March 18, 2024, 08:42:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Murder and Crime Rate In Aruba  (Read 4737318 times)
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #680 on: June 01, 2008, 01:05:46 AM »

(Papi Translation)run through portuguese trans..

Sorcery(witchcraft) of sacrafice for some insane yesterday

first 12 or bottom of afternoon, police autoridadnan is seravisa, fast bottom of door of cemetery at paradera have one complete deken of blood, and apparently have to have something of curpa lora in dje. cu results owing to one or more goats, cu owing to stay swing, that kill, door for practicing sorcery. already near of the pananan here, also achieve the candle, and another obhetonan stano. is as we of awemainta owing to being informed, is practiced by sorcery, pa cu person is believe in this, of is practiced of one or another sixth, cu lately is very much bão of we own hobennan.serlimar owing to the quest for being warns cadavernan here and bentanan afo.

-------------------------------------
White magic and black magic exist in many forms, locally called "bruheria"(witchcraft), and include voodoo doctors, santeria priests, white magic and black magic practitioners. Because the practice of witchcraft is not tolerated in Aruba (due to the strong influence of the Catholic Church), good and evil spells, exorcisms, and other services of sorcery are hard to come by.

http://www.visitaruba.com/facts/newsdesk/backissues/newsletter18.html

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: June 12, 2008, 02:41:16 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/   06/11/2008

Criminality increased with 11 percent

Photo caption:
Looking back on 2007, chief of police Peter de Witte is of the opinion that the shooting incident near Arubus in December of last year, whereby a 19-year old boy shot a police officer and was self shot and killed, is an example of the hardening in the society and especially with the youth.

ORANJESTAD – From the tentative figures of the Police Corps of Aruba it appears that criminality has increased with 11.3 percent last year. {2007} This has to do with mainly the sharp rise of the number of robberies, especially in homes.  The police are highly satisfied with the approach of the local drug dealings and the use of narcotics; more than 200 kilo cocaine was confiscated last year, double the amount of 2006.

Points of concern are the development of the youth criminality and “the growing ease with which firearms are being used”, said chief of police Peter de Witte looking back on last year.  “The shooting incident in December of last year is an example of that.  It started with a fight and it ended in a shout-out, whereby one police officer was hit by two bullets and the shooter that finally died.”

The chief of police is also very concerned about the armed confrontations between several youth groups that in addition are getting more and more involved with criminal activities.  “A hardening has taken place.”  De Witte doesn’t want to talk about gangs.  “That gives them too much status.  These are groups that represent certain neighbourhoods, of which some are engaged in criminality like drug dealing and burglary.”   

Besides, the police corps has no perception of the age structure of those that commit crimes; at least not until a new registration system is introduced soon.  The youth criminality has been raised to priority one this year.  “Youth criminality, definitely after the serious incidents of last year, is heavily qualified for the subjective safety feeling.  More and more people are wondering: Do I have to go to carnival due to the problems caused by the young people.”

FEWER CAR THEFTS

Thus, the number of crimes has increased last year.  The number of crimes committed in 2005 was 5511; in 2006, 5643; and in 2007, 6277.  Again, the highest number of crimes committed is robbery, especially due to the increased number of housebreakings.  Lowering the number of burglaries is therefore on the priority list of this year.  The number of car thefts has decreased with 19 percent compared to 2006; which is positive, according to De Witte. 

Same as past years, destruction and ill-treatment are the common crimes.  The number of deadly violent offences is dropping; 3 versus 7 in 2006 and 6 in 2005.

67 Percent of these crimes are solved.   

The stricter approach of the local dealing in drugs and use of narcotics that the police has started with last year and is also a spearhead for this year, is according to De Witte very successful.  Not only did the number of cocaine that was confiscated last year doubled compared to 2006, but the police also confiscated 1078 XTC-pills versus 340 in 2006A total of 152 persons, including 11 drug dealers were arrested during police actions in the entertainment centre.  “The local drug dealing and use of drugs remains a big problem.  It caused a lot of inconvenience in the districts and peripheral criminality, like burglary.  Especially the youth is very vulnerable when they come into contact with drugs.  We know that drugs is being used and sold on several schools and I an very worried about that”, said De Witte.

TRAFFIC

Despite the extra traffic surveillances in 2007, the number of deaths in traffic accidents increased to 18; a big increase compared to the past 4 years.  The number of reported collisions keeps dropping (-6.2 percent to 5858).  With all the police actions in traffic, the traffic behaviour has changed, says De Witte.  He hopes that a combination of traffic surveillance and prevention would change this.  The biggest problem is still alcohol in traffic.  “Most optimum would be to conduct traffic surveillance every day, but that is not realistic.  The corps doesn’t have enough capacity.” 

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #682 on: June 13, 2008, 10:02:42 PM »

http://www.awe24.com/   06/13/2008

AUTORIDAD TA INVESTIGANDO UN CASO SERIO DI VIOLACION DI UN TURISTA DIABIERNA MADRUGA

Un turista, cu ta hospeda na un hotel na Eagle Beach, den oranan di diabierna madruga, a ser viola sexualmente. Esaki sigur no ta un bon propaganda pa nos industria turistico. Di acuerdo cu e informacionnan cu nos a haya, despues cu ayera mainta, e victima a ser hiba Hospital pa un chequeo medico pa confirma e hecho di violacion. KZP y Cuerpo di Recherche ta investigando e caso aki. No ta conoci, si e dama a keda viola riba beach dilanti di su hotel, of  ta den kamber di su hotel.

