March 29, 2024, 01:49:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Murder and Crime Rate In Aruba  (Read 4740078 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #720 on: October 14, 2008, 10:21:23 PM »

texasmom - Thank you so much; great job.

Re. "criteria" - I just try to get a date, to help with chronology, and a source -- otherwise someone (you know who all they are) will accuse us of making up this stuff.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: October 14, 2008, 10:30:10 PM »

johan555 posted this in the Natalee discussion thread 10/14/2008:

curlylaura (said):
I just spoke with hubby from Aruba. He is staying at the Marriott and playing at the Radisson in Poker tour. For past 2 nights he is walking from Radisson to Marriott by the boardwalk up to Moomba and then over to Marriott. He saw 4 guys approaching various couples offering them drugs etc etc....Last night he happened to pass by when they approached a young couple and asked them and they said no and got aggressive, hubby said the woman was very scared, hubby went up to them and said leave them alone, they approached him and then he got aggressive with them back! they backed off!!!! Holy Cow I am freaking out!!!! I told him to please please please go to the police station as he observed this for the past 2 nights. I ORDERED him to take a cab to the hotel and not walk there too late after his game. What the heck is going on where are the cops???? I am not bashing Aruba but something has to be done. I am sure he is going to let the police know and I hope they monitor that area  Sad

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62758&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: October 21, 2008, 02:15:46 PM »

johan555 posted this in the Marlies van der Kouwe thread, I think on Page 27.

Marlies was abducted from her bicycle on 10/20/2008; her body was found 10/16. (Several have been arrested.)

I point out and emphasize that this happened on the island of Bonaire, not Aruba. But this is so appalling - and so same old, same old ...

Piero Cecilia, an operator at WEB {Water and Electricity Company} ... saw Marlies for the last time, along with two of his colleagues.

Cecilia Piero has once again night, as he Thursday night with a polishing cloth in his pocket to the reception is. Actually he does not want to talk, but the story about him high. "The girl had perhaps lived, as there was direct intervention," he says. The company is surrounded by a high fence, he indicates where he was, in a container. "I saw her bike and the man with a black pull off her scooter. He stood over her. I heard her scream three times, very muted: aaaa! I immediately called my colleagues there. This was not normal."

With his three - with his colleagues and Charles Tillman lasco Chamok - she ran to the fence, and she screamed at the man. "He wore a dark jacket, but there was not much light. I immediately caught my portable radio, and the central call me directly with the police to undertake." In retrospect that was exactly 01.25 hours. "The girl was hanging limp at all, with her long blonde her aside. He loved her before him on the scooter and drove away at high speed. to that  the hill. The police came only after 20 minutes, but had no interest . They put  the bicycle in the grass on the side of the road and drove away . They found it not strange. "

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: October 22, 2008, 07:40:36 PM »

We already have this item (it is included in the Summary), but johan555 found this, which may be more detailed that what we previously had. johan555 posted it 10/22/2008 on the Natalee thread.

Another Attempted Rape Case On Aruba IN THE AREA OF THE FISHERMAN HUTS

From 8/22/06 Diario

Short and sweet

A 36 ye old British woman with the B.J.L.B. reported an attempted "violation" upon her person at about 8:15 am Monday morning by a man of 5' 9" height, grey eyes and brown hair. The woman was able to fight off the purported attacker and told the police that in the struggle she had marked the mans face with scratches.
THIS IS REPORTED TO HAVE OCCURED IN THE AREA OF THE FISHERMAN HUTS.

Diario is calling on the people at the High Rise hotel - some who claim to have heard and or seen the attack to come forward with information to avoid another story that could harm tourism.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #724 on: October 28, 2008, 12:48:49 AM »

MsMarple,
I'm not sure what this says...but I think someone hurt her.  If I have misinterpreted, please ask a mod to remove it.
Thanks,
TM

10/24/08 Awe Mainta

http://www.awemainta.com/

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: October 28, 2008, 12:55:00 AM »

10/27/08 Awe Mainta

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: October 28, 2008, 12:58:24 AM »

10/27/08 Awe Mainta

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: October 28, 2008, 01:01:16 AM »

10/27/08 Awe Mainta

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: October 28, 2008, 01:05:44 AM »

10/25/08 Awe Mainta

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: October 28, 2008, 01:08:10 AM »

10/25/08
Awe Mainta

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: October 28, 2008, 01:11:03 AM »

10/25/08 Awe Mainta

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: October 28, 2008, 01:15:27 AM »

10/25/08 Awe Mainta

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: October 28, 2008, 01:18:45 AM »

10/28/08 Awe Mainta Front Page

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: October 28, 2008, 01:21:06 AM »

10/28/08 Awe Mainta

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: October 29, 2008, 01:59:22 AM »

10/28/08 Awe Mainta Front Page

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_48538.php
translated version:
Kilo intercepted 200 drug
October 28, 2008, 15:20 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - The Coast Guard and the Customs yesterday afternoon have a colorful fishing done drugs. Rita 2 on the boat coming from Colombia is there, except 650 pounds of fish, including over 200 kilos of cocaine and marijuana were found.

