March 28, 2024, 12:57:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #667 7/27 - 7/28/2007  (Read 146762 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2007, 09:26:49 AM »

Wow!! I almost need sunglasses.

Scrux has posted Dash's (alana's) postings.  They are well worth the read.  Beth did not lie about Natalee's character.  I feel almost ashamed, that over two years, I somehow became open to the idea that there may have been more partying than I first thought.  I believe Natalee was a scholar, did not even dabble in drugs and was saving herself for marriage.  I am sorry that I even talked myself into being "open minded".  It really and truly was a bash the victim mentality, very early on.  Wish some of the classmates would post again and bring us all back to the reality of those few days.

Good Morning!

I would like to read those again, too.  Is Scrux still under that name and at the same site?  Yes, as time passes it is easy to forget how things really were in the beginning especially with all the misinformation we are being fed now.
Thanks for this info.  Going to read them some time today.

Anna

I keep getting thrown offline.  Here is the direct link.

http://scrux.com/natalee/alanapostings.htm
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2007, 09:27:01 AM »

Ok question.  When I get to the bottom of a page how do I get to the next post.  Like now we're on page 18.  There is no page 19 yet.  When I click next it brings me to the last post of the last thread.  Did anybody understand that?  Need more coffee.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2007, 09:27:13 AM »

Well we just thank you Dugga for all this hard work ! Please get some rest, and take time to eat a banana or two also !  ;D

I continue to stand with the girl.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2007, 09:29:23 AM »

Thanks Dugga

I found an option to turn off seeing the new post... as you are composing...(i think)

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2007, 09:30:25 AM »

Hah, I see you guys are discovering the editor a little.  Smile

I know I've got a bunch of smileys to move over, and some of the style sheet definitions are still incomplete (like, if you look at the right side of the message area, there are "previous" and "next" links, only you can't see them because I still need to give them their own style). I also haven't forgotten about chat. When that's implemented, you'll really like it. I used it on a site I recently sold and they absolutely loved it over there.  I'm also trying to work on this dirty hack of a modification that will give us a "jump to page" feature, but it's going to be tricky. We'll see how that develops.

The news boxes on the right side are pulled in real-time from the various sites. I'm going to adjust the way that works to ease server load. And there are some other things that only nerdy folk like myself would notice that I want to take care of. So there's still work ahead, but feel free to jump in and get your feet wet with the new system.

I'm such a dweeb. I'm having so much fun with this - and this is just site #1! Wait till you hear (and see) some of the things that Red and I have in motion for the dot-com and the radio show!

Oh - here's something important... If you're like me and like to "preview" your message before posting it, the system will give you a cool little warning telling you if other messages have arrived while you were typing. When you see this, it's easy to get distracted and start reading the new messages and forget to click "post" to save your message. It's already happened to me a couple of times. Thankfully the system remembers state between screens just enough to keep text in the editor. When you see the "A new reply has been posted" message, even if you clicked "post", your message is NOT yet saved. You have to save it again. I'm not sure if I like or hate that feature. Time will tell.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I really should go to bed now.

THANK YOU DUGGA!  I'm still finding my way around but so far I LOVE IT!  ;D
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2007, 09:30:40 AM »

Hah, I see you guys are discovering the editor a little.  Smile

I know I've got a bunch of smileys to move over, and some of the style sheet definitions are still incomplete (like, if you look at the right side of the message area, there are "previous" and "next" links, only you can't see them because I still need to give them their own style). I also haven't forgotten about chat. When that's implemented, you'll really like it. I used it on a site I recently sold and they absolutely loved it over there.  I'm also trying to work on this dirty hack of a modification that will give us a "jump to page" feature, but it's going to be tricky. We'll see how that develops.

The news boxes on the right side are pulled in real-time from the various sites. I'm going to adjust the way that works to ease server load. And there are some other things that only nerdy folk like myself would notice that I want to take care of. So there's still work ahead, but feel free to jump in and get your feet wet with the new system.

I'm such a dweeb. I'm having so much fun with this - and this is just site #1! Wait till you hear (and see) some of the things that Red and I have in motion for the dot-com and the radio show!

Oh - here's something important... If you're like me and like to "preview" your message before posting it, the system will give you a cool little warning telling you if other messages have arrived while you were typing. When you see this, it's easy to get distracted and start reading the new messages and forget to click "post" to save your message. It's already happened to me a couple of times. Thankfully the system remembers state between screens just enough to keep text in the editor. When you see the "A new reply has been posted" message, even if you clicked "post", your message is NOT yet saved. You have to save it again. I'm not sure if I like or hate that feature. Time will tell.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I really should go to bed now.

I think I'm on the "I hate it" side.  After posting, it throws you back to the forum list, not even this topic.  I thought I turned "the warning" off, in my profile.  Is that possible??
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »

<<snip>>

I think I'm on the "I hate it" side.  After posting, it throws you back to the forum list, not even this topic.  I thought I turned "the warning" off, in my profile.  Is that possible??

Buckeye
There is an option in your profile  about returning to Form Topics... Turn it off and you go to you post (I think) or maybe the page you were on ???

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2007, 09:34:39 AM »

In my profile, I have my e-mail addy set to "hidden" -- but it shows when I click "profile". Is everyone seeing it or just me??

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2007, 09:34:55 AM »

Wow!  This has bling!!  Looks good!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2007, 09:34:59 AM »

Test from page #16 to see what page I end up on after posting ....

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2007, 09:37:05 AM »

Thanks Dugga!!  This really is awesome.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2007, 09:37:08 AM »

<<snip>>

Buckeye
There is an option in your profile  about returning to Form Topics... Turn it off and you go to you post (I think) or maybe the page you were on ???

Ok.. with the option turned off ... you go to the page your post landed on...
Just like always..

Hey what do the litte stars with our Avi's mean :-\

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2007, 09:38:20 AM »

To return to your post after poster, check this box in your profile:

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2007, 09:38:41 AM »

In my profile, I have my e-mail addy set to "hidden" -- but it shows when I click "profile". Is everyone seeing it or just me??

When I go to your profile, it says HIDDEN, Wreck.

Smile

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2007, 09:38:54 AM »

Katysmom

If you are up and reading...Please, please, if you are having chest or arm discomfort, take an aspirin and call 911 to go to the emergency room.  Do not wait for the Monday stress test.  If you are having heart problems, time is very important. An irritable heart can have rhythm problems that can be very serious. If you don't want to call 911, then have someone take you to the emergency room of a hospital with a cardiac cath lab. If your pain was last night, they can draw blood (enzymes) and tell if it was your heart having the problems. Please, do not wait!!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2007, 09:39:10 AM »

Ok question.  When I get to the bottom of a page how do I get to the next post.  Like now we're on page 18.  There is no page 19 yet.  When I click next it brings me to the last post of the last thread.  Did anybody understand that?  Need more coffee.

Snoopy from what I can tell you have to point at the next / prev. page # right now.
Wreck  you are still hidden

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2007, 09:40:27 AM »

Wow!  This has bling!!  Looks good!

Very Happy 

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2007, 09:42:53 AM »

To return to your post after poster, check this box in your profile:

Sorry Klaasend.... I was incorrect as usual... you have to have it checked not Unchecked... can you go back & edit my post to reflect that mistake... :-[

Thanks...

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2007, 09:43:01 AM »

I have a new smiley for Dugga 

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2007, 09:43:34 AM »

Test

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.