April 30, 2024, 11:47:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #670 7/31 - 8/01/2007  (Read 233341 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2007, 11:58:06 PM »

#  subdude on June 25th, 2005 8:24 pm

If Simian is accurate, this was a clever legal scheme to avoid prosecution by PVDS and protect his son from same. Does anyone know if Aruban law provides 100% inter-family testimonial immunity? In US, most states have similar inter-spousal immunity. Spouse can not be compelled to testify against spouse. However, spouse can chose to testify against spouse. This is probably why police are leanding hard on JVDS

PVDS would know all of this as a judge in training.

# edie on June 25th, 2005 8:25 pm

Almost the perfect crime?

# subdude on June 25th, 2005 8:26 pm

Edie: The “Hindus” are the Kalpoes from Surinam and practice Hindu religion, I believe. Mrs Kalpoe made reference to Hindu altar in her home on Greta interview.

Aruban police are trying to get around PVDS mastermind scheme to avoid prosecution and have son do same by hiding behind the privilege of not being able to be compelled to testify against another family member.

But, per Simian, there is a wrinkle.

What are they trying to get Joran to say against Paulus.  When I first heard the charges against Paulus I was shocked.  We always thought it was just helping his son dispose of a body but those charges are big.  Right after those charges were announced on TV by Marianne Croes she was removed from the case Laughing.

From SunFreaks thread:

Paulus Antonius Petrus Johanna van der SLOOT  (DOB 2-15-92) born in Boxtel, the Netherlands - Father of suspect Joran Van der Sloot. Citizen of the Netherlands, at present residing in Aruba.  Arrested 6-23-2005 around 2:15 pm, released 6-26-05.  Suspicion of complicity to premeditated murder, complicity to murder and complicity to kidnapping. Interviewed as witness 6-18-05. Was a Judge-In-Training until March 2005 when he was dismissed from the program.  He currently works as an Attorney in the law offices of Antonius Carlo, Joran’s attorney of record. Relocated from the NL to Aruba in 1991.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #261 on: July 31, 2007, 11:59:23 PM »

Welcome Home!!

Just remember, in your travels....you have a home.

i tried to come home last night and i kept watching the screen and when it got to
18 seconds i went back to the front page  Mad

Mine is slow too.  I just try to find a little more patience...but it is getting irritating.

Cable here and it's slow...search does suck, Buckeye...Robots is a wimp for not dealing with it... Razz

ROFL

im not a wimp... i just cant take it  Laughing

it took 14 seconds for this page to come up....

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
GrannyToad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #262 on: August 01, 2007, 12:00:01 AM »

I'm glad someone else is talking about the slowness of the forum.  I didn't want to bring it up and be a wet blanket on everyone's happiness with all the new features.  However, it is highly frustrating to those of us on high speed who are used to pages loading instantly.  This is really slow!!!

I may be the only one here so far out in the sticks that all I can get is a modem phone connection but had to wryly chuckle, yesterday I did time 18 painstaking frustrating blanketyblank seconds for a page to load. Today is so much faster I haven't timed. Would guess 5-10 seconds max, more like 5. I don't think it's DNS getting comfy but don't know what made the difference. I really am out in the boonies, a cellphone dead zone too. I have one for like a phone booth in my pocket when away. Now I said all that I lied, kinda, I do get satellite tv else I wouldn't get tv either.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #263 on: August 01, 2007, 12:00:56 AM »

and complicity to kidnapping

this is the ONE that i find the most interesting and skerrrrrrryyy

- A Horse's Tale
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: August 01, 2007, 12:01:41 AM »

Chapter 15 summary...

http://www.scrux.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=650
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #265 on: August 01, 2007, 12:02:08 AM »

I'm glad someone else is talking about the slowness of the forum.  I didn't want to bring it up and be a wet blanket on everyone's happiness with all the new features.  However, it is highly frustrating to those of us on high speed who are used to pages loading instantly.  This is really slow!!!

I may be the only one here so far out in the sticks that all I can get is a modem phone connection but had to wryly chuckle, yesterday I did time 18 painstaking frustrating blanketyblank seconds for a page to load. Today is so much faster I haven't timed. Would guess 5-10 seconds max, more like 5. I don't think it's DNS getting comfy but don't know what made the difference. I really am out in the boonies, a cellphone dead zone too. I have one for like a phone booth in my pocket when away. Now I said all that I lied, kinda, I do get satellite tv else I wouldn't get tv either.

this sheds light on why you and Pearl write such comprehensive posts. Very Happy

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #266 on: August 01, 2007, 12:02:17 AM »

LOL ......toad

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #267 on: August 01, 2007, 12:03:14 AM »

"If you wish the sympathy of the broad masses, you must tell them the crudest and most stupid things."

anyone wanna guess who said this ??