Online Pap translation:

autoridad is investigando one caso earnest of violacion of one tourist diabierna madruga

one tourist, cu is hospeda at one hotel at eagle beach, in oranan of diabierna madruga, owing to being viola sexualmente. this assure do not one good propaganda for we industry turistico. of acuerdo cu the informacionnan cu we owing to achieve, after cu yesterday morning, the victima owing to being take away hospital for one chequeo medico for confirma the mature of violacion. kzp y cuerpo of recherche is investigando the caso here. do not conoci, if the lady owing to stay viola on beach fast of his hotel, or is in bedroom of his hotel.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #683 on: June 15, 2008, 11:09:37 PM »

BTgirl posted this today (6/15/2008) in the Natalee discussion thread.

I was reading something interesting today about crime in the Caribbean. Someone posted information showing that the Caribbean has the highest crime rate in the world.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/world/134742-caribbean-has-highest-crime-rate-world.html

Here is a statement regarding types of crime there:

According to a new report by the World Bank and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Crime, Violence and Development : Trends, costs and Policy Options in the Caribbean, murder rates in the Caribbean are higher than in any other region of the world, and assault rates—including rape--are significantly above the world average.

(Latin America and Caribbean - Crime, Violence, and Development: Trends, Costs, and Policy Options in the Caribbean)

One interesting comment at the site was this one:

Hello... I don't know about violent crime BUT, theft is HUGE! We travel a lot and have been to numerous places in the carribean. EVERY time we go there they manage to creatively get away with something from us. The worst though, and the reason I'm writing is to get it out there how dastardly they are.
Our last trip to Curacao and Aruba cost us more than we spent ourselves.
The resturants or merchants are now selling your credit card numbers to front companys (they are even making card copies!) and maxing out your card limit before you even get home from your trip. USAA military banking has been hit hard recently. If you go to the carribean, call your bank and let them know so, they can flag any high charges before they rack up your card. UGH... They took ours for $20,000. Most cards are insured which is why we use it traveling but ultimately we all pay for it. The Carribean is beautiful, no doubt. But, I think the next time I go back would only be to watch a hanging. Investigations are underway and I'm hopeful they find this ring.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: June 15, 2008, 11:14:25 PM »

Destiny posted this today (6/15/2008) on the Natalee discussion thread. Destiny called re. the incident two posts above this one.

Klaas...I just got off the phone with Beach Patrol...talked with someone different than yesterday...but, someone I have talked with before in the past....I was trying to see if they have computer records of the current Eagle Beach assault on record yet...he was doing some checking for me...couldn't find that one...BUT...he did find a record from 9 days ago...of another assault reported by an AMERICAN woman by the name of xxxxxxxxxxxx...who was staying at the Marriott...this woman filed a report with beach patrol that she was assauled at the Marriot...don't know if inside or out...the hotel...he told me to call back in half an hour to talk with someone else...also said this woman is 38 yrs old...and it does not sound like the first woman at all...that first woman was staying at the Holiday Inn...

WTF is going on????

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #685 on: June 16, 2008, 10:48:02 PM »

Concerning the male body found at Boca Wariruri Monday morning 6/15/2008 -- apparently a tourist spotted the body -- two articles. Both included gruesome photos.

******* posted a screen shot from the front page of Awemainta dated 6-17-08. I couldn't copy/paste into the Pap translator, so I typed it. The article and online Pap translation are below.

A haya homber no identifica
hoga na Boca Wariruri

Ayera mainta, despues di 10 or, autoridadnan policial ta ser avisa, cu algun tourista cu ta core na noordkant, a mira un curupa di hende ta supla den laman na altura di Boca Wariruri. Mirando e situacion, polis a manda yama tur autoridadnan concerni y tambe miembronan di Cuerpo di Bombero, kendenan a baha na laman pa hala e curpa riba santo. Aki por mira cu ta un hende homber, cu tin un tatoo di un scorpion na su braza drechi. E mester tin basta dia morto den laman, mirando cu e tabata den estado di descomposicion y ya parti di su pia a ser comi pa pisca. Fiscal a laga confisca e cadaver pa mas investigation, maske e lo no por tene mucho tempo den freezer. Te cu ayera tardi, no a haya identificacion de e persona aki. Fuera de pasa
informacion di e caso aki pa tur Warda di Polis na Aruba, a manda informa autoridadnan ci Corsow y Bonaire, pa sa si nan por tin hende perdi. E por ta un personal ilegal tambe, cu por a trata di landa bin tera y no logra. Tur esaki ta ser investiga.

Online Pap translation:

owing to achieve man not identifica hoga at mouth wariruri

yesterday morning, after of 10 or, autoridadnan policial is being avisa, cu some tourista cu is core at noordkant, owing to see one curupa of person is blow in sea at height of mouth wariruri. mirando the situation, police owing to send calling all autoridadnan concerni y also miembronan of cuerpo of bombero, kendenan owing to descend at sea for wing the curpa on sand. here can see cu is a man, cu have one tatoo of one scorpion at his braza {arm} right. the have to have enough day dead in sea, mirando cu the was in estado of descomposicion y already part of his leg owing to being comi for pisca. fiscal owing to let confisca the cadaver for more investigation, although the will not can as mucho time in freezer. till cu yesterday tardi, not owing to achieve identificacion de the person here. fuera de happen informacion of the caso here for all keep of police at aruba, owing to send informa autoridadnan ci corsow y bonaire, for know if they can have person perdi. the can is one personal ilegal also, cu can owing to deal of swim come ground y not succeed. all this is being investiga.

