April 25, 2024, 02:17:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I love Lucy  (Read 5870 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 28, 2007, 12:04:51 AM »

My most favorite old show... it was so funny!  Loved the Vegamita episode...

and i got the first post!! Laughing

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 12:14:38 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
My most favorite old show... it was so funny!  Loved the Vegamita episode...

and i got the first post!! Laughing

Lucy was a classic!  My daughter's dance team did a show on that peice, it was so fun!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 12:19:09 AM »

I loved the episode wherein Lucy worked in the chocolate factory. My very favorite was when she got locked in the freezer and was peering out with icicles dripping off her face.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 01:11:17 PM »

And what about William Holden at the Brown Derby ~ laughing just thinkin' about it!
I think I have the dialogue memorized in almost every episode ~

Sad thing is .... kids I teach don't have any idea or appreciation of this humor . . . and of course they could watch the reruns.....big loss for them.  Sad

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 04:08:02 PM »

I think, sadly enough, that kids are forced to grow up way too fast... but I do think they still love and get this kind of show...

I am always amazed when I talk to my friends and neighbors with kids how the kids love this stuff.... most of my friends say they have everything but TV Land blocked out!! 

OMGoodness, another episode?  When Lucy was in the wine country stomping the grapes..

and the choclate factory one was great too... everyone forgets the way that Fred and Ricky messed up running the home.. that episode was a bet on who had it harder, to stay at home or work... remember??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 09:24:59 PM »

A tad of trivia which you all may know ~ Lucy did NOT plan on her putty nose catching fire in the William Holden episode ~ so she just winged it and put it out in that coffee cup ~

Another one I love was when Fred packed the car for the California trip ~ everything just hangin' out and about - I laughed and still do....so hard.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 10:35:35 PM »

I loved the episode wherein Lucy worked in the chocolate factory. My very favorite was when she got locked in the freezer and was peering out with icicles dripping off her face.

Louise.. My favorite was also Lucy and Ethel in the choclotae factory   Laughing Laughing

watch it here  Smile  ROFL 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4wp3m1vg06Q
crazybabyborg
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 04:21:49 AM »

Remember when cousin Ernie ( Tennessee Ernie Ford ) came to visit and Lucy tried to "Vamp" scare him into going home??

Or when she was trying to bring some cheese home on an airplane and wrapped it up like a baby?? I laughed so hard !!

Or when she was taking up "sculpting" and Fred was her model? Then she ended up claying her own head to look like a bust so that an art critic would be impressed?

Does anyone remember when she was trying to outdo Carolyn Applebee's birthday party so she dressed up as an alien for little Ricky's party and got stuck on the ledge?

How about when she and Ethel bought sides of beef to save money and bought a freezer and then hid the meat in the furnace so Ricky and Fred wouldn't see it, and the furnace cooked it?

My son grew up on Lucy, Donna Reed, and all those wonderful shows thanks to "TV Land". There is simply nothing that compares to those shows today. Everything has sarcasm, innuendo, and taintedness even if targeted for children. The only complaint I have is that he once asked me why I didn't wear my church clothes (dress) when I was cleaning house!  Very Happy
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 08:13:26 PM »

CBB, wow you remember more than I do... LOL... I love that show...

I agree with your son to a point, women always looked fabulous back then, I remember my mom running around dressed like Jackie K. all the time, even at home... no Carmella sweats for those women!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 08:13:08 PM »

That show was brilliant!!!

My favorite episodes are when they were wallpapering, made a mess of it. So funny!!!
And I liked the one where Lucy had the baby. OMG, it was hysterical. Laughing
Remember when Lucy made Ricky's toast, she always burned it and had to scrape off the burnt part?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 12:46:29 AM »

CBB, wow you remember more than I do... LOL... I love that show...

I agree with your son to a point, women always looked fabulous back then, I remember my mom running around dressed like Jackie K. all the time, even at home... no Carmella sweats for those women!
When I was 6 or so, I remember Mom and Dad taking a plane trip ~ Dad was in a suit, Mom had a suit, white gloves, and a hat.  Boy, has that changed.  Shocked Shocked
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 12:50:08 AM »

Phd... oh yes, and they left Lucy when they ran out to take her to the hospital...

remember how she kept trying to tell Ricky she was pregnant???

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 11:05:21 PM »

tcumom...I remember eating at the lunch counter at Woolworths in downtown B'ham. And I remember in the 60's that everyone still dressed up in nice dresses or suits, hats and gloves to go shopping downtown at Loveman's and Pizitz.
Ahhh the good ol'days.... Laughing

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.