

Of course the obvious question about the hanging victim is where is his other shoe?  Is that some kind of bandage around his ankle?

I can't tell from the photo.  There is also a video of the suicide scene before the victim is removed as well, something I have difficulty adjusting to seeing.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: May 09, 2007, 10:55:53 PM »

klaas posted this on the LCD 05/09/2007:

Posted today by MF at FOB:

Before the monkeys turn and twist the news, the island knew a homicide case yesterday and this was not one that can be considered a crime of passion, but rather a robbery intent. The victim died at the emergency room. They already think it might have been an inside job, since the victim (from Venezuela) has a construction company....

Thankfully a few hours later, the ALE detained two men under suspicion as being the ones responsibles of this act. One man of 17 and another of 25 years old, both from Colombia.

Indeed the two guys that were arrested were friends and employees of the victim, after getting out of the bar, they had a discussion and one got a gun out and shot the victim, they got scared and took him to the ER and left the place.... the ALE sent a general message for the units and intercepted them that same night.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: May 10, 2007, 11:19:16 AM »

MsMarple,
I have forgotten what page your excellent SUMMARY is located on.

Could you post the SUMMARY page or bring it forward and repost so it will be easier for folks like me to find?

Thank you!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: May 11, 2007, 05:09:12 AM »

More on the 3 deaths in 90 minutes, on 05/08/2007:

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/5/10/
Mortonan tragico a conmociona Aruba

ORANJESTAD.(AAN): Relaciona cu e caso lamentable na e uitkijk post na Bubali Plas, na unda algun turista a bati alarma ora cu nan a topa un colega masculino cu no tabata duna señal di bida. Ta asina cu diamars anochi tabata manera un nubia scur a pasa riba nos isla muy en particular parti noord di Aruba.

Tabata tin tres caso fatal a wordo raporta tras di otro, manera e cabez riba portada di Diario mes ta menciona: den 90 minuut tres persona a perde nan biba. Uno den accidente di auto riba sasaki weg, na unda e vehiculo maneha pa e hoben Andrick Edward Loopstok di 17 aña, a keda tur troci- den un solo palabra- na werki.

Practicamente e slanan cu e hoben a ricibi tabata fatal. Mientras tanto Angel Francisco Bolivar, naci 27 di juli 1958 na Venezuela, a wordo tira mata. Polis a actua cu rapidez pa por detene dos sospechoso Colombiano, un di e hombernan tin 17 y e otro 25 aña, un rato despues cu nan a transporta e propio victima pa hospital y lage atras na poli.

Segun informe e victima, Angel Bolivar, aparentemente lo ta doño di un compania di construccion. Aparentemente, segun informe, e victima lo tabata den compania di un cantidad di coleganan (empleadonan di trabou), den un bar. Dos di nan aparentemente lo a asalte, kita basta placa for di dje y hasta dispara riba dje cu consecuencia fatal.

Locual ta e homber cu a pone un fin na su bida: segun informe, e lo tabata confronta problema cu su salud y aparentemente e mester a bay pasa den un operacion basta serio. Pero e victima no por a contene su mes, pe sigur pa pasa den un crisis di depresion, y e lo a tuma un decision tan dificil y grandi pa pone final na su bida.

Te cu ayera mainta polis a logra localiza su famia pa pone nan na altura di e caso tristo, na unda F. F. B. naci na 1947, a pone fin na su bida . Condolencia profundo na sernan keri di e fayecidonan. Paz na nan resto.