... and this from 24ora.com --

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/5082/8/

Curpa sin bida haya ta drief den laman       

Monday, 16 June 2008 - 11:15 {a.m.}

Den oranan di mainta Polis ta wordo manda na Boca Wariruri pa un supuesto curpa di hende cu a wordo mira ta drief. Ora cu Polis a presenta na sitio enberdad nan ta bin topa cu un curpa no tabata duna ningun señal di bida. Inmediamente a yama e diferente instancianan concerni pa presenta na e sitio. Mirando cu e curpa aki a wordu encontra y ta drief den laman, a pidi asistencia di e personal di Search & Rescue tambe pa bin duna un man pa saka e curpa for di laman. Brandweer tambe a presenta na e sitio y na e momento cu nan a yega nan mes a dicidi di saka e curpa for di laman mirando cu e tabata na un posicion basta facil pa haña. Click read more pa mas detayes y imagen.

Momento cu a saka e curpa for di laman personal di polis a cuminsa investiga inmediatamente pa wak kiko por a pasa cu e persona aki. Nos tin di bisa cu a bin encontra e curpa di e victima mara un cabuya y esaki por a bin door di diferente motibo. Nos no kier specula kiko por a pasa y mas ta wardando pa ora cu Polis caba nan investigacion pa asina informa nos lectornan. Dokter Kelly a presenta na e sitio pa asina declara  e victima morto.

Online Pap translation:

curpa without life achieve is drief in sea

monday, 16 june 2008 - 11:15

in oranan of morning police is wordo send at mouth wariruri for one supuesto curpa of person cu owing to wordo see is drief. hour cu police owing to present at sitio enberdad they're come cu one curpa not was give none sign of life. inmediamente owing to calling the various instancianan concerni for present at the sitio. mirando cu the curpa here owing to wordu encontra y is drief in sea, owing to ask asistencia of the personal of search & rescue also for come give one hand for throw up the curpa for of sea. brandweer also owing to present at the sitio y at the instant cu they owing to arrive they self owing to dicidi of throw up the curpa for of sea mirando cu the was at one posicion enough facil for find. click read more for more detayes y imagen.

instant cu owing to throw up the curpa for of sea personal of police owing to cuminsa investiga at once for look at what can owing to happen cu the person here. we have of tell cu owing to come encontra the curpa of the victima mara one cabuya y this can owing to come door of various motibo. we does not specula what can owing to happen y more is wardando for hour cu police end they investigacion for so informa we lectornan. doctor kelly owing to present at the sitio for so declara the victima dead.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #686 on: June 16, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »

Here is a link to the online news site from which *******'s post came -- the first in my post above.

http://awe24.com/

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #687 on: June 17, 2008, 06:42:44 PM »

Another corpose on the North coast of Aruba.

Quote from: Rob on Today at 03:50:44 PM
——BREAKING NEWS————
AUTORIDAD A HAYA OTRO CURPA NA COSTA NORTE UN POCO MAS PABAO CU AYERA

++++++++++++

authorities have a corpse at the North coast of Aruba

http://awe24.com/  06/17/2008

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #688 on: June 17, 2008, 06:58:48 PM »

More about the post above. Apparently two corpses were found today 06/17/2008.

Quote from: klaasend on Today at 05:13:17 PM
http://www.24ora.com/content/view/5107/5/#jc_allComments

Through translator:

another curpa is wordo achieve at costa

local tuesday, 17 june 2008 - 15:46 tuesday

nightfall at costa of aruba after cu yesterday owing to haja one curpa without life is drief owing to come encontra one another curpa. we can compronde cu have 3 person colombiano cu is perdi of cual probably one of they're the curpa cu owing to wordo haja yesterday. one rato pace one another curpa without life owing to wordo senala in the sercania cu the curpa of yesterday owing to wordo encontra.

Better translation by sandy leiva:

This is saying that at nightfall on the coast another lifeless body was found drifting along side another body (2 more bodies in addition to the first found yesterday) It says we believe these bodies to be of 3 columbian persons. Perhaps one of the gruop found yesterday belong to this group. Corpses had no sign of life.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: June 18, 2008, 01:14:37 AM »

http://news.diario-aruba.com/content/view/3099/30/

OTRO CURPA SIN BIDA HAYA NA COSTANAN PANORT DI ARUBA       
Wednesday, 18 June 2008 

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Tabata diamars atardi cu polis a worde notifica di un curpa cu a drief yega na costanan panort di Aruba. Mesora e unidad di polis cu a sali di Santa Cruz a yega na e lugar y aki a bin topa cu curpa di un ser masculino den estado di descompocision. E dia anterior tambe a haya un curpa y te hasta DIARIO a pone foto di tatuahe cu e homber aki tabata tin na su curpa.

