April 24, 2024, 07:28:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Dead Zone - Unsolved MP cases in NW Louisiana (merged)  (Read 46650 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 08:45:23 PM »

Bringing this forward for Nut44x4 and Carolyn.

Excellent--Thanks!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 08:59:29 PM »

Okay...I will bring my earlier post over here...

Unsolved missing persons cases
Here are some of the cases of missing persons in northwest Louisiana:

Bienville Parish
Robert Earl Davis, also known as “Mook,” 42, of Ringgold, last seen on Nov. 28, 2002, walking in the 700 block of Stateline Road five miles north of Ringgold. He has Down syndrome.

Caddo Parish
Kristi Gwen O’Pry, 36, was last seen July 19, 1996 at her sister’s house on Meriwether Road in Shreveport. She left the home around dusk to run errands with a friend who later said he dropped her off at what was then Southpark Mall and now Summer Grove Baptist Church.

April Brown, 44, was last seen at her home in Mooringsport on July 6, 2001. Family members said April left home about 9:30 p.m. with an unknown male driving an early '90s model dark-colored Chevy Cavalier. The man she accompanied was described as white, about 6 feet tall and with brown hair over his ears and long side burns.

Claiborne Parish
Rodney Capers, 36, of Homer, last seen July 14 walking near the intersection of state Highway 531 and U.S. Highway 79 in Minden. He was carrying a Bible and backpack.

Bossier City
Penelope M. Madanat, 23, of Bossier City, last seen leaving Cowboys nightclub -- now Rockin’ Rodeo -- on Oct. 26, 1991.

Darrell M. Wells, 31, of Bossier City, last seen on Dec. 25, 2001, after leaving his parents’ home in Bossier City. His pickup was found five days later in a Bossier City parking lot near the Shreveport-Barksdale Bridge.

Christopher M. Pierce, 18, last seen May 13, 2003, leaving work at the Taco Bell restaurant in the 4100 block of Barksdale Boulevard in his 1988 red Jeep pickup with Louisiana license plate W031965.

Bossier Parish
Clinton Nelson, 21, last was seen visiting friends Sept. 1 at a Princeton residence. He had moved from South Dakota to the Haughton area to stay with his father, his mother said. Nelson left behind a $2,000 paycheck and had no transportation, credit cards or financial means other than maybe a few dollars in cash.

Gregory Alonzo Vice, Jr., 23, of Princeton, last seen March 21, 2000, on state Highway 71 south of Bossier City. Detectives suspect foul play.

DeSoto Parish
Lurline Dewitt, 77, of Mansfield. Reported missing Sept. 27, 1996, after her son awoke to find her missing and a carport door open.

Syble Brumley, 76, of Mansfield. Was last seen April 28, 1997. Damage to the front door and items in disarray inside the house indicate she was taken by force.

Deshanna D. Gray, 28, also known as “DeeDee,” reported missing Nov. 22, 2000, from Logansport. Last seen getting into a truck with someone in the Japan Quarters.

Constance Anderson, 19, of South Mansfield. Reported missing Jan. 24. Last seen at her home. She left the house with her cell phone.
Natchitoches Parish

Wilson Demars, reported missing in June 1988 from Natchitoches Parish. Additional details are unavailable.

Kara Vaughn, 39, reported missing Nov. 11, 1993, from her mother’s residence in Natchitoches. Last seen in a 1978 Honda Civic with California license plates.

Michael Orsborn, 38, of Provencal. Last seen Jan. 31 about one mile from his residence. Car found in a ditch.
Red River Parish

Faye Aline Self, 26, of Coushatta, reported missing March 30, 1983. Last seen at Alice’s Wagon Wheel in Armistead. Her car was still in the parking lot the next day.

Ernest L. Franklin, 56, was last seen Dec. 25, 2003.

Patrick D. Tompkins Sr., 41, was last seen Sept. 28, 2002, at his mother’s home in 3300 block of Old Mooringsport Road in Shreveport. While there, he made statements that he “couldn’t take it anymore.” He then ran out the back of the home and fired two shots.

Webster Parish
Wilda Jean Cross, 39, of Sibley. Reported missing in March 1992 when she failed to meet her husband in Shreveport. Cross was a champion barefoot water skier.
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=NEWS03

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 06:02:44 AM »

Posted this yesterday in the Musings thread and even though it is further east than where you are talking about it is interesting. Also saw another young man missing in Georgia on the State of Georgia website, will try and find it and post.

