April 26, 2024, 06:23:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #661 7/20 - 7/21/2007  (Read 389454 times)
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: July 21, 2007, 10:36:22 AM »

Quote from: "Rob"
Since no one is saying anything, would anyone like to hear about something stupid I did last week? It's kinda funny...

Of course!  Very Happy
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #641 on: July 21, 2007, 10:36:41 AM »

Rob... sure...

Anna... I personally see such a misogynist bend to several Fox talking heads, and he is one of the main ones!  I have a friend who has a friend... (not first hand knowledge, second hand) that worked for him and she basically said as a woman it sucked to work with him - that he is a chauvinist, and I think it shows clearly.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: July 21, 2007, 10:37:27 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
BOR “breaks” this story then every other show on Fox has gone about de-bunking the theory.  Very strange indeed!

Yes, it is.  BOR has stated before that Natalee shouldn't have gotten in the car with those strangers so I wonder if he is playing out his own agenda based on that.

Remember Red challenged him to take GHB, etc. then do his program one time.  I would still like to see that!

Could he be trying to justify his own criticism of the victim in this?

And he has Michelle Malkin who calls it Missing White Girl Syndrome to cover this.  Maybe BOR has come under the influence of Michelle who is certainly no victim's advocate with that claim that only pretty white girls get coverage when missing.

I don’t buy into the “Missing White Girl Syndrome” talk, but it is hard to determine why one case will grab the attention of the masses while others don’t.  I think it usually has to do with the back-story surrounding the case.  Chandra Levi had everyone’s attention night and day until 9-11 and that was because of the setting and the connections to politicians.

Natalee’s case was like every parents worst nightmare coming true before our eyes and it turned into something much bigger than just a missing person’s case.  Over two years later and it still gets crazier each day.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #643 on: July 21, 2007, 10:39:34 AM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Since no one is saying anything, would anyone like to hear about something stupid I did last week? It's kinda funny...

Of course!  Very Happy

Well, tcumom - it seems I have an addiction. I can not ignore it. See I fell asleep with my laptop on my lap and my left leg was crossed over my right knee.

Well, I didn't notice anything wrong until later when I realized my left calf was burnt and blistered from the heat of this Gateway. I never knew this could happen.

A few people have asked me what happened and I am too embarrassed to tell the truth on this one. Laughing

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #644 on: July 21, 2007, 10:40:07 AM »

O/T

I’ve been through those colonoscopy things and they did not knock me out.  In fact, I got to watch it on TV.  Shocked
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: July 21, 2007, 10:41:16 AM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Morning, Monkeys.  I agree completely with John Reynolds' post.  There are really only two options here:  BOR is completely irresponsible in airing the story about Natalee's demise, or BOR had no choice but to air the story and used Geraldo at the same time to put a negative spin on the story.

I don't know which I believe.  We really can't know until BOR tells us.  Going by his past behavior, this really doesn't make sense, does it?

No it doesn't make sense, which is the only reason why I did try to verify it was John's post when buckeye raised the question it might have been an imposter posting, for to me - the post really does define the options well as you said.

John did make the post and this isn't directed at you AZ, but if that bothers certain people here for me to make that statement, then it's not about Natalee is it? It's about petty things if you argue my verifying it was  him.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: July 21, 2007, 10:41:48 AM »

Of course!  Very Happy

Well, tcumom - it seems I have an addiction. I can not ignore it. See I fell asleep with my laptop on my lap and my left leg was crossed over my right knee.

Well, I didn't notice anything wrong until later when I realized my left calf was burnt and blistered from the heat of this Gateway. I never knew this could happen.

A few people have asked me what happened and I am too embarrassed to tell the truth on this one. Laughing

Rob - you're lucky it was only your calf that got burnt.  Seriously, I read a warning a couple years ago about this.   Wink
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #647 on: July 21, 2007, 10:43:23 AM »

Also Natalee's story highlights the fact that once you leave this country you have no more "American" rights.  The other countries don't (and obviously) won't take the murder of an American seriously in some cases... other countries do, but not like here.