Esaki tabata suficiente pa famianan aparentemente bati alarma na Aruba di un boto cu tres familiar of conocir di nan cu a sali di Colombia pa Aruba. E dianan a pasa y nan conocirnan no a tuma contacto cu nan. Pesey mes nan ta kere cu esnan haya na costa por ta esnan cu a sali for di Colombia.

Kico nan a bin haci na Aruba no ta conoci, pero legalmente parce cu nan no kier a drenta nos isla. E tatuahe riba curpa di e prome morto haya na costa kizas a hunga un rol pa cu e yamada cu a drenta Aruba y cual informacion a yega tambe cerca autoridadnan.

Ora cu a haya e prome curpa DIARIO a busca contacto cu Curacao tambe pa mira si por tin hende perdi, pero a resulta cu esey no tabata e caso.

Na Aruba tambe autoridadnan a pidi cualkier persona local cu falta un familiar pa bati alarma, pero esaki tampoco a sosode te ora cu e informacion a Sali den DIARIO. Esnan biba aki a notifica esnan na Colombia cu a confirma tambe cu e trio a sali pa Aruba. Awor cu a haya dos curpa sin bida falta ainda un persona mas cu ainda no ta conoci si el a logra subi tera sano y salvo of tambe lo ta perdi den e lama bruto banda di barancanan panort di nos isla.

Kizas awor cu e dosnan aki a ser haya morto e di tres por meld su mes sikiera telefonicamente pa asina haya sa cu e ta na bida. Despues cu varios biaha a pone man riba gruponan na costanan pazuid di Aruba, ta keda purba nan suerte, pero na costanan panort cu ta un lama hopi bruto y barancanan peligroso.

Transaccionnan di droga tambe ta drenta na costanan panort di nos isla. Den e caso di e trio cu a sali di Colombia lo haya claridad despues kizas riba nan yegada y nan fayecimento.

Online Pap translation:

come across another curpa without life achieve at costanan panort of aruba

wednesday, 18 june 2008

oranjestad(aan): was tuesday nightfall cu police owing to worde notifica of one curpa cu owing to drief arrive at costanan panort of aruba. at once the unidad of police cu owing to leave of santa cruz owing to arrive at the lugar y here owing to come come across cu curpa of one being masculino in estado of descompocision. the day anterior also owing to achieve one curpa y till even daily paper owing to place photograph of tatuahe cu he here was have at his curpa.

this was sufficient for famianan apparently beat alarma at aruba of one boat cu three familiar or conocir of they cu owing to leave of colombia for aruba. the dianan owing to happen y they conocirnan not did take contacto cu they. pesey self they're believe cu esnan achieve at costa can is esnan cu owing to leave for of colombia.

kico they owing to come haci at aruba do not conoci, but legalmente seems cu they does not owing to enter we island. the tatuahe on curpa of the first dead achieve at costa kizas owing to play one rol for cu the call cu owing to enter aruba y cual informacion owing to arrive also close autoridadnan.

hour cu owing to achieve the first curpa daily paper owing to busca contacto cu curacao also for see if can have person perdi, but owing to resulta cu esey not was the caso.

at aruba also autoridadnan owing to ask cualkier person local cu miss one familiar for beat alarma, but this niether owing to sosode till hour cu the informacion owing to leave in daily paper. esnan live here owing to notifica esnan at colombia cu owing to confirma also cu the trio owing to leave for aruba. now cu owing to achieve two curpa without life miss still one person more cu still do not conoci if past owing to succeed lever ground sano y salvo or also will is perdi in the lama bruto near of barancanan panort of we island.

kizas now cu the dosnan here owing to being achieve dead the of three can meld his self sikiera telefonicamente for so achieve know cu the is at life. after cu several trip owing to place hand on gruponan at costanan pazuid of aruba, is stay try they suerte, but at costanan panort cu is one lama much bruto y barancanan dangerous.

transaccionnan of drugs also is enter at costanan panort of we island. in the caso of the trio cu owing to leave of colombia will achieve claridad after kizas on they arrival y they fayecimento.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #690 on: June 22, 2008, 08:00:48 AM »

Posted by johan555 6/22/2008 on the Natalee discussion thread --

2 girlfriends on Aruba
Robbed on Aruba  while we were sleeping

She  did the door  open and the next moment she cried that my laptop was away. I was shocked me to death and flew out of bed to see what was happening. The tragedy was soon even greater when we saw that not only the laptop was away, but also 2 digital cameras, a video camera and both our bags with portomonnee, badges etc. Of course good on the turns we all call when we thought that it was important. Residential as a first course! Then Maureen, they immediately came to help. The bank and police, we had quickly to the line. Within a quarter of an hour the police was already there and they have put up the report. A few hours later came the technical recherche to fingerprint. At that time we were a little bit of fear and obtain all felt like we were an episode of CSI, haha. Our fingerprints were taken and compared with the corresponding print. One print was not the same, that would be something may be, but good, but we count down anywhere since the 'fingerprint' is very small in Aruba. The rest of the day was a bit of a haze over. We all felt particularly unsafe and were reluctant to take on the night. Today was our end of the front door replaced, since our keys in the bag sat. All residents here at Sunshine were pretty shocked, especially because the thief (s) within just have been while we were sleeping. Everyone is extra vigilant now. When the police can do little and it is still debatable whether we shall get anything at all, because the window was not locked.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #691 on: June 30, 2008, 03:56:55 PM »

This is really interesting wording. I think this was the shooting in December 2007(?) - and that Havana is a nightclub.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_43926.php

2½ Years for the person that pulled the trigger in Havana
28 Jun, 2008, 18:12 (GMT -04:00)

ORANJESTAD – The 21-year old G.W. Anthony that shot a man at Havana, received 2½ years jail. Suspect G.J. Raven went free, due to lack of evidence.

