March 28, 2024, 08:26:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Democrats take out John Doe provision of bill  (Read 1725 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 20, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »

Talk about poliltical correctness killing our country. The bill introduced was regarding reporting suspicios activities.  The John Doe provision was put into place because of the Imans on the flight that distrubed the passengers.  

The Imans are suing those that reported their activity.  There is, in my opinion something suspicous about the fact that they stood and prayed and shouted all the things that they shouted to frighten the passengers and cameras were waiting for them when they arrived.  HOW is that?  Can we say set-up in advance?

In my opinion, the terrorist know that we are all so afraid of the thought police and they knew it would be framed as "profiling".  Now the Democrats have given them one more tool.

I am looking for a link on this bill, however I wrote this while watching Fox News... will provide link when I find one.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 11:20:33 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Talk about poliltical correctness killing our country. The bill introduced was regarding reporting suspicios activities.  The John Doe provision was put into place because of the Imans on the flight that distrubed the passengers.  

The Imans are suing those that reported their activity.  There is, in my opinion something suspicous about the fact that they stood and prayed and shouted all the things that they shouted to frighten the passengers and cameras were waiting for them when they arrived.  HOW is that?  Can we say set-up in advance?

In my opinion, the terrorist know that we are all so afraid of the thought police and they knew it would be framed as "profiling".  Now the Democrats have given them one more tool.

I am looking for a link on this bill, however I wrote this while watching Fox News... will provide link when I find one.

link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070720/ap_on_go_co/congress_homeland_security;_ylt=AqH69xfU9N.r95dMrKHktic8KbIF  

quote:
Republicans also were demanding that language be added to provide immunity to citizens who report suspicious activity. They referred to an incident last fall where six Muslim scholars were removed from a flight in Minneapolis after other passengers said they were acting suspiciously. The imams have since filed a lawsuit, saying their civil rights were violated

From what I heard this morning, the Democrats (8 disagreed) took this out to allow for passage of the bill.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.