April 25, 2024, 12:03:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Family Murders in CT-2007 SOLVED-Death Sentence for both men.  (Read 264272 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2010, 01:53:35 PM »

Monster: It'll cost to kill me

By LAURA ITALIANO
Last Updated: 6:38 AM, October 9, 2010
Posted: 2:13 AM, October 9, 2010

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/monster_it_ll_cost_to_kill_me_Bee9VUOcLnvV6W99FoTFEM#ixzz11swoDyWf

Don't kill me -- it's too expensive!

The monster convicted in the heinous murder of a Connecticut doctor's family plans to argue at his trial's upcoming death-penalty phase that it would be cheaper to keep him alive than to give him the needle.

"The cost of imposing and carrying out a death sentence far exceeds the cost of a sentence of life without the possibility of release," lawyers for Steven Hayes argued in papers filed in New Haven Superior Court yesterday.

Hayes hopes to call an expert criminologist to the stand to make his prison-is-cheaper argument before jurors, who will reconvene Oct. 18 to hear evidence on whether he should be executed under Connecticut's death-penalty law.

Prosecutors are opposing the testimony, arguing cost is irrelevant.

Hayes was convicted Tuesday of the murders of pediatric nurse Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters, Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11.

He and co-defendant Joshua Komisarjevsky, who is to stand trial next year, broke into an unlocked cellar door of the Petit family's four-bedroom Colonial three summers ago, after Komisarjevsky allegedly spotted the wife and daughters in a supermarket parking lot.

Only the father, endocrinologist Dr. William Petit, survived the attacks, in which Hayes raped and strangled the wife and joined in setting the daughters on fire as they lay tied to their beds, doused in gasoline.

laura.italiano@nypost.com
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2010, 08:40:33 PM »

it would not be more expensive to put him to death if they did it right away instead of appeals and all of that crap that prolongs his execution....Kill him tomorrow for all I care..save all of us a lot of money...POS anyways...

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2010, 09:10:37 PM »

I think it is darn neighborly of them to be concerned about cost.  What to do?  I know, just get him to waive all appeals and go directly to the needle bed.  How's that for saving money?

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2010, 09:34:41 PM »

If the waiving of appeals does not work I am willing to kick in a few bucks to make sure he gets the needle.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2010, 12:52:41 AM »

I think it is darn neighborly of them to be concerned about cost.  What to do?  I know, just get him to waive all appeals and go directly to the needle bed.  How's that for saving money?

That's a great idea, but he77 I am willing to chip in so he won't have to worry about expenses or put him in general population, that might take care of his worry ASAP

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2010, 07:44:49 AM »

http://www.newbritainherald.com/articles/2010/10/09/news/doc4cb1001a9c3c2580924080.txt
Life or death; the punishment question
Saturday, October 9, 2010 10:08 PM EDT
By Lisa Backus
Staff Writer
PLAINVILLE — Amid racks of her tasty colossal chocolate cranberry cookies and fluffy coconut macaroons dipped in chocolate, shop owner Isabel Abrantes can say for certain that despite her faith there are some crimes that require the ultimate punishment.

“They were animals, worse than animals,” she said of the two men likely facing the death penalty in the murders of three members of the Petit family. “In this case, definitely yes, what they did was inhumane. An 11-year-old? An 11-year-old? Now, c’mon, I just don’t understand how a human being does that.”

Patrons of Bolo, Abrantes’ trendy café and bakery, which serves up baked goods in Plainville’s center, were united one day last week in their outrage over the crimes committed by the two men who brutally beat a well-known doctor with local roots and killed his family.

But like most of the state, they are split on how Steven Hayes, found guilty this week of 16 counts including six capital felonies and Joshua Komisarjevsky who faces trial next year, should be punished
I don’t really feel the death penalty is warranted but I like the alternative where you send someone to prison for the rest of their life. I want them to suffer every day of their life for what those two sons of bitches did to Dr. Petit,” said Bristol resident Harold Johndrow, a café regular who was finishing up a plate of eggs over easy. “I mean a cell that’s absolutely barren, no frills, spending the rest of their lives suffering.”

It is a phenomenon that has seeped into the gubernatorial and U.S. Senate races and is expected to be debated again in the next legislative session in the Connecticut General Assembly. Which isn’t surprising, according to one scholar, considering Connecticut’s mixed emotions when it comes to dealing with crime.

“Connecticut is pretty unusual,” said Central Connecticut State University Criminology professor Stephen Cox. “We want to talk like we’re tough on crime but when it comes to actually doing it, we won’t.”