The only evidence came from the mouth of Anthony self, but the judge dismissed that, especially because Anthony has given the police several variant declarations.

The prosecutor assumed that Raven had given Anthony the gun and the two tried to disguise the truth by giving contradictory declarations. Raven’s lawyer requested that his client is acquitted because of this. That he had lied in the beginning is because he was afraid. The judge considered it proven that Anthony had shot the victim R.A. Reid.

This case has caused a lot of commotion in the society, said the judge. The idea is not that people walk around with guns and shoot each other, like in Curacao. The OM has demanded 3 years and the judge gave him 2½, due to his clean record and his age. Anthony lived in the Netherlands at the time of the shooting, where he was going to school. He was in the process of building a successful soccer career.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: July 02, 2008, 06:37:11 PM »

Posted by ******* in the Natalee discussion thread 07/02/2008

young of 16 aÑa abusa sexualmente at POS CHIKITO

wednesday, 02 july 2008 oranjestad(aan): one young of 16 year cu owing to leave marduga for of his cas for bay at his grandmother owing to being abusa sexualmente close of pos diminutive. have one investigacion andando the momentonan here door of jeugd provided that zeden politie for so try place hand on the person responsible for her caso here. as cos is bayendo all cos is indica cu 2008 will become uno record for thing is abusonan sexual cometi on we island. kico is pasando is the question cu have. near of one business conoci where have much movecion of adictonan in oranan of marduga is caminda the caso of abuse sexual did take lugar. the boy of 16 year owing to being grab y not can owing to defende his self at hand of the violador sexual here. police owing to being notifica y at once owing to busca contacto cu the departamento concerni cu is on good caminda for cu the investigacion. the young here was have one telephone cellular cune cual also the abusador sexual owing to succeed descend at water cune. eybanda have enough child is actuate bay school y this can is one danger if in the district here have one abusador so is march rond buscando menornan indefenso for viola.

http://news.diario-aruba.com/content/view/3309/30/

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #693 on: July 10, 2008, 04:42:54 AM »

Another drug bust; 8 people detained.

http://www.awe24.com/   07/10/2008

AUTORIDADNAN A HACI ENTRADA HUDICIAL DEN 2 CAS DEN RANCHOSTRAAT
A DETENE 8 PERSONA, A CONFISCA AUTO CANTIDAD DI DROGA Y VARIOS ARMA

Ultimo tempo, tur biaha cu tende di un of otro problema, e ta bay caba den Ranchostraat, cu a bira e centro di distribucion di droga. Mester bisa cu porfin autoridadnan hudicial a dicidi di haci un entrada hudicial ayera den oranan di merdia, despues di a studia e situacion hopi bon. Manera menciona, 2 cas a resulta di ta centro di distribucion di droga, pero tambe ta cambia tur obhetonan horta p’e droga di bo gusto.

Diaranzon husticia a dicidi di pone un paro n’e accionnan aki, unda a haci entrada hudicial na 2 cas den Ranchostraat. Recientemente mesun tipo di accion a tuma lugar caba den Johan de Witstraat, cu tabata otro centro di distribucion. E team hudicial a aresta un total di 8 persona, homber y muher cu ta Arubiano, Dominicano, Colombiano y por ta di mas nacionalidad.

Polis a confisca un cantidad di droga, e.o. cocaina, marihuana, base, “piedra”, etc. Tambe a dicidi di confisca atributonan pa prepara droga y asina tambe por a mira varios articulo procedente di ladronisia. A confisca auto, a haya arma di candela, esta aki por mira cu e cantidad di ladronisianan cu tin den centro di Oranjestad, ta sosode pa adictonan di droga, y ta horta pa haya droga. Pues un conclusion tin di e accionnan aki, cu aki ta bendemento di droga mes ta bin ta tumando lugar for di e dos casnan aki den Ranchostraat, anto for di basta tempo.

Hasta den plafond tabatin droga warda, pero polis a logra di bay cu nan tambe. Cu e hendenan aki ta sofestica, a keda confirma tambe, con nan tabatin camara chiquito poni pafo, pa nan por controla polis, ki ora cu nan por prepara pa haci un entrada hudicial, pero ayera nan a faya. N’e direccionnan unda polis a haci entrada hudicial, ta famia Quandt ta biba. Y loke a hala nos atencion, t’e hecho cu n’e centro di distibucion di droga, tin masha mucha ta bay pasa dia tambe.

4 Ora di accion tabatin, cu sigur a duna su fruto, y ta di spera cu lo caba cu e centro di distribucion aki. Ta un secreto publico, cu den henter becindad tin un cantidad di traficacion y benta di droga. Ta di spera cu pa algun dia, den e becindad lo tin tranquilidad, maske cu hopi hende ta kere cu e centro di distribucion lo muda awor, maske cu ey banda ta sigui bende droga y un pa otro, nan bingo tambe lo hunga. AWE24.com su reporteronan tabata prome n’e sitio, pa cual nos tin un relato grafico masha amplio.

