March 28, 2024, 10:39:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NOTICE - PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR PROFILE FIRST  (Read 5908 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 28, 2007, 11:54:51 AM »

If you don't want your EMAIL addy to show to other members, make sure you check this box:

Also - to return to your post after posting a message and to NOT get the notice/warning of new replies made, make sure you check these boxes.

ALSO - Do not go into your profile and change your email address.  If you do you will be inactivated and I'll have to re-activate you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 12:42:09 PM by klaasend » Logged
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 12:50:19 PM »

I would like to add
Even after making sure  that you set the settings NOT to show your e-mail addy
you will have a 
show up by your Avi/Name but only you and Admins can see it..
Just like only you / they  can see your IP address

If someone does see it...
I'm sure they will be hollering at you so that you are made aware of it and kept safe..

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 01:49:26 PM »

I also found out the  Prev/Next does not refer to pages (or at least at this time)

Use the Up/Down to change pages

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »

I just found something I don't like, not sure if it can be changed.  I tested the Search function and I usually do a search on a Member.  But it requires you to enter a word, which is never applicable for me.  It's hard to search 1 word from a poster, when you want to find all the Members posts...   Does that make sense?

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 06:02:47 PM »

Sometimes, I can't remember where I left of in my reading of a Thread, especially if I am really behind. I go into Search of my name and posts then find out about where I was yesterday or whenever.

Not only for this reason, but mostly for searching in research, please add the items we had before as far as searching.

This was one of the best searching page I had even seen and I have been online since 1982 Razz

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 06:13:36 PM »

Shocked
Wow,  go away on vacation, and come back to a whole new look here Shocked
Hope I don't mess stuff up for you all.  Where is the post button????

I've been seriously out of touch with any news,tv,electricity and most of all phone or internet for 9 days up in the Northern Maine Woods!!    Have I missed anything?

Maine, born and raised!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 06:41:32 PM »

Klaas - I do not have the same box for my profile that you show above, so worried about my email addy showing to everyone.  TIA

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Flmom47
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 02:41:17 PM »

Hello monkeys! Lurker peeking out. I think I'm the one who is showing hidden in the stats of who is online but I can't figure out how to unhide me. I don't have the option to check " hide my online status" in my profile. Any ideas? Thanks!

If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, then it's a duck!

BOYCOTT ARUBA!!!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »

Hello monkeys! Lurker peeking out. I think I'm the one who is showing hidden in the stats of who is online but I can't figure out how to unhide me. I don't have the option to check " hide my online status" in my profile. Any ideas? Thanks!

There is no option.  Only moderators have that box.  All are seen when online, unless you log off.
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »

Heya guys, not to worry. The code for the boards has been directly modified so that nobody, regardless of your settings, can see your email address unless they are a site administrator.

Other settings that you might choose to optionally add (IM addresses, personal web sites, etc) remain viewable if you choose to expose them and have them as part of your user profile. Email addresses, however, are never revealed under any circumstances.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.