March 29, 2024, 04:41:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #661 7/20 - 7/21/2007  (Read 387339 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #920 on: July 21, 2007, 06:26:07 PM »

I think they have a real good shot at finding something!
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: July 21, 2007, 06:26:55 PM »

From Wikipedia:

Territorial waters, or a territorial sea, is a belt of coastal waters extending at most twelve nautical miles (but possibly less, at the coastal country's discretion) from the mean low water mark of a littoral state that is regarded as the sovereign territory of the state, except that foreign ships (both military and civilian) are allowed innocent passage through it.

Also:

A nautical mile, sea mile or nautimile is a unit of length. It is accepted for use with the International System of Units (SI), but it is not an SI unit.[1] The nautical mile is used around the world for maritime and aviation purposes. It is commonly used in international law and treaties, especially regarding the limits of territorial waters. It developed from the geographical mile. Since the nautical mile is roughly equal to one minute of angle at the equator, the length of the equator is roughly 21,600 nautical miles.

One nautical mile converts to:

* 0.998383 geographical mile
    * 1.852 km (exact)
    * 1.150779 mile (statute) [1]
    * 2025.372 yard
    * 6076.1155 feet
    * 1 meridian arc minute at sea-level surface distance

I conclude that Aruba claims jurisdiction over the water 12 miles out, but ships are allowed passage for commercial or "innocent" purposes.

(If purposes are not deemed to be "innocent", then Dennis Jacobs goes out to stop them in that inner tube mentioned here earlier.)  Laughing
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #922 on: July 21, 2007, 06:28:03 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "Port Valerie"
From the CIA World Factbook / Aruba:

Illicit drugs:

transit point for US- and Europe-bound narcotics with some accompanying money-laundering activity; relatively high percentage of population consumes cocaine

This page was last updated on 19 July, 2007

Guess they think everybody does what they do.

******* has an article that says 20% use cocaine.  A thief thinks everybody steals.

But that is one in five using cocaine.  Seems like a lot to me.

Yes!! That is a ungodly percentage!!!!!!! Aruba is one of the highest in the world for drug use and in particular cocaine..

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #923 on: July 21, 2007, 06:29:53 PM »

Quote from: "KarmaRoundUp"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "IndyDan"
Quote from: "Katysmom"
Quote from: "Rob"
I hate to guess on an issue as important as the search for Natalee and TES, but it prolly started with the requests for permits being denied all over again. Just like the last time.

Do they need permits to be in international waters?  How far out do they have to be to not be in Aruba's waters?

So if TES accidently drifts into Aruban waters, what Aruba gonna do, send out it's navy   Laughing  Laughing

Aruban navy = Dennis Jacobs in a huge innertube!

Wink LOL!!!
Hi Monkies
I'm just lurking and reading and cracked up over this above.
I was so pissed yesterday to hear what went on on Bill's show....but came here and all was better.Thank you all for that.You're like the calm after the storms.

Hello!  Quiet in here today, but it will heat up about the time Geraldo comes on tonight. lol

Hi Easy....what time does Geraldo come on if you know?

7:00CT and I hope it is a good one!
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #924 on: July 21, 2007, 06:30:11 PM »

I think they have a real good shot at finding something!

If that cage was used yes!!

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #925 on: July 21, 2007, 06:32:11 PM »

Logic would dictate that a grid be formed for the area of interest and the search would move from its closest point from land parallel with the island.  Each row of the grid would move farther away from the island.

If the water takes a sudden drop to a depth of 800 feet 3 miles offshore then that would be the place to start.

I thought I read quite a while back(When Tim and crew were searching the waters)that there IS a huge drop off.DR Baden was talking about it on one of the so called news shows.Baden said if she were dropped off there,the water is very cold and her body(sorry)would be faily preserved.
Do we know exactly what areas,how many miles etc that Tim has already searched in?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #926 on: July 21, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »

Koen's boat is more boxy and would better hold a cage large enough to hold a person.

I think if she is out there, they will find her but I still tend to think she is on land if not incinerated.  Would still like to check that cesspool after all this time.  And every freezer on the island as that seems a popular choice by these psycho types.

either of these boats could easily drag a cage tied behind it.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #927 on: July 21, 2007, 06:33:40 PM »

Several interesting things have happened over the past few months, but it gets no play.  Some anonymous person decides two years after the fact that Natalee took massive amounts of cocaine and died of cardiac arrest and all these fools are all over it.  Very hard to figure this one out....
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #928 on: July 21, 2007, 06:34:08 PM »

Ahh Sorry Rob thought you were commenting on Koens boat..Those cigarette boats are fast as hell but I just dont see them transporting a cage with that...Not sure about the diffrence in cigarette boats but they all have a very limited amount of space.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #929 on: July 21, 2007, 06:34:52 PM »

Quote from: "*******"

Thats a cigarette boat like lorenzos..I was showing a pic of the gottenbo's boat..

OK... I'm confused..LOL... are you saying the boat with the exhaust pipes looks like Koen's? That was the tiny link looked like.

+++

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: July 21, 2007, 06:35:30 PM »

Quote from: "Port Valerie"
From the CIA World Factbook / Aruba:

Illicit drugs:

transit point for US- and Europe-bound narcotics with some accompanying money-laundering activity; relatively high percentage of population consumes cocaine

This page was last updated on 19 July, 2007

Guess they think everybody does what they do.

