March 28, 2024, 11:44:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Murder and Crime Rate In Aruba  (Read 4739780 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2006, 10:17:55 AM »

Posted by MF a FOB - says the statistics can be found at the library in Aruba:

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2006, 10:23:01 AM »

Klaas - Thanks for your post. Interesting; our count seems to tally with theirs, although of course Natalee probably isn't among the victims.

Here is the full Amigoe article.

http://www.amigoe.com/english/  09/03/2005

Police: “We do provide statistics.”  

The police do indeed provide criminal statistics each year regarding Aruba, according to police chief Ronny Bernadina, reacting to statements from the Ministry of Justice.

ORANJESTAD – The Aruba Police Corps (KPA) publishes figures every year regarding all calls that come in asking for police assistance. Statements that the police rarely offer any statistics are therefore completely unjust, police chief Ronny Bernadina wrote in response to the statement made by a Justice coworker earlier in the Amigoe.  

In a press release Bernadina announced that, “The KPA has learned that an article was recently published in one of the local papers saying the police rarely provide any crime statistics.” The police chief alludes to the declarations made by Silvio Lopez, employed by the Ministry of Justice. Lopez said the police are often asked for figures, but that they are rarely able to provide them. The Ministry therefore used statistics provided by the District Attorney (OM) in an advertisement that claimed the criminality on Aruba was dropping. The advertisement was placed in various newspapers. After the KPA was informed of the ad, discussions followed, as the statistics used in the advertisement were lower than what the police have recorded.  

Bernadina confirmed the difference in the numbers between the OM and the police. He agrees with the OM’s explanation that the police are involved with far more incidents than are eventually reported and registered with the OM. Every year the police corps publishes a summary which includes figures for crimes and petty offenses. The results are widely dispersed among the various government ministries and regulatory bodies. International organizations like Interpol, also receive copies. Even the National Library gets a copy, which students can use for their projects and studies, according to Bernadina.  

This year KPA produced a mid year report in June, but these figures are only available for internal use.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2006, 10:24:49 AM »

No 2005 suicides of "jumping" (as in off of a building) ... ???

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2006, 11:22:59 AM »

Around the time of the beheading/machete I suppose they are calling it, we were told there were no crime stats because crime was so low in Aruba.  

So now we find that there actually are statistics despite being told to the contrary.  And they reflect the very high crime rate so what's this business about low crime in Aruba, a safe place, One Happy Island?  Guess any more murders in 2006 will have to be counted as suicides, natural causes, etc. or they might break their own record of a whopping 8 in one year.

So "one murder in the last twenty years"?  Hardly.   Confused Tourist have the right to know the truth without having to go to the public library to find the information before visiting.  How about a new slogan for Aruba--Come to Aruba Where The Crime Rate Is Higher Than In the U.S.?

Also I would be very interested to know how Max deVries was counted since many in Aruba cling to the lie that it was an insurance scam.  How about Bud Larson?  Do they just vanish from the stats the way they did from the face of the earth in Aruba?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: October 04, 2006, 10:22:02 PM »

Posted by lowsw on LCD 10/04/2006:

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supposedly there was another girl that went missing in Aruba in Mar 2006. Her name was Lucila Dirksz.

Here is the link to the Solodipueblo article on the missing girl. Article is first one on Page 3.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:XV8WOiM4go8J:www.solodipueblo.com/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_docman%26task%3Ddoc_download%26gid%3D367%26Itemid%3D2+%22benita+valdez%22+aruba&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&ie=UTF-8

If anyone can translate, it would be interesting to see what was said and if it mentions whether the Aruban LE/police have done anything to help the family.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2006, 10:25:49 PM »

Posted by Klaas at LCD 10/04/2006:

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lowsw - I think I remember that this girl did turn up. There was a young male that went missing as well this year. His family was really angry because ALE wouldn't help them.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2006, 10:08:11 PM »

Posted by SunFreak2 on LCD --

Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject:    
Here's another suspicious death...
Be Careful, Even in Paradise! - Asylum Forums
Mystery in paradise

By Mitchell Zuckoff, Globe Staff, 11/19/2000

RANJESTAD, Aruba - The balconies at the Wyndham Aruba hotel are small and private. They have high steel railings that curve inward at the top, for safety.