Online Pap Translator:

mortonan tragico owing to conmociona aruba

ORANJESTAD.(AAN): relaciona cu the caso lamentable at the uitkijk post at bubali plas, at where some tourist owing to beat alarma hour cu they owing to come across one colega masculino cu not was give sign of life. is so cu tuesday night was as one cloud dark owing to happen on we island muy provided that particular part north of aruba.

was have three caso fateful owing to wordo raporta behind another, as the cabez on portada of daily paper self is menciona: in 90 minuut three person owing to lose they live. uno in accidente of car on sasaki weg, at where the vehiculo maneha for her young andrick edward loopstok of 17 year, owing to stay all troci- in one sun palabra- at werki.

practicamente the slanan cu the young owing to ricibi was fateful. all the time angel francisco bolivar, naci 27 of july 1958 at venezuela, owing to wordo throw kill. police owing to actua cu rapidez for can detene two sospechoso colombiano, one of the hombernan have 17 y the another 25 year, one rato after cu they owing to transporta the own victima for hospital y lage behind at poli.

according informe the victima, angel bolivar, apparently will is owner of one compania of construccion. apparently, according informe, the victima will was in compania of one cantidad of coleganan (empleadonan of trabou), in one bar. two of they apparently will owing to asalte, less enough coin for of dje y even dispara on dje cu consecuencia fateful.

locual is he cu owing to place one end at his bida: according informe, the will was confronta problem cu his salud y apparently the have to owing to bay happen in one operacion enough earnest. but the victima not can owing to contene his self, pe assure for happen in one crisis of depresion, y the will did take one decision so dificil y big for place end at his life.

till cu yesterday morning police owing to succeed localiza his family for place they at height of the caso tristo, at where f. f. b. naci at 1947, owing to place end at his life come across. condolencia deep at sernan keri of the fayecidonan. paz at they remainder.

Traffic fatality: Andrick Edward Loopstok, 17 yrs old (rental electric car)

Murder victim: Angel Francisco Bolivar, 27 years old; possibly a robbery gotten out of hand

Apparent suicide by hanging: F.F.B., 60 years old (born 1947); family has not been located for notification

One of these was discovered by tourists.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: May 11, 2007, 05:26:51 AM »

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/5/10/

PERSONA A BIRA VICTIMA DI ASALTO NA ALTURA
DI UN BAR NA SAN NICOLAS

ORANJESTAD.(AAN): Polis a registra un aumento di asalto, no solamente consistiendo di menaza pero tambe di violencia brutal. Marduga un biaha mas un otro persona a bira victima di atraco. E caso aki a tuma lugar na San Nicolas.
Segun e informe suministra pa vocero policial, tabata alrededor di tres or di marduga ora cu central di polis a dirigi patruya, encarga cu e distrito, na altura di Las Vegas bar. Informe cual polis a ricibi tabata indica cu e homber D.A.D, di 37 aña, a bira victima di asalto.
Polis a papia cu e victima D.A.D. El a conta cu pa mas o menos 15 minuut prome e tabata den compania di su primo den un bar. Su primo a dicidi di keda combersa cu un muher di bida den e bar, mientras cu e mes a sali bay pafor.
Ora e tabata saliendo, na dado momento pa un of otro motibo el a trompica y consecuentemente el a bay tera. Ora cu D.A.D kier a lanta el a nota cu tin un homber ta bin den su direccion. D.A.D a kere cu posiblemente e homber lo ta bay dune un man pa e lanta. Pero e tabata malamente ekiboca. E homber, bisti cu t-shirt color geel y jeans, cual despues a resulta di ta un tal “Jovi” a pushe y consecuentemente e la bolbe bay suela.
E tal “Jovi” a sinta riba D.A.D y a exigi placa for di dje. Ora cu D.A.D a nenga di sigui orden di “Jovi” ,e ultimo a djis hinca man den carson di e victima y saca un biljet di 50 florin, un biljet di 20 dolar, mas 10 dolar y cierto cantidad di florin. “Jovi”, despues di a tira e para riba D.A.D, a bay for di e lugar.
E victima D.A.D tabata sigur cu ta “Jovi” a comete e acto brutal aki. Polis a tuma e version y a cuminsa tira bista den vecindario si acaso nan lo por localiza e tal “Jovi”. No a dura mucho ora cu polis a wak un homber den Helfrich straat, na altura di Hollywood bar.
Su description tabata cuadra. Mesora polis a detene e sospechoso “Jovi” y e la wordo listra. Agentenan a confisca cuatro biljet di 20 dolar, un di 10 dolar, un biljet di 10 florin mas un biljet di 25 florin. Polis a transporta e sospechoso D.H.A, di 33 aña, miho conoci como “Jovi”, pa warda di polis pa duna cuenta. Mientrastanto e victima D.A.D lo a keda di entrega denuncia official na recherche.

