April 18, 2024, 01:58:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Family Murders in CT-2007 SOLVED-Death Sentence for both men.  (Read 264122 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: January 04, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »

Survivor of deadly Conn. home invasion is engaged

AP
Last Updated: 4:31 PM, January 4, 2012

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — A Connecticut doctor whose wife and two daughters were killed in a home invasion in 2007 has become engaged.

Rick Healey, a friend of Dr. William Petit who has served as his spokesman, confirmed Wednesday that Petit became engaged over the weekend to Christine Paluf. There is no wedding date.

The Hartford Courant first reported the engagement.

::snipping2::

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/survivor_of_deadly_conn_home_invasion_vwEaHWxwXLJLLZj3H06Z1J#ixzz1iXSShO5l

wow...didn't see that coming...I am happy for him...he deserves to be happy after all that he has gone through..his fiancee is only 34 so perhaps they will have a family together...

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #681 on: January 04, 2012, 10:54:43 PM »

I'm so happy for Dr. Petit.  He has been through pure hell over and over.  Its time he have a reason to smile again. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #682 on: January 05, 2012, 09:13:59 AM »

AP

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — A Connecticut doctor whose wife and two daughters were killed in a home invasion in 2007 has become engaged.

Rick Healey, a friend of Dr. William Petit who has served as his spokesman, confirmed Wednesday that Petit became engaged over the weekend to Christine Paluf. There is no wedding date.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/survivor_of_deadly_conn_home_invasion_vwEaHWxwXLJLLZj3H06Z1J#ixzz1iXSShO5l

I am very happy for him!  I wish him only the very best.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: January 05, 2012, 09:42:52 AM »

AP

wow...didn't see that coming...I am happy for him...he deserves to be happy after all that he has gone through..his fiancee is only 34 so perhaps they will have a family together...

Congratulations to Dr. Petit and his fiancee on the news of their engagement!  I agree, he deserves to be happy.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: January 05, 2012, 12:51:24 PM »

an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: January 26, 2012, 10:50:14 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/lauraingle
laura ingle @lauraingle
Prepping 4 our coverage of the CT Home Invasion sentencing of Joshua #Komisarjevsky. Dr. Petit & Komisarjevsky expected to speak @FoxNews

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: January 26, 2012, 10:55:43 AM »

http://www.countytimes.com/articles/2012/01/26/news/doc4f1d6f102ffe3885398525.txt
Komisarjevsky Plans to Speak in Court, Tells Pen Pal He Has Something He Needs to Say
Published: Thursday, January 26, 2012

By Randall Beach, Register Staff
rbeach@nhregister.com / Twitter: @rbeachnhr
Komisarjevsky plans to speak in court, tells his pen pal he has something he needs to say

Monday, January 23, 2012

NEW HAVEN — Joshua Komisarjevsky has written another letter from his prison cell to his New Haven pen pal, expressing bitterness and anger over receiving the death penalty in the Cheshire triple homicide.

Looking toward Jan. 27, when Superior Court Judge Jon C. Blue is scheduled to impose the death sentence decided upon by the jury, Komisarjevsky indicated he will deliver a statement in the courtroom.

“I have to go,” he wrote. “I have a responsibility to be there. I have something I need to say.”

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #687 on: January 26, 2012, 12:15:15 PM »

All he has to say is lies.  I hope the judge has his mouth taped shut.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: January 26, 2012, 12:49:36 PM »

I don't really care to hear anything at all Komisarjevskey has to say.  He's been found guilty and sentenced to death.  I'm sorry he can only die once.  And if he said he was sorry, I would never believe him.  Evil.  Just  incredibly evil.  That's what he is.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: January 26, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »

http://articles.courant.com/2012-01-24/news/hc-dearington-komisarjevsky-0125-20120124_1_death-penalty-cheshire-case-komisarjevsky-and-hayes
Cheshire Invasion Prosecutor Gives Rare Interview About Two Trials
Dearington Reflects On His Despair Walking Through Crime Scene, Blames Komisarjevsky For Starting It, Says Both Defendants Deserved Death Penalty

January 24, 2012|By ALAINE GRIFFIN, agriffin@courant.com, The Hartford Courant
NEW HAVEN — —

A soot-covered piece of paper on top of a desk in the Petit family's home office caught the eye of prosecutor Michael Dearington the day he walked through the charred remains of 300 Sorghum Mill Drive in Cheshire.

