April 24, 2024, 01:06:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flight of the Conchords  (Read 3991 times)
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« on: July 30, 2007, 03:50:25 AM »

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine who is a comedienne told me about these two guys from New Zealand who played quirky folk music. She turned me on to a track that I found absolutely hilarious. I passed it around for a couple of weeks to a few friends but they were quickly forgotten.

2 months ago, they resurfaced with a new TV show on HBO and I have been an addict ever since.

Jemaine is my new hero. These guys brand of humor isn't for everyone, but boy they are right up my alley.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 04:10:44 PM »

Thanks for the heads up Dugga - I'll check it out on HBO
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 08:12:37 PM »

Cool. Like I said, it's not for everyone. Very dry stuff, but I really enjoy it.

I did want to mention on the video linked above that the youtube video quality isn't all that good, so I need to clarify... When Jemaine is standing there in the video "full monty", the naughty bits were obscured by a mosaic. You can't really tell that in the video, so it might lead someone to believe that I had linked to a video that contained full frontal nudity. I never wouldn't have done that! Just wanted to make that very clear.

Besides, it was dude parts. I wouldn't have been into that anyway.  Cool
spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 05:49:47 AM »

Dugga,
I discovered these guys a couple days ago. I'm subscribed to the Glenn Beck newsletter and in one he had a youtube link to one of there songs. I have HBO but just hadn't paid attention to this show for some reason but when Glenn recommended it I checked out the link and OMG it was so funny. There are several videos of these guys on youtube and I watched them all. All were hilarious. "Jenny", "Albi the racist dragon", "Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros" those are my favs.
check 'em out ya'll but warning they are dirty! I have to remember to tivo their show.

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 06:25:47 PM »

Cool. Like I said, it's not for everyone. Very dry stuff, but I really enjoy it.

I did want to mention on the video linked above that the youtube video quality isn't all that good, so I need to clarify... When Jemaine is standing there in the video "full monty", the naughty bits were obscured by a mosaic. You can't really tell that in the video, so it might lead someone to believe that I had linked to a video that contained full frontal nudity. I never wouldn't have done that! Just wanted to make that very clear.

Besides, it was dude parts. I wouldn't have been into that anyway.  Cool

Brokeback Mountain not for you eh!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 11:05:14 PM »

check 'em out ya'll but warning they are dirty! I have to remember to tivo their show.
Actually, I was rather disappointed in this week's show. I always watch it with my 14 year old son and we get a huge laugh out of it, but this week's show was a little over the edge. They did a song called "Mother Uckers" in which they intentionally use huge strings of profanity, but every so slightly modify the actual words where they don't say anything truly objectionable. It was still a little over the edge for me because it honestly sounded SO much like the real profanities. In past shows, they have intentionally kept things tame by using things like "flippin'" instead of the f-word, and when a naughty word was uttered, it was done by someone else in the show.

So, it might soon no longer become a family affair, but they'll still make me laugh after the kids go to bed. Smile

By and large though, they do try to keep things on the clean side. But they certainly have crossed the line a time or two, IMO.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.