Online Papiamentu translation:

autoridadnan owing to haci entrance hudicial
in 2 cas in ranchostraat
owing to detene 8 person, owing to confisca car
cantidad of drugs y several arm

ultimo time, all trip cu hear of one or another problem, the is bay end in ranchostraat, cu owing to become the centro of distribucion of drugs. have to tell cu at last autoridadnan hudicial owing to dicidi of haci one entrance hudicial yesterday {07/09/2008} in oranan of afternoon, after of owing to study the situation much good. as menciona, 2 cas owing to resulta of is centro of distribucion of drugs, but also is change all obhetonan steal p’e drugs of you taste.

diaranzon husticia owing to dicidi of place one paro n’e accionnan here, where owing to haci entrance hudicial at 2 cas in ranchostraat. recientemente same type of accion did take lugar end in johan de witstraat, cu was another centro of distribucion. the team hudicial owing to aresta one overall of 8 person, man y muher cu is aruban, dominicano, colombiano y can is of more nacionalidad.

police owing to confisca one cantidad of drugs, e.o. cocaina, marihuana, base, “piedra”, etc. also owing to dicidi of confisca atributonan for prepara drugs y so also can owing to see several articulo procedente of ladronisia. owing to confisca car, owing to achieve arm of candela, esta here can see cu the cantidad of ladronisianan cu have in centro of oranjestad, is sosode for adictonan of drugs, y is steal for achieve drugs. then one conclusion have of the accionnan here, cu here is bendemento of drugs self is come is tumando lugar for of the two casnan here in ranchostraat, then for of enough time.

even in plafond had drugs keep, but police owing to succeed of bay cu they also. cu the hendenan here is sofestica, owing to stay confirma also, con they had camara chiquito poni pafo, for they can controla police, when cu they can prepara for haci one entrance hudicial, but yesterday they owing to abort. n’e direccionnan where police owing to haci entrance hudicial, is family quandt live. y thing owing to wing we atencion, t’e mature cu n’e centro of distibucion of drugs, have very child is bay happen day also. {??}

4 hour of accion had, cu assure owing to give his fruto, y is of wait for cu will end cu the centro of distribucion here. is one secreto publico, cu in all becindad have one cantidad of traficacion y throw of drugs. is of wait for cu for some day, in the becindad will have tranquilidad, although cu much person is believe cu the centro of distribucion will muda now, although cu ey near is follow sell drugs y one for another, they bingo also will play. {??}  awe24.com his reporteronan was first n’e sitio, for cual we have one relato grafico very amplio.

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #694 on: July 10, 2008, 07:01:53 AM »

Police woman(28) Killed by man (49)from Aruba  in Amsterdam

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraaf.nl%2Fbinnenland%2F1460980%2F__Agente__28__doodgeschoten__.html%3Fp%3D2%2C1&hl=nl&ie=UTF8&sl=nl&tl=en

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #695 on: July 10, 2008, 07:10:09 AM »

Thanks johan for posting that.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: July 10, 2008, 07:25:43 AM »

mrskub posted this update to the shooting of a police officer in Holland. Perp is said to be from Aruba.

Policewoman shot dead (update)

Thursday 10 July 2008

The police officer shot dead in Amstelveen on Wednesday night has been identified as 28-year-old Gabriëlle Cevat, news agency ANP said on Thursday. A 49-year-old man from Amsterdam has been arrested in connection with the shooting.

Amsterdam police chief Bernard Welten said her station was extremely shocked by the death and sent his condolences to friends and family. Her partner is also a police officer.

According to ANP, the Cevat was in plain clothes and driving to a police station in Amsterdam Noord for her night shift when she noticed a BMW driving erratically. She alerted her colleagues and drove after the car.

The car stopped in the Piet de Winterlaan in Amstelveen. The police officer got out and identified herself to the driver who shot her once in her upper body. He fled into a nearby house. The three teenagers who were home escaped through a window. Cevat died later in hospital.

The suspect was involved in another incident in Amstelveen earlier in the evening during which shots were fired at a door, ANP reports. The man is reportedly known to the police and has a criminal record for sex and violent crimes.

The shooting is the sixth death of a police officer in active service since 1977 and the first since 2004.

© DutchNews.nl

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/07/police_officer_shot_dead_in_am.php

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #697 on: July 14, 2008, 07:17:03 AM »

http://news.diario-aruba.com/

Sorry I can't shed any light on what specifically happened in these two incidents. Any help out there?

Candela den madruga! SITUACION DI BIBA PA STRANHERONAN DEN BOLIVIASTRAAT POR POCO A CAUSA NAN MORTO 

Monday, 14 July 2008 

ORANJESTAD (AAN): Diasabra marduga un candela a bin como sorpresa riba esnan cu ta habita un cas den Boliviastraat. Yamadanan a cuminza drenta na Central di Polis como tambe Centro di Alarma.

Ora cu dos unidad di Polis a yega na e adres, ya Bomberonan tabatey, y a mira cu e candela ta hopi avanza! Ya caba e “lenganan di candela” tabata sali for di e daknan parti pabao di e vivienda mes.

DIARIO ta papia aki di “daknan”, debi cu aki ta trata di diferente hoki, unda varios persona ta residencia, entre nan esnan di nacionalidad Haitiano, Dominicano y algun Colombiano.

