April 30, 2024, 04:37:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #670 7/31 - 8/01/2007  (Read 233300 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #700 on: August 01, 2007, 05:21:59 PM »

Having the two threads is the best idea!  I don't feel I have much to contribute in the case sometimes, but love having a place to go and talk as well!  Especially during slow news times. 

So Thanks for giving some of us another place to talk!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #701 on: August 01, 2007, 05:24:06 PM »

Hey everyone. I have merged all of the threads into a single thread again. No messages were removed, they are now all in this one topic.

We need to set up a few ground rules and change things up a bit before we implement any changes like this. The ideas are good, but we need to think thru the execution a little more before doing so...

Sorry to upset the flow, but in the end it will be better.

Carry on.  Razz
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: August 01, 2007, 05:30:42 PM »

Hey everyone. I have merged all of the threads into a single thread again. No messages were removed, they are now all in this one topic.

We need to set up a few ground rules and change things up a bit before we implement any changes like this. The ideas are good, but we need to think thru the execution a little more before doing so...

Carry on.  Razz

You know I thought I was losing my mind for a second because I was reading back and saw posts that I knew I posted in the other thread Shocked
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: August 01, 2007, 05:31:07 PM »

Having the two threads is the best idea!  I don't feel I have much to contribute in the case sometimes, but love having a place to go and talk as well!  Especially during slow news times. 

There has always been off topic discussion on the LCD. Especially when there isn't a lot of news, people are going to go off topic and discuss other things. Not everyone complains about it - in fact, I think only a relatively few are bothered enough to say anything about it. It might be easier if we got an "Ignore" button back and the people who have problems scrolling past the things they don't like can simply put those posters on Ignore. Personally, I've never had any problem using the scroll feature on my computer and not reading things I'm not interested in. Another option is to keep one LCD thread and have a chat room again. When we used to have a chat room, most of the off topic discussion took place there and the LCD was used a lot less.

I Stand With The Girl
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #704 on: August 01, 2007, 05:34:03 PM »

Carry on.  Razz

You know I thought I was losing my mind for a second because I was reading back and saw posts that I knew I posted in the other thread Shocked

I thought I was losing my mind!  My post got moved, so went there and started posting, then noticed there were suddenly case posts too.

Dugga,  a little warning next time?  Razz

I don't think implementing should be that difficult if you maybe make the thread "Names" more specific.  Then put something on the FP that it has been implemented?  Just a thought......

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #705 on: August 01, 2007, 05:35:15 PM »

Carry on.  Razz

'

Me too.. I thought oops I just posted need to go see if I am being rude... and then thought well I'll be damned.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #706 on: August 01, 2007, 05:35:39 PM »

It's about focus, and about standardizing things for newcomers. If this whole thread was located elsewhere and was called something like "Stream of Consciousness", it'd be totally different. But the thread is "Case Discussion" and much of what's discussed here isn't about the case.

We simply want to focus a bit more. It will make the thread more respectful towards Natalee, and will make it easier reading for newcomers to catch-up on your theories, facts/news, or speculation.

Just tidying it up a bit, that's all. Really. We're not going to rip your worlds apart by asking certain areas to remain on topic. Honest!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #707 on: August 01, 2007, 05:36:16 PM »

There has always been off topic discussion on the LCD. Especially when there isn't a lot of news, people are going to go off topic and discuss other things. Not everyone complains about it - in fact, I think only a relatively few are bothered enough to say anything about it. It might be easier if we got an "Ignore" button back and the people who have problems scrolling past the things they don't like can simply put those posters on Ignore. Personally, I've never had any problem using the scroll feature on my computer and not reading things I'm not interested in. Another option is to keep one LCD thread and have a chat room again. When we used to have a chat room, most of the off topic discussion took place there and the LCD was used a lot less.

I'm sure most aren't bothered by the O/T, but there are some, so this way, everybody should be happy?

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #708 on: August 01, 2007, 05:37:31 PM »

I thought oops I just posted need to go see if I am being rude... and then thought well I'll be damned.
Mrs. Red? Rude? I cannot IMAGINE that!  Wink
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #709 on: August 01, 2007, 05:39:37 PM »

Hi all - am sneaking a peek at lunch... just about had a HEART ATTACK... I logged on and saw Wonderwoman's quotes and I thought she had been let back in and  was dying!  Then I realised I was in the 2005 archives.

