April 25, 2024, 10:44:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #668 7/28 - 7/30/2007  (Read 180331 times)
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: July 29, 2007, 07:04:23 PM »

AOL has always had the mindset, it's our way or the highway.  It worked for them in the early days but now they are like having a pigeon in your house.

A couple of years ago I was interested in buying a new computer and had a Dell targeted, but it was hardcoded with a lot of AOL stuff.  I called Dell and told them I'd buy their computer if they'd strip off anything and everything associated with AOL.  They refused siting contractual agreements so guess what, I didn't buy the Dell.
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: July 29, 2007, 07:05:47 PM »

I like AOL Laughing

HA!  So you're the one.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #662 on: July 29, 2007, 07:10:13 PM »

So.  Is everyone taking a nap?  I just woke up from mine and decided to ask for a little something from the Monkey Gods.  Please rearrange those smileys and remove the dupicate ones so I can find my rolling eyes one or else I will need to create a code kinda like this...REM (rolling eyes smiley).  Thanks. 
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #663 on: July 29, 2007, 07:11:49 PM »

Rob,
Do you know much about these so-called choller houses or crack houses?  Are they the same thing?  Are all of them government sponsored or are there also ones by drug addicts not affiliated with the government?

Do you know how they work?  Does a person have to register or can just anybody walk in and stay?

Anna- the choller houses are not what might you would think. There are 'crack houses' where the chollers smoke crack and use other drugs. We all know that. Drugs are sold and prostitution occurs in exchange for drugs. It's the element that you have heard of when some tried to find Natalee in one of these dumps. This was just a story to buy more time and to scramble Beth and Dave.

Then there are the government sponsored 'choller houses'. These appear to be a place for the chollers go to to get cleaned up. Like a rehab. What their treatment program really is .. who knows. Most likely a bed for the night and they're back on the street in the morning. This is a major cause of the skyrocketing AIDS rate in the Carribean. In order to get a definitive answer to what occurs in the 'treatment' end of these homes is really only able to be answered by Marisol Trump. Only she knows the guidelines and the money involved to address this problem.

Problem- the newest choller house is situated in downtown Oranjestad. Right smack in the middle of the tourist areas. And right near the areas where people getting off the cruise ships. This is like opening the lions cage door each morning and expecting no one to be harmed as predator roams the streets. Again, another bad decision by the Aruban Authorities.

No one wants a heroin or crack rehab or maximum security prison in their neighborhood, but it has to be somewhere and it should be situated away from where people could be harmed when someone goes off the wagon and needs a fix.

Heroin, Crack and Meth are lifetime drugs. Getting someone off of these is nearly impossible and it takes a serious commitment by the user to want to change their life. Most do not succeed.

Placing a rehab in the downtown area of a major tourist destination is just plain stupid in my opinion.

Let me ask you -  would you place a child abusers halfway house next to an elementary school?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #664 on: July 29, 2007, 07:18:56 PM »

Could someone tell me what the most significant happening concerning the Natalee Holloway case occurred during the month of July?  I am having one of those things called a senior moment...not that I am  senior...just a moment.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #665 on: July 29, 2007, 07:19:59 PM »

Rob,
Do you know much about these so-called choller houses or crack houses?  Are they the same thing?  Are all of them government sponsored or are there also ones by drug addicts not affiliated with the government?

Do you know how they work?  Does a person have to register or can just anybody walk in and stay?

Anna- the choller houses are not what might you would think. There are 'crack houses' where the chollers smoke crack and use other drugs. We all know that. Drugs are sold and prostitution occurs in exchange for drugs. It's the element that you have heard of when some tried to find Natalee in one of these dumps. This was just a story to buy more time and to scramble Beth and Dave.

Then there are the government sponsored 'choller houses'. These appear to be a place for the chollers go to to get cleaned up. Like a rehab. What their treatment program really is .. who knows. Most likely a bed for the night and they're back on the street in the morning. This is a major cause of the skyrocketing AIDS rate in the Carribean. In order to get a definitive answer to what occurs in the 'treatment' end of these homes is really only able to be answered by Marisol Trump. Only she knows the guidelines and the money involved to address this problem.

Problem- the newest choller house is situated in downtown Oranjestad. Right smack in the middle of the tourist areas. And right near the areas where people getting off the cruise ships. This is like opening the lions cage door each morning and expecting no one to be harmed as predator roams the streets. Again, another bad decision by the Aruban Authorities.