Justin Gaines 11/1/2007 missing,Snellville,Ga...Jason Roark missing 11/9/2006, Snellville Ga...and Ben Stanford missing 11/5/2007 from Alliston Al, car found in Villa Rica,Ga which is 52 miles from Snellville.
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 01:34:43 PM »

Posted this yesterday in the Musings thread and even though it is further east than where you are talking about it is interesting. Also saw another young man missing in Georgia on the State of Georgia website, will try and find it and post.

Justin Gaines 11/1/2007 missing,Snellville,Ga...Jason Roark missing 11/9/2006, Snellville Ga...and Ben Stanford missing 11/5/2007 from Alliston Al, car found in Villa Ria,Ga which is 52 miles from Snellville.

How far are all of these compared to the Houston and Shreveport area? One of the theories is that someone is traveling the highway/interstates.  Also how old are these people? One of the things that strikes me from the list in Louisiana is that many are in the 18-30 age range and there are quite a few males. I know statistically there are more males missing than females but I am curious to know if any of the cases can be connected.  I think this was the primary purpose of "Project Dead Zone".  I don't mean to trivialize any of the missing people regardless of who, where, or what a person was doing, all missing deserve to be found.  I am just wondering if there is a connection. I know that there are two or three serial killers that have been found in this area....

Carolyn

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 01:40:50 PM »

Justin Gaines 11/1/2007 missing,Snellville,Ga...Jason Roark missing 11/9/2006, Snellville Ga...and Ben Stanford missing 11/5/2007 from Alliston Al, car found in Villa Ria,Ga which is 52 miles from Snellville.

How far are all of these compared to the Houston and Shreveport area? One of the theories is that someone is traveling the highway/interstates.  Also how old are these people? One of the things that strikes me from the list in Louisiana is that many are in the 18-30 age range and there are quite a few males. I know statistically there are more males missing than females but I am curious to know if any of the cases can be connected.  I think this was the primary purpose of "Project Dead Zone".  I don't mean to trivialize any of the missing people regardless of who, where, or what a person was doing, all missing deserve to be found.  I am just wondering if there is a connection. I know that there are two or three serial killers that have been found in this area....

Carolyn

Carolyn... Justin is 18, Benjamin 17 and Jason was 26 when he disappeared a year ago. I am wondering what is going on too! I believe the other young man I read about yesterday was also in this age group(will have to check thoug)...strange about him..he used to live in Snellville and his family still does, which is where Justin and Jason are missing from.
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 01:45:18 PM »

Bringing this forward for Nut44x4 and Carolyn.

Excellent--Thanks!

Thanks Mum and Nut, I think it might be a good idea for any known missing person's cases to be mapped out and some how color code male and female, and then remove the ones that the person responsible is known or at least highly probable, to see if there are connections.  I know one of the connections was that many of the people that have gone missing have gone missing from or around convenient stores and/or pay phones.  Thanks

Carolyn

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 01:50:22 PM »

Carolyn

Carolyn... Justin is 18, Benjamin 17 and Jason was 26 when he disappeared a year ago. I am wondering what is going on too! I believe the other young man I read about yesterday was also in this age group(will have to check thug)...strange about him..he used to live in Snellville and his family still does, which is where Justin and Jason are missing from.

Mum....how far is this area from the Shreveport/Bossier area?  It is odd that all are in this age range.  I know there are some that have suggested Clinton was taken for some kind of sex slave, I have even been told that the FBI is investigating some of these cases because of that possible connection.  I can tell you though, if that were the scenario, my son is dead.  My son has a major phobia and he would fight with everything he had.  Thanks

Carolyn

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 03:11:54 PM »

Just noting that Jason Roark looks young for his age...

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 03:21:09 PM »

Just noting that Jason Roark looks young for his age...

I know that Clinton, Christopher Pearce, and Gregory Alonzo Vice Jr. All look young.  I am not sure about the rest. 

Thanks
Carolyn

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »

Dear Carolyn - you are correct. The FBI stats for missing persons are 53% male - 47% female according to the FBI stats from 2005 -

As you can see, this is just for adults. Total of missing persons (including children) according to the FBI is roughly 110,000. (I know!!! - the figure is truly astonishing. That is more people than live on the island of Aruba. Basically, a small city is missing). Some of these children are taken in a custody battle. They are listed as missing none the less, because they are!!

Then there is this -

If we look at the figures logically and remove a small percentage of those missing due to their own desire to start over. We are still left with an unbelievable amount of missing persons.

In a conversation with Detective Joel Wright earlier this year. (Grande and I developed some info in Jennifer Kesse's case) Det. Wright told me that the OLE (Orlando Law Enforcement) was about to develop a missing persons squad.