The drugs were carefully packed in brightly colored plastic. Since the weekend the Coast Guard boat was closely watched because it suspected that illegal goods on board would be in addition to the usual cargo of fish that normally the boat from Colombia to our island transports. The authorities were informed in advance and were already ready for a raid on the Rita 2, before it was in port purposes. There are over 200 bales found that all drugs have been seized. The seven crew members were arrested. Studies have shown that party for whom drug use.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: October 29, 2008, 02:10:58 AM »

10/28/08 Awe Mainta

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_48537.php

translated version:

Five persons arrested for millions robbery
October 28, 2008, 15:18 (GMT -04:00)

The police yesterday held an emergency press conference where they announced that five people were arrested and some of the nearly 3 million florin rightly that two weeks ago from a money truck was stolen. 
ORANGE CITY - Five people were arrested in the case where two weeks ago, nearly 3 million florin money from a truck of Aruba Armored Transfer in broad daylight was stolen.  A portion of the stolen money is right now.

How much money is found, wanted the police yesterday not lost, except that the money from the robbery is concerned. "It is a substantial amount", was the only thing Captain Robert Candelaria wanted to tell about it. The police have five persons EMM (37) GID v. H. (29), LAK (27), RDM (47), GRAR (32) during raids in three houses held. The money was buried in the global at one of the houses found. All suspects are Arubans. The police does not rule out that more people in a million robbery are held.
It is the Corps everything matter to the matter as soon as possible, let Candelaria know. "It is one of the biggest things that the Corps has experienced in a long time. We have in recent weeks practically worked around the clock. "The investigation team consists twelve investigators who, as now appears, quite a few tips have been given.
The main question or the suspects are employees of the security Aruba Armored Transfer of persons in a different way with the company might be connected, remained unanswered yesterday. "The puzzle is not yet complete. These pieces have yet to be completed and therefore I do not go in, "said Candelaria.
A source within the Corps confirmed earlier Amigoe that the doors of the money truck with a key opens. Whether it really is an inside job continues as various media speculated, it was not clear yesterday. According to the Superintendent of the robbery, the thieves are well planned. "There are no indications that there were weapons in the game. ” If you do not need weapons, it can only happen if something really good is planned. "

The two runners money that the robbery had discovered, were not arrested. The money from the American bank HSBC. On October 16 it was picked up at the branches of Aruba Bank and CMB in the Caya Betico Croes then be delivered to the airport for transport to the United States. During the unloading, discovered the money runners that 1.6 million dollars was missing.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #736 on: November 01, 2008, 03:07:54 PM »

Default  Beware Rental car stolen
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 09:29 AM
Just a note to everyone that our neighbor had their rental car stolen last
night. It was parked outside their house and locked. It was a Yaris.
Please take care to make sure if you rent a car that they cover stolen
cars. They went outside their house around 7am and it was gone.
They called the rental agency and they told them to call the police
who advised them that they will be around the house around 11am.

I'll keep you updated. But careful - this was in a good neighborhood
and a well lit street

++++++++++

Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Apparently Toyota Yaris is a very popular car on the island.
While we were staying at our timeshare last December at the Paradise Beach Villas, one of the guests had the wheels stolen off of the Toyota Yaris they had rented.
Because their room was close to the street, they parked the car just off the street between La Cabana and the Paradise Beach Villas.
While I was there I made it a habit to park my rented Toyota Yaris in the front parking lot, at the main entrance to Paradise Beach Villas, where security patrols and where it's close to the check-in desk.
It would be adviseable to ensure that rental cars are parked in the most secured places overnight.

+++++++++
 Seems like a scam, read the rest here.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:hJIhcf1bseMJ:bb.visitaruba.com/f2/beware-rental-car-stolen-10185/+stolen+aruba&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #737 on: November 01, 2008, 03:19:04 PM »

Lost/Stolen Camera: Radisson Aug 16
09-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi everyone,
I recently got back from a friend's wedding in Aruba. As you might expect, it was amazing! It was my first trip and I wish I had an opportunity to read this board BEFORE I went, but...better late than never right?

Unfortunately, I had two unsettling experiences while in Aruba, both of which occurred at the Radisson. The most upsetting was that that my camera, filled with wedding photos, was "lost".

Do you have any advice on what I can do?

