March 28, 2024, 06:28:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Family Murders in CT-2007 SOLVED-Death Sentence for both men.  (Read 263585 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #340 on: September 29, 2011, 09:23:11 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043041/Connecticut-home-invasion-trial-Jurors-graphic-photos-Michaela-Petit-11.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Naked photos of 11-year-old girl snatched in deadly home invasion are shown to jury

They really need to check JK's daughter to see if she's been molested.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »

LauriePerez Laurie Perez
Today they will hear from fire investigator about the rapid blaze that overtook the Petit home. First responders were repelled by the heat.
1 hour ago
Laurie Perez
LauriePerez Laurie Perez
Yesterday jurors heard details of Michaela's death and saw photos of her exposed and tied up, pics taken by #Komis with his cell phone.
1 hour ago  http://twitter.com/#!/hartfordcourant/lists/cheshire-trial

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #342 on: September 29, 2011, 02:02:14 PM »

http://www.courant.com/community/cheshire/cheshire-home-invasion/hc-komisarjevsky-day8-0930-20110929,0,3945135.story

Komisarjevsky Defense Thwarted In Bid For Mistrial

The defense attorney for Joshua Komisarjevsky unsuccessfully moved for a mistrial Thursday morning, arguing that a walk-out by Dr. William Petit Jr. and members of his family in court Wednesday was prejudicial to his client.

Your 'client' aka murdering monster is NOT the victim here, you azzhat.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #343 on: September 29, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/hartfordcourant/lists/cheshire-trial Edit-Needed hyperlink.  MB
LauriePerez Laurie Perez
Williams removed ties from Mrs Petit's legs. #Komis
3 hours ago

LauriePerez Laurie Perez
Williams found burned jeans and underwear down around knees and charred cloth around her neck #komis
3 hours ago

LauriePerez Laurie Perez
Jury seeing photo of charred jeans on screen. #Komis
3 hours ago

LauriePerez Laurie Perez
Williams says she found portions of jeans were burned into Mrs Petit's legs. #Komis
3 hours ago

LauriePerez Laurie Perez
Rev Hawke watching the jurors review photos of his daughter's body, burned beyond recognition. #Komis
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:23:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #344 on: September 29, 2011, 02:45:16 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/hartfordcourant/lists/cheshire-trial

LauriePerez Laurie Perez
Yang says #Komis DNA found on anal swab from youngest Petit daughter.
10 minutes ago

hmm..I believe that the def attys have said that he didn't rape her.  Guess this proves that they were lied to by their client.  Big surprise. 

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #345 on: September 29, 2011, 02:48:07 PM »

::MonkeyNoNo::This is making me sick

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #346 on: September 29, 2011, 03:01:14 PM »

LauriePerez Laurie Perez
Before he left Yang said youngest daughter's DNA was not found on #komis penile swab.
5 minutes ago

This only proves that JK was much smarter than Hayes.  He knew to clean himself of DNA evidence.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: September 29, 2011, 03:07:28 PM »

this is so sickening to read about..that family went through more than any one should have to go through..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: September 29, 2011, 05:24:53 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/connecticut-petit-home-invasion-judge-denies-mistrial/story?id=14634119
Connecticut Petit Home Invasion Judge Denies Mistrial
September 29, 2011

The judge presiding over a triple homicide case in Connecticut denied today the alleged killer's request for a mistrial after the victims' family caused a commotion while exiting the courtroom en masse Wednesday.

In full view of jurors, the Petit family filed out of the court just before Connecticut's chief medical examiner, Dr. H. Wayne Carver II, was slated to deliver graphic testimony regarding the autopsy of 11-year-old Michaela Petit.
 ::snipping2::
Attorneys for defendant Joshua Komisarjevsky, 31, immediately asked Judge Jon C. Blue for a mistrial after the family walkout. Defense attorney Jeremiah Donovan called the move a "stunt" and said it was highly prejudicial to his client.

Blue denied the motion this morning and said courtroom 6A, like all courtrooms, is a public space where people are free to come and go. This was not the first time Petit family members, including William Petit, have left the courtroom en masse. On Monday, before another medical examiner testified to the manner in which Hayley died, at least 10 family members left the courtroom as well.

With the efforts to declare a mistrial out of the way, Dr. Susan Williams, a Connecticut associate medical examiner, took the stand this morning to discuss her autopsy findings on the body of Hawke-Petit. This time, the Petit family had already left the courtroom.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: September 29, 2011, 06:21:31 PM »

http://chasingnormal.blogspot.com/2011/09/medical-examiner-details-girls-death-as.html
Sep 29, 2011
Medical examiner details girl’s death as Komisarjevsky emotionless

While his lawyers can argue semantics all they want, '" OK yes he was there, but he personally didn't kill anyone, his accomplice brought the crimes to the level of murder..." there is no getting around their client's obvious lack of contrition, conscience, nor even a trace of humanity whilst viewing the results of crimes that he had personal involvement with. This all speaks of severe anti-social personality disorder, a personality disorder whose main features are a highly manipulative and deceptive nature, a parasitical existence, and an utter lack of conscience. One can hear all three plainly within the tapes of Komisarjevsky's long detailed statements to Cheshire Police detectives.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: September 29, 2011, 06:25:57 PM »

http://www.courant.com/community/cheshire/cheshire-home-invasion/hc-komisarjevsky-day8-0930-20110929,0,3736846,full.story
The Hartford Courant
5:14 p.m. EDT, September 29, 2011
NEW HAVEN—

Johanna Petit Chapman had the grim task of identifying the bodies of her nieces Hayley and Michaela after the 2007 deadly Cheshire home invasion.

