March 18, 2024, 08:17:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #666 7/26 - 7/27/2007  (Read 129841 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #740 on: July 27, 2007, 10:38:02 PM »

Quote from: "Karo"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
A friend had bought the brand new Billy Joel 8-Track tape and it filled the car as we drove down to Nu Awlins with a couple of girls.  Our hotel was in Fat City and we finally tripped the lock about daylight.

Easy, it was so funny to read this.  I am VERY near Fat City right now and you would not recognize Fat City.  It's gone down a lot  Sad  but there are still nice neighborhoods nearby.  

In 1977 I was in Baton Rouge.

30 minutes left?

Yeah, Fat City took a dive, but it was the place for a short time and I was there!  Almost like a sock monkey. lol
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #741 on: July 27, 2007, 10:38:25 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
I was just trying to remember something  I should know  
What the heck did RBN  stand for  ????

Rumors and Breaking News?

I Stand With The Girl
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #742 on: July 27, 2007, 10:38:39 PM »

I hope we have, like we did in the old forum, pre crash... a thread just for shango/code talkers...

I love to read it but I feel like I am imposing if I talk about anything else...  

that way the shango tango can go uninterrrupted and the rest of us don't feel like we are being rude....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: July 27, 2007, 10:39:32 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

Shocked  Oh no you don't.. do you want that kitty near you?

That is one skeeery kitty!!!! Shocked  Shocked

Hi BT, where is this kitty I've been hearing so much about?
Also, when does the forum get shut down? I can't read back right now...TIA!

The forum goes down at 11pm Eastern time and hopefully will be back up by 2am Eastern time.

Is that kind of like Last Call?  Laughing
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #744 on: July 27, 2007, 10:40:35 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Quote from: "AZLady"
Lala's, this might be heresy, but I don't think too much of Shango.  Actually, I think he was one of the primary players in the misinformation campaign.  Since there was so much chatter about the case on the blogs and in internet discussions, I believe Shango's riddles were created to distract and detract the internet community.  Online games and riddles have been used in the past to introduce new products and garner interest before the introduction of a new book, movie, or product.  I do believe Shango was created as a PR stunt and thrown at the internet community to spread disinformation in the case.  I think he was discontinued when the FBI and the Holloway family looked into who he was and his information sources.

Well, here's my theory...Shango was in a different area of the situation than Simian.  Simian was all ALE.  Simian never said one word about the ALE having any corrupt people. Anyone that studies this stuff for very long will realize that Simian supported the efforts of the ALE and you could not convince Simian that everything possible wasn't being done to find Natalee.  One the other side was Shango.  Shango had information that Simian didn't have.  It's there in the verses.  Shango used more symbolism than Simian.  Simian spoke plainly and Shango wanted to be more cryptic.  One thing that I find confusing when others say Shango was the disinformation side is how do you justify that given that even Shango knew things when Simian didn't.  Shango insisted there was drugs involved and went so far as to tell the location of a good place to find them.  We would not know about the rave parties were it not for Shango.  If Shango had been totally about disinformation then he would never have mentioned the raves, the lions, or even Dirty Hand.  If Shango wanted to divert everything away from what was really happening on Aruba he did a piss poor job of it, IMO.

I'm with Lala's Mom on this one! I would like to take it up more in our new cubes...

Destiny

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Karo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #745 on: July 27, 2007, 10:41:47 PM »

15 minutes left  Very Happy   Sad   Very Happy   Sad   Very Happy   Sad

I guess some of us have mixed feelings about this change!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: July 27, 2007, 10:41:55 PM »

SO MVick's hometown of Newport News, VA is giving him a group hug because he deserves a fair trial...

how stupid are some people?  Is this what the refugees planned while we were relaunching because they didn't have anything better to do?
 Rolling Eyes

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #747 on: July 27, 2007, 10:42:32 PM »

Lalas, you make some excellent points about Shango...I too am nostalgic about this old forum. I was looking at Cafe Press today at the ship and the bus  Laughing It doesn't seem like it's been over 2 years...

Bring Natalee home...
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #748 on: July 27, 2007, 10:43:14 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I am feeling nostalic...

Bendex... where in the world is bendex

scandi nor...

the duct tape experiments...

learning how to function on 3 hours of sleep at first because I couldn't leave the cage....

so many people I have missed...  (I see SouthGaGirl out there... she was recovering from breast cancer as I recall.)  

there have been so many prayers said and tears and hugs shed for each other as well as the family....

tickle me tito....

but I am ready at the same time to see the new stuff...!!

