March 28, 2024, 04:10:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SCARED MONKEYS  (Read 13798 times)
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« on: July 21, 2007, 12:28:01 AM »

We've been hinting at this for a few weeks now, and we'll soon be ready to unveil! Red and I wanted to make sure that all of the faithful here had plenty of notice ahead of time.

This is exciting!

Next Weekend, the Scared Monkeys sites (scaredmonkeys.com, scaredmonkeys.net, Scared Monkeys Radio, missingexploited.com  and yes, even the "shoe site") are going to relaunch with new features and a brand new look.

The web sites will all be going down for maintenance the evening of Friday, July 28, 2007. They will individually return, one at a time, throughout the weekend.

A few features to look forward to include:
    - A new Scared Monkeys Logo
    - New Monkey Merchandise
    - New, easier to read and better organized blog pages
    - New forum software (simple machines)
    - New people! (we're reopening the forum doors to the public)
    - Scared Monkeys Chat (our very own chat system, not something run by a freebie third-party service)
    - RSS feeds for the Scared Monkeys Daily Commentary and Weekly Radio shows
    - Restoration of lost blog comments (an ongoing task, but the process will begin upon relaunch)
As an important side note, the current products in the Scared Monkeys Store are going going bye-bye to make room for new products sporting the new Scared Monkeys logos. So, if you've been intending on purchasing something but haven't yet made your way over there to do so, you now only have a few days remaining. When the sites close for the migration, items with the current "Papyrus Font" logo will be considered VINTAGE!  Laughing

Red and I are super excited. We hope you guys are too! We also welcome your suggestions (in this thread only, please). We can't promise we'll incorporate them, but Red and I would like to hear your requests for new features or changes.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 10:53:17 AM by Dugga » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 12:36:55 AM »

YIPPEE!  I can't wait!
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 12:39:18 AM »

This sounds really cool Dugga!! Thanks so much!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 12:39:41 AM »

copied from main NH forum

Dugga, I would like to commend you on all the long hours you have put in to make this site something truly unique and special.

I'm looking forward to the new features and looks. Thanks again.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »

Thank you, Dugga!

Counting the days until then.  Can't wait to see how it looks.

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 12:56:51 AM »

Dugga.. TY and Red for all you guys are doing!  

<can we have an edit button ?  Embarassed
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 01:45:23 AM »

Peeking back in to the LCD and saw the count down clock  Shocked
then the link to here
I'm excited but kinda skeered too..  Like in any major change in lfe.
Dugga / RED / Any others behind the SM  curtains

Thank you...

would like to hear your requests for new features or changes

All I can say to this is " I wish we had a hidie-hole" room to talk about this in ~~ along with other things..
But on my wish list is an active grammer checker/dictionary for composing posts ..Yes above & beyond spell check  ...
Hey I'm a Dumb OldFart but do not want the whole/ hole world to/too know/no  Wink

and the ability to quote a LOCKED  item to copy it as it appeared
and if post hits a locked door to be able to back-arrow to copy it.

Gee this is Kinda like writting a letter to Santa  Laughing

Yes I have been OffTopic at times but more or less good  (Not counting what may be  Lala's note books)
She has not passed those on ... OR  Has she

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 02:08:42 AM »

I have been forgetting to order things from CafePress for a long time. Must go there tomorrow!!!!

Still hope we keep the pink monkey junkey t shirts. I get a lot of smiles in the grocery and local college with it.... they know the Monkeys!!!! (US)

Please make everything Mac friendly too Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Laughing

Thanks Dugga and Red and all the Great Monkey Family

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 02:10:06 AM »

I'd like a place to talk that isn't open to public view.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 02:11:29 AM »

IBE Mac friendly?  Laughing  Laughing

It all sounds very exciting and thank you and Red for working so hard to make all of these improvements.

I continue to stand with the girl.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 02:31:36 AM »

THE ANTICIPATION is killing me Wink
old fart....loved your description...i feel like the wizard of oz behind the curtain Laughing
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2007, 02:56:39 AM »

This is SO exciting.
Many thanks to Red, Dugga, Klaas and all concerned for bringing this to us.

Waiting..... waiting......

Laughing  Laughing

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 06:07:55 AM »

Sounds like some  cool stuff coming our way,  Please  add my Thanks to Red, Dugga, Klaas and all involved .  Best of luck on the change .
  PS  Just a question if I may ?
   Rumor has it that Klaas has been seen editing the boards  while not wearing the official SM underwear  ??  Is this true ?  Inquireing mind  wants to know . " snicker ,snicker "
                                                      onery   Ol Jerry from Ohio

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 07:22:08 AM »

Question - New people! (we're reopening the forum doors to the public)

Shocked This means that any ole' Joe Blow will be able to post w/o having to be approved? If so, I fear what this wonderful place will turn into.   I sure pity Klaas and San...they will be working 10X as hard in keeping this place civil. The Ru'er and Fob'ers will filter in here like stink on shit...we will become their new battlefield.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 07:41:41 AM »

Will we have a backup site, in case of "construction" delays or other unforeseen problems??
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 09:02:03 AM »

It sounds fantabulous!

I'm a little nervous about the forum changes, but I'll adjust ~ it's good and will keep me on my toes.  Very Happy

I'm somewhat concerned about the *reopening the forum doors to the public* . . .  Shocked  Shocked
Somehow, I picture a free-for-all with SandraK and others coming out of the woodwork ~  yikes~

I trust you all, though.  Wink  Wink
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 09:20:51 AM »

If it were only the restoration of some the early archives -- it would have been enough  Laughing

And now my original SM tank top is becoming 'vintage' Exclamation   Laughing

Sincerely -- thanks for all of you that keeps this place humming.

And keeping Natalee's true story out there. You are all very fine folk.

sharon

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 09:48:36 AM »

Quote from: "Nut44x4"

Shocked This means that any ole' Joe Blow will be able to post w/o having to be approved? If so, I fear what this wonderful place will turn into.   I sure pity Klaas and San...they will be working 10X as hard in keeping this place civil. The Ru'er and Fob'ers will filter in here like stink on shit...we will become their new battlefield.

have no fear... the deactivactivate button is near... and there are other people being tapped to help Klaas and San... it will be good... you'll see!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "Nut44x4"

have no fear... the deactivactivate button is near... and there are other people being tapped to help Klaas and San... it will be good... you'll see!

Deactivate is a good thing IF it deactivates the IP address...not just their forum name. Coming back w/ new name is a favorite of many.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 10:14:21 AM »

Great news; thank you so much Dugga(s) and Red!  Will the new site refresh automatically after each post?

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.