March 28, 2024, 10:38:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #666 7/26 - 7/27/2007  (Read 130130 times)
shadow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2007, 02:48:36 PM »

Quote from: "Rob"
I have a question. After two years, why has the Diario learned nothing on Lorenzo?

or are they not learning on purpose?

Seems like no one wanted to say anything about him since the very beginning. All very hush hush and mysterious about Lorenzo.

There is a basin in the mind where words float around on thought and sound and sight. Then there is a depth of thought untouched by words, and deeper still a gulf of formless feelings untouched by thought. - Zora Neal Hurston
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2007, 02:48:42 PM »

Find out "how".

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
...and Diario misspelled his name.  Who knows who to trust anymore!

I hear that Leslie... so true so true...so few words make the post of the day in my book.

It's not just Diario..Another paper was calling him Van Rien Rolling Eyes Tito early in the case was mentioning someone called Lorenzo Wever Confused

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2007, 02:49:01 PM »

Quote from: "Dayhiker"
They found Anita's ancestors:

Giant wombat bone found in Australia

Fri Jul 27, 1:18 AM ET

SYDNEY (AFP) - Scientists in Australia announced Friday they had found the jawbone of a giant wombat the size of a large car that lived 20,000-40,000 years ago

I was emailed another photo of Charlierat today.  Actually it's a hairless Mole-Rat.  Thought maybe CR would like to use one of these pictures for his avatar  Laughing

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2007, 02:49:09 PM »

SYDNEY (AFP) - Scientists in Australia announced Friday they had found the jawbone of a giant wombat the size of a large car that lived 20,000-40,000 years ago

Laughing  Laughing

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2007, 02:49:30 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Today the Centrale Bank van Aruba publishes its 2006 Annual Report. The statement by the
President, which is also included in this report, is presented below.

http://www.cbaruba.org/cba/readBlob.do?id=1071

(snipped)

After a subdued performance in 2005, activities in the tourism sector turned negative in
2006, as both stay-over visitors and their nights spent on Aruba fell by 5 percent and 4
percent, respectively, compared to a slight 1 percent rise in 2005
. The Aruba Tourism
Authority attributes this contraction to increased hotel rates in combination with a decline
in room availability during 2006, due to renovations and upgradings. Higher airfares
caused by a rise in fuel costs also had a negative impact. The performance in the cruise
tourism industry was more upbeat. Cruise passenger arrivals and port calls rose by 7
percent and 1 percent in 2006, respectively, following a decline of 4 percent and 2
percent in 2005. In total, almost 1.3 million stay-over and cruise tourists visited Aruba in 2006. Fortunately, the period December 2006 through February 2007 showed a positive
recovery in stay-over arrivals.

The sluggish performance in the tourism sector was also reflected in a 2 percent decline
in registered gross tourism receipts, compared to 2005, when a 4 percent increase was
registered. Conseque ntly, the contribution of tourism receipts to the current account
receipts of the balanc e of payments of the rest of the economy (excluding the oil and freezone
sectors) declined to 74 percent, 4 percentage points lower than in 2005
. Therefore,
the partial offsetting effect of the tourism sector income vis-à-vis the large other current
account outflows of the rest of the economy became smaller and, thus, contributed to a
further deterioration of the current account balance of the rest of the economy.

I am shocked, Klaas. Why, this goes against everything the posters in Aruba have been telling us the last year. They said tourism was booming.

This will keep MF and rat busy all weekend. lol

You would think the island would be swarming with touirist just wanting to see Julia, Angela, Mark, MF, cootie-rat........... *yikes*  The thought of that alone would send me in the opposite direction!  Shocked
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2007, 02:49:33 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Thanks for this reminder Janet.......this snip tells it all. It tells us exactly what the PIMPS have been up to, and it tells us that authorities are fully aware. Remember Freddie was released very soon after his arrest......