- A Horse's Tale
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2007, 12:03:42 AM »

The slowness issue I am sure will be addressed. It's really is a minor issue when transferring an ENTIRE site and all the files over.

Look at the bright side... you have all the old crap to dig through.

Speed is all dependent on what you are use to....

A Pinto is fast for Fred Flintstone, but slow for Captain Kirk...

Now that's the right attitude!  It's true, all in what your used to.  We'll adjust, like we  have in the past.  I love all the NEW features!  So worth it to me!

I agree, I'm in the IT field and what they did over the weekend is a huge feat!  So kudos to Dugga and read.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #269 on: August 01, 2007, 12:04:23 AM »

Well, this is interesting too.

subdude on June 25th, 2005 8:09 pm

Lorenzo = some talk about a fifth (at the time), now 6th after the arrest of Dad, person involved and to be arrested. Nothing has come of it yet. If not mistaken, Lorenzo allegedly owned a crazy-painted van or house and thought was NH may have been at his house at some point.

That is INTERESTING, Lala's.  Means fifth was Lorenzo, then when Paulus arrested Lorenzo became sixth?????

I know that doesn't make sense.  Actually, I never knew Lorenzo was arrested back then...but then again...no one knew Lorenzo back then. 
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2007, 12:06:07 AM »

igsigs, to even remotely think that a sweaty dutchbag and his kid are gonna get away with this makes Holland the laffin stock of the entire criminal justice world....

except it ain't funny!!!!

Trix is Trixin'

+++

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2007, 12:06:16 AM »

The slowness issue I am sure will be addressed. It's really is a minor issue when transferring an ENTIRE site and all the files over.

a pinto, im riding a SNAIL back here ... Smile

- A Horse's Tale
crazymom
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2007, 12:06:22 AM »

GrannyToad,  I've enjoyed reading your posts at BFN and so glad you came here!

Klaas,  I think we need at least two MONKEY awards for now.

The most popular new Monkey for GrannyToad

The most popular Monkey ever, for Robots!

We'll need to come up with other's later, as there are many deserving monkeys!   Very Happy

How about the monkey with the quickest draw

Or the monkey furthest away?

What about the monkey that is going the craziest at the moment!!  Hi monkeys.  Granny Toad it is a pleasure having you here!  Also, welcome to all the new monkeys!
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2007, 12:07:06 AM »

igsigs, to even remotely think that a sweaty dutchbag and his kid are gonna get away with this makes Holland the laffin stock of the entire criminal justice world....

except it ain't funny!!!!

Trix is Trixin'

yep! Cool

- A Horse's Tale
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2007, 12:08:28 AM »

Robots ~ no matter how long it takes you, we'll wait.  Very Happy Very Happy Cool
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2007, 12:09:20 AM »

#  edie on June 25th, 2005 8:30 pm

I know simian lives in Aruba… ANyone else?

# Peter on June 25th, 2005 8:34 pm

They want to pressere the punk into feeling concern for his father’s well being, knowing that he is now in custody.

How do you get concern from a narccistic psychopath, whatever his age???

# Simian on June 25th, 2005 8:34 pm

Montaña. Noord. Aruba.

# Simian on June 25th, 2005 8:37 pm

What does the music man know? He was seen. He was mentioned by the boy. 
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2007, 12:09:28 AM »

Now that's the right attitude!  It's true, all in what your used to.  We'll adjust, like we  have in the past.  I love all the NEW features!  So worth it to me!

I agree, I'm in the IT field and what they did over the weekend is a huge feat!  So kudos to Dugga and read.

and who knew until last week that Al Gore Jr. Jr. could do ovah a hundred in a Prias? he he he !!!

+++

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2007, 12:09:59 AM »

Robots ~ no matter how long it takes you, we'll wait.  Very Happy Very Happy Cool

thats a DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- A Horse's Tale
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2007, 12:10:17 AM »

So true Dihannah.  It was amazing to just switch over in a couple of hours downtime and then run as well as it has from the word "go".
My whinge was that until today it has been just as fast loading but really slow today and I was just letting the other monkeys know they were not Robinson Crusoe with all this.
Apart from that I am a very happy monkey with the new cage.
Self cleaning cages, too  Very Happy Very Happy

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2007, 12:10:43 AM »

"If you wish the sympathy of the broad masses, you must tell them the crudest and most stupid things."

anyone wanna guess who said this ??

AH...I have met a few in my life. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.