I tried to find TING's Menu today but no luck

Bringing your   party train over  
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zTo7BXlqcHs

Chit about 12 min left  

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: July 27, 2007, 10:43:21 PM »

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY READ IT, THIS IS A GREAT BOOK!  Laughing  Laughing

IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #750 on: July 27, 2007, 10:43:27 PM »

Quote from: "*******"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XO5Xd7_MXn4

thunderstruck... Wink

Now you got me rockin out Razz I think that and Back in Black are my fav's Smile

AC/DC rocks- funny this came up.  My cellphone ringtone is Back to Black and my wife's is Thunderstruck.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #751 on: July 27, 2007, 10:43:59 PM »

Lala's, I do think Shango knew what was happening, to the extent that his sources filled him in.  The drug involvement was not new--it was everyone's first suspicion.  The first post about Natalee missing had her leaving C&C's with a known drug dealer.  The rave culture is very well known and has existed for over 30 years.  It is especially huge in England and Netherlands, but my daughter went to raves in AZ ten years ago.  Middle class Americans may not be as aware of this culture, but it would be quite familiar to the youth group.  I don't think Shango popularized this as much as he glamorized it with his riddles and mysteriousness.  That's what I think he was hired to do--create a mysterious, glamorous, underworld and lead the internet bloggers on a riddling game, dropping clues and obvious allusions for them to discuss.  When we were playing his game, we were not fact-finding.  We were distracted by all sorts of fantastical and outlandish theories that we discussed for hours on end.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #752 on: July 27, 2007, 10:44:21 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

Shocked  Oh no you don't.. do you want that kitty near you?

That is one skeeery kitty!!!! Shocked  Shocked

Hi BT, where is this kitty I've been hearing so much about?
Also, when does the forum get shut down? I can't read back right now...TIA!

it's a kitty that lives in a nursing home and comforts the elderly right before they pass away....

the forum is shutting down at 11 est.

awwww, that's a sweet kitty...

So we only have 25 minutes?????

Angus was always one of my faves!!

That reminds me of a grocery store sign I once saw.  It read "Fresh Black Anus."  That struck me funny for some reason.   Cool  Laughing  Cool
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: July 27, 2007, 10:45:08 PM »

I think that the "key to Eden" was Shangoese for the hoped-for forensic evidence linking Natalee to the car and showing that a crime took place there.

One thing about it, I have never been sure that Natalee WAS actually harmed while in the car. I think it was at VDS home or elsewhere. The TRUNK, and what the FBI SUPPOSEDLY said about blood, I have never figured out.

Not much longer now, folks... we soon will have a new clean Cage.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #754 on: July 27, 2007, 10:46:40 PM »

Well, I have enjoyed life in the old cage and at my age I get apprehensive about new things.  So I guess I will just have to grin and bear it.

It's not long until the door slams for the very last time.  I hope Spooky remembers to get the lights for us.  Hugs to Nemo until the morning.  See you guys on the other side.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: July 27, 2007, 10:47:22 PM »

BTW I made sure I ordered my personalized mug from CafePress. This commercial brought to you by...  Wink

Hurry, only a few minutes left! Order now!

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #756 on: July 27, 2007, 10:47:38 PM »

well goodnight monkeys, if I don't get another chance to say it before the big moment...Prayers for you all!!!!!!!!!!

Bring Natalee home...
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #757 on: July 27, 2007, 10:48:11 PM »

Well, I have enjoyed life in the old cage and at my age I get apprehensive about new things.  So I guess I will just have to grin and bear it.

It's not long until the door slams for the very last time.  I hope Spooky remembers to get the lights for us.  Hugs to Nemo until the morning.  See you guys on the other side.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #758 on: July 27, 2007, 10:48:12 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
Anyone else feeling a little apprehensive (and nostalgic) about this forum changeover LOL?

I feel like "Oh, no. we are about to lose our old friend and we don't know what we're getting back in return..." We are always afraid of change.

BUT I KNOW it will be better and I have all the confidence in the world in Red and Dugga and all our technoMonkeys who will see this through.

Gotta read back... FAST  Wink

My concerns are that we will loose the closeness we have all had through the last 2 plus years. IMO if this board had been truly puplic I might have read but not posted. I know anyone can read here... am not sure I made this paragraph to say what I wanted it to.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #759 on: July 27, 2007, 10:48:14 PM »

Shocked  Shocked Go toward the light, Lalas. Go toward the light.

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.