++++++++++++++

Helen Lejuez - Family's Aruban Attorney
Benvinda de Souza - Family's Aruban Attorney
At Large w/ Geraldo Rivera
August 27, 2005

BENVINDA DE SOUZA - ATTORNEY : The rearrest of the Kalpoe brothers is based on the new facts and circumstances that in the course of the investigation have come forward. Freddy who is Joran’s best friend and neighbour is always with Joran and the Kalpoe brothers has also been arrested. The official charges on Freddy Zedan-Arambatzis are intentionally distribute and show sexual images of a minor; intercourse with someone he knows is unconscious and sexual acts with a girl younger than 16 years. I do believe he will remain in custody for quite some time. It is my understanding, that strategically he is a very important suspect along with Joran and the Kalpoe brothers..

Yes, Freddy was released in the middle of the night.

Why?  What happen to the "serious" suspicions that less than one week earlier warranted Freddy's detention.

Why was he released at approximately the same time of Joran, Deepak and Satish if his detainment had no relation to the Natalee Holloway case?

Janet

Noraina Pietersz - Defence Attorney
Associated Press
June 9, 2005

Under Aruban law, only serious suspicion from investigators — not solid evidence — is needed for a judge to rule that suspects can be held, Pietersz said.

Susan Candiotti - CNN Correspondent
NANCY GRACE
August 31, 2005

SUSAN CANDIOTTI, : And then, Nancy, something else was introduced into evidence, that the defense attorneys claim is not new, has been in the file for two months, and they can`t understand what this has to do with Natalee`s disappearance. And I`m a little uncertain about that, as well.

It involves another young man who law enforcement tells me has nothing to do with Natalee`s disappearance, who took some photographs of a 14-year- old girl, described as of a provocative nature, while Joran supposedly watched, as well as Deepak and a couple other young girls. Again, I`m not clear what this has to do with the case directly.

Diana Emerencia - Freddy's Aruban Attorney
DECATUR DAILY
August 31, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) — ...... A third man was arrested with the Kalpoes but his lawyer said Monday that it was unrelated to Holloway's disappearance.

Freddy Alexander Zedan-Arambatzis, a friend of van der Sloot and the Kalpoes, was arrested on suspicion of having unspecified "physical contact" with a female minor, said his lawyer, Diana Emerencia.

Zedan-Arambatzis, 21, is also suspected of photographing the girl in "tempting poses" and showing the images to other people, Emerencia said.

The Kalpoe brothers and van der Sloot are also suspected of involvement in the incidents, which allegedly occurred before Holloway disappeared, she said.

Emerencia said Zedan-Arambatzis has denied having any physical contact with the girl or taking photos of her, but has admitted to being present when the photos were taken.

The prosecutor's office declined to comment on the case.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: July 27, 2007, 02:49:46 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"

Dayhiker ... I believe that Aruba is about to either close the file or ... deem it a cold case.  Prio to this happening ... all rumors ... inconsistencies ... have to be dispelled.

It has been rumored since day one ... that Natalee had been ... alive or deceased ... at Lorenzo's place.  There was the rumored call that originated from that area to the VDS' cell.  There was the rumor that Natalee's clothes were found in Lorenzo's basement.  There is speculation that Paulus had the school bus pick up Joran on the highway near Lorenzo's house on the morning of May 31, 2007.

I consider Lorenzo's detainment ... taking care of final details in regards to the Natalee Holloway investigation.

Janet

Call me an optimist Tamikosmom but I disagree on them closing the case. I am still leaning toward Lorenzo helping in the disposal in some way than the party aspect but wouldn't be suprised either way. What a better way to put the squeeze on the slumph than to take his drugs and disco away from him? Just think, if the Dutchies decide to actually enforce their laws for a change he might get some real prison time.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #328 on: July 27, 2007, 02:53:14 PM »

Quote from: "*******"

I hear that Leslie... so true so true...so few words make the post of the day in my book.

It's not just Diario..Another paper was calling him Van Rien Rolling Eyes Tito early in the case was mentioning someone called Lorenzo Wever Confused

*******- Lorenzo is the third most notorious person on the island behind Mr Delicious and Paulus and nobody know a darn thang about him... huh????