So when she learned Thursday that Joshua Komisarjevsky's defense lawyer had described her family's decision to leave court during testimony on how Michaela was sexually assaulted and died as a "stunt," Petit Chapman bristled.

"I identified Hayley and Michaela's bodies. I didn't feel I could sit through the grisly details of Michaela's autopsy," she said. "I've seen the monster's handiwork firsthand. I don't need to see the grisly details of the autopsy. Clearly, it wasn't a stunt."

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: September 29, 2011, 06:36:14 PM »

http://www.courant.com/community/cheshire/cheshire-home-invasion/hc-komisarjevsky-day8-0930-20110929,0,3736846,full.story
The Hartford Courant
5:14 p.m. EDT, September 29, 2011
NEW HAVEN—

Johanna Petit Chapman had the grim task of identifying the bodies of her nieces Hayley and Michaela after the 2007 deadly Cheshire home invasion.

So when she learned Thursday that Joshua Komisarjevsky's defense lawyer had described her family's decision to leave court during testimony on how Michaela was sexually assaulted and died as a "stunt," Petit Chapman bristled.

"I identified Hayley and Michaela's bodies. I didn't feel I could sit through the grisly details of Michaela's autopsy," she said. "I've seen the monster's handiwork firsthand. I don't need to see the grisly details of the autopsy. Clearly, it wasn't a stunt."

(Bolded by me)
I don't think I could have stayed in the courtroom either.     A "stunt"? The "stunt" was the defense attorney trying for a mistrial under those circumstances imo.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2011, 09:15:09 PM »

I don't know how those defense attys sleep at night.  How do their wives lie in bed with those men?  I'd lose all respect for them as spouses.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2011, 10:25:21 PM »

I don't know how those defense attys sleep at night.  How do their wives lie in bed with those men?  I'd lose all respect for them as spouses.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #354 on: September 30, 2011, 09:17:32 AM »

It amazes me how the Connecticut court system seems to drag this case out.  I can't remember a case that spent so little time each day in session.  This trial will last for weeks.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #355 on: September 30, 2011, 09:21:56 AM »

We've heard that clothing from the victims was bleached.  Does gas do that? 

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #356 on: September 30, 2011, 11:22:42 AM »

LauriePerez Laurie Perez
Detective says accelerant poured on body burned her clothes, that it was poured on her as she was in bed. #Komis
6 minutes ago

jkovner_courant Josh Kovner
In Michaela Petit's bedroom, flames climbed the walls; accelerant was splashed on her body on bed; smoke pressed down from ceiling.
7 minutes ago

Now, I have to ask, what would be the reason for Michaela being the only one to have gas poured directly on her unless it was to cover DNA evidence?

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #357 on: September 30, 2011, 11:33:35 AM »

In Hayley Petit's bedroom, gas-fueled fire partially consumed door; appears Hayley had to open the door to get into hallway; bed doused
4 minutes ago

LauriePerez Laurie Perez
As in her sister's room Makuc says burn pattern in Hayley's is up to her bedroom, into it, up to and onto bed. #Komis

Those poor girls smelled the gas and knew they were being left to die.  I'd hoped that they passed from the smoke before the flames ever reached them.  I'm thinking that really wasn't the case.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: September 30, 2011, 11:43:57 AM »

In Hayley Petit's bedroom, gas-fueled fire partially consumed door; appears Hayley had to open the door to get into hallway; bed doused
4 minutes ago

LauriePerez Laurie Perez
As in her sister's room Makuc says burn pattern in Hayley's is up to her bedroom, into it, up to and onto bed. #Komis

Those poor girls smelled the gas and knew they were being left to die.  I'd hoped that they passed from the smoke before the flames ever reached them.  I'm thinking that really wasn't the case.  

It's sad, but  there can also be lot of pain from smoke inhalation.  It's not like a person is just overcome with smoke and they're gone.  

http://www.foxnews.mobi/politics/quickPage.html?page=38321&content=57381950&pageNum=-1
Home Invasion Jury Sees Evidence of Girls Tied Up
Sep 27, 2011
On Monday, a medical examiner testified that Hayley Petit likely took up to several minutes to die of smoke inhalation from the arson fire.
Dr. Malka Shah could not say if burns found on Hayley's body occurred before or after she died. Hayley had been tied in her bed and left to die in the fire that prosecutors said both men set, but her body was found at the top of the staircase.

Michaela also died of smoke inhalation in her bed. The girls' mother was raped and strangled.

Hayley's clothes smelled of gas, she had remnants of tightly tied rope on her, burns all over her body and her lungs were filled with carbon monoxide, said Shah, of the chief medical examiner's office. Inhaling smoke and hot air would have been painful and such deaths can take anywhere from a few to several minutes, Shah said.

Shah said she could not say whether the burns occurred while Hayley was alive, nor could she say if the injuries occurred before or after Hayley fell in the hallway.

If the death had taken several minutes, Hayley would have fallen unconscious at some point, she said under cross-examination. But before that, victims typically suffer headaches, nausea, vomiting and disorientation, she said.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #359 on: September 30, 2011, 11:52:32 AM »

i guess I was thinking about how they must've tried desperately to get loose as the flames started to melt the bedding and clothing.  Whatever they were feeling was surely painful and terrifying.  Hayes was merciful (if I can use that term) enough to kill Jennifer outright.  JK was in it for the torture, imo.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.