After a day of sun and rum, Renee and Roy Tiano of Framingham went to their room on the hotel's 12th floor.

Married for four years, the parents of two small children, Renee and Roy left their bathing suits on the floor near the bathroom. It was a warm March night; a three-quarter moon rose in a clear Caribbean sky. They went naked onto the balcony.

Minutes later, without a sound, Renee went over the railing, falling 80 feet to her death on a ballroom roof.

A witness called the hotel operator. Ten minutes passed. Then Roy called the hotel operator.

Later that night, Roy told Aruban police that Renee had felt ill, so he left the balcony to get her a glass of water. He said he heard a noise, turned around, and she was gone.

Aruban police quickly ruled out suicide and declared Renee's death an accident, never revealing the basis for that finding.

Eight months later, Renee Kennedy Tiano's family remains tortured by questions, tormented by suspicion.

''I've got good reason to believe my brother-in-law's story isn't true,'' said her brother, Michael Kennedy of Hopkinton. ''It's either not true or not complete. I want the truth.''

Why, her family wonders, did Roy wait 10 minutes to seek help, and how did he spend that time? Why did police find no fingerprints on the railing? Why did Roy rush to get off the island, leaving Renee's body behind? Why did Roy refuse to allow an autopsy in Massachusetts? Why wouldn't he talk with the FBI? Were Aruban officials more concerned about tourism than justice?

In a brief telephone interview, Roy provided no answers. ''What do you mean you want to hear my side?'' he said. ''She fell off the [expletive] balcony. What more is there to it?'' Then he hung up the phone.

But there might well be more to it.

Unbeknownst to Renee's family, Aruban authorities and FBI agents who came to the island formed a disturbing theory about how she died.

It is a theory that does not answer all the questions. But it does challenge Roy's story about getting her a glass of water. Instead, it places him at the railing with Renee when she fell.

The theory is based on clues from none other than Renee herself - from her appearance in a hotel security video taken minutes before she fell and from telling marks on her body. It also fits an odd comment Roy made to one of Renee's brothers.

And yet, US and Aruban authorities have tried to bury the theory along with Renee. Despite pleas from family members for information, no official of either government has ever told them about their theory. The family first heard it from a Globe reporter.

Athlete, bodybuilder
Renee was 32, with a big smile and bright blue eyes. People who loved her say she was happy and outgoing. A family video taken two weeks before she died shows her turning cartwheels in the backyard of her parents' Dedham home.
She had asthma but was an athlete nonetheless, running track and starring on Dedham High School's field hockey team. After high school, Renee attended Mitchell Community College in New London, Conn., then Southeastern Massachusetts University.

She was working as an office manager at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge when she met Roy.

It was 1993, and she was sharing a Waltham apartment with her cousin and best friend, Donna MacInnes. Renee had become a bodybuilder, sculpting her 5-foot-8-inch form at the World Gym in Waltham.

Roy, now 40, was a World Gym regular, too. Thickly muscled, 5-feet-9, a Waltham native, he ran his own plastering business.

''When they first met he gave her a lot of attention, fed her ego, said all the right things,'' MacInnes recalled. ''He was very affectionate towards her, almost to the point where it was inappropriate. She was embarrassed by him sometimes.''

Soon after they met, Roy made plans to open a gym in Florida. They moved to Fort Lauderdale with help from the oldest of Renee's three brothers, Edward Kennedy. He found it odd that their apartment was on an upper floor of a high-rise; Renee was afraid of heights, he said, and during his visit would not go out on the balcony.

The gym plan fizzled after several months and they returned to Massachusetts, to live in the basement of Renee's parents' home before buying a ranch-style house in Framingham. In September 1995, Renee's parents threw them a lavish wedding at Lombardo's in Randolph.

In February 1998, Renee gave birth to a son, Brandon; their daughter Katrena followed 181/2 months later. ''She was so happy,'' MacInnes said. ''She had her boy and her girl.''

Friends and family say the couple had problems typical of young families: financial pressures when Renee became a full-time mother, arguments over Roy's lack of involvement in child care, and Roy's displeasure at the weight Renee gained during pregnancy.

Last winter took a toll, though, as the whole family fell ill with pneumonia. By spring, Renee and Roy needed a vacation.