Look at the story of the guy who lived in a Latin American country that was framed for the murder of a girl he knew... but with over 50 witnesses stating he was in a completely other town and couldn't have been the one that killed her... he is in prision and his family can't do anything to help...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #648 on: July 21, 2007, 10:44:22 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Of course!  Very Happy

Rob - you're lucky it was only your calf that got burnt.  Seriously, I read a warning a couple years ago about this.   Wink

LOL  I didn't think about that!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #649 on: July 21, 2007, 10:46:55 AM »

Of course!  Very Happy

Then I am addicted as well... I have a pillow under my lappy because I don't like the heat!!! Shocked  Very Happy  Very Happy

Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #650 on: July 21, 2007, 10:46:57 AM »

O/T

I’ve been through those colonoscopy things and they did not knock me out.  In fact, I got to watch it on TV.  Shocked

I saw a show on tv a few nights ago where they showed that now the patient swallows a tiny camera that goes through the colon.  Sounds like the only way to go.

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #651 on: July 21, 2007, 10:47:11 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Also Natalee's story highlights the fact that once you leave this country you have no more "American" rights.  The other countries don't (and obviously) won't take the murder of an American seriously in some cases... other countries do, but not like here.

Look at the story of the guy who lived in a Latin American country that was framed for the murder of a girl he knew... but with over 50 witnesses stating he was in a completely other town and couldn't have been the one that killed her... he is in prision and his family can't do anything to help...

That is a very interesting story and that whole town was ready to lynch that hombre.  It is a shame but people are at great risk in foreign countries.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: July 21, 2007, 10:47:20 AM »

Off to work and lurk. . . .

If anyone sees more coverage during the day, be sure to post a head's up at first sighting.  I have on Fox but won't be near the TV all day.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: July 21, 2007, 10:48:01 AM »

Quote from: "Katysmom"
O/T

I saw a show on tv a few nights ago where they showed that now the patient swallows a tiny camera that goes through the colon.  Sounds like the only way to go.

I know it is a necessary procedure but yucky!

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #654 on: July 21, 2007, 10:48:22 AM »

Rob - you're lucky it was only your calf that got burnt.  Seriously, I read a warning a couple years ago about this.   Wink[/quote]

Well, those warning were serious. I had no idea. I don't read labels or instructions...ha ha ha ha !!!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #655 on: July 21, 2007, 10:49:05 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

That is a very interesting story and that whole town was ready to lynch that hombre.  It is a shame but people are at great risk in foreign countries.

wasn't it?  the judge didn't believe he did it but was afraid of the town...people really have to be very careful!

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: July 21, 2007, 10:49:38 AM »

None,
Thank you for verifing John's post.

Nut and Anna,
Thank you for the articles you both posted this AM

And I am thankful and appreciative of all us Monkeys for their work, info, posts.  We keep Natalee and her story alive.

morning!

Mrs. R love your last tagline:
Friends don't let friends go to aruba!

yesterday the bumber sticker, a play of "Virginia is for lovers", popped into my mind
aruba is for a holes

sorry to all for the fowl language.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: July 21, 2007, 10:50:30 AM »

Anna ... geraldo is having coverage tonight! Laughing

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #658 on: July 21, 2007, 10:51:19 AM »

Quote from: "NM"
None,
Thank you for verifing John's post.

Nut and Anna,
Thank you for the articles you both posted this AM

And I am thankful and appreciative of all us Monkeys for their work, info, posts.  We keep Natalee and her story alive.

morning!

Mrs. R love your last tagline:
Friends don't let friends go to aruba!

yesterday the bumber sticker, a play of "Virginia is for lovers", popped into my mind
aruba is for a holes

sorry to all for the fowl language.

but it's funny Laughing

how are you this morning??

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #659 on: July 21, 2007, 10:51:39 AM »

Quote from: "Katysmom"
O/T

Remember that old sci-fi movie where the people were shrunk and injected into some guy?  lol  Sounds like science gets closer to some of this wild stuff all the time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.