I know I did not "misplace" it. We have checked with all members of the wedding to ensure they didn't accidentally pack it up and have continuously checked with the hotel, but it is no where to be found.

I am absolutely positive I had it on Sunday, August 17 at Gilligans during lunch. We left and went to join others in our group at the beach (hut #123). After leaving the beach 3 hours later, the camera was gone. The only two options are that it was taken from my bag on the beach or I left it on the table at Gilligans and it was taken from there. Either way, I'm devestated.

Since I am new to the Aruban way of life, are there any known places I should look. When this happens, do people tend to try and re-sell it? pawn it?
I tried looking at internet swapshops for Aruba, but came up empty. I would do anything to just get the memory card back. They can keep the camera!!!

Thanks for any advice you have. I am just so sad that the photos are gone. It put a damper on the whole trip and even now, I'm still scrambling to think of a way to find it...

Thanks,
Maggie

+++++++++++++
09-09-2008, 10:33 PM
sorry to hear of the loss of the camera
such disappontment!
check out the link provided from a person who lost a camera and the suggestions offered.

i too had my camera taken at a restaurant in aruba.

i went to the ladies room, the wait person cleared the table while i was gone.
My camera mysteriously was cleared along with the dirty dishes etc.... AND my husband was sitting right there. No camera to be found.

andrea
Lost Digital Camera at Radisson Aug. 24th, 2008
+++++++++++++++

My camera was also stolen...
09-17-2008, 02:23 PM

Our entire trip went well except for one incident. After we came back from a boat trip, we were sorting our wet clothes and towels from our snorkeling bag when I noticed that my camera bag was wet. My wife left my camera bag out on our front table to dry. We both forgot to take the camera bag into the room for the night. The next morning, the camera bag was gone along with all of the contents valued over $4,500. I called the police and made a theft report. There were video cameras on the outside of our complex but they were not working. I did notice that the garbage cans had been emptied in the early morning hours and I told the police that if I were investigating this theft, I would contact the garbage company and talk to the driver. They stated that they could not question anyone without proof - my response to them was, "If you don't question them, how do you get proof". After they made the report, I told them that I would investigate the theft myself. (I am a Lieutenant of Police in the States).

I called the garbage company and spoke with the supervisor. I explained that my camera had been stolen and that I was now reviewing video surveillance tapes of the area (They did not know the cameras were not working) and it seems that there driver was involved. I told her that if the camera was returned to me that I would not pursue the complaint with the courts. I told her to talk to the driver on the garbage route and to look in his truck for a camera bag. During the course of the next several hours, she called me 8 times to enquire about the video tapes. Eventually, I told her the police had the video tapes as evidence and that my offer still stands.

About four hours after I initially called the garbage company, my camera was returned to me with all of the contents. The bottom line is that my camera was returned back to me but I did lose confidence in the response from the police because according to them, the only thing that could be done was to file a report.

This incident occurred at the Sunset Beach Apartments up near the lighthouse.

Despite this incident, we still had a great time.

The bottom line is.....don't make a foolish mistake like we did. Make sure that all of your belongs are safely secured. If you do become a victim of a crime, make sure to report it to the POLICE so there is an official record of the incident.

Regards,
David

http://tinyurl.com/59choq

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: November 01, 2008, 03:22:01 PM »

Hi lostcameraNY,

10-12-2008, 04:42 PM

Sorry to hear about your camera. I just came across your post and wanted to comment on part of what you said:

I also experienced a night where the couple next door was extremely intoxicated and there was glass shattered, walls punched and damaged, etc. It was a loud, crazy night. Security said it was the first incident of the year liek this, and I guess I believe him, but after my camera being "stolen" and the chaos outside my room in the middle of the night, I guess I'm going to have to be a bit more careful when I return!

My sister and brother-in-law were the couple in the next room, visiting Aruba on their honeymoon. They were not intoxicated, or at least not voluntarily - they had been drugged by two local men who had started chatting with them at a restaurant bar outside the resort, and then slipped something (probably GHB) into their drinks. When they started to feel ill and left to go back to the hotel, one of the men followed them to their room and tried to rape my sister. What you heard was my brother-in-law fighting her attacker off (thank god, before he was able to hurt her).

The hotel knows what really happened but seemed primarily interested in keeping things quiet (which is supported by security telling you they were just intoxicated). And while the security guy told you that this was the first such incident of the year, he told my sister and brother-in-law that "this sort of thing happens all the time" - i.e, druggings - so you be the judge.

Please be careful in Aruba.

Julie

http://tinyurl.com/59choq

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: November 01, 2008, 03:31:10 PM »

If my above posts are not suitable for this thread please feel free to remove them. They are not crime of a violent nature but more so petty crime. This type of crime is very much on the rise in Aruba.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.