Online Pap translation:

person owing to become victima of asalto at height of one bar at san nicolas

oranjestad.(aan): police owing to registra one aumento of asalto, not only consistiendo of menaza but also of violencia brutal. marduga once more one another person owing to become victima of atraco. the caso here did take lugar at san nicolas.

according the informe suministra for vocero policial, was alrededor of three or of marduga hour cu central of police owing to dirigi patrol, encarga cu the distrito, at height of las vegas bar. informe cual police owing to ricibi was indica cu he d.a.d, of 37 year, owing to become victima of asalto.

police owing to talk cu the victima d.a.d. past owing to count ; cu for more or less 15 minuut first the was in compania of his primo in one bar. his primo owing to dicidi of stay combersa cu one muher of life in the bar, while cu the self owing to leave bay abroad.

hour the was saliendo, at dado instant for one or another motibo past owing to trompica y consecuentemente past owing to bay ground. hour cu d.a.d wanted owing to arise past owing to notice cu have one man is come in his direccion. d.a.d owing to believe cu posiblemente he will is bay dune one hand for her arise. but the was malamente ekiboca. he, dress cu t-shirt color yellow y jeans, cual after owing to resulta of is one such “jovi” owing to pushe y consecuentemente the la go back bay floor.

the such “jovi” owing to sit on d.a.d y owing to exigi coin for of dje. hour cu d.a.d owing to deny of follow orden of “jovi” come across,e ultimo owing to immidiately hinca hand in carson of the victima y saca one biljet of 50 guilder, one biljet of 20 dolar, more 10 dolar y cierto cantidad of guilder. “jovi”, after of owing to throw the stop on d.a.d, owing to bay for of the lugar.

the victima d.a.d was assure cu is “jovi” owing to comete the acto brutal here. police did take the version y owing to cuminsa throw view in vecindario if acaso they will can localiza the such “jovi”. not owing to last mucho hour cu police owing to look at one man in helfrich straat, at height of hollywood bar.

his description was cuadra. at once police owing to detene the sospechoso “jovi” y the la wordo listra. agentenan owing to confisca cuatro biljet of 20 dolar, one of 10 dolar, one biljet of 10 guilder more one biljet of 25 guilder. police owing to transporta the sospechoso d.h.a, of 33 year, miho conoci because; “jovi”, for keep of police for give cuenta. all the time the victima d.a.d will owing to stay of entrega denuncia official at recherche.

"Jovi" (D.H.A., 33) apparently beat up victim D.A.D. and took some money from him ...

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: May 11, 2007, 05:35:32 AM »

A summary for this thread is on Page 16; my sig line goes to that page.

Incidents subsequent to the Summary (which is dated January 2006) are not included, and I need to update it! It probably will be June before I can get to it, though.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: May 11, 2007, 08:45:32 AM »

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/5/11/

TURISTANAN KETO BAY TA BIRA VICTIMA NA FARO DI CALIFORNIA

ORANJESTAD (AAN): Keto bay tin un of mas persona ta causando basta daño na nos economia. Ta asina cu pa algun tempo caba tin ladron ta mik riba muy en particular vehiculo cu ta worde staciona pa nos bishitantenan den area di Lighthouse.

Varios denuncia a drenta na autoridad competente pero te ainda no a logra pone man riba e malhechor (nan) cu ta probecha di kibra drenta den V-autonan di turista.

Hopi turista ta confia ya cu nan a worde bisa cu nos Isla ta uno safe. Conociendo Mericano ta kere firme ora nan worde notifica di entre otro e seguridad. Tin pa nan mes seguridad nan ta tuma cierto medida pa no laga tog articulonan valioso ora nan baha atras.

Pero tin otro ta kere cu den un fraccion nada lo no pasa, pero nan ta ekiboca. Ladron ta circula observa sin cu nan ripara esaki cu man intencion. Y ora e momento oportuno presenta nan ta habraca manera Raaf riba propiedad di e bishitantenan.