+++

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: July 27, 2007, 02:54:01 PM »

I am not sure if it is on purpose or not, but spelling is a big problem. If you look at the many spellings for van der straaten, vanderstraten, van der stratten and likewise karen jansen, carin janssen etc  Evil or Very Mad

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: July 27, 2007, 02:55:20 PM »

Call me naive, but does anyone  think the investigation by KLPD turned up evidence that linked Lorenzo? I believe the pot/ and drugs were just an "excuse" to book him. Afterall I don't think these are new operations(pot/drugs hence his nicknames) therefore the fiorst times his house was searched in 2005 ALE likely saw and knew all about it.

Lorenzo has had two years to feel all comfy about his involvement in the case. With a nic like Xtasy no doubt he had some around the house. IMO, all we heard about was the weed. There's more. BB, do you think they found some forensics first time around as was rumored and this was possibly Cohen's slip up to the media?

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
BUCKSHOT
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: July 27, 2007, 02:55:34 PM »

And why is there still a blue blanket on the cliffs, to the left of the Natural Bridge, that no one will attempt to get and analyze? You can see that HERE

has this been debunked? i feel NH body has been destroyed. not in a bag for someone to find.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: July 27, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »

I have a question. After two years, why has the Diario learned nothing on Lorenzo?

Rob ... when Jossy could not confirm to Dana in the last Pretzer Show whether or not Lorenzo was Joran half brother ... the same thought went through my mind.  Inquiring minds have wanted to know this answer for two years.

Maybe an affirmative answer would have legal repercussiond.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: July 27, 2007, 02:56:49 PM »

I was emailed another photo of Charlierat today.  Actually it's a hairless Mole-Rat.  Thought maybe CR would like to use one of these pictures for his avatar  Laughing

OMG Klaas is that the pink running thingy only now it's grown teeth!!!! YIKES   Wink  Laughing

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #334 on: July 27, 2007, 02:58:24 PM »

Quote from: "BUCKSHOT"
And why is there still a blue blanket on the cliffs, to the left of the Natural Bridge, that no one will attempt to get and analyze? You can see that HERE (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h294/gummy_2006/arubasbody.jpg)

has this been debunked? i feel NH body has been destroyed. not in a bag for someone to find.

Is that an old photo?

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: July 27, 2007, 03:00:27 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Thanks for this reminder Janet.......this snip tells it all. It tells us exactly what the PIMPS have been up to, and it tells us that authorities are fully aware. Remember Freddie was released very soon after his arrest......

++++++++++++++

Helen Lejuez - Family's Aruban Attorney
Benvinda de Souza - Family's Aruban Attorney
At Large w/ Geraldo Rivera
August 27, 2005

BENVINDA DE SOUZA - ATTORNEY : The rearrest of the Kalpoe brothers is based on the new facts and circumstances that in the course of the investigation have come forward. Freddy who is Joran’s best friend and neighbour is always with Joran and the Kalpoe brothers has also been arrested. The official charges on Freddy Zedan-Arambatzis are intentionally distribute and show sexual images of a minor; intercourse with someone he knows is unconscious and sexual acts with a girl younger than 16 years. I do believe he will remain in custody for quite some time. It is my understanding, that strategically he is a very important suspect along with Joran and the Kalpoe brothers..

Yes, Freddy was released in the middle of the night.

Why?  What happen to the "serious" suspicions that less than one week earlier warranted Freddy's detention.

Why was he released at approximately the same time of Joran, Deepak and Satish if his detainment had no relation to the Natalee Holloway case?

Janet

Two words!  Rick Smid.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #336 on: July 27, 2007, 03:00:42 PM »

After all the stuff that has happened with NASA lately, the Aruban Astronaut Program looks like it's becoming a reality.

+++

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: July 27, 2007, 03:02:29 PM »

Quote from: "shadow"

Seems like no one wanted to say anything about him since the very beginning. All very hush hush and mysterious about Lorenzo.

In my theory ... Lorenzo's home plays a crucial role in the events of the morning when Natalee Holloway went missing.