It was a letter announcing an important milestone in the life of 17-year-old high school senior Hayley Petit: She had been accepted into prestigious Dartmouth College — the alma mater of her father, a prominent Connecticut physician.

Hayley would never attend the Ivy League school she had worked so hard to get into. She, her mother and her little sister were murdered just weeks before Hayley would have started her first semester there.

Now it was up to Dearington to get justice for the teen and her family with Connecticut's ultimate punishment — the death penalty — a verdict the longtime prosecutor had not been able to get in earlier cases and a sentence he rarely sought.

"That letter said so much about what happened there," Dearington said Monday during a rare interview about the Cheshire case, his first public interview since he began the all-consuming job of prosecuting Steven Hayes and Joshua Komisarjevsky for the deadly Cheshire home invasion, possibly the most infamous crime in recent state history.

"Seeing it really brought home everything that used to be there and, now, everything that wasn't there," Dearington said of the letter. "That is one thing I will never forget."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: January 26, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »

I don't really care to hear anything at all Komisarjevskey has to say.  He's been found guilty and sentenced to death.  I'm sorry he can only die once.  And if he said he was sorry, I would never believe him.  Evil.  Just  incredibly evil.  That's what he is.  JMHO

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #691 on: January 26, 2012, 01:11:45 PM »

http://articles.courant.com/2012-01-24/news/hc-dearington-komisarjevsky-0125-20120124_1_death-penalty-cheshire-case-komisarjevsky-and-hayes
Cheshire Invasion Prosecutor Gives Rare Interview About Two Trials
Dearington Reflects On His Despair Walking Through Crime Scene, Blames Komisarjevsky For Starting It, Says Both Defendants Deserved Death Penalty

January 24, 2012|By ALAINE GRIFFIN, agriffin@courant.com, The Hartford Courant
NEW HAVEN — —

Dearington said Petit not only lost his family during the deadly home invasion, but the fire also destroyed his family photographs.
  To not have anything...photos, drawings, favorite t-shirts, stuffed animals, Christmas ornaments made by the girls...it's just heartbreaking at the totality of the loss Dr. Petit has had to face.  God bless him.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: January 27, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57367495-504083/conn-home-invasion-killer-joshua-komisarjevsky-is-sentenced-to-death/
Conn. home invasion killer Joshua Komisarjevsky is sentenced to death
January 27, 2012

(CBS/AP) NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Joshua Komisarjevsky was sentenced on Friday  to death for killing a woman and her two daughters during a brutal Connecticut home invasion in 2007.
Komisarjevsky, 31, spoke in court and blamed his accomplice, Steven Hayes, for much of the crime but spoke of regrets and the devastating consequences of his decisions. He said he has family and supporters who don't want him to die.

Komisarjevsky joins Hayes and nine other men on Connecticut's death row. The state's last execution in 2005 was the first since 1960, and Komisarjevsky will likely spend years, if not decades, in prison.

The two paroled burglars tormented a family of four in the affluent New Haven suburb of Cheshire before killing Jennifer Hawke-Petit and leaving her daughters, 17-year-old Hayley and 11-year-old Michaela, to die in a fire.