Diaranzon merdia a keda reporta un otro caso di ladronicia cu kiebro den un vehiculo. E pareha turista a reporta cu desconoci a logra drenta den nan auto y a horta dos paspoort Mericano mas 250 Dollar.

Parce cu e porta banda di chofer e denunciante no a controla esaki debido cu e lo acera. E vehiculo cual ladron (nan)a drenta horta ta un Suzuki Liana color blanco.

E caso tin atencion di Recherche. Mando policial aparentemente tin plan pa frecuentemente esnan di Visibility Team amplia nan ruta y observa esnan cu ta bay y regresa patras di Lighthouse.

Bao di esnan cu ta circula lo mester tin sospechosonan cu ta hit and run tanto local y nos bishitantenan. Un control preventivo lo ta na su lugar ya trempan of laat autoridad tin cu gara e toro na su cacho.

Pa colmo, turistanan a cuminza alerta otro pa tene cuidao cu ladronicia constantemente den area di Arashi.

Online Papiamentu translation:

turistanan keto bay is become victima at lighthouse of california

oranjestad (aan): keto bay have one or more person is causando enough damage at we economia. is so cu for some time end have thief is aim at on muy provided that particular vehiculo cu is worde staciona for we bishitantenan in area of lighthouse.

several denuncia owing to enter at autoridad competente but till still not owing to succeed place hand on the malhechor (nan) cu is probecha of break enter in v-autonan of tourist. {"v" car - rental car. "V" is part of the licence tag number for rentals.}

much tourist is confia already cu they owing to worde tell cu we island is uno safe. conociendo mericano is believe firme hour they worde notifica of among another the seguridad. have for they self seguridad they're take cierto medida for not let tog articulonan valioso hour they descend behind.

but have another is believe cu in one fraccion nothing will not happen, but they're ekiboca. thief is circula observa without cu they ripara this cu hand intencion. y hour the instant oportuno present they're habraca as raaf on property of the bishitantenan.

diaranzon afternoon owing to stay reporta one another caso of ladronicia cu kiebro in one vehiculo. the pareha tourist owing to reporta cu desconoci owing to succeed enter in they car y owing to steal two paspoort mericano more 250 dollar.

seems cu the door near of chofer the denunciante not owing to controla this debido cu the will acera. the vehiculo cual thief (nan)a enter steal is one suzuki liana color blanco.

the caso have atencion of recherche. command policial apparently have plan for frecuentemente esnan of visibility team aggrandize they ruta y observa esnan cu is bay y return behind lighthouse.

bao of esnan cu is circula will have to have sospechosonan cu is hit and run tanto local y we bishitantenan. one control preventivo will is at his lugar already trempan or late autoridad have cu grab the bull at his cacho.

for colmo, turistanan owing to cuminza alerta another for as cuidao cu ladronicia constantemente in area of arashi.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #436 on: May 11, 2007, 08:55:52 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
A summary for this thread is on Page 16; my sig line goes to that page.

Incidents subsequent to the Summary (which is dated January 2006) are not included, and I need to update it! It probably will be June before I can get to it, though.

Sorry, that should be January 2007. The most recent Summary was compiled this past January.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #437 on: May 14, 2007, 09:25:50 AM »

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/5/14/

Pelea formal Diadomingo mainta na Playa!
MARINIERNAN DEN PELEA A ZWAAI MESA RIBA AGENTE POLICIAL

ORANJESTAD (AAN): Tabata mainta trempan, cu na altura di “Don Carlos Restaurant” riba Lloyd G. Smith Boulevard, cu poco marinier a confronta problema cu un grupo local.

A start un pelea y mesora yamadanan a cuminza drenta na autoridad. E informe ta mustra cu ta trata aki di un caso serio, y pelea ta bayendo for di man.

Esey tabata suficiente pa Polis sali cu diferente unidad rumbo pa e area. Na momento cu Polis a yega, nan a bin haya e pelea keto bay ta andando. Un di bringadornan den e caso aki un marinier a manda un stul riba un agente.