Debi cu ta costumber cu e hendenan aki ta biba practicamente “riba otro”, e bomberonan a haya na mes cu hopi obstaculonan manera stulnan montona riba otro y den caminda, mesa mey-mey di gang, y asina por menciona.

Bomberonan mester a hala cada uno di e obstaculonan aki, prome cu a yega e curazon di e candela. Pero mientras tanto e candela a sigui crece.

Sinembargo, danki na e bon trabao y e forma di atake, a duna espacio cu e candela a worde domina pa asina e no por a sigui expande.

DIARIO a nota, cu pafo di e cas mes, por a wak diferente boter di gas den dos pa tres tamaño y cu tabata paden di e hokinan. Imaginabo si acaso no a logra na saca e boternan aki na tempo y a surgi un explosion. Ta cuanto persona por a perde nan bida y entre otro e bomberonan. Bombero y autoridad a haci evacuacion di esnan cu ta biba den e hokinan y danki Dios no tabata tin ningun herido.

Online Pap translation:

candela in madruga! situation of live for stranheronan in boliviastraat can some owing to cause they dead

monday, 14 july 2008

oranjestad (aan): saturday marduga one candela owing to come because; surprise on esnan cu is habita one cas in boliviastraat. yamadanan owing to cuminza enter at central of police because; also centro of alarma.

hour cu two unidad of police owing to arrive at the adres, already bomberonan tabatey, y owing to see cu the candela is much avanza! already end the “lenganan of candela” was leave for of the daknan part pabao of the vivienda self.

daily paper is talk here of “daknan”, debi cu here is deal of various hoki, where several person is residencia, among they esnan of nacionalidad haitiano, dominicano y some colombiano.

debi cu is costumber cu the hendenan here live practicamente “riba otro”, the bomberonan owing to achieve at self cu much obstaculonan as stulnan montona on another y in caminda, table mey-mey of gang, y so can menciona.

bomberonan have to owing to wing cada uno of the obstaculonan here, first cu owing to arrive the curazon of the candela. but all the time the candela owing to follow crece.

sinembargo, thanks at the good trabao y the form of atake, owing to give espacio cu the candela owing to worde domina for so the not can owing to follow expande.

daily paper owing to notice, cu pafo of the cas self, can owing to look at various boter of gas in two for three bulk y cu was inside of the hokinan. imaginabo if acaso not owing to succeed at saca the boternan here at time y owing to surgi one explosion. is cuanto person can owing to lose they life y among another the bomberonan. bombero y autoridad owing to haci evacuacion of esnan cu live in the hokinan y thanks god not was have none herido.

POLIS A HAYA NAN TA ESCOLTA EX-PRESO BANDONANDO ARUBA 

Monday, 14 July 2008 

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Gangnan di Sta Cruz kier elimina otro y pa Rudy Croes no tin criminalidad.......Menaza serio cu arma di candela den weekend na Santa Cruz ......

Pa Rudy Croes e puesto como Minister di Husticia, ta parce di ta mas bien uno di “leisure and vacation’. Te awe tur hende ta sufriendo pa e cantidad di ladronicia y armanan di candela ilegal cu tin riba caya.

Den fin di siman un biaha mas tabata menazanan serio practicamente den porta di oficina di Rudy Croes na Santa Cruz.

Algun luna pasa tabata tin un caso serio di tiramento entre dos grupo unda castigo a cay tambe. Den mesun caso na Macuarima cerca di centro di husticia tabata tin dos hende cu a resulta herida cu bala di arma di candela.

E situacion a bay for di man unda despues di detencion algun di esnan amigo of famia di e victimanan a drenta warda di polis y kima auto confisca den e caso aki.

Parce cu algun di esnan cu a cay sera pa e casonan aki ya caba ta liber. Esey ta motibo tambe pa e menazanan sigui. Mientras cu mayornan di e hoben Thiel tabata wardando salida din an yiu for di prison e prome menazanan a cuminsa cay.
E fin di siman aki e hoben Gomez kende tambe tin famia sera den e caso aki a bay te na cas di Thiel cu a caba di sinta su castigo y tira piedra riba cas.

Mayornan a bati na mas cu un occasion un biaha mas na warda di polis na Santa Cruz pa asina notifica autoridad di loke ta pasando. Informacion extra official ta bisa cu te hasta a tira riba e cas na Warawara unda e hoben Thiel ta biba. Gomez a laga sa cu Thiel lo no logra bandona Aruba pasobra nan lo likide.

Polis tabata den un alerta y su mayornan tabata den contacto constant cu polis. Ora cu a yega e momento di bay aeropuerto polis di Sta Cruz a bay na e cas na Warawara y asina acompaña e hoben y su famia pa aeropuerto.

Na aeropuerto tabata tey polis di grensbewaking cu a ricibi nan pafor. A acompaña e hoben Thiel pa check-in y despues cu famia a bise ayo na entrada di inmigracion e polis di grensbewaking a bay cune te den sala di espera prome cu e subi avion.
Pafor polis tambe a keda vigila e situacion.

Autoridadnan tin bista riba e otro grupo cu parce keto bay ta buscando problema y no kier pone fin na e pleitamento aki. Kizas nan tambe kier bay KIA lubidando cu bo libertad bal hopi. Si nan busca un estudio pa nan futuro ta hopi mihor pa nan mes, pero parce cu esaki no ta na nan interes tampoco. Riba e fotonan por mira e momento cu polis tabata escolta e hoben Thiel cu tabata bandonando Aruba diamars atardi.