Prosecutors in Hayes’ trial, which concluded last week, offered graphic descriptions of the pair’s atrocities including evidence that Komisarjevsky sexually assaulted 11-year-old Michaela Petit and then took pictures of her private areas that Hayes said he attempted to send to friends through his cell phone.

Jennifer Hawke-Petit was raped and strangled by Hayes. Hayley, 17, and Michaela were tied to their beds as gasoline was poured on and around their bodies and their Cheshire home set ablaze. Dr. Petit was savagely beaten and tied in the basement. When he crawled, still bound, to a neighbor’s house seeking help, he was largely unrecognizable. As the sole survivor of the attack, he has become an outspoken proponent of the death penalty.

“For certain murders and other crimes there is no other penalty that will serve justice other than the death penalty. It transcends national borders, races, and cultures,” Petit wrote in a letter published in The Cheshire Herald shortly after the legislature voted in favor of repealing the state’s death penalty law last year. “The issue here is justice, not revenge, nor many of the other arguments that the anti-death penalty abolitionists use as inappropriate arguments to take the focus away from the critical issue. I have found all of their arguments to be intellectually and philosophically dishonest and off point. Their main concerns appear to be the protection of criminals and saving money.”

“Justice and what is right and moral never appear to be part of their arguments,” Petit continued. “When a family member is murdered it destroys a portion of our society — all the potential of those taken away in a cruel fashion is obliterated. Those murdered can never grow and contribute to society. Those who knew them can never hold them, spend time with them, and see what they would add to their family life and society in general.”

Polls conducted over the past 10 years have steadily shown roughly 60 percent of citizens favor the death penalty. At the same time, Connecticut has put only one man to death in the past 50 years and he had to beg for a decade to see his sentence carried out, said death penalty opponents including state Judiciary Committee co-chairman Michael Lawlor, D-East Haven, and Ben Jones, executive director of the Connecticut Network to Abolish the Death Penalty.

“In this state we have a very ambivalent view of the death penalty,” said Jones, whose group does fundraising and stages “educational” programs on capital punishment throughout the state. “Some people want it on the books, but we lack the will to carry it out.”

The anger over the Cheshire home invasion and killings prompted state legislators last year to repeal the death penalty “prospectively” paving the way for Hayes and Komisarjevsky to receive a capital sentence but barring any future death penalty prosecutions.

Cox contends the legislature’s agreement to allow the two to receive the death penalty but not allow it in the future is another example of how the state wants to appear conservative and yet liberal at the same time.

“That’s the politically popular thing to do,” he said. “But in the back end, we don’t follow through. Everyone said executing Michael Ross (in 2005) was the right thing to do the day before we did it. But then after we realized we just killed someone, everyone took a step back and said, what did we just do? We were horrified.”

The legislature’s repeal was quickly vetoed by Gov. M. Jodi Rell, who cited Dr. Petit in her veto message. “These are the crimes forever embedded in our minds, haunting us long after they have been committed,” Rell said. “They cause us to lose our innocence relative to the world around us. The death penalty is, and ought to be, reserved for those who have committed crimes that are revolting to our humanity and civilized society.”

Candidates for U.S. Senate, state Attorney General Richard Blumenthal and World Wrestling owner Linda McMahon, both said they favor the death penalty during televised debates this week. Republican gubernatorial candidate Tom Foley also supports the death penalty.

His Democratic challenger Dan Malloy said if elected he would press again for the same “prospective” repeal the legislature passed last year — but he made clear that if Hayes and Komisarjevsky were sentenced to death he would see the sentence carried out.

Lawlor contends the state’s death penalty law is unworkable and can’t be fixed. Defendants have one actual appeal but unlimited opportunities to bring their case back before state and federal courts through habeas proceedings.

“As a practical matter, no one is going to be executed in Connecticut,” Lawlor said.

He concedes however that there is a tension between what he feels the state can accomplish verses what Hayes and Komisarjevsky deserve.

“They get the prize, this is the worst crime possible. They deserve to be tied up, sexually assaulted and set on fire,” he said. “But the question is should we do that?”

The Catholic Church says no.

The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Hartford opposes the death penalty on the grounds there is no evidence that it acts as a deterrent, it doesn’t provide fair treatment in regards to race, gender and economic status and “it dehumanizes society by desensitizing violence,” said Deacon Robert Pallotti.