The crime stats for Orlando have quadrupled over the last two years and the bodies of those missing are  - well, missing. They know a homicide has occurred, but the bodies are not found and available for analysis. It makes solving cases very difficult, as you can imagine. Det. Wright attributed a good bit of the crime (if not almost all of it) to the surge in illegal immigration. You may know - that 22% of all federal inmates are illegals.

Needless to say - the police are simply overwhelmed.

In my humble opinion, the situation has reached epic proportions and something needs to be done immediately. A large margin of the criminals do not fear the LE. Sad, but true. I grew up in an era where the police were respected and admired. Not so today. A lot of people will not even come forward and report what they know or witnessed. Cowards! You know - No Snitching!!!

Not a day goes by that the Monkey Board is not posting about a new case. Then another one tomorrow. And it will go on like this until something is done.

I personally do not have the answers. I, and so many others, have thought about this issue and don't even know where to start. But I do know this - it needs to be addressed on a National level.

Perhaps the FBI needs to dedicate the needed resources and talent to this issue. I realize that terrorism is a the main focus of the FBI, but Good Lord - what about all these people missing? Do they not mean anything to anyone but the people on these boards?

Anyway - I hope and pray you get your answers very soon. Know we do care.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 04:02:45 PM »

Thanks Rob..hey...I posted a bit more in the Joel Gove thread...it was him...mummified!

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 04:04:34 PM »

Thanks Rob..hey...I posted a bit more in the Joel Gove thread...it was him...mummified!

Hey ya Nut . . I saw... Let's take this over there.

I have something to tell ya.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 09:43:18 PM »

Dear Carolyn - you are correct. The FBI stats for missing persons are 53% male - 47% female according to the FBI stats from 2005 -

As you can see, this is just for adults. Total of missing persons (including children) according to the FBI is roughly 110,000. (I know!!! - the figure is truly astonishing. That is more people than live on the island of Aruba. Basically, a small city is missing). Some of these children are taken in a custody battle. They are listed as missing none the less, because they are!!

Then there is this -

If we look at the figures logically and remove a small percentage of those missing due to their own desire to start over. We are still left with an unbelievable amount of missing persons.

In a conversation with Detective Joel Wright earlier this year. (Grande and I developed some info in Jennifer Kesse's case) Det. Wright told me that the OLE (Orlando Law Enforcement) was about to develop a missing persons squad.

The crime stats for Orlando have quadrupled over the last two years and the bodies of those missing are  - well, missing. They know a homicide has occurred, but the bodies are not found and available for analysis. It makes solving cases very difficult, as you can imagine. Det. Wright attributed a good bit of the crime (if not almost all of it) to the surge in illegal immigration. You may know - that 22% of all federal inmates are illegals.

Needless to say - the police are simply overwhelmed.

In my humble opinion, the situation has reached epic proportions and something needs to be done immediately. A large margin of the criminals do not fear the LE. Sad, but true. I grew up in an era where the police were respected and admired. Not so today. A lot of people will not even come forward and report what they know or witnessed. Cowards! You know - No Snitching!!!

Not a day goes by that the Monkey Board is not posting about a new case. Then another one tomorrow. And it will go on like this until something is done.

I personally do not have the answers. I, and so many others, have thought about this issue and don't even know where to start. But I do know this - it needs to be addressed on a National level.

Perhaps the FBI needs to dedicate the needed resources and talent to this issue. I realize that terrorism is a the main focus of the FBI, but Good Lord - what about all these people missing? Do they not mean anything to anyone but the people on these boards?

Anyway - I hope and pray you get your answers very soon. Know we do care.

Rob,
Thank you for this information.  I knew some of this, I did not know others.  I am curious, were the statistics done before or after Katrina.  Is Katrina the reason that Liaising has so many more missing people than other areas?  Have you ever seen anything about ages of the missing?  Is there anyway to narrow down the # of missing to certain geographic areas besides states, like how many people are actually missing within a 100 mile radius?  Is there some way to compare data on the missing cases to look for similarities? 

Thanks

Carolyn

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2007, 09:22:11 AM »

Carolyn...It is almost 600 miles from Princeton to Atlanta. Interstate 20 runs from Dallas to Atlanta and further. Ben Stafford's body was found yesterday off of I-20 at Villa Rica. He went missing from Alliston,Al and his credit card was used at Lincoln,Al. This is all on I-20. Snellville,Ga is where the other two young men are missing from and this is just east of Atlanta and as far as I can tell,just off of the Atlanta bypass.