The only survivor, Dr. William Petit, was beaten with a baseball bat and tied up but escaped.
The sentencing, which was earlier recommended by a jury, concluded two long trials that subjected jurors to grim evidence including charred beds, rope used to tie up the family and autopsy photos. The 2007 attack led to the defeat of a bill to outlaw the death penalty in Connecticut and sparked tougher state laws for repeat offenders and home invasions.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: January 27, 2012, 01:00:33 PM »

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/cheshire/homeinvasion/komis/article_4f2abd52-4909-11e1-a845-0019bb2963f4.html
Komisarjevsky speaks out during sentencing for Cheshire home invasion
January 27, 2012

NEW HAVEN - Following emotional testimony from the Petit family, Joshua Komisarjevsky was formally sen-tenced to death today for his role in the home invasion killings of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters, Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11.

Komisarjevsky spoke out in court prior to the sentencing, saying it is surreal to face death and insists he did not intend to kill anyone.

The Petit family left the courtroom as Komisarjevsky went up to speak.

"I was honest in my confession and the end result is still the same," Komisarjevsky said. "I am condemned to die."
Judge Jon Blue Friday called the crimes "horrific beyond imagination."

"This is a terrible sentence but one you have written for yourself" in a crime of "imaginable horror and sad-ness," Blue said. "Your fate is now in the hands of others. May God have mercy on your soul."
Komisarjevsky is blaming his accomplice for much of the crime but speaks of regrets and the devastating con-sequences of his decisions.

He says he has family and supporters who don't want him to die.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: January 27, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/27/theres-no-escaping-conn-home-invasion-memories/
Conn. home invasion killer is sentenced to death
January 27, 2012

Komisarjevsky was convicted of the killings and of sexually assaulting Michaela.

Komisarjevsky insisted on Friday that he didn't kill anyone, that he didn't rape Michaela and that he didn't start the fire. Talking about his death sentence he said, "I wonder when the killing will end."

William Petit and his relatives left the courtroom before Komisarjevsky spoke.

Petit called the crime a "personal holocaust" as he testified earlier during the sentencing hearing. He said his wife was his friend and confidant, and a wonderful mother. He also noted that Hayley would be in medical school by now and that Michaela loved to cook and sing.

"I lost my family and my home," he said. "They were three special people. Your children are your jewels."

Earlier, Jennifer's sister, Cynthia Hawke-Renn, said via video played in court that everyday items like gas, rope, bed posts and gas conjure horrific memories.

"There is no escaping the horrors of that night," she said.
The sentencing, which was earlier recommended by a jury, concluded two long trials that subjected jurors to grim evidence including charred beds, rope used to tie up the family and autopsy photos. The 2007 attack led to the defeat of a bill to outlaw the death penalty in Connecticut and sparked tougher state laws for repeat offenders and home invasions.

In arguing for a life sentence, his lawyers said he was repeatedly sexually abused as a child by his foster brother and he never got proper psychological help as his problems worsened. He suffered from a mood disorder since he was about 9 that included bouts of profound depression, according to a defense psychiatrist.

Prosecutors said the rape claims emerged years later when Komisarjevsky faced prison time for 19 nighttime residential burglaries committed a decade ago.

In closing arguments, a prosecutor said the two men created "the ultimate house of horrors" by inflicting extreme psychological and physical pain on the victims that amounted to torture.

Komisarjevsky admitted in an audiotaped confession played for the jury that he spotted Hawke-Petit and Michaela at a supermarket and followed them to their house. After going home and putting his own daughter to bed, he and Hayes returned to the Petit house in the middle of the night to rob it.

In the morning, Hayes took Hawke-Petit to a bank to withdraw money, promising her no one would be hurt if she complied. Komisarjevsky took cellphone pictures of Michaela while her mother and Hayes were out.

The men, who blamed each other for escalating the crime, were caught fleeing in the family's car.

omisarjevsky did not testify during his trial but objected unsuccessfully to an effort by his attorneys to play a videotaped interview of his 9-year-old daughter. Speaking outside the presence of the jury, he said he didn't want his daughter to feel compelled to help "one of the most hated people in America."