“Most importantly,” he said. “It doesn’t follow the traditional trajectory of forgiveness. Part of it is that God is sovereign of life, human beings are not.”

The penalty phase of Hayes’ prosecution will start next week. The same jury that convicted him on all counts except first-degree arson will have to consider aggravating and mitigating circumstances before rendering a sentence. The testimony is likely to be even more shocking than the evidence presented in the trial, Lawlor said.

Although the crimes took place in Cheshire, Plainville residents feel a special connection to the Petit family which still has ties to the town. Dr. Petit was a prominent physician at the Hospital of Central Connecticut. He graduated from Plainville High School. His father, William Sr. was the chairman of the Plainville Chamber of Commerce when the murders occurred.

“Yes, I agree with the death penalty. Dr. Petit was my doctor,” said one woman who declined to be identified as she handed pastries to Abrantis to ring up. “He was great with my mother, he sent me a card when she passed away.”

Bristol resident Bill Munson was a bit more pointed as he sipped his coffee and munched on a donut. “They should just put these guys to death if found guilty,” he said. “Otherwise it’s just lawyers making money.”

Uncertain future

Of the 10 men on Connecticut’s death row, one has been there for more than two decades. Another, Daniel Webb, will hit the 20-year mark next year. According to a report compiled by the state Office of Legislative Research, Webb’s attorneys have sought an appeal and Webb has been the subject of at least two habeas proceedings.

“It is difficult to predict when Webb’s case may end,” the 2009 report said. “If the Superior Court does not grant Webb’s state habeas petition, he can appeal the court’s ruling through the Connecticut courts and, if unsuccessful, appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. If Webb is unsuccessful on these appeals, he can then file a federal habeas corpus petition in federal district court. That petition can be appealed through the federal courts to the U.S. Supreme Court. Additional state or federal habeas petitions may be possible depending on the circumstances. If all these petitions fail, the state can carry out the death penalty.”

However, the report pointed out, if Webb is successful in one of his petitions, a court could overturn his conviction or death sentence, require a new trial with a new sentence, and the appeals process could start all over again.

There is no end in sight for Webb or Robert Brenton, convicted in 1989 of stabbing his wife and 16-year-old son to death, said State Representative Michael Lawlor who co-chairs the Judiciary Committee. Nine of the death row inmates are involved in a suit claiming racial and geographical disparity in applying the death penalty which has yet to be heard by the State Supreme Court.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2010, 12:35:39 PM »

That's a great idea, but he77 I am willing to chip in so he won't have to worry about expenses or put him in general population, that might take care of his worry ASAP
Island, I forgot about the cost-saving general population -- yeah! that's the ticket!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2010, 12:51:22 PM »

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/us_news/northeast/new-haven-connecticut-dr-william-petit-will-not-testify-during-setencing-of-steven-hayes
Petit won't testify at Hayes sentencing
Says law on victim impact statements unclear

Updated: Monday, 11 Oct 2010, 7:23 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 11 Oct 2010, 7:17 AM EDT
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WPRI) - The man whose family was murdered during a 2007 home invasion says he will not testify at the killer's sentencing.
According to CNN, Dr. William Petit said in a statement Friday that while he would like to testify at Steven Hayes' sentencing, Connecticut's law on victim impact statements was too vague. He is concerned his testimony could be used by Hayes as grounds for an appeal.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Hayes. A jury convicted him last Tuesday of capital murder in the deaths of Petit's wife Jennifer, and his daughers Hayley and Michaela.

The penalty phase of Steven Hayes' trial is scheduled to begin October 18. Hayes alleged accomplice, Joshua Komisarjevsky, will be tried seperately.
video at link

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2010, 12:36:50 PM »

Dr. Petit has so much poise, grace and class... an angelic monkey

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2010, 09:51:44 AM »

Petit killer's execution-cost argument to$$ed

AP
Last Updated: 9:43 AM, October 15, 2010
Posted: 2:12 AM, October 15, 2010

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/killer_ploy_to_ed_asHZjKXHquu1tuYwC29mJJ#ixzz12R3EoEM0

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- A man convicted of killing a woman and her two daughters during a home invasion in 2007 cannot bring up the cost of his execution when jurors weigh whether to impose the death penalty.