I will see what I can find about missing males, 18-30 years old along I-20 and also going to Houston. If we can make a list, maybe Klaas will help us with a map. I was going to start with males as all of a sudden this seems overwhelming. Your truckdriver theory is starting to make a lot of sense.

Also interested in the couple you mentioned in the midwest.
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2007, 11:03:57 AM »

Carolyn...It is almost 600 miles from Princeton to Atlanta. Interstate 20 runs from Dallas to Atlanta and further. Ben Stafford's body was found yesterday off of I-20 at Villa Rica. He went missing from Alliston,Al and his credit card was used at Lincoln,Al. This is all on I-20. Snellville,Ga is where the other two young men are missing from and this is just east of Atlanta and as far as I can tell,just off of the Atlanta bypass.

I will see what I can find about missing males, 18-30 years old along I-20 and also going to Houston. If we can make a list, maybe Klaas will help us with a map. I was going to start with males as all of a sudden this seems overwhelming. Your truckdriver theory is starting to make a lot of sense.

Thanks Mum,
I am interested to see what comes of this.  I know the area that Clinton and Gregory Alonzo Vice Jr. disappeared from are right off of I 20.  The exit to and from I-20 is less than 1/4 mile....if you go right you head towards Haughton (where Clinton was living) if you go left you go towards Princeton (where Clinton was last seen).  Also I read a report that said Gregory disappeared on this same road.  I will have to check on Christopher...I know he was last seen at work (at a fast food restaurant) and disappeared at night but I am not sure if where he was working is close to I-20.  Thanks

Carolyn

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 11:19:29 AM »

I posted this yesterday under News of the Day here at SM. Perhaps it is better served here.

Body Found Near I-20/59 CBS 42 News

A horrific discovery is under investigation in Bessemer where a decomposing body was found along I-20/59 at the 19th Street exit.

The victim was discovered on Sunday afternoon, but police were on the scene a good portion of Monday gathering evidence.  Investigators are saying very little about this case.

Right now there is no word on who the victim is or how that person died.
http://www.wiat.com/news/local/11236331.html

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 12:47:04 PM »

What are you asking about here?

Thanks
Carolyn

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 01:06:46 PM »

Thanks
Carolyn

Sorry Carolyn..I thought you mentioned there may have been a couple of missing in the midwest either on a major hwy or associated with truck drivers, will go back and find the post for tomorrow!

I have found 1 other than Clinton, Gregory and Christopher on I-20 in La. He is James Wiggins ,DOB 1981,missing since 2002 from Rushton, which is between Princeton and Monroe.My guess about 50 miles from Princeton. Also looking into 5 cases in Georgia.

I have asked Klaas to send you my email, in case I can help with anything on the upcoming search. You can then forward it to Angelala at BFN.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2007, 01:11:49 PM »

I posted this yesterday under News of the Day here at SM. Perhaps it is better served here.

Body Found Near I-20/59 CBS 42 News

A horrific discovery is under investigation in Bessemer where a decomposing body was found along I-20/59 at the 19th Street exit.

The victim was discovered on Sunday afternoon, but police were on the scene a good portion of Monday gathering evidence.  Investigators are saying very little about this case.

Right now there is no word on who the victim is or how that person died.
http://www.wiat.com/news/local/11236331.html

Nut...posted this in the other thread...there is an endangered missing runaway,16, missing from Bessemer on 2/17/2007. Will include him in my list on I-20 as I haven't even looked at missing kids yet.
carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 02:21:21 PM »

Thanks
Carolyn

Sorry Carolyn..I thought you mentioned there may have been a couple of missing in the midwest either on a major hwy or associated with truck drivers, will go back and find the post for tomorrow!

I have found 1 other than Clinton, Gregory and Christopher on I-20 in La. He is James Wiggins ,DOB 1981,missing since 2002 from Rushton, which is between Princeton and Monroe.My guess about 50 miles from Princeton. Also looking into 5 cases in Georgia.

I have asked Klaas to send you my email, in case I can help with anything on the upcoming search. You can then forward it to Angelala at BFN.

Mum,
I think I was probably talking about Eric Michelson, he murdered and dismembered Kristi O'Pry and an elderly gentleman from Louisiana.  Kristi's disappearance has a lot of similarities to Clinton's so I called the Detective working the case because Eric Michelson admitted that he is involved in six cases. But he is only named two of them.  The detective said that the other cases they believe are in the midwest possible some in Ohio.  I really don't know any more than than and I have not seen any more news about it.  I know the detective told me he was sending alerts out to LE in other states. 

As far as your willingness to help....Thank you.  All help is appreciated.

Thanks
Carolyn

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.