March 28, 2024, 04:04:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #667 7/27 - 7/28/2007  (Read 146717 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: July 28, 2007, 06:51:02 PM »

Question,  Do still need to use Photobucket to insert images?  If not, how do we post them??

It still has to be in photobucket or a url from the web.  If you have a url from the web you can click on the "Insert Image" icon and it will add the IMG tags for you.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: July 28, 2007, 06:51:07 PM »

Nut - this photo?

This might sound a little graphic but there was a picture posted the other day of the dump that is in back of Joran's house.  There was one of those blue pails in that picture.  Those pails are big enough to hold a body Shocked.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: July 28, 2007, 06:53:50 PM »

I just noticed a spell check button. Razz
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #843 on: July 28, 2007, 06:54:14 PM »

There is a big difference between meeting him and just seeing him around.  If Joran was already targeting her first day, then you have to wonder even more about her being taken as a prize for evil purposes.

I'm with you on this concept Lala's...I've posted the same
Destiny    ps, just got spell check on my instant reply

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #844 on: July 28, 2007, 06:54:39 PM »

Chapter 15

"Cell mates quickly provide me with a with a little bag of urine from someone who had never 'blowed' before. In front of the guard i need to pull the little bag out of my zipper and deposit the content into a small container. I'm very nervous, but i manage to do it. Results are negative. Only two people in the youth department of KIA received severe detention for the use of marihuana, the rest all tested negatively since they used the urine of the boy who had never 'blowed'."
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #845 on: July 28, 2007, 06:54:55 PM »

Mrs Red & Dugga-

I understand the rationale behind it, I also think it's an adjustment but hopefully once there is another thread and/or a chat room, it will make the transiton easier? Perhaps that would be the best timing for lengthy discussion about the switch?

I also think the lively became somewhat of a bonding experience, particularly for some from AL who felt closer to this family, I am not from AL. I also know some others have complained vehemently about the off-topic discussion.

I really hope your plan works for I really am discouraged by some of the arguments that have taken place on the lively, often instigated around who knows the most or who thinks their opinions matter most who also complain about the O/T but only when others are guilty never they. So I'm going to state this too since we're discussing all today - I don't see how if someone began posting the first day Natalee was missing, if that somehow makes their opinion more valuable. I really do think that's particularly narrow-minded.

It would be no different if we rose up and attacked Dugga for wanting to make changes which I hope no one will do, or to tell new posters who are arriving their opinion isn't equal, but I also understand change is hard when you are attached to a history and that bond that was formed. So I see all sides of this or am trying to, and to be very open minded.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: July 28, 2007, 06:55:14 PM »

This is the moko behind the Sloot home:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: July 28, 2007, 06:56:20 PM »

Chapter 15

"Cell mates quickly provide me with a with a little bag of urine from someone who had never 'blowed' before. In front of the guard i need to pull the little bag out of my zipper and deposit the content into a small container. I'm very nervous, but i manage to do it. Results are negative. Only two people in the youth department of KIA received severe detention for the use of marihuana, the rest all tested negatively since they used the urine of the boy who had never 'blowed'."

Yep - Joran "blowed"  Mad
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: July 28, 2007, 06:58:10 PM »

IBE and Lalas, everybody....

What Red and Dugga want to do is make this thread for Natalee only like how the missing persons threads work for the others we talk about... and have one main thread where we talk... which doesn't mean that we can't talk about natalee there... but that it will be where we sign in and talk... and if there is news or people want to be on topic ONLY they can go there and talk....

it's more respectful to Natalee... and we still remain family Cool

at least that is how I understand that they want it.... I could be wrong...

I understand the theory... but changing back and forth to more forums takes more time and energy. Is the bottom line worth it and will SM do it? Do most Scared Monkeys have the time?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #849 on: July 28, 2007, 06:59:29 PM »

Chapter 15

yep that son of a wannabe judge who obviously has no respect for rules, not even in the KIA?

Does that resonate with anyone else here? I just chaps my you-know for honestly the son of a judge should respect laws and rules and Joran appeared to respect none.

Anita go suck an egg !!!!!  Mad

I continue to stand with the girl.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #850 on: July 28, 2007, 07:02:16 PM »

Those look like 55 gallon drums and yes, plenty big enough.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #851 on: July 28, 2007, 07:06:34 PM »

Chapter 15

BUT WAIT.....my delicious sporter doesn't do drugs so why would he need someone elses urine??!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: July 28, 2007, 07:07:11 PM »

Those look like 55 gallon drums and yes, plenty big enough.
Especially if they dismembered a body near the rocks and disposed of it in the sea.  What better way to move a body.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #853 on: July 28, 2007, 07:08:21 PM »

IBE and Lalas, everybody....