New Haven Superior Court Judge Jon Blue yesterday rejected requests from Steven Hayes' lawyer to include the cost as a mitigating factor.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2010, 11:23:38 AM »

Petit killer's execution-cost argument to$$ed

AP
Last Updated: 9:43 AM, October 15, 2010
Posted: 2:12 AM, October 15, 2010

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/killer_ploy_to_ed_asHZjKXHquu1tuYwC29mJJ#ixzz12R3EoEM0

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- A man convicted of killing a woman and her two daughters during a home invasion in 2007 cannot bring up the cost of his execution when jurors weigh whether to impose the death penalty.

New Haven Superior Court Judge Jon Blue yesterday rejected requests from Steven Hayes' lawyer to include the cost as a mitigating factor.

Cost a mitigating factor . . . where did the lawyer come up with this idea!  I bet bozo from Florida called him . . . sounds like something he would say.  Maybe they went to the same night school together.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2010, 09:24:54 PM »

Defense calls brutal Conn. home invader 'likable'

By LAURA ITALIANO
Last Updated: 2:01 PM, October 18, 2010
Posted: 11:17 AM, October 18, 2010

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/defense_calls_brutal_conn_home_invader_LqJUKUhV4gaf44t4um55HO#ixzz12lPFgOCW

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Brutal home invasion murderer Steven Hayes could be "likable," his lawyer told jurors today.

"He could be a hard worker, he could express concern for family and friends, and he could be a likable person," his lawyer, Patrick Culligan, told a jury today.

The odd assertion -- given the heinousness of the crimes at hand -- came in opening statements to the penalty phase of Hayes' trial for the strangulation murder of nurse Jennifer Hawke-Petit and the murder-by-fire of her daughters Hayley, 17 and Michaela, 11.

The same Superior Court jury that convicted Hayes earlier this month in the 2007 attacks in a wealthy suburb north of New Haven begins today hearing evidence on whether he'll now be sent to the death chamber.

As part of its fight for Hayes to be sentenced instead to life without parole, the defense promises it will call at least a half-dozen witnesses today to paint a prettier, more sympathetic picture of the monster.

They'll later call three shrinks and witnesses from the department of corrections to describe Hayes' cocaine addiction and post-crime remorse, Culligan promised. Jurors are required to weigh such mitigating factors in deciding whether Hayes lives or dies.

"Mr. Hayes suffered a very painful illegal drug addiction very early in life that essentially controlled his life and his choices," Culligan told jurors.

Lead prosecutor Michael Dearington made a far shorter opening statement, informing the jury that his side will rely almost entirely on the trial's preceding testimony in proving that Hayes' crimes were heinous, depraved and cruel.

New prosecution testimony will center almost solely on details of Haye's three-decade criminal history, Dearington said.

The trial's penalty phase testimony is expected to span the next two weeks, said Superior Court Judge Jon Blue.

In other arguments today, the judge rejected defense arguments that Hawke-Petit's murder doesn't fit the legal definitions of depraved, heinous and cruel because it would have only taken eight to 15 seconds for her to lose consciousness while being strangled.

That might have been the case had Hayes merely snuck up from behind his victim out of nowhere, the judge noted.

"But here the context is somebody held for several hours, and who had been sexually assaulted, and who feared for the fate of her

children," the judge said.

"Don't we have really, extraordinary evidence of mental anguish?"
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2010, 06:34:17 AM »

Aw, poor little massacre fiend

By LAURA ITALIANO, Post Correspondent
Last Updated: 2:39 AM, October 19, 2010
Posted: 1:57 AM, October 19, 2010

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/aw_poor_little_massacre_fiend_T6kbaiU1rbdqDww0Eda5dN#ixzz12ndWRvXR

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Poor, misunderstood Steven Hayes.

The home-invasion murderer -- convicted earlier this month of raping and strangling a Connecticut nurse and burning her two daughters alive -- is a really nice guy, his lawyers insisted yesterday as they tried to convince jurors Hayes should be spared the death penalty.

"Likable." "Hardworking." "Gentle." "Fragile." "Funny."

These were just a few of the sympathetic, sense-defying superlatives used to describe Hayes by a social worker, an ex-boss and other acquaintances, all of whom took the stand to say they were shocked -- shocked! -- to hear he'd raped, then choked the life out of a bound and helpless Jennifer Hawke-Petit before helping set fire to Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11, as they lay tied to their beds.

A social worker described Hayes as "fragile," desperate to put his life back together -- the kind of guy who broke into tears while sharing about his crack addiction during counseling sessions.

A retired court sheriff recalled to jurors having "chuckled" with Hayes over his teenage crush on her daughter -- and how in later years, Hayes was "always very remorseful" when nabbed for a total of seven burglaries, most of them car break-ins.