`One Happy Island'
In early March, Roy made plans for a three-night trip to Aruba, where 400,000 Americans flock each year for its 80-degree days, turquoise water, and self-proclaimed reputation as ''One Happy Island.'' Renee's parents eagerly agreed to care for the children.

They arrived on Thursday, March 23, and went quickly to the business of relaxing, dining, and drinking at the hotel's bars and restaurants. That first night they ran into one of Renee's closest friends, Sandra Parent, who has a time-share apartment on the island.

''She was her usual happy self,'' Parent recalled. ''She invited me to come meet her at the pool the next day. I said, `You want to be with your honey, and I don't want to be in the middle of two people kissing.' She blushed like a new bride.''

The next day, Roy and Renee had a breakfast buffet, then hit the beach.

''After that we visited several hotels,'' Roy said in his statement to police. ''The whole day we drank rum runners,'' a sweet yet potent mix of rum, blackberry brandy, and banana liqueur. In Roy's words, ''We became drunk.''

They walked a mile on the white sand of Aruba's Palm Beach, past surf shops and hawkers selling aloe vera. Then they returned to their hotel, stopping at the poolside Tambu Bar.

They ordered two rumrunners and four Heineken beers. Roy signed the tab with an illegible scrawl. Below Roy's signature, a waiter wrote in Dutch, ''Drunken man.'' The time stamped on the bill was 7:37 p.m.

En route to their room, Renee and Roy went to the hotel's lower lobby. A security video shows them in bathing suits, drinks in hand. Looking tired and spent, Renee sat heavily on a padded bench while waiting for the elevator.

When it arrived, Renee pressed the button for the 12th floor and the door closed. She walked to the back corner and slumped to the floor in a sitting position. Her arms rested on her knees and her head drooped, face down, the security video shows.

Roy, wearing Speedo-style swim trunks, walked over to Renee and straddled her while she sat. He shook his hips and pressed his crotch against her downturned head. She made no response.

The doors opened and Roy walked out, but Renee remained slumped in the corner. When he realized she wasn't with him, he stopped the elevator doors from closing. After 10 seconds or so, she raised her head slightly and held up her right hand. Roy pulled her up and out to the hall. It was the last image of her alive. The video time-stamp reads 7:53 p.m.

From 8:08 to 8:18
Roy described Renee's last 15 minutes this way to Aruban police: ''We went to the room. When we arrived there we both got undressed. We went and sat on the balcony. On the balcony we started to caress each other.'' He said they did not have sex. Then, Roy said, Renee felt ill and he went to get her water.

They were in Room 1219. Seven floors directly below, in Room 519, was Thomas Dowden of louisiana. He saw Renee plummet.

''I was out on the balcony smoking a cigarette,'' Dowden recalled. ''All of a sudden it sounded like a full piece of luggage landed in front of me. It was like, `whomp!' No scream, no other sound. A whoosh of air.''

He looked down to the ballroom roof below his balcony and saw a naked body, face-down and motionless in a puddle of blood. He phoned for help. The hotel's call log shows it was 8:08 p.m.

Roy's call was logged at 8:18 p.m. He never mentioned a delay to police: ''I looked over the railing and saw her lying on the roof below. I called the receptionist and informed her.''

Roy spent several more minutes in their room, then went to the elevator, security videos show. When the doors opened, he saw people inside and pulled back to wait for an empty one. After several frustrating trips to the wrong floors in search of the ballroom roof, Roy punched the control panel of floor numbers and tore a phone off the wall.

Eventually he reached the correct floor. With no doorway to the roof, he threw a cast-iron bench through a window and climbed out. Dowden, watching from above, said Roy seemed deeply upset as he crouched by Renee's body. He cried out: ''What am I going to do?''

Left a day early
Summoned by hotel security, two Aruban police detectives secured the scene and, several hours later, took a statement from Roy. At the time, police were unaware of the 10-minute gap. They had not seen the video. They did not interrogate or detain him. He was agitated, so they sent him to Aruba's only hospital for psychiatric observation.

Roy returned to the hotel the next morning and called Renee's family and made plans to leave the island. It was a day before his scheduled return, and Renee's body was in the morgue.

Through their shock and grief, her brothers begged him to stay with her. He refused, trusting Renee's body to an Aruban mortician, Eugene Maduro, until her brothers could fly down.