TAMIKOSMOM'S THEORY

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=1059&start=0

_____

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: July 27, 2007, 03:02:59 PM »

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing  Laughing

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: July 27, 2007, 03:03:17 PM »

Here is the latest from Natalee's Freebirds:

ARUBAN AUTHORITIES IMPLICATE MAIN SUSPECTS IN NATALEE HOLLOW CASE

Within one week of Natalee Holloway's disappearance on Aruban soil under suspicious circumstance - there have been posts continually submitted to various internet message boards which depict an obvious agenda - an agenda to detract from the truth, and to obscure the real issue that a perceived corrupt investigation is distancing the main suspects from implication in the events encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 while shifting the focus on the victim and her family. Recently, the same agenda has been mirrored in the Aruban, Dutch and American media.

The following sourced quotes will reveal the truth regarding the main suspects - Paulus, Joran, Deepak and Satish - through the words of those with a foundational inside knowledge of the Natalee Holloway investigation.

A. GEROLD DOMPIG - DEPUTY CHIEF COMMISSIONER

1. Gerold Dompig stated on American Television to Rita Cosby that based on Joran's lies he was convinced that Joran, Deepak and Satish were guilty of wrongdoing.

Gerold Dompig - 'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' - 11-08-05
DOMPIG: I still believe that these boys have been lying, they're still lying, and everybody knows that by now. So there's no doubt in my mind that they know something, they're guilty of something.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12187266/

2. Gerold Dompig conceded to Rita Cosby on American Television that he had stated that it was his belief that Joran, Deepak and Satish were guilty - guilty as Hell. He also believed they were involved in her disappearance.

Gerold Dompig - 'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' - 11-02-05
COSBY: Do you believe, Chief—you said to me even before this interview that you believe the boys are guilty as hell. Do you believe they‘re involved in her disappearance?
DOMPIG: Yes.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9910586/from/RL.3/

3. Gerold Dompig stated on American Television to Rita Cosby that none of Joran's statements could be believed because his decarations kept changing in regards to the events of the morning of May 30, 2005 when Natalee Holloway went missing.

Gerold Dompig - 'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' - 10-17-05
DOMPIG: .... Joran went back and forth with his statements, and he withdrew two statements which he had already given to us. So basically, none of his statements were really trustworthy.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9727957/

4. Gerold Dompig conveys to Dan Abrams on American Television that Joran cannot be believed as inconsistencies abound in his official declarations.

Gerold Dompig - THE ABRAMS REPORT - 10-12-05
DOMPIG: Well, it would take me, I think, a little over two days to go over all the inconsistencies. None of the stories match up, let me put it that way. So when it comes to believing this individual, we know in which category to place him.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9676188

5. The implications of Gerold Dompig's words to Dan Abrams on American Television are huge. He states that those within the investigation are of the opinion no other person than Joran, Deepak and Satish could be responsible for whatever happened to Natalee Holloway.

Gerold Dompig - THE ABRAMS REPORT - 10-12-05
DOMPIG: Exactly. And I go by the rule of thumb that, in the first 40 days -- as I said in a different program -- the first 40 days, law enforcement has probably also already spoken to the perpetrators. So we feel strongly that we have already spoken to them. And there's no one else outside this group that could be involved or responsible.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9676188/page/2/

6. On American television Gerold Dompig tells Dan Abrams that every direction the Natalee Holloway investigation takes - the outcome implicates Joran, Deepak and Satish.

Gerold Dompig - THE ABRAMS REPORT - 10-12-05 DOMPIG: So sometimes people will ask us that, "Are you not tunnel-visioned? Maybe you should look at other possibilities." Of course. We did that. But we still feel that, every time you go on a path, a different path, that path leads back, comes back to these three boys.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9676188/page/2/

7. In a released statement to the Associated Press - Gerold Dompig revealed that there was an admission by one of the suspects in regards to what happened to Natalee Holloway. Dompig stated that the suspect was leading authorities to the location where this happening occurred.