"He was a real klutz of a criminal," the ex-sheriff, D'Arcy Lobetree, told jurors with a smile.

For five weeks in 2006 -- a year before the murders -- Hayes plated desserts and mixed the marinades at a West New Haven restaurant owned by Christiane Gehami. "He got along with everyone," she remembered on the witness stand. "Yeah, he was funny."

Gehami had far harsher words for Hayes' partner in terror, Joshua Komisarjevsky, who stands trial as Hayes' accomplice next year. Hayes had brought Komisarjevsky to Gehami's restaurant, Arugula, one day to help with some kitchen construction.

"I thought I was looking at the devil," she told jurors of Komisarjevsky, whom Hayes blamed as the attack's mastermind.

"My skin crawled. My hair stood on end . . . That was my reaction. [He had] dead eyes. Completely dead eyes."

Much of yesterday's testimony had a scraped-barrel-bottom feel to it, particularly a rental agent's remembrance that Hayes was "polite" three months before the killings, when she told him his criminal record barred him from leasing an apartment in her complex.

And many of yesterday's witnesses used epic, heroic terms to describe Hayes' desperate struggle to escape his crack cocaine addiction -- although none in such flowery language as Hayes himself.

Defense lawyers will hope jurors' sympathy for Hayes' drug battle will help keep the state's needle out of his arm.

"Drugs are not my main problem -- I am my main problem," Hayes wrote in a drug-program self-evaluation read aloud in court yesterday.

"I am on a spiritual journey," he wrote. "I'm just beginning to know the new me, the real me."

Almost a year later to the day, Hayes would break into the four-bedroom colonial of the Petit family in Cheshire, a leafy town 14 miles north of New Haven, and loose upon the family a nightmare of rape and fire -- with Komisarjevsky allegedly leading the way.

Only the father, Dr. William Petit, would manage to break free from his restraints. As he ran to summon help, his house erupted in flames.

Defense testimony is expected to span two weeks, and today will include excerpts from Komisarjevsky's prison diaries -- part of Hayes' strategy to shift blame onto his former co-defendant.

laura.italiano@nypost.com
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2010, 07:00:19 PM »

snipped from above:

"He could be a hard worker, he could express concern for family and friends, and he could be a likable person," his lawyer, Patrick Culligan, told a jury today.

Wonder if his lawyer would find him so likable if his daughters and wife had been raped and murdered and he had been beaten almost to death????
this makes me sick.
what is taking the jury so long to give this guy the death penalty??? don't understand this at all!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2010, 07:00:50 PM »

and I agree that he has dead eyes...I thought that the first time that I saw him...evil ...

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »

Defense for Conn. horror slayer use partner's jail journals in attempt to mitigate Hayes' responsibility

By LAURA ITALIANO
Last Updated: 3:11 PM, October 19, 2010
Posted: 2:18 PM, October 19, 2010

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/defense_mititgate_responsibility_R7lplo5rwVLypu8mLvg8CK#ixzz12qsYCLmC

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- The other guy is worse, home invasion monster Steven Hayes is arguing on day two of proceedings to determine if he is put to death.

Hoping their client will look good by comparison -- and thereby dodge the needle -- lawyers for the convicted murderer of a Connecticut nurse and her two daughters are spending much of today inflicting on jurors the egomaniacal prison journals of Haye's alleged accomplice, Joshua Komisarjevsky.

In much of the writings, Komisarjevsky describes his career as a burglar in ways that defy believability. He details such extreme antics as crawling through storm drains, scaling and rappelling down buildings and even purportedly diving and snorkeling to reach his "targets."

"It's common knowledge I can pretty much get into any building I wanted," Komisarjevsky claims in the journals -- which a clerk is reading aloud into the court record.

"Hell, if I knew a pilot I would have sky dived into some of my objectives," boasts the burglar, who has some two-dozen break-ins on his rap sheet, but claims to have committed many hundreds more.

"It's extremely high risk, and extremely brazen, but hey, my life is defined by risk," he brags of sneaking into homes --even when the occupants are still home and still awake -- with his dark clothes, night vision goggles and a double-edged diving knife strapped to his forearm.

The journals are expected to delve into the crime itself -- the 2007 home invasion murders of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters, Hayley, 17 and Michaela, 11. Hayes was convicted earlier this month of raping and strangling the mom and of joining with Komisarjevsky in setting the girls on fire as they lay tied to their beds.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2010, 11:01:03 PM »

My family got the death penalty, and you want to give murderers life. That is not justice.
--Dr. William Petit, to Connecticut lawmakers

What a brave man!