''While I was in the [hotel] room he was on the phone with someone,'' Maduro said. ''I heard him say, `What am I going to do now with the damn kids?' That stayed with me. And he leaves without her?''

With little investigation, police allowed Roy to change flights and leave that day for Boston, effectively closing the case. ''It looked like it was an accident, and we couldn't prove that the other person had something to do with a crime,'' said prosecutor Elivia Lugo.

The next day, Renee's brothers Michael and John flew to Aruba to retrieve their sister's body. They began asking questions of hotel officials and authorities; they began to doubt Roy's story and the competence of the Aruban police.

They won help from Barbara Stephenson, the US consul general to Aruba. Troubled by what they told her, Stephenson arranged Aruban approval for an FBI evidence team to fly to the island later that week to work with Aruban authorities.

FBI officials have refused to comment about what they found. But both US and Aruban officials involved with the case said in interviews that evidence from the joint investigation suggested Roy's story was false.

From the outset, it seemed implausible that Renee had simply fallen over a 44-inch-high safety railing whose top bar would have nestled under her rib cage. No one had ever fallen over the railings; the only known balcony death at the Wyndham was a suicide several years ago. A new theory began to form.

Protecting the children
The first clues came from the Aruban medical examiner. All of Renee's injuries were consistent with a fall, except two: On her back and behind her right knee were scrapes that contained grit from the hotel's outer wall. The investigators concluded that she fell backward over the railing, from a sitting position, scraping her back and leg on the way down.

Then there was the elevator video, which suggested that both Roy and Renee were intoxicated and that Roy was focused on having sex. Those images fit with the waiter's note on their check that Roy was drunk and with witnesses who saw them dancing sensually at the Tambu Bar.

In fact, the medical examiner concluded that Renee had had intercourse in the hours before she died, and had a blood alcohol level of .196, more than twice Massachusetts' legal driving limit.

The evidence began adding up this way: Renee and Roy were together on the balcony, naked under the moonlight. Renee was seated on the rounded top bar of the railing, facing Roy. Roy held her on the railing as they had sex.

Then something awful happened: somehow, Roy lost his grip. Renee fell backward, scraping her legs and back, falling past one balcony then another, plunging past Dowden on the fifth floor, then slamming head-first into the balcony roof.

The investigators thought the 10-minute gap could be explained as time Roy needed to react to the shock of his wife's death. The theory also might explain why he was in a hurry to leave the island, why he refused her family's requests for a second autopsy in Massachusetts, and why he refused to speak with the FBI.

It might also explain a remark Renee's brother Edward said Roy made two days after she died. After telling Edward his drink-of-water story, Roy suddenly added: ''She had baby oil on.''

''I said, `What are you talking about?''' Edward recalled. ''He didn't answer. He started telling his story again.''

An Aruban government official said authorities refused to disclose their conclusions to the family in part to protect Renee's children.

''It's bad enough the kids don't have a mother,'' said Henry Baarh, Aruba's director of foreign affairs. ''But to not have a mother because she was having sex on the balcony with your father and she fell, well, that's another thing entirely.''

Renee's family reacted angrily when a Globe reporter told them the investigators' sex-on-the-balcony theory.

''How the hell do the FBI and the Aruban authorities get into the business of making up stories for people?'' said her brother Michael. ''What they should say is, `What you told us is not true. Now we have real problems with you as a person who was there at the time of this death. You have anything else to say?'''

Was she aware?
Although the investigators' theory fits key pieces of evidence, troubling questions remain.

Aruban authorities said they closed the case in part because both were drunk and seemed amorous at the bar, leading them to conclude that both participated in dangerous balcony sex.

Authorities from both countries acknowledged, however, that they would have pursued the case if they thought Renee had been unconscious, unwilling, or unable to get onto the railing on her own.

However, Roy was never asked those questions in Aruba. And when FBI agents went to his house in Framingham a week later, armed with a list of 52 questions, Roy turned them away. Among their questions, ''What was her state of consciousness? Was she awake?''

By refusing to cooperate, Roy also spared himself from being asked about evidence relating to those questions: Renee's drowsy appearance in the video, her fear of heights, and Dowden's recollection of a silent ''piece of luggage'' falling.