Gerold Dompig - Associated Press - 06-12-05
Deputy Police Commissioner, Gerold Dompig, told The Associated Press that one of three young men arrested in the case admitted "something bad Happened" to Holloway and was leading police to the scene. Prosecutors refused to comment on Dompig's statement, and Dompig himself refused to identify which of the three young men who took Holloway to the Northern beach the night she went missing made the statement.
http://archive.seacoastonline.com/2005news/06122005/world/47255.htm

8. In the 48 Hours' interview with correspondent Troy Roberts - Gerold Dompig revealed that the investigation team was of the opinion that Joran, Deepak and Satish were all lying in regards to the Marriot Beach account of what took place on the morning when Natalee Holloway went missing.

Gerold Dompig - 48 HOURS - 03-22-06
Dompig laid out the latest scenario of what happened after Natalee was last seen driving off with van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers shortly after 1 a.m. He says investigators think the group did not go to the beach but that they possibly brought Natalie back to the van der Sloots' home.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/22/48hours/main1430644_page5.shtml

9. Dompig stated in interview with Bryan Burrough (Vanity Fair) that there is a possibility that something unfortunate may have happened when Joran lost his temper when Natalee resisted his advances.

Gerold Dompig - VANITY FAIR ARTICLE - 01-02-06
"The F.B.I. profiled him as a person who never has been corrected by his parents. He's the boss of what happens in that house. He's the boss in the family. He is allowed to do anything.… If a person like that is in a position where a person says, 'No,' well, that person may change completely. Maybe he blew a fuse when she wouldn't have sex with him, and something happened."
http://www.vanityfair.com/fame/features/2006/01/natalee200601?currentPage=9

10. Gerold Dompig stated to correspondent Troy Roberts in the 48 HOURS interview that Paulus was not being forthcoming regarding his knowledge of the morning that Natalee Holloway went missing.

Dompig says he believes Paulus Van der Sloot does know more than he has been telling about the circumstances surrounding Holloway's disappearance.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/22/48hours/main1430644_page3.shtml

11. Gerold Dompig's words in the 48 HOURS interview with correspondent Troy Roberts imply that Paulus played an active role in concealing the remains of Natalee Holloway.

The Aruban authorities’ new theory is that someone, someone possibly very close to the young suspects, took the time to carefully hide the body, not once but maybe twice, literally re-burying her.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/22/48hours/main1430644_page4.shtml

12. Gerold Dompig's official position within ALE implies that he must have derived his words to Rita Cosby from a foundation of knowledge - Dompig states that Joran's dispicable actions towards the person of Natalee Holloway consititues a felony under Dutch law.

Gerold Dompig - 'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' - 10-17-05
DOMPIG: They only went so far as to say that they fondled sexually. At least, Joran did that, and the others denied everything.
COSBY: Chief, you know, that Joran was claiming in some statement that she was gong in and out of consciousness. Have you seen that anywhere?
DOMPIG: Yes, that's definitely in the statements, and that‘s why we were kind of disappointed when the judge didn‘t accept that because that‘s basically a felony in Aruba.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9727957/

B. STEVE COHEN - SPOKESPERSON FOR THE INVESTIGATION

1. Steve Cohen's function as spokesperson for the Aruban investigation into Natalee Holloway's disappearance was to proclaim the truth to the media - the truth that was derived from a foundation of knowledge.

Steve Cohen - The Strategic Communications Task Force - 12-7-05
Aruba Selects Spokesman For North America
A coalition of groups announced Friday the appointment of Steve Cohen to act as spokesperson to North American media, in regards to the Natalee Holloway disappearance case. AHATA and the ATA appointed Cohen to deal with all media relations concerning the case which still commands media coverage in the United States. Mr. Cohen has been part of the Strategic Communications Task Force since its creation in June. He has a full knowledge of the case and is an associate of the Strategic Message Design.
http://www.arubatruth.com/?p=17

2. In his address the Caribbean Marketplace that was held in San Juan, Puerto Rico - Steve Cohen reveals that two of the main suspects in the Natalee Holloway investigation had sexual relations with the eighteen year old American citizen. This is the position that Natalee's mother - Beth Holloway - has stood by since the initial stages of the investigation.

