March 28, 2024, 09:17:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #666 7/26 - 7/27/2007  (Read 130120 times)
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2007, 02:11:56 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Today the Centrale Bank van Aruba publishes its 2006 Annual Report. The statement by the
President, which is also included in this report, is presented below.

http://www.cbaruba.org/cba/readBlob.do?id=1071

(snipped)

After a subdued performance in 2005, activities in the tourism sector turned negative in
2006, as both stay-over visitors and their nights spent on Aruba fell by 5 percent and 4
percent, respectively, compared to a slight 1 percent rise in 2005
. The Aruba Tourism
Authority attributes this contraction to increased hotel rates in combination with a decline
in room availability during 2006, due to renovations and upgradings. Higher airfares
caused by a rise in fuel costs also had a negative impact. The performance in the cruise
tourism industry was more upbeat. Cruise passenger arrivals and port calls rose by 7
percent and 1 percent in 2006, respectively, following a decline of 4 percent and 2
percent in 2005. In total, almost 1.3 million stay-over and cruise tourists visited Aruba in 2006. Fortunately, the period December 2006 through February 2007 showed a positive
recovery in stay-over arrivals.

The sluggish performance in the tourism sector was also reflected in a 2 percent decline
in registered gross tourism receipts, compared to 2005, when a 4 percent increase was
registered. Conseque ntly, the contribution of tourism receipts to the current account
receipts of the balanc e of payments of the rest of the economy (excluding the oil and freezone
sectors) declined to 74 percent, 4 percentage points lower than in 2005
. Therefore,
the partial offsetting effect of the tourism sector income vis-à-vis the large other current
account outflows of the rest of the economy became smaller and, thus, contributed to a
further deterioration of the current account balance of the rest of the economy.

I am shocked, Klaas. Why, this goes against everything the posters in Aruba have been telling us the last year. They said tourism was booming.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2007, 02:14:02 PM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"
Today the Centrale Bank van Aruba publishes its 2006 Annual Report. The statement by the
President, which is also included in this report, is presented below.

http://www.cbaruba.org/cba/readBlob.do?id=1071

(snipped)

After a subdued performance in 2005, activities in the tourism sector turned negative in
2006, as both stay-over visitors and their nights spent on Aruba fell by 5 percent and 4
percent, respectively, compared to a slight 1 percent rise in 2005
. The Aruba Tourism
Authority attributes this contraction to increased hotel rates in combination with a decline
in room availability during 2006, due to renovations and upgradings. Higher airfares
caused by a rise in fuel costs also had a negative impact. The performance in the cruise
tourism industry was more upbeat. Cruise passenger arrivals and port calls rose by 7
percent and 1 percent in 2006, respectively, following a decline of 4 percent and 2
percent in 2005. In total, almost 1.3 million stay-over and cruise tourists visited Aruba in 2006. Fortunately, the period December 2006 through February 2007 showed a positive
recovery in stay-over arrivals.

The sluggish performance in the tourism sector was also reflected in a 2 percent decline
in registered gross tourism receipts, compared to 2005, when a 4 percent increase was
registered. Conseque ntly, the contribution of tourism receipts to the current account
receipts of the balanc e of payments of the rest of the economy (excluding the oil and freezone
sectors) declined to 74 percent, 4 percentage points lower than in 2005
. Therefore,
the partial offsetting effect of the tourism sector income vis-à-vis the large other current
account outflows of the rest of the economy became smaller and, thus, contributed to a
further deterioration of the current account balance of the rest of the economy.

I am shocked, Klaas. Why, this goes against everything the posters in Aruba have been telling us the last year. They said tourism was booming.

That booming they are taliking about is actually the implosion.  Both sound about the same.  Wink

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2007, 02:14:27 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
With all the recent drug busts, I'm sure life on Aruba is very unbearable for some losing their source of drugs.  Plus with all the other crapola going on in ARuba, no wonder Arubans dislike Americans so much lately.  Aruba truly is FUBARUBA.

I would still imagine the drugs from south America are still flowing through aruba.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2007, 02:15:10 PM »

I'm off to do some sightseeing.  Very Happy

You monkeys have a good afternoon!

I Stand With The Girl
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2007, 02:15:50 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
When Lorenzo was busted I found a comment on 24 ORA that said the pot was bound for Holland. I assume this includes the Winklaars and the other guy busted.

Total plants 984. It was not for the locals. This was Nederweed.

It was from seeds that came from Holland and pot doesn't grow very well in Holland unless it's under lamps in a hydroponic situation.