I agree Sister, these Men who committed every despicable act " within hours" upon 4 Human beings - Deserve NOTHING

Not one tear, not one breath of air - directly to the table/chair - do not pass go, They do not require a Jury of Peers - Because " Human Vomit Like Them" do not have Peers ~ not in a humane society...  They stand alone. They Should DIE Alone ~ in chambers of brick walls and silence. The last sound for them to hear - their own heart beating as it dwindles to BUH BYE .. then they can be with their Savior .. who that may be? Idk. Dependent on ?? Idk. Either way its their own fate - choices are available in life, I don't know if choices are made for " certain beings" in the after life..
Not my job ..

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2010, 06:10:11 AM »

Twisted taunts of wicked killer

By LAURA ITALIANO Post Correspondent
Last Updated: 4:35 AM, October 20, 2010
Posted: 3:31 AM, October 20, 2010

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/twisted_taunts_of_wicked_killer_X0bYYGUJnR9GYZnSfoP1OI#ixzz12tO1vihB

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- He derides his victims as "mesmerized rabbits." He boasts of his "rapturous control" of the youngest daughter.

And most gallingly -- because this one victim has survived to hear it -- he taunts Dr. William Petit for not fighting back while getting clubbed nearly to death.

"Mr. Petit is a coward," home-invasion suspect Joshua Komisarjevsky gloats in a confiscated prison diary read aloud for the first time in court yesterday, as part of convicted accomplice Steven Hayes' bid to shift blame and avoid the death penalty.

"He ran away when he felt his own life was threatened," Komisarjevsky, 29, wrote, "and left his wife and children to die at the hands of madmen."

Petit -- who barely survived Komisarjevsky's brutal baseball-bat attack as he slept on his sunroom couch three years ago -- sat stone-faced in New Haven Superior Court as the monster's taunts rained down on him, read aloud by a court clerk at the behest of Hayes' lawyers.

But after court, Petit -- a noted endocrinologist who lost his wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, and daughters Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11, to the tortures of rape and fire in the July 2007 attack -- was livid.

"I really don't want to dignify the ravings of a sociopath who appears to be a pathological liar as well," Petit said, seeming to struggle to contain his rage.

"My testimony stands as truthful testimony," he said, referring to his own account to jurors during the guilt phase of Hayes' trial last month, in which Petit described losing seven pints of blood and having to literally roll his body across two back yards to summon help moments before his home went up in flames.

The diaries shoved the spotlight away, at least for one day, from Hayes, 47, who is hoping to avoid the needle by showing Komisarjevsky masterminded the attacks while he -- a crack-addled patsy -- was merely a "follower."

The writings, inked in four composition books with black-and-white marbled covers, were confiscated a year after the attacks from Komisarjevsky's jail cell, where he awaits his own death-penalty trial sometime next year.

In turns sniveling and exultant, Komisarjevsky calls the attacks, "The awakening of my shaddow [sic], repressed within, reaching its zenith that morning with the rapturous control of Michaela."

Prosecutors say Michaela died tied to her bed, still in her pajamas, having been raped by Komisarjevsky. The two men doused Michaela and Hayley -- also tied to her bed -- with gasoline before lighting them on fire in an inhuman effort to cover their tracks, prosecutors say.

In his scrawlings, Komisarjevsky toggles sickeningly between self-worship and self-pity, between begging his victims' forgiveness and taunting them for their fear and powerlessness.

"Michaela, angel of my nightmares," he writes in a poem titled "Reflections of the Damned."

"My pain to yours does not compare/How could I have turned my back, walking out that door/Knowing your fear and sorrow," he writes.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2010, 08:37:26 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/
Home Invasion Trial: Diary of Accused Killer
Joshua Komisarjevsky's disturbing diaries and letters are read aloud in court.
10/20/2010

Video at link

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2010, 08:47:27 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/20/earlyshow/main6974702.shtml
NEW HAVEN, Conn., Oct. 20, 2010
Home Invasion Murderer: Cohort the Mastermind
Steven Hayes' Lawyers Use Writings of Alleged Accomplice in Effort to Keep Hayes from Getting Death Penalty

It is hard to even read about this case. 
These monsters come in at #3 on my short list for the death penalty.
#1 Vandersloot
#2 Anthony
#3 Hayes/Komisarjevsky

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.