Mary Ames, a Boston lawyer hired by Renee's brothers, said Aruba's failure to aggressively pursue the case, including the questions of Renee's consciousness, reflects their concern about the country's tourism industry.

''The Aruban government is digging in their heels and insisting on the correctness of their position, and the American government seems powerless on their own to go down and conduct their own investigation,'' Ames said.

''We're caught in this crazy Catch-22,'' she added, ''without answers to find out what happened to this young mother, daughter, sister who went down for this four-day vacation and never came back.''

At the request of Renee's family, Senator John F. Kerry has pressed Aruba to reopen the investigation. In a letter to Aruban diplomats, the Massachusetts Democrat cited unanswered questions that ''intenstified when Mr. Tiano refused to cooperate with any further investigation of his wife's death.

''Mrs. Tiano's family is very concerned that troubling details about the case raise serious questions about the possibility of foul play and merit further investigation,'' Kerry's letter said.

But Aruban officials remain unmoved. ''We have already closed that case,'' insisted Lugo, the Aruban prosecutor.

In response to Kerry's request, Baarh, Aruba's director of foreign affairs, drafted a letter that says a new investigation would require new evidence and a formal request from the US Justice Department. Neither seems forthcoming.

The federal prosecutor in Boston handling the case said there are no grounds for the United States to investigate Renee's death further and no way to force Aruba to act. ''I have tried to rack my brain for ways to find jurisdiction, and I can't. We're not punting this without thought,'' he said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

He acknowledged, however, that federal or state authorities could seek fraud charges on US soil if it were shown that Roy made ''material misrepresentations'' to collect life insurance. Lies by a beneficiary about the circumstances of an accidental death could meet that standard, the prosecutor said. But he declined to say whether he would pursue it.

On June 29, three months after Renee died, Roy collected $500,000 from her policy with New York Life Insurance Co. A company spokesman declined to comment about what claims Roy made about her death.

''Absent any court action or legal authority requiring our involvement, this matter is closed for us,'' the insurance company spokesman said.

A headstone and a cross

In the eight months since Renee died, Roy has gone on raising their children in their Framingham home. He has traded in the family minivan for a Cadillac Seville.

He has never wavered from a line from his police statement: ''I don't know how my wife fell from the balcony.''

Renee's family, meanwhile, stews in frustration and pays regular visits to St. Joseph's Cemetery in West Roxbury.

Renee's grave has a red eternal light and a pink granite headstone surrounded by flowers. Her family asked Roy to include her maiden name on the stone, but it says only ''Tiano, Renee Charlene, 1967-2000.''

But someone has placed a small wooden cross at the base of the headstone, with a laminated photo of Renee and her name in white paint. Only her maiden name.

''We're not going to let it go,'' said Renee's brother Edward. ''If we have to go stand in front of travel agents or the Aruban embassy or whatever, we'll do it.''

This story ran on page A01 of the Boston Globe on 11/19/2000.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2006, 10:06:23 PM »

Klaas posted this:

Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:    

Leslie wrote:
Pair of American tourists dead
http://www.diario-aruba.com/2006/10/5/

Translation by Charles Croes posted at RU:

A touristic couple that arrived on Aruba yesterday and that were staying at the Marriott both drowned at Baby Beach after they went snorkeling.

According to information and some witnesses, they could see that the couple was having problems and jumped into the water to resque them.

At the onset, the man was having problems and his female partner went in to assist him, however this turned out to take a turn for the worse since she also drowned

The locals that were able to bring them to dry land tried to give them first aid assistance and mouth to mouth help while the police were on their way, however when the doctor arrived, he pronounced them both as passed away.

This is surely a great shock to the family of the deceased. The police took declarations from all of the witnesses as well as those that tried to rescue them. The DIARIO extends much strength for the family and friends of the deceased.

Of course especially on an island, more drowning deaths might be expected. What caught the attention of several posters is that Baby Beach is, per Aruba's tourist literature, is "shallow, calm" water ideal for children and the inexperienced. It is an inlet (hope that's the right word) that looks to be about two-thirds surrounded by land.

And snorkeling isn't a very dangerous water activity - especially for two adults.

Could something have been wrong with the equipment? Was an autopsy performed on either? Wish we could get in touch with this couple's family.