As we all know Lorenzo's nickname is Xtacy.

KLM runs drugs back and forth. It's a two way street. Drugs go both ways.

KLM employees have been busted in the past. KLM is the shipper of the Dutch and Belgium X to SA. Aruba is the distribution point. Then it goes further south.

Lorenzo is a middle man and he moves drugs in both directions.

Well, we all know that right? so what is new here? What that heck am I talking about?

The KLPD left Aruba the day before Lorenzo was busted. They were working directly with the ALE drug squad. They knew the bust was coming.

I believe that the KLPD has returned to Holland to round up the rest of the gang and to insure Lorenzo is not murdered he is locked up for his own protection and as a witness and suspect against those in Holland that are above him.

This is a massive drug operation that has been uncovered. Actually it didn't take alot to uncover it, all they had to do was open their frickin eyes.

ROB - very possible, good summation.  Now we need to figure out how Lorenzo ties into the NH case because I'm certain he does.

Klaas ... I agree.  Considering Lorenzo's drug activities has been known on the Island prior to Natalee Holloway going missing ... I speculate that his recent/current detainment pertaining to drug issues is just a smokescreen in an attempt to obscure his involvement in the Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

I contend that Joran, Deepak, Satish, Steve, Paulus, Geoffrey, Guido, Freddy and Lorenzo all participated to some extent in the events that encompass the morning that Natalee Holloway went missing.  I suspect that detainment of these suspects has provided those involved in the coverup in the Natalee Holloway investigation an opportunity to get stories straight/consistent prior to closing the file or ... deeming it a cold case.

Janet
+++++++++++++++

Joran, Deepak, Satish, Steve Croes and Paulus
FOX NEWS
June 24, 2005

Joran van der Sloot (search) and his friends Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are being held under suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder.

A fourth man, party boat DJ Steve Croes, is being held under the same conditions.

The fifth man, Paul van der Sloot (search) — the father of 17-year-old Joran — was being held on suspicion of complicity to pre-meditated murder, complicity to kidnapping and murder and kidnapping. Under the Aruban system, complicity is a lesser charge.

Geoffrey van Cromvoirt (GVC)
ABC NEWS
April 24, 2006

Geoffrey van Cromvoirt, 19, has been released into the custody of his parents after spending more than a week in an Aruba jail on suspicion of "criminal offenses that may be related to the disappearance" of Natalee Holloway.

Guildo Wever
FOX NEWS
May 22, 2006

Guido Wever, an Aruba national, is expected to face charges Tuesday in a Dutch courtroom connection with the disappearance of the high school senior. Wever's lawyer, Gerard Spong was expected to file a suit Monday to prevent his extradition to the Caribbean island on charges of "assisting in the murder, heavy battery and kidnapping" of the teen.

Helen Lejuez - Family's Aruban Attorney
Benvinda de Souza - Family's Aruban Attorney
At Large w/ Geraldo Rivera
August 27, 2005

BENVINDA DE SOUZA - ATTORNEY : The rearrest of the Kalpoe brothers is based on the new facts and circumstances that in the course of the investigation have come forward. Freddy who is Joran’s best friend and neighbour is always with Joran and the Kalpoe brothers has also been arrested. The official charges on Freddy Zedan-Arambatzis are intentionally distribute and show sexual images of a minor; intercourse with someone he knows is unconscious and sexual acts with a girl younger than 16 years. I do believe he will remain in custody for quite some time. It is my understanding, that strategically he is a very important suspect along with Joran and the Kalpoe brothers..

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2007, 02:22:14 PM »

Thanks for this reminder Janet.......this snip tells it all. It tells us exactly what the PIMPS have been up to, and it tells us that authorities are fully aware. Remember Freddie was released very soon after his arrest......

++++++++++++++

August 27, 2005

BENVINDA DE SOUZA - ATTORNEY : The rearrest of the Kalpoe brothers is based on the new facts and circumstances that in the course of the investigation have come forward. Freddy who is Joran’s best friend and neighbour is always with Joran and the Kalpoe brothers has also been arrested. The official charges on Freddy Zedan-Arambatzis are intentionally distribute and show sexual images of a minor; intercourse with someone he knows is unconscious and sexual acts with a girl younger than 16 years. I do believe he will remain in custody for quite some time. It is my understanding, that strategically he is a very important suspect along with Joran and the Kalpoe brothers..

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2007, 02:22:55 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"
With all the recent drug busts, I'm sure life on Aruba is very unbearable for some losing their source of drugs.  Plus with all the other crapola going on in ARuba, no wonder Arubans dislike Americans so much lately.  Aruba truly is FUBARUBA.

