April 26, 2024, 01:55:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SCARED MONKEYS  (Read 13874 times)
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2007, 01:45:33 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "tcumom"
I'm just wondering if there's a wait that we could return to our original post/reply after we hit the submit button.

That might help the folks who are behind, and feel that replies are ignored.  I noticed a few people mentioning that tonight.

Hope this makes sense.  I love the countdown.  Glad it's not doomsday.  Shocked

After I post, I hit the "back" button twice and it takes me to where I was reading before I posted.  (It will also tell you if it's time to clean your mouse balls).

Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed
Peaches ~ how embarrassing to admit that I'm so lazy I don't like to hit the "back" button twice. . . that is what I do, though.  Never thought I was lazy 'til I thought about this. . .  Wink  Very Happy
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 02:33:20 PM »

Thanks Dugga, Red, and Kllas for all your hard work.  Guess I'll go to bed early when ya'll do your swithover thingamajig.  Looking forward to all the new stuff.

Did ya'll know that when you want to post a reply just right click the post reply thingy, then click on "open in new window"  type in your reply , hit submit, and then close that window.  You'll be right back where you were.   Yep, I do know sumpin about these machines.  Laughing   That's about it though.

Also if you need to leave, but want to save your place just right click on the last page you have read and save to "favorites" .  Then when you come back just click on favorites and click on the page you last saved.  Oh it's important to delete those pages from your favorites now and then cause you get so many pages listed you will get confused.  Embarassed  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Cool    Now how cool is that!!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Dear Dugga Claus  

Here is what I'd like for Christmas in July:

PMs
Edit Button
Ignore Button
Instructions on navigating the new forum software

Thanks!  

I vote for all of the above except the EDIT button.  I'd hate to see posters start deleting their entire posts like what happens at some other forums.  I know not having the edit button is irritating when we misspell things but it can be humorous as well.

Just curious Klaas, about why it would be a problem of deleting an entire post, if somebody changes there mind or wants to reread it?  I just want it to edit my mistakes.  We all know Angie needs it!   Laughing
Yes, it can be funny at times, but it would save space, and less to posts to read through, when people need to repost to fix errors.....

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2007, 02:38:20 PM »

Quote from: "snoopy"
Thanks Dugga, Red, and Kllas for all your hard work.  Guess I'll go to bed early when ya'll do your swithover thingamajig.  Looking forward to all the new stuff.

Did ya'll know that when you want to post a reply just right click the post reply thingy, then click on "open in new window"  type in your reply , hit submit, and then close that window.  You'll be right back where you were.   Yep, I do know sumpin about these machines.  Laughing   That's about it though.

Also if you need to leave, but want to save your place just right click on the last page you have read and save to "favorites" .  Then when you come back just click on favorites and click on the page you last saved.  Oh it's important to delete those pages from your favorites now and then cause you get so many pages listed you will get confused.  Embarassed  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Cool    Now how cool is that!!

Snoop, great ideas!  Though I knew it could be done,  I never thought of opening a new window for posting.  This is turning into a good tips thread too!

Dugga, with your expertise,  maybe you have more tips to add?

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2007, 02:43:10 PM »

Quote from: "Nut44x4"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
Question - New people! (we're reopening the forum doors to the public)

Shocked This means that any ole' Joe Blow will be able to post w/o having to be approved? If so, I fear what this wonderful place will turn into.   I sure pity Klaas and San...they will be working 10X as hard in keeping this place civil. The Ru'er and Fob'ers will filter in here like stink on shit...we will become their new battlefield.

have no fear... the deactivactivate button is near... and there are other people being tapped to help Klaas and San... it will be good... you'll see!

Deactivate is a good thing IF it deactivates the IP address...not just their forum name. Coming back w/ new name is a favorite of many.

I am sure that has been thought of.  We have been through all this before and survived.  I would like to see an ability to edit my own posts.  Sometimes the pen falls from me poor little beak and me misspells or forgots a word or two.  

However, whatever!!!!!! Wink

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »

Could we have a little box near the page #'s with a go to page option please?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2007, 08:15:44 PM »

Dugga & monkeys,

I signed off earlier and just a bit ago foun 2 emails from SM management, with a link to the page where I left off.  Not sure why I rec'd 2 but it worked fine...brought me right back.

The emails also went to my Bulk folder, where Spam goes, so I just marked them 'not spam'.

It's been so long, I don't even remember it we had this in 2005... Laughing

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »

Oh... that was one of my suggestions... I hope so!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2007, 10:21:42 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Dugga & monkeys,

I signed off earlier and just a bit ago foun 2 emails from SM management, with a link to the page where I left off.  Not sure why I rec'd 2 but it worked fine...brought me right back.

The emails also went to my Bulk folder, where Spam goes, so I just marked them 'not spam'.

It's been so long, I don't even remember it we had this in 2005... Laughing

I checked my spam and didn't see anything in there or my inbox....

I also like the idea of putting in page #'s!  Great idea!

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2007, 11:47:06 PM »

Wouldn't that be awesome!!  Great idea!!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2007, 10:40:27 PM »

Can I have a KISS ME.. I HAVE COOTIES avi?   Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2007, 10:54:34 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Can I have a KISS ME.. I HAVE COOTIES avi?   Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

OH honey please just put that in the CBB thread... and I am sure she will fix you right up!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2007, 11:39:55 AM »

OK well like I have always said - life is all about change!!!  Very Happy  Everything that lives is either growing or it's dying!!!  So I too, look forward to it.

However, fellow monkeys who know me --- sometimes I get ahead of myself or behind myself - so any technical help will be greatly appreciated should I need any!   If I miss something - just point me in the right direction.

And to all the Monkey Managers and Monitors - Very Very Nice!!!

Very Happy

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2007, 03:07:33 AM »

Will I still be allowed to be a member of this group???

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2007, 04:27:19 AM »

Allrighty, here we go... We'll be back in a few hours!
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2007, 07:58:50 AM »

And here we are!

I've still got some tweaking to do, but I think I'll be more up to that task after some sleep.

I know we need to deal with the missing smileys, and I have a few style sheet issues to work on to get things exactly the way I want them, but it is coming along. I'll be making progress on this throughout the weekend, little by little.

Thanks, enjoy!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2007, 08:14:51 AM »

And here we are!

I've still got some tweaking to do, but I think I'll be more up to that task after some sleep.

I know we need to deal with the missing smileys, and I have a few style sheet issues to work on to get things exactly the way I want them, but it is coming along. I'll be making progress on this throughout the weekend, little by little.

Thanks, enjoy!

Thanks, Dugga! You did good!  Smile

I Stand With The Girl
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2007, 08:22:10 AM »

WOW....WOW

Thanks Dugga

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2007, 08:25:54 AM »

Thank you so much.  It's beautiful. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2007, 08:47:43 AM »

Thank you.

Chat is "half way installed". I don't want to mess with things too much until I catch a few z's, so chat will be coming later this weekend.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.