Idea  Literally, a lightbulb just went off for me. I don't know if this is done "everywhere" but I think the usual procedure throughout the U.S. is to perform a forensic autopsy after any unattended death, unless the deceased's attending physician assigns a cause of death and signs the death certificate.

Many deaths that initially appear to be natural cause, accidental, or suicide, are thus found to be "suspicious" or definitely murder/homicide.

Otherwise, it is very easy to conceal the true cause of death.

Wonder if that is done on Aruba.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2006, 10:33:59 PM »

SunFreak2 posted this at LCD Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:45 pm (emphasis added):    

Baby Lagoon Beach
Baby Beach is located in the area known as Seroe
Colorado at the southeastern end of the island. It got
its name because the calm and shallow waters make
it ideal for children and/or inexperienced swimmers
Snorkelers will enjoy gorgeous coral heads in the
channel.

Picture of the area is on page 41 of Natalee Holloway LCD thread #529.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2006, 09:11:57 PM »

Thanks to Sandy Liava; posted LCD 10/10/2006, from Diario.

SEARCHING FOR MISSING 14 YR OLD:

MUCHA MUHER DI 14 AÑA DI EDAD TA SER BUSCA

ORANJESTAD.(AAN):---Famia ta prepcupa pa un mucha muher di 14 aña cu desde diasabra nan lo a wak y tende di dje pa e ultimo biaha.

Oranjestad, family proccupied in missing 14 yr old,s dissapearance since saturday from thier area.

Segun famia e di mucha muher yama Zailuka Dañia --su nomber di carino ta “Luka” --cu ta naci na Sint Eustatuis 12 di juni 1992 y ta alumno di EPB San Nicolaas , diasabra anochi su tata a hibe na cas di mama di e mucha aki cu ta na Sabana Basora Nort.77.

According to family the child named Zailuka Dania , called Luka for short, who was born june 12 1992 and is a student at EPB in San Nicholas who left to visit a friend at Sabana Basora north 77.

Parce cu e tata mes no por cu e criatura aki pa cual el a dicidi di hibe cerca su mama. Mama lo a laga porta habri pa ora cu e su yiu muher yega e por drenta tranquil.

It appears the child wanted to visit a friend living closer to her mother. she had been staying with the grand mother. The mom knowing her daughter was to arrive shortly left the door unlocked for the child.

Pero e mucha muher lo a warda ora cu su tata a caba di bahe pa asina e tambe move bay Famia a keda procupa pa e accion di Zailuka y informe cu e famia ta despone di dje ta lo sigiente.

But the daughter failed to arrive. The familys are very worried and are despondent that she has not been found.

“Zailuka” parce a yama warda di polis pa notifica nan cu e ta kedando cerca conoci of amiganan. E yamada el a hasi den transcurso di diadomingo.

Zailuka apparently called the polis station saying she was staying with a friend of a friend. That call took place on Sunday.

Tog e famia no a keda tranquil tampoco satisfecho ya cu nan no sa cerca kende e ta hospeda, of keda scondi .

The family was made aware and remain upset and are not satisfied with that info being correct that she is in hiding or a guest in someones home.

Tambe e mucha a laga sa cu e lo bay scol. Famia a a check cu scol y a resulta cu e mucha muher no a presenta na scol manera e lo a laga polis sa.

The caller, a girl stated that she was attending school on Monday. However when the family went to the school they found out she had not gone there at all.

Apesar cu famia ta contento di a tende di dje pero nan no a dune ningun momento permiso pa bandona cas y tambe esnan cu ta ofrece espacio mester ta responsable tambe di ta laga un criatura menor di edad sin permiso ta permiti di hospeda cerca nan sin permiso di mayornan.

The family stated that she wouldnt go without permission nor leave her home in that manner. She is a minor and wouldnt be gone without permission from an adult.

Nan por sikiera puntra si ta O.K. si e criatura lo por hospeda cerca nan pero ni esey no a tuma lugar.

Neither do they know if the child obtained permission to be at a friend of a friends home.

Tambe tin informe cu diadomingo Zailuka lo a manda SMS pa su mama indicando cu ningun hende no kier e .
Diasabra atardi mes e mama a papia cu su yiu muher na Playa. No ta prome biaha Zailuka lo ta bay for di cas.
E mucha aki mester di yudanza di profesional di reclasering riba corto plazo prome cu e bay riba e caminda robez.