I would still imagine the drugs from south America are still flowing through aruba.

Sadly, you are most likely right.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: July 27, 2007, 02:23:46 PM »

Quote from: "truthseeker2"

That booming they are taliking about is actually the implosion.  Both sound about the same.  Wink

Here's some BS for you. If there were fewer rooms available why did their occupancy rate hit an all-time low in high season this year? It was 69% in May, 2007. Compared to the previous year, wouldn't the overall percentage have more readily increased if there were fewer rooms to fill?

percent, respectively, compared to a slight 1 percent rise in 2005. The Aruba Tourism
in room availability during 2006, due to renovations and upgradings.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2007, 02:24:15 PM »

TOURISM IS DOWN
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: July 27, 2007, 02:25:14 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Thanks for this reminder Janet.......this snip tells it all. It tells us exactly what the PIMPS have been up to, and it tells us that authorities are fully aware. Remember Freddie was released very soon after his arrest......

++++++++++++++

August 27, 2005

Yes, Freddy was released in the middle of the night.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: July 27, 2007, 02:28:23 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"

Klaas ... I agree.  Considering Lorenzo's drug activities has been known on the Island prior to Natalee Holloway going missing ... I speculate that his recent/current detainment pertaining to drug issues is just a smokescreen in an attempt to obscure his involvement in the Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

I contend that Joran, Deepak, Satish, Steve, Paulus, Geoffrey, Guido, Freddy and Lorenzo all participated to some extent in the events that encompass the morning that Natalee Holloway went missing.  I suspect that detainment of these suspects has provided those involved in the coverup in the Natalee Holloway investigation an opportunity to get stories straight/consistent prior to closing the file or ... deeming it a cold case.

Janet

Big question about Lorenzo is WHY NOW? He was quickly identified as a major drug dealer over two years ago when we first heard the name.

I agree this is more than a run of the mill pot bust. They could have done that anytime.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2007, 02:35:15 PM »

Janet

Big question about Lorenzo is WHY NOW? He was quickly identified as a major drug dealer over two years ago when we first heard the name.

I agree this is more than a run of the mill pot bust. They could have done that anytime.

Call me naive, but does anyone  think the investigation by KLPD turned up evidence that linked Lorenzo? I believe the pot/ and drugs were just an "excuse" to book him. Afterall I don't think these are new operations(pot/drugs hence his nicknames) therefore the fiorst times his house was searched in 2005 ALE likely saw and knew all about it.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #312 on: July 27, 2007, 02:36:19 PM »

I have a question. After two years, why has the Diario learned nothing on Lorenzo?

or are they not learning on purpose?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: July 27, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »

Janet

Dayhiker ... I believe that Aruba is about to either close the file or ... deem it a cold case.  Prio to this happening ... all rumors ... inconsistencies ... have to be dispelled.

It has been rumored since day one ... that Natalee had been ... alive or deceased ... at Lorenzo's place.  There was the rumored call that originated from that area to the VDS' cell.  There was the rumor that Natalee's clothes were found in Lorenzo's basement.  There is speculation that Paulus had the school bus pick up Joran on the highway near Lorenzo's house on the morning of May 31, 2007.

I consider Lorenzo's detainment ... taking care of final details in regards to the Natalee Holloway investigation.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: July 27, 2007, 02:40:49 PM »

...and Diario misspelled his name.  Who knows who to trust anymore!

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: July 27, 2007, 02:40:49 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
I have a question. After two years, why has the Diario learned nothing on Lorenzo?

or are they not learning on purpose?

Maybe they have learned something on him, and decided to back off...

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2007, 02:43:21 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
...and Diario misspelled his name.  Who knows who to trust anymore!

I hear that Leslie... so true so true...so few words make the post of the day in my book.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2007, 02:43:40 PM »

They found Anita's ancestors:

Giant wombat bone found in Australia

Fri Jul 27, 1:18 AM ET

SYDNEY (AFP) - Scientists in Australia announced Friday they had found the jawbone of a giant wombat the size of a large car that lived 20,000-40,000 years ago

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #318 on: July 27, 2007, 02:44:15 PM »

Find out jvds earns his gambling money.

I know someone that went to Vegas, free air, free rooms, free tournaments, free food for 10 days. stayed at Harrah's.

He came home and owed his credit cards $10,000.00.

Yea, everything was free all right..BS

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: July 27, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »

...and what is the big secret about who Lorenzo's mothers new husband is?

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.