Steve Cohen - Caribbean Voice - 01-18-06
Aruba stays afloat through Natalie Holloway's investigation
By Hazel Heyer
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico ... Aruba believes it is most important to get a hold of her mental state and most importantly, Natalee's physical state at the time of disappearance. "Two of the boys said they had consensual sex with her. Whether consensual or not, depends on her ability to be conscious and make a choice," said Cohen.
http://www.caribvoice.org/travel&tourism.html

3. Steve Cohen concedes to Phil McGraw that Joran, Deepak and Satish are guilty of wrongdoing and possess an indepth knowledge of events from the early morning hours of May 30, 2005.

Steve Cohen - Dr. Phil Show - 01-29-06
Steve explains, "Forensic materials continue to be collected. I think we've got our hands on some forensic material now that may actually open up the doors to the final results of this case." Dr. Phil asks him, "From your opinion, based on what you know, do you believe that these boys are guilty of wrongdoing here?" Steve says that he does. "Do the prosecutors believe they are guilty of wrongdoing?" Steve says that they do. "Do you believe that [the boys] have available, intimate knowledge of what happened to her that night?" Again, Steve confirms that he does.
http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=?id=&slide=7&null=null

4. In December, 2006 - Steve Cohen informed Rita Cosby on American Television that it was the intention of Aruban officials to bring Joran, Deepak and Satish in for questioning regarding timelines and other descrepancies in their official declarations. However, the planned interrogations never took place. Joran's attorney reminded those in the investigation that the conditions of the September 2005 release - which had dictated that the suspects were to remain available for questioning - had been lifted by an Aruban court.

Steve Cohen - 'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' - 12-21-05
COHEN: I do want to make the distinction for you and your audience between questioning and rearrest. This is a questioning procedure that Chief Dompig is going to go through with them because as they‘ve analyzed the timeline, they‘ve found some other discrepancies and they want to review these discrepancies with the three suspects.
COSBY: Hey, Steve, what are those discrepancies exactly?
COHEN: Well, I think it‘s mostly timeline discrepancies, Rita. As you look at their testimony and their interrogations of where they were at different times between 1:30-something in the morning and between 3:30 in the morning, these are very important two or three-hour blocks that the investigators want to review in detail.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10572846/

5. Steve Cohen shared with Phil McGraw that he felt defeated while he escorted Joran, Deepak and Satish from jail following the ruling of the Aruban court.

Steve Cohen - Dr. Phil Show - 01-29-06
"I was the guy who had to let them out," says Steve. "I opened the jail door for all three of them. It was nobody else. It was me. And my feeling was that we had lost ..."
http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=1&slide=8&null=null

C. KARIN JANSSEN - PROSECUTOR

1. In a telephone interview - Karin Janssen stated that Paulus obstructed the investigation but that his detainment resulted from the suspicion that he was involved in Natalee's disappearance.

Karin Janssen - Associated Press - 07-01-2005
Janssen also alleged Paul van der Sloot, a 52-year-old judge in training in Aruba, obstructed authorities' investigation by asking one of his son's friends, who had been interrogated, what he told police. But Janssen said Paul van der Sloot was detained for being a suspect in the disappearance, not for obstructing the investigation.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161294,00.html

2. The Prosecutor's office released a statement upon the rearrest of the Kalpoe brothers. The new "facts/circumstances/suspicions" that comprised that statement implied that dispicable acts were perpetuated by Deepak and Satish against the person of Natalee Holloway prior to her subsequent demise.

Also, Aruban Attorney and investigation spokesperson - Arlene Ellis-Schipper - publicly affirmed that the prosecutor must have "real, real evidence and new facts" to have arrested Deepak and Satish again.