The last time anyone spole with her was on Saturday from the beach areashe was wearind a pink or reddish outfit.

Informe ta indica tambe cu mayornan ya caba lo ta den contacto cu instancianan pa busca un solucion pa Zailuka.

Anyone with information leading to the where abouts of Luka is asked to call Kinder polis atn 5852500 Luka is lightskinned tanned, with black hair

Cualkier persona cu sa paraderp di e mucha muher aki cu ta color cla, delega, su cabey ta preto, por yama warda di Juegd en Kinder Politie na telefoon 5852500.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2006, 09:15:22 PM »

Another hat tip to sandy leiva (whose name I misspelled above  Embarassed  ). Also posted on LCD 10/10/2006.

More polis incompetence. there is also another article where 2500 dollars that was in the polis station safe is now missing. An investigation into that is supposed to be happening. Supposedly the money was locked in a safe. They don't seem to know who took it. A judge has been apponited to oversee the investigation.

Can't trust the polis in thier own station LOL.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2006, 09:10:34 AM »

copied from  GretaWire - 8/8/2006?
Extra paragraphs inserted for easier reading.

E-mail No. 10

Dear Greta,

Just got back from Aruba from our yearly vacation there. This time was so different. I think Natalee Holloway is getting back on them.

Apparently the island is inundated with crime due to drugs. My husband and I have been going there for over 12 years and have always felt safe until now. We were robbed of over $3000 worth of stuff on the beach last week during our visit.

They try so desperately to keep it secret — I learned this from the natives. However, the week before us there was another robbery on the beach — denied by the management of our resort (of course, due to public relations, etc.) Two days after we were robbed, so were my friends. A couple we met were robbed at the Lighthouse while visiting the beach! Three natives told me their homes were broken into!

The crime is rampant on the island and word needs to get out. We type messages on the Aruban message boards to warn people and they do not get posted.

I had the pleasure of taunting Deepak Kalpoe at his place of business and then seeing Joran van der Sloot in the old Wyndham casino the night he was freed from the NY lawsuit. He walked in there with such arrogance that I wanted to punch him out! People in the casino that work there patted him on the back with such celebration it made me sick!

The island reeks of corruption! The natives speak of Beth Twitty as a drunken slut who fixed the whole story. I met her last year late at night and she was sober as sober can be!

I have been going to Aruba for so many years — it was my home away from home. However, after being robbed on the beach, meeting Deepak and seeing Joran in action, I am totally confused! It is obvious (and spoken by the natives) that the government is so corrupt. I no longer feel safe in Aruba. How is it that Natalee is missing and these arrogant, low-life a__holes are walking free!

Donna Bykowski
Oakland, NJ

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2006, 10:55:16 AM »

Posted by Klaas on LCD 10/11/2006:

Nativelingo posted on 6/15/2005:

Sometime last year, ther was an incident about a homemade porn movie involving a 14 year old….not a gang bang, but she did in fact have sex with different boys on the video/dvd….neither Joran or brothers were involved, but they may have copied and sold copies…ALOT of boys sold copies…..

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2006, 06:25:18 PM »

Found this..:

http://bb.visitaruba.com/showthread.php?t=5358

Saturday, October 7th, 2006, 05:02 PM  
beaten  
Junior Member   Join Date: October 7th, 2006

Do not go to Cafe Bahia

On Monday Sept. 3rd 2006 I and my partner with 3 ladies were there and I was beaten by the bouncer and 5 other patrons who were hitting on the 3 girls and did not like it. I asked one of the patrons to stop hitting on the girls for they like girls not boys. To my suprise I was attacked by the patrons and a bouncer. The patrons kicked my feet out from under me and proceeded to kick me to the ground were they and the bouncer kicked the left side of my body braking 3 ribs and fracturing my left shoulder. I need help locating the patrons. They are supposed to be from the Island of Curisel with a drag racing team and frequent the island of Aruba often.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2006, 04:37:56 AM »

SunFreak2 posted this at LCD -

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject:    

For the Murder & Crime thread:

Atracadornan tabata dominicano: TURISTA FEMENINO ATRACA Y HERIDA DILANTI DI BRENCHIE’S NA PLAYA
ORANJESTAD (AAN): Ayeranochi, banda di 7:30 a drenta informe cu dilanti di Brenchie’s na Playa, un turista femenino cu a bay come na un di e restaurantnan den e becindario, a pasa un mal momento ora cu dos persona cu ta parce di ta tur dos di nacionalidad dominicano, a asalte purbando di ranca su tas y bay cune.