Mesora polis a dicidi yega cerca pa detene. Pero esaki no a logra, pasobra e marinier a cuminza core na careda bay pariba. Polis a sigui su tras, y despues di un rato otronan a yega cerca y a logra gare.

El a worde hiba Warda di Polis pa nan encarcele. Mientras tanto, a envolvi polis militar den e caso aki Marechaussee a worde envolvi relaciona cu e sucedido. Mas informe no tabata disponible.

A Marinier (sailor?) got into a confrontation with a local group at Don Carlos restaurant. Somebody threw a chair, I think at the polis.

VENEZUELA TA EXIGI DISCULPA DI GELT DEKKER

ORANJESTAD(AAN)--- Segun informacionnan te na Hulanda e discurso di Jacob Gelt Dekker durante conferencia internacional di inversionistanan na Corsow, dilanti mas di 400 delegado a bira un topico di publicacion, ya cu segun e informe Venezuela a exigi di e miyonario Gelt Dekker disculpa pa locual el a expresa encuanto Venezuela como narcoestado y president Hugo Chavez como baron di droga.

E informacion ta menciona cu consul di Venezuela na Corsow, Lorenzo Angolillo ta exigi disculpa di Gelt Dekker of pruebanan pa su ponencianan.

Gelt Dekker ta propietario entre otro di hotel Kura Hulanda na Corsow, y como orador durante e conferencia menciona el a describi Corsow como un pais cu ta ser maneha pa politiconan corupto y unda traficacion di droga ta domina economia.

Den su discurso el a haci e expresion cu no a cay na agrado di e consul, encuanto Venezuela cu a califica palabranan di Gelt Dekker como palabranan di un “loco”.

na Corsow tambe e palabranan di Gelt Dekker no a cay na agrado y a conduci na criticanan pisa di entre otro gezaghebber di Corsow Lisa Richards Dindial y prome ministro antiyano Emily de Jongh Elhage.

Aña pasa algun politico hasta a bini cu e opcion pa declara Gelt Dekker como persona non grata riba e isla despues di un columna negativo cu el a publica riba su website di noticianan di aviacion. Nada a sali for di esaki. Awor varios politico ta desea pa Gelt Dekker wordo saca for di Corsow.

Online Pap translation:

venezuela is exigi disculpa of gelt dekker

oranjestad(aan)--- according informacionnan till at the netherlands the discurso of jacob gelt dekker during conferencia internacional of inversionistanan at corsow, fast more of 400 delegate owing to become one topico of publicacion, already cu according the informe venezuela owing to exigi of the miyonario gelt dekker disculpa for locual past owing to expresa encuanto venezuela because; narcoestado y president hugo chavez because; baron of drugs.

the informacion is menciona cu consul of venezuela at corsow, lorenzo angolillo is exigi disculpa of gelt dekker or pruebanan for his ponencianan.

gelt dekker is propietario among another of hotel care for the netherlands at corsow, y because; orador during the conferencia menciona past owing to describi corsow because; one country cu is being maneha for politiconan corupto y where traficacion of drugs is domina economia.

in his discurso past owing to haci the expresion cu not owing to cay at agrado of the consul, encuanto venezuela cu owing to califica words of gelt dekker because; words of one “loco”.

at corsow also the words of gelt dekker not owing to cay at agrado y owing to conduci at criticanan pisa of among another gezaghebber of corsow lisa richards dindial y first ministro antiyano emily de jongh elhage.

year happen some politico even owing to come cu the opcion for declara gelt dekker because; person non grata on the island after of one columna negative cu past owing to publica on his website of noticianan of aviacion. nothing owing to leave for of this. now several politico is desea for gelt dekker wordo saca for of corsow.

{Would be good to know what this one is all about.}

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #438 on: May 18, 2007, 09:44:58 AM »

Posted by Lifesong on the LCD 05/18/2007; another suicide maybe:

Good morning, all. Been attempting to translate again...