No one wants a heroin or crack rehab or maximum security prison in their neighborhood, but it has to be somewhere and it should be situated away from where people could be harmed when someone goes off the wagon and needs a fix.

Heroin, Crack and Meth are lifetime drugs. Getting someone off of these is nearly impossible and it takes a serious commitment by the user to want to change their life. Most do not succeed.

Placing a rehab in the downtown area of a major tourist destination is just plain stupid in my opinion.

Let me ask you -  would you place a child abusers halfway house next to an elementary school?

edit to add- Trump and Booshi Wever would be the two who know what this program entails.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: July 29, 2007, 07:25:32 PM »

Could someone tell me what the most significant happening concerning the Natalee Holloway case occurred during the month of July?  I am having one of those things called a senior moment...not that I am  senior...just a moment.
Wasn't it July they drained the pond?

Also the blonde hair on the duct tape was found in Boca Tortuga.  That's the video we saw the ranger with the cloth like Natalee's top.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #667 on: July 29, 2007, 07:30:06 PM »

Wasn't it July they drained the pond?

Also the blonde hair on the duct tape was found in Boca Tortuga.  That's the video we saw the ranger with the cloth like Natalee's top.

Thanks.

Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #668 on: July 29, 2007, 07:36:39 PM »

I'm not sure if I'm doing a screen capture correctly, but here goes.  Anybody know what this conversation at BFN is all about?

Who is Brough's friend that you talk about?

Sorry, PITA...I won't say.

Just so "odd" that a head Monkey knew the photos I posted of "looking like the guy I saw in Savaneta'....were not Lorenzo....

They knew it was not Lorenzo.
They knew it was Brough's friend.
Months before Lorenzo's arrest.
Sometimes our "arrogance", our "need to be right" gives away who we really are.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: July 29, 2007, 07:38:26 PM »

I'm not sure if I'm doing a screen capture correctly, but here goes.  Anybody know what this conversation at BFN is all about?

Just so "odd" that a head Monkey knew the photos I posted of "looking like the guy I saw in Savaneta'....were not Lorenzo....

It's about a member of BFN (Opus) that has an overactive imagination.  That's about as nicely as I can put it.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #670 on: July 29, 2007, 07:39:40 PM »

I was out looking at the new FP.  Looks neat too. What's a digg?  I see there are several of our monkeys with their noses pressed up against the window pane.  Maybe we should go out on occasion and visit them so they won't be lonely until they get to come back inside. 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: July 29, 2007, 07:40:46 PM »

Rob,
Thank you for the info on the chollar houses.  I seem to remember a photo of one in one of the Aruban papers clutching his BoomBox as though it were his only earthly possession.  Think it might have been when some of them went on a hunger strike but the photo was taken at night.

So I assume even the government sponsored choller houses would have music and possibly loud music.  Non-government once might even consider themselves a party of sorts.  The government once fly the Aruban flag which has the single star, am I correct about that?

Just thinking outloud a bit.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: July 29, 2007, 07:41:29 PM »

I was out looking at the new FP.  Looks neat too. What's a digg?  I see there are several of our monkeys with their noses pressed up against the window pane.  Maybe we should go out on occasion and visit them so they won't be lonely until they get to come back inside. 

Yep, there are several that can't get in.  I really feel bad for them.  Most have tried everything under the sun and nothing works.  Hopefully the problem will resolve itself soon like Dugga said.
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #673 on: July 29, 2007, 07:42:06 PM »

It's about a member of BFN (Opus) that has an overactive imagination.  That's about as nicely as I can put it.
Thanks.  I saw he got smacked a couple of times.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #674 on: July 29, 2007, 07:42:08 PM »

Interesting...now I know who Opus is....very interesting indeed.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #675 on: July 29, 2007, 07:44:55 PM »

Rob
Who is this Marisol person?  Does he hold an office or something? Just wondering. TIA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: July 29, 2007, 07:45:54 PM »

Lala's you have no idea
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #677 on: July 29, 2007, 07:46:37 PM »

I've always said AOL is a cult. Maybe some will now believe me. I know a cult when I see one.  Razz
I will find humor in your statement as long as it wasn't posted from a Mac! 

Oh HO HO HO let it go

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: July 29, 2007, 07:47:52 PM »

Poppa Kalpoe *buying* the CyberCafe.  IMO
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #679 on: July 29, 2007, 07:49:36 PM »

Poppa Kalpoe *buying* the CyberCafe.  IMO

TES, Dave and Red at the landfill digging... TES was there looking for Natalee.  I know because Red was there during our anniversary -

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.