His family and other witnesses described him as remorseful and in shock over his role in the crime. Prosecutors tried to raise doubts about his remorse, noting he blamed Petit for not doing more to help his family even though Komisarjevsky had beaten him with a bat and tied him up.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: January 27, 2012, 03:19:14 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/27/us-crime-homeinvasion-idUSTRE80Q1IY20120127
Connecticut killer sentenced to die for "unimaginable
By Mary Ellen Godin

NEW HAVEN, Connecticut | Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:53pm EST

(Reuters) - A judge ordered Joshua Komisarjevsky to be executed this summer for the 2007 murders of a mother and her two daughters during a brutal home invasion in Connecticut, saying on Friday that he committed a crime of "unimaginable horror."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: January 27, 2012, 03:22:48 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/27/us-crime-homeinvasion-idUSTRE80Q1IY20120127
The killer's portrayal of innocence was in stark contrast to the "evil" described by the sole survivor of the attack, Dr. Petit, who told the court how Komisarjevsky's actions had destroyed his family.

"July 23, 2007, was my own personal holocaust," Petit said. "Evil does live among us."

He said he missed his late night chats with his wife and their partnership raising their daughters, who he will never walk down the wedding aisle and who will never bear the grandchildren he would have loved to have known.

That brought tears to my eyes. 

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #697 on: January 27, 2012, 11:54:37 PM »

The killer's portrayal of innocence was in stark contrast to the "evil" described by the sole survivor of the attack, Dr. Petit, who told the court how Komisarjevsky's actions had destroyed his family.

"July 23, 2007, was my own personal holocaust," Petit said. "Evil does live among us."

He said he missed his late night chats with his wife and their partnership raising their daughters, who he will never walk down the wedding aisle and who will never bear the grandchildren he would have loved to have known.

That brought tears to my eyes. 

May Dr. Petit now find a small piece of joy in his new marriage.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: February 19, 2012, 02:32:58 PM »

http://www.housatonictimes.com/articles/2012/02/18/news/political/doc4f3af5495a450970284402.txt
Death Penalty Repeal on the Mind of Some Legislators
By SHANNON YOUNG Associated Press
February 18, 2012

HARTFORD — Some state lawmakers are reviving a push to end Connecticut’s death penalty, hoping for an easier road this year following the conclusion of two widely publicized trials for a brutal 2007 triple slaying.

While the only survivor of the Cheshire home invasion personally lobbied legislators last year to keep the death penalty, at least one state senator who was swayed by Dr. William Petit says he is now ready to vote for repeal.

“Last year was not an appropriate time to discuss (repeal),” said Sen. Andrew Maynard, a Stonington Democrat.

Petit’s influence helped to doom last year’s bid to repeal the death penalty, which never made it to the Senate floor for a vote. Since then, a man described as the crime’s mastermind has been condemned to join his co-defendant on death row, closing the case on the attack in which Petit’s wife and two daughters were killed.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #699 on: February 19, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »

http://www.housatonictimes.com/articles/2012/02/18/news/political/doc4f3af5495a450970284402.txt
Death Penalty Repeal on the Mind of Some Legislators
By SHANNON YOUNG Associated Press
February 18, 2012

HARTFORD — Some state lawmakers are reviving a push to end Connecticut’s death penalty, hoping for an easier road this year following the conclusion of two widely publicized trials for a brutal 2007 triple slaying.

While the only survivor of the Cheshire home invasion personally lobbied legislators last year to keep the death penalty, at least one state senator who was swayed by Dr. William Petit says he is now ready to vote for repeal.

“Last year was not an appropriate time to discuss (repeal),” said Sen. Andrew Maynard, a Stonington Democrat.

Petit’s influence helped to doom last year’s bid to repeal the death penalty, which never made it to the Senate floor for a vote. Since then, a man described as the crime’s mastermind has been condemned to join his co-defendant on death row, closing the case on the attack in which Petit’s wife and two daughters were killed.

Those fools trying to repeal it need to spend some time locked up in a room with JK.  Bet that would change their minds.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.