******* has an article that says 20% use cocaine.  A thief thinks everybody steals.

But that is one in five using cocaine.  Seems like a lot to me.

Yes!! That is a ungodly percentage!!!!!!! Aruba is one of the highest in the world for drug use and in particular cocaine..

I don't even know anybody who uses it or ever has.  Booze, pot, meth and Rx drugs seem sufficient to keep most about as stoned as they want to be around here.  Sort of considered exotic and strange.  No wonder they can't remember from one day to the next what they said!   Confused

But what if Tim does all this searching and they don't find anything, what then?  I am sure JQK has something in mind for when this is officially declared closed.  Guess we will just have to wait and see but I can't help but wonder what will happen when it is finally closed.

I don't think the family will ever be given the files as promised, they will burn them first!  But they might be able to buy and bribe to get them.  Still wonder if Dave or Beth had just offered them a large amount of money they would have given her back.   Sad   But  would be afraid to do even that in that strange place as you never know what will get you arrested not understanding their system.  Since that system totally failed, I'd have to say their system pretty well sucks.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #931 on: July 21, 2007, 06:37:21 PM »

Logic would dictate that a grid be formed for the area of interest and the search would move from its closest point from land parallel with the island.  Each row of the grid would move farther away from the island.

If the water takes a sudden drop to a depth of 800 feet 3 miles offshore then that would be the place to start.

I thought I read quite a while back(When Tim and crew were searching the waters)that there IS a huge drop off.DR Baden was talking about it on one of the so called news shows.Baden said if she were dropped off there,the water is very cold and her body(sorry)would be faily preserved.
Do we know exactly what areas,how many miles etc that Tim has already searched in?

I remember that talk too, but I don't remember the details.

What happened when that barrel was dragged out of the water?  I will never forget that scene, but I don't remember what brought it on.  Did a diver spot that barrel?
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #932 on: July 21, 2007, 06:37:40 PM »

Tim searched some places up to 150 feet deep but not deeper than that. All he needed was dompig to make one phone call to the FBI so they could brink in equipment to search deeper. Dompig never made the call.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #933 on: July 21, 2007, 06:39:51 PM »

Ahh Sorry Rob thought you were commenting on Koens boat..Those cigarette boats are fast as hell but I just dont see them transporting a cage with that...Not sure about the diffrence in cigarette boats but they all have a very limited amount of space.

*******- we are confusing each other.... lmao!!! ha ha ha ha ...

Yes, you're totally correct... a cigarette boat usually only has a cockpit and no space for a cage...

The problem with Koen's boat is it doesn't look like it can handle going out very far in to the open ocean. It looks like it is more of a fishing boat. At the speed necessary to get out and get back, I'm not sure Koen's boat can do that.

It really depends on where the cage was dumped. If it is near shore with in like 3 miles... it could be Koen... if it is way out 8-12 miles.. it would be Lorenzo...

all this is just a guess of course.

+++

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: July 21, 2007, 06:41:19 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Since no one is saying anything, would anyone like to hear about something stupid I did last week? It's kinda funny...

Of course!  Very Happy

Well, tcumom - it seems I have an addiction. I can not ignore it. See I fell asleep with my laptop on my lap and my left leg was crossed over my right knee.

Well, I didn't notice anything wrong until later when I realized my left calf was burnt and blistered from the heat of this Gateway. I never knew this could happen.

A few people have asked me what happened and I am too embarrassed to tell the truth on this one. Laughing

Gads, this is terrible. I hope you are OK... and not pulling our leg... sorry couldn't help the pun.

Laptops sure get hot. How did you treat the burn?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #935 on: July 21, 2007, 06:41:59 PM »

Thats a cigarette boat like lorenzos..I was showing a pic of the gottenbo's boat..

OK... I'm confused..LOL... are you saying the boat with the exhaust pipes looks like Koen's? That was the tiny link looked like.

No that is just a average cigarette boat that i showed..I was just pointing out that type of boat isnt good for transporting anything like a cage. This is koens boat..

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: July 21, 2007, 06:42:01 PM »

A tarp would help contain remains in a cage.  The only way to ever know is for Tim to at least try to find her I guess.  Even if she's not there, at least the family would know that.

Off to work and get food to be back in time for Geraldo.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #937 on: July 21, 2007, 06:42:18 PM »

Yes, you're totally correct... a cigarette boat usually only has a cockpit and no space for a cage...

The problem with Koen's boat is it doesn't look like it can handle going out very far in to the open ocean. It looks like it is more of a fishing boat. At the speed necessary to get out and get back, I'm not sure Koen's boat can do that.

It really depends on where the cage was dumped. If it is near shore with in like 3 miles... it could be Koen... if it is way out 8-12 miles.. it would be Lorenzo...

Koen had two boats, one is a speedboat and one is for fishing.

In My Opinion
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #938 on: July 21, 2007, 06:44:04 PM »

Quote from: "Spock"

Koen had two boats, one is a speedboat and one is for fishing.

So we are seeing the fishing boat? Spock are you sure...??? this is the first I'm hearing about a second boat...

do you know what it looks like?

+++

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #939 on: July 21, 2007, 06:44:12 PM »

Rob - I've seen people take boats Koen's size to Catalina which is 26 miles from the mainland.  I don't think Koen's boat is too small.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.