From Diario, 29 August, 2006

A man was arrested for attacking & injuring a female tourist at a restaurant.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2006, 04:43:26 AM »

blechedblack posted this on LCD, re. the incident of the tourist beaten by a bouncer and patrons who were on a racing team:

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:    

The One Cool Summer races at Palo Margo Aruba is one
of the biggest yearly international events of Aruba.
This year it was on August 30 through September 3rd
that a group of our local racers went to represent
Curaçao.

http://www.curacaodrag.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=121

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2006, 06:41:24 AM »

The following is from Page 6 of this M&C thread.

From the dates, it looks like three separate incidents of tourists running into trouble in bars/restaurants. (Will have to try to compare.)

Quote from: "msmarple"
klaasend posted on LCD 9/18/2006:
GOODMORNING ALL!

In todays Diario - looks like something about a bouncer and a tourist:

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2006/9/18/

Trahando como bouncer na un club nocturno den tempo liber….EMPLEADO DI GOBIERNO DETENI PA MALTRATO SERIO RIBA TURISTA

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Un empleado publico kende ta traha den su tempo liber na un club nocturno ta deteni actualmente pa maltrato pisa contra un turista cu a bay para te na hospital despues di un maltrato serio.

E empleado publico aki di Fam F contrario na Hulanda unda un Arubiano a muri pa maltrato di varios bouncer, esun na Aruba si ta sigui deteni pa e maltrato cu el a comete.

Kico a pasa exactamente cu cos a yega asina leu no ta conoci, pero e empleado publico aki ta sera y e por tin consecuencia tambe pa su trabao.
E turista parce cu te hasta a worde interna den hospital pa e maltrato cu el a haya a base di golpinan cu a ser propone riba dje.

Recherche den e caso aki a detene e sospechoso mientras cu apartemente turista mes a bay su pais caba.

Easywriter wrote:
Its a case where a public employee working as a bouncer at a night club battered a tourist who had to have medical attention at the hospital. The bouncer has been arrested and is in jail. He will lose his job. In the meantime, the tourist has returned home.

Thanks Klaas & Easy.

Grande
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2006, 09:30:51 AM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Found this..:

beaten  

Do not go to Cafe Bahia

On Monday Sept. 3rd 2006 I and my partner with 3 ladies were there and I was beaten by the bouncer and 5 other patrons who were hitting on the 3 girls and did not like it. I asked one of the patrons to stop hitting on the girls for they like girls not boys. To my suprise I was attacked by the patrons and a bouncer. The patrons kicked my feet out from under me and proceeded to kick me to the ground were they and the bouncer kicked the left side of my body braking 3 ribs and fracturing my left shoulder. I need help locating the patrons. They are supposed to be from the Island of Curisel with a drag racing team and frequent the island of Aruba often.

Screenshot of post http://i11.tinypic.com/4d3rzw5.jpg

Were one day closer to parlaying our collective efforts into JUSTICE being served.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2006, 09:47:01 AM »

Posted by leslie on LCD 10/17/1006 - I'm just posting as a followup on this incident, which is included on a previous page of this M&C thread.

Looks like Rene van Heyningen's wife is appealing her sentence for being found guilty of killing him with a machete in June 2005:
http://www.diario-aruba.com/2006/10/17/

"den corte superior, YESENIA CASTILLO H. AWOR TA BISA HUEZ CU E NO A MATA RENE VAN HEIJNIGEN"

Interesting variation of the spelling of the surname in Diario.

Grande
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2006, 01:30:34 PM »

Quote from: "Grande"
Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Found this..:

beaten  

Do not go to Cafe Bahia

Screenshot of post http://i11.tinypic.com/4d3rzw5.jpg

Updated image > http://i11.tinypic.com/2en45yd.jpg

Were one day closer to parlaying our collective efforts into JUSTICE being served.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.