Here's the article from today's Diario about yesterday's suicide.
http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/5/18/

My personal interpretation is that there was one bullet to the face but the body was in an 'odd' position causing some suspicion. Sounds like two men, one age 38, one age 36 from company in Spain doing contract work on this hotel - one of them is now dead.

Contractor Spano of Hotel River Will Owing to Throw His Self Kill

Oranjestad - Yesterday afternoon authority owing to achieve it confronts cu one another case for it investigates. The case have of to have at Bubali in one apartment will owing to come descubri one man cu not was give sign of life.

Is so after of afternoon owing to enter report at police cu at Bubali 123-k owing to descubri something horible. Seems, according to report, cu doe person cu apparently will is it knows the victima hour owing to arrive at the cas owing to come descubri they colleague cu not was give without sign of life.

The victima will was injury at face. At once owing to place authority at height of the case. All authority cu will have something of to have cu the case owing to wordo poni at height for present at once. Police owing to close one part for so it avoids cualkier person cu not have nothing of to have of arrive close. Recherche and also department tecnico owing to present all the time for cuminza cu they investigation deep.

Doctor Alvarez owing to present and owing to it states dead of he. Alaves authority owing to achieve is prudent also for it solicits it is present at of one patologo at Bubali 123F for her more also have one view and it reviews the curpa without life of he spanish.

Police officer spokesman Sr Comenecia the la give of it knows more late at representantenan of press cu was at the place cu in careda of 12'or of afternoon police owing to receive the report lamentable here. The police cu owing to present owing to come descubri the curpa of the victima in one position odd as is arise certain suspicion.

Will is deal of one man of 36 year cu will is work n'e project so calling "River", is two of his companero. For motibo, according spokesman, cu family of the victima not owing to wordo it notifies of the case lamentable here, they not can owing to give his identity.

But all the time Adpatres owing to it transports the cadaver for mortuario and today patologo will efecta autopsy for it determines dead of he naci at come across Spain calling Jose Augustin Rodriquez of 38 year. At life the was work at the construcion of hotel "River".

Possibly - but autopsy will have cu it determines this - will have strong indication cu the victima will owing to it commits suicide. The will owing to throw his self in cabez.

As all cos will is it indicates the victima have one injury of bullets, but police does not or not can confirma this debi at the investigation walking and autopsy have cu determine this course of today.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: May 18, 2007, 10:04:01 AM »

A tourist was assaulted, I *think* at the Bucuti hotel. Suspect(s?) found at Tamarijn beach hotel, detained.

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/5/18/

ASALTANTE DI TURISTA GARA MES ORA

ORANJESTAD.(AAN): Ayera atardi a tuma lugar un asalto riba un turista na altura di Bucuti hotel. Segun informe un turista a wordo asalta pa un homber y mesora e bishitante a reacciona y alaves un miembro di gerencia di e hotel en cuestion a sa di core tras di e individuo cu a comete e acto bergonzoso aki.

Nan a logra di gare un rato despues na altura di Tamarijn beach hotel. Mientras a yama mesora tambe polis cu den un fraccion a presenta na e sitio pa actua E personal di Strandpolitie a detene e sospechoso y nan a pone den boei pa transporte direccion warda.

Reportero di Diario tabata mesora na e sitio pa por a capta foto di e sospechoso E turista a keda di entrega denuncia oficial na autoridad competente di e sucedido.

Online Pap translation:

asaltante of tourist grab self hour

oranjestad.(aan): yesterday nightfall did take lugar one asalto on one tourist at height of bucuti hotel. according informe one tourist owing to wordo asalta for one man y at once the bishitante owing to reacciona y alaves one acolyte of gerencia of the hotel provided that cuestion owing to know of core behind the individual cu owing to comete the acto bergonzoso here.

they owing to succeed of gare one rato after at height of tamarijn beach hotel. while owing to calling at once also police cu in one fraccion owing to present at the sitio for actua the personal of strandpolitie owing to detene the sospechoso y they owing to place in boei for transporte direccion keep.

reportero of daily paper was at once at the sitio for can owing to capta photograph of the sospechoso the tourist owing to stay of entrega denuncia oficial at autoridad competente of the sucedido

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.