What Red and Dugga want to do is make this thread for Natalee only like how the missing persons threads work for the others we talk about... and have one main thread where we talk... which doesn't mean that we can't talk about natalee there... but that it will be where we sign in and talk... and if there is news or people want to be on topic ONLY they can go there and talk....

it's more respectful to Natalee... and we still remain family Cool

at least that is how I understand that they want it.... I could be wrong...

I understand the theory... but changing back and forth to more forums takes more time and energy. Is the bottom line worth it and will SM do it? Do most Scared Monkeys have the time?

I would suggest that just being here for over two years - on topic or off - is the most respectful and devoted thing we could do for Natalee.  The other MP threads are indeed on topic all of the time, but they are cold and lack the intimacy of the LCD.  They are also quickly forgotten although not all those cases have been solved.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is the very warmth and friendliness here that has resulted in the ongoing case discussion.  The friendly and O/T discussions often lead to deeper discussions about Natalee's case, as there is an easy back and forth camaraderie between most posters.  I just don't get how this can seen as lack of respect, for Natalee is certainly the glue that binds us together.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #854 on: July 28, 2007, 07:09:24 PM »

IBE and None... what they are proposing is not any different in reality than what we have right now.  Only the main thread will be for talking... and there will be a Natalee only thread.  Like the other missing persons forums.   We go in and out of there and carry on conversations about them , and then come in here and talk...

and no one is saying that the cases including Natalee would never be mentioned... but, instead if you are in the natalee thread it would be on topic and no other chatter...

it won't be over night... and we will probably never even truly notice it happened that way...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: July 28, 2007, 07:10:26 PM »

Chapter 15

yep that son of a wannabe judge who obviously has no respect for rules, not even in the KIA?

Does that resonate with anyone else here? I just chaps my you-know for honestly the son of a judge should respect laws and rules and Joran appeared to respect none.

Anita go suck an egg !!!!!  Mad

....there is no respect! He has knowledge about how to get around the laws even in KIA? This kid was obviously raised with values which  I for one don't understand.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: July 28, 2007, 07:12:44 PM »

The changes to the forum are not yet finished. Many things still to occur for Scared Monkeys.

Chat rooms will be added and so will a main Monkey Talk Thread. Actually I thought we had added that last night, but with all that was going on I guess we forgot.

Dana will be getting a brand new page so that people go there to listen and see whats going on. Many, many changes.

Scared Monkeys.com gets a make over tonight as well.

Actually, even after these changes are made this weekend there will be ones in the future that we will announce. We decided to make it a 3 step program as there was so much to do and implement.

Some you will notice without us even saying anything. Some will come as a very pleasant surprise.

Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #857 on: July 28, 2007, 07:14:01 PM »

What the heck is a Message Icon..?

I just set it to Exclamation Point so I guess we will find out

I think Ree has left ... just wanted them to know that a
Google / image for Baby Monkeys results in
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=baby+monkeys&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

I wonder if BT knows her Sock Monkeys have been running wild on the INTERNET  Shocked Laughing

Buckeye
anymore I'm inclined NOT to believe any thing that the 3 have said...
Hell Aruba has not / will not / cannot /  do not give a chit filing ANY charges against anyone.  I am surprised someone has not filed charges against Natalee for contributing to the delinquency of a minor (Joran) though
Thanks OF.  It's not perfect, but I found one for now.  Warning, that site is the monkey version of the baby nursery.  Visit at your own risk!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: July 28, 2007, 07:15:49 PM »

A's I get what you are saying... and sadly I think that not enough of us ever go in and read the other cases - and there isn't (thank GOD) so much cover up and distortion to talk about in most cases..

Also the change won't be that different... the lively won't have Natalee's name and there will be a thread dedicated that is ON topic all the time... really we will still be talking on one thread.... we aren't going to lose the flavor of SM....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #859 on: July 28, 2007, 07:17:59 PM »

A's Fever wrote;
I would suggest that just being here for over two years - on topic or off - is the most respectful and devoted thing we could do for Natalee.  The other MP threads are indeed on topic all of the time, but they are cold and lack the intimacy of the LCD.  They are also quickly forgotten although not all those cases have been solved.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is the very warmth and friendliness here that has resulted in the ongoing case discussion.  The friendly and O/T discussions often lead to deeper discussions about Natalee's case, as there is an easy back and forth camaraderie between most posters.  I just don't get how this can seen as lack of respect, for Natalee is certainly the glue that binds us together.

I agree with your post A's. As someone who post fairly frequently in missing persons, you are correct things stay on topic always. No one "hangs out" waiting to have a conversation about any specific person. There may be exchanges of thought but certainly not in any lively manner. Is that the way the Natalee thread will be?

I will be glad to try anything, but just want to add that there is often an element of being able to come up with new ideas in a LCD that I would hate to loose.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.