Online Pap translation:

police owing to achieve they're escolta ex-preso bandonando aruba

monday, 14 july 2008

oranjestad(aan): gangnan of sta cruz wanted elimina another y for rudy croes not have criminalidad.......menaza earnest cu arm of candela in weekend at santa cruz ......

for rudy croes the function because; minister of husticia, is seems of is more bien uno of “leisure and vacation’. till today everybody is sufriendo for her cantidad of ladronicia y armanan of candela ilegal cu have on caya.

in end of week once more was menazanan earnest practicamente in door of office of rudy croes at santa cruz.

some month happen was have one caso earnest of tiramento among two are where castigo owing to cay also. in same caso at macuarima close of centro of husticia was have two person cu owing to resulta injury cu ball of arm of candela.

the situation owing to bay for of hand where after of detencion some of esnan amigo or family of the victimanan owing to enter keep of police y burn car confisca in the caso here.

seems cu some of esnan cu owing to cay close for her casonan here already end is pound. esey is motibo also for her menazanan follow. while cu parents of the young thiel was wardando exit din an child for of jail the first menazanan owing to cuminsa cay.

the end of week here the young gomez that also have family close in the caso here owing to bay till at home of thiel cu owing to end of sit his castigo y throw stone on cas.

parents owing to beat at more cu one occasion once more at keep of police at santa cruz for so notifica autoridad of thing is pasando. informacion extra official is tell cu till even owing to throw on the cas at warawara where the young thiel live. gomez owing to let know cu thiel will not succeed bandona aruba because they will likide.

police was in one alerta y his parents was in contacto constant cu police. hour cu owing to arrive the instant of bay aeropuerto police of sta cruz owing to bay at the cas at warawara y so acompaña the young y his family for aeropuerto.

at aeropuerto was tey police of grensbewaking cu owing to ricibi they abroad. owing to acompaña the young thiel for check-in y after cu family owing to bise good-bye at entrance of inmigracion the police of grensbewaking owing to bay cune till in sitting-room of espera first cu the lever plane. abroad police also owing to stay vigila the situation.

autoridadnan have view on the another are cu seems keto bay is buscando problem y does not place end at the pleitamento here. kizas they also wanted bay kia lubidando cu do you freedom be worth much. if they busca one study for they future is much mihor for they self, but seems cu this do not at they interest niether. on the fotonan can see the instant cu police was escolta the young thiel cu was bandonando aruba tuesday nightfall.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #698 on: July 20, 2008, 10:23:44 AM »

Destiny posted this 07/20/2008 on the Natalee thread:

« Reply #429 on: Today at 12:41:06 AM 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MsMARPLE...

Re: your email last week...have made a lot of phone calls to ALE and other Depts...RE: reporting of crimes on Aruba....MsMarple...You are 100% CORRECT!!!

The stats a *wayyyyyyy* off...and the Dept's and agencies I called are now saying..."they do not have the authority to give that info out...or..they just plain say they don't know...but...the people I call...spend a boat load of my time trying to find out who told me to call them...

ALSO...if you check back on *online* newspaper stats...Diario is the one I track the most...the *Police Reports* sections are getting sometimes days behind and mostly only a very few reports released to the print media by the ALE DEPTS...Yep You are Right On...I'll give you a few phone numbers if you want to call them re: this new phenomenon

I call it...the reigning political party has now, in some way established *semi* control of the press....

Destiny...signing back off.....

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: July 20, 2008, 10:28:55 AM »

Buckeye posted these on the Natalee thread 07/20/2008:

msmarples

Do you have this from 5/23/2008:

Aruba does have problems. We have been going there for 27 years, purchased a house 4 years ago at Tierra del sol. We spend holidays there every year. We had a home invasion this year, and we are in a "gated" community. It took the police 8 days to respond, but I believe they were honest when they told us, home invasions are not unusual in that area. The insurance adjuster told the same story. So if you buy a house in Aruba and only live it in part of the time, do not leave anything of value, such a power tools, camera, computers etc. It may be one "happy island" but it is not one "safe" island.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f34/aruba-has-problems-30696/index5.html

msmarple

Not a crime, but scarey:

5/2008 from Med School student:

IMG, you are not adequately fearful. Before you arrived, there were regular maulings of Aruban citizens by unleashed dogs. The stories always got into the main papers, but we never read about it because the main papers are in Papiamento. We found out only through students who are locals.

Where I live, in Punto in Tanki Leendert, a pack of six dogs, all belonging to owners along one street, will not allow anyone to pass at night, and will occasionally challenge people during the day. I cannot even get to that street because the dogs on my block will not let me by. I once saw the pack take a man off his bicycle and maul him until the owners came out and called them off.

Ask the night security guard how he was attacked by a pack of dogs while on his motorbike on his way to school.

I inquired of the locals about this problem. There is a leash law, but it is not enforced because the Keystone Cops who run this place don't want to alienate the voters, most of whom use unleased dogs as burglar alarms which bark all night whenever a grasshopper passes by. The gendarmes prefer to spend their time doing roadside traffic checks, where they don't have to move much and can make students late for class.

http://www.valuemd.com/xavier-university-school-medicine-aruba/156301-dogs-aruba.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.