Statement from Prosecutor's Office - CNN - 08-27-05
(CNN) -- After being detained and then released last month in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, two brothers were arrested again Friday in Aruba on suspicion they acted "together with other people" in raping and killing the Alabama teen, the prosecutor's office said. Without elaborating on the evidence, the office said in a statement that "new facts and circumstances" led them to re-arrest Satish Kalpoe, 18 and brother Deepak, 21. "They are suspected of the primary criminal act of together with other people committing premeditated murder, alternately together with other people murdering somebody, more alternately rob a person of her liberty with fatal consequences and even more alternately raping somebody," the statement said.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/26/aruba.arrests/index.html

Arlene Ellis-Schipper -On the Record w/Greta - August 30, 2006
ELLIS-SCHIPPER: Well, I think it's a big moment, Greta. You know, the prosecution and the investigation is moving very carefully. They don't want to make more mistakes, and they are very careful. So they must have had some real, real evidence and new facts that they felt confident enough to haul them back in. ... the investigation is moving forward and there's hope that we might go towards a trial because, at first, I was doubting whether we were even facing a trial. It shows that the police have done some good work and apparently gathered evidence, new evidence enough for to bring them back in custody..
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,167372,00.html

3. In a release to the Associated Press, Karin Janssen stated that various communication records were the foundation on which she was "centering" her case.

Karen Janssen - Associated Press - 07-02-05
Janssen said the prosecution was centering its case around e-mail and cell phone text messages written between the suspects the night Holloway disappeared. Janssen declined to offer further details about the messages, but said not having a body would make getting a murder conviction "more difficult but not impossible."
http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/050702/aruba.shtml

4. Under Aruban law there must be "serious" suspicion to warrant pre-trial detainment and suspect status. Inquiring minds would like to know what foundation the "serious" suspicions were drived from to warrant the pre-trial detainment of the suspects in the Natalee Holloway case.

Noraina Pietersz - Associated Press - 06-09-05
Under Aruban law, only serious suspicion from investigators — not solid evidence — is needed for a judge to rule that suspects can be held, Pietersz said.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8079019/

Joran/Deepak/Satish/Steve/Croes/Paulus - FOX NEWS - 06/24/05
Joran van der Sloot (search) and his friends Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are being held under suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder. A fourth man, party boat DJ Steve Croes, is being held under the same conditions. The fifth man, Paul van der Sloot (search) — the father of 17-year-old Joran — was being held on suspicion of complicity to pre-meditated murder, complicity to kidnapping and murder and kidnapping. Under the Aruban system, complicity is a lesser charge. None of the men have been charged with a crime, but all are in police custody. An Aruban government spokesman confirmed the allegations.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160654,00.html

D. ROLAND TROMP - POLICE INTERROGATOR

Roland Tromp - Paulus' interrogator - stated to the Associated press that those within the investigation believe Joran is the prime suspect in regards to what happened to Natalee Holloway. They also contend that Paulus assisted his son after something went tragically wrong that fateful morning.

Roy Tromp - CBS NEWS - 08-05-05
Tromp said investigators believe van der Sloot, who turns 18 on Saturday, is the prime suspect and that he had some assistance from his father, Paul, an apprentice judge on the island. "We believe something went wrong with the girl, and the first person you are going to call is your daddy," said Tromp. "In this case, daddy would know exactly what to do." Tromp, who declined to provide details about exactly what investigators believe happened to Holloway, said that Paul van der Sloot has also changed his account the night Holloway vanished.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/08/05/world/main763210_page2.shtml

E. SPOKESPERSON - THE ARUBAN JUSTICE MINISTRY

An Aruban Ministry of Justice Spokesperson informed FOX NEWS that Natalee had been confirmed dead and the location of her body was known.

Aruban Ministry of Justice Spokesperson - FOX NEWS - 06-11-05
David Cruz, a spokesman for the Aruban Minister of Justice (search) told FOX News Natalee Holloway (search), who was on vacation with friends with a graduation trip when she disappeared, was confirmed dead and that authorities knew the location of her body.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159252,00.html

Rick Leventhal - FOX NEWS - 06-15-05
The next day, another official spoke to one of our producers. Edward Croues, a spokesman for the minister of justice, told Craig Rivera he had "official information" that Natalee was "confirmed dead," and told Craig her father had asked police to take him to the body and to do it before the press found out where it was. We reconfirmed the information with Croues before going on-air with it.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159664,00.html

F. SUPERIOR COURT

When Karin Janssen appealed the compensation which was awarded to Paulus for wrongful detainment - the Superior Court's ruling sided with the proscutor. It ruled that - according to tapped information and Paulus' own declaration - Paulus' detention could be considered justified.

Superior Court - Diario - 02-14-2007
The whole case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway gets a different twist now that the information has come out from no less than the Superior Court, and in which mention is made of the declarations of witnesses and a phone tap that show or give an indication that Paul van der Sloot had on two occasions personal contact with Natalee during the night that she disappeared. Mention is made that, according to one or more official reports of the phone tap and also the declaration of Paul van der Sloot himself, that Paul fetched Joran and Natalee at McDonald and took them to the Holiday Inn. Based on this information, the judicial authorities and the police had at that time a justified basis to arrest Paul van der Sloot based on different suspicions. (Translation Credit: Diario)
http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/2/14/

G. DIANE EMERENCIA - ARUBAN ATTORNEY

Diane Emerencia - Freddy Zedan-Arambatzis’ attorney - revealed that Joran, Deepak and Satish are under suspicion of involvement in a previous sexual assault which occurred prior to the disappearance of Natalee Hollowy.

Diana Emerencia - Associated Press - 08/31/05
Zedan-Arambatzis, 21, is also suspected of photographing the girl in "tempting poses" and showing the images to other people, Emerencia said. The Kalpoe brothers and van der Sloot are also suspected of involvement in the incidents, which allegedly occurred before Holloway disappeared, she said. Emerencia said Zedan-Arambatzis has denied having any physical contact with the girl or taking photos of her, but has admitted to being present when the photos were taken.
http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/050831/aruba.shtm

H. DOUG SHIPLEY - FBI

On June 10, 2005 one of the FBI agents who was on Aruba was informed that Natalee Holloway may no longer be alive and he passed that devasting news on to the family.

Doug Shipley - 'Scarborough Country' - 07-12-05
TWITTY: And that was the day that the FBI came in, Doug Shipley (ph) came in and said that the way the interrogations are unfolding, there‘s a strong possibility that Natalee may not be alive. That was huge. That was the day that—I think, Joe, everyone buried Natalee that day, on June 10.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9813596/

I. UNITED STATES REP. SPENCER BACHUS

What information was Spencer Bachus and the family privy to on June 5, 2005 that convinced them that the circumstances encompassing the disappearance of Natalee Holloway warranted FBI involvement?

Spencer Bachus - The Birmingham News - 06-05-05
U.S. Rep. Spencer Bachus, R-Vestavia Hills, said Saturday there were circumstances surrounding Holloway's disappearance that warranted the FBI being heavily involved. He declined to give details. "The circumstances were disturbing," said Bachus, who formally requested the FBI's involvement. "I can't get into it, but it's something the family is aware of. There was an immediate recognition that this was not simply a teen who wandered off."
http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/111796344124200.xml&coll=2

In conclusion, the following statement from former Aruban police commissioner Stanley Zaandam lets us know there were questionable actions from within Aruban law enforcement that possibly began the wide spread collusion by Aruban officials to protect their own.

This collusion included public Aruban figures, such as those who recently gave interviews to an Aruban newspaper – once again denigrating the family of this victim, and utilizing a public platform in an attempt to shift the focus of blame in this case.

Ex-commissioner Stanley Zaandam
Bon Dia Aruba
9/19/2005

Zaandam keeps on saying in his book, two days after 5/29, the body of Natalee H. may have already been found and Cvp [police commissioner] looked the other way to do a favour for Paul vd Sloot (ex of chief staff of Cabinet PG [prosecutor general] J. Zwinkels). To exculpate the son of Paul, the CvP and fiscal chief prosecutor Karen Jansen made the false arrest of two ex-security guards, Jones and John , called this a ‘tactical maneuver’ , and denied them their freedom for another 10 days.

Natalee and her family deserve justice, and we will not let up until they have it!

Natalee’s Freebirds

http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.