Whew... what a relief.... just sharing  Cool

Beanie that is too funny!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #710 on: August 01, 2007, 05:40:12 PM »

So ARE we going to eventually have an Ignore button and a chat room?   Smile

I Stand With The Girl
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #711 on: August 01, 2007, 05:41:07 PM »

I thought oops I just posted need to go see if I am being rude... and then thought well I'll be damned.
Mrs. Red? Rude? I cannot IMAGINE that!  Wink

never, ever... well hardly ever.  Laughing  maybe direct... but never rude!

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #712 on: August 01, 2007, 05:41:08 PM »

Carry on.  Razz

I was lost too  Shocked
   I read this on an old thread from 2005 and I wanna say WIZ posted it IIRC  and I laughed by ass off

Rose are Red
Violets are Blue
I'm schizophrenic
and so am I     

Twilight Zone moment there for a little bit..  Laughing
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #713 on: August 01, 2007, 05:42:18 PM »

I'm sure most aren't bothered by the O/T, but there are some, so this way, everybody should be happy?
[/quote

SHOULD BE.. Key words here..  but seems some are neevr happy no matter what IMO
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #714 on: August 01, 2007, 05:49:33 PM »

Angie - Did you scare everyone away?  Laughing

What you said is true. There are some people in the world who get their greatest joy from being unhappy and having something to complain about. No matter how you knock yourself out trying to please them, they will never be content.

I Stand With The Girl
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #715 on: August 01, 2007, 05:50:14 PM »

I believe we need to clarify something in these threads.

It does little good to have an "off topic OK" thread, if the content of that thread continues to be all about the case.

Red and I need to go over things a little, but I believe what we will start doing is automatically moving any off-topic discussion to the appropriate board and thread elsewhere on the system, so that LCD remains both "lively" and "case discussion".

Our goal is twofold...

1: To maintain an air of respect for Natalee and discussion of the case here in her dedicated area,

and

2: To continue to provide a place where we can all keep having a good time.

The idea is to move away from the "stream of consciousness" discussion found in this thread, unless of course your discussion is case-based.

Good, I will leave you two in charge of that aspect because frankly, I'm tired of trying

I hear ya, I thought I was going to get banned for even mentioning the idea this weekend.... (by the monkeys, not you).... but everyone complains about the off topic - then everyone complains about the all on topic.. and then everyone complains about shango/lack of respect....

so what do we do?
My sugesstion?Just stop complaining,everyone.If some want to talk about the case,great...some want to tango with shango,great...some want to talk off topic,great.It really doesn't bother me at all,I'm just happy to see no one bashing Natalee and her family Smile
I find no problem with just scrolling over what I don't want to read.
Soooo,did the posts from the on topic disscussion get mixed in here cause now I'm really dizzy.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #716 on: August 01, 2007, 05:51:48 PM »

Gotta run now but this evening I will try to find the article about elders having sex in hotels.  It's in English.  We often get an English translations of Jossy's editorials and this may have been one of those.

What amazes me is we see something like that then no arrests for MsMarple combs the papers daily and would see it it it happened, at least anything happening of any magnitude.

Maybe I can find it this evening and post.  I think I do have it somewhere but do not have the best file system.

Thanks Anna
Smile

Karma Is Coming

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #717 on: August 01, 2007, 05:52:18 PM »

That post Klaas found explains Haley Segonia's drug test.

Did I get her name right?

Except WHO IS Haley?

An island girl? Is there a Haley? Im confused..
I thought her name was terri

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: August 01, 2007, 05:52:50 PM »

My sugesstion?Just stop complaining,everyone.If some want to talk about the case,great...some want to tango with shango,great...some want to talk off topic,great.It really doesn't bother me at all,I'm just happy to see no one bashing Natalee and her family Smile
I find no problem with just scrolling over what I don't want to read.
Soooo,did the posts from the on topic disscussion get mixed in here cause now I'm really dizzy.

Good post, Karma!

I Stand With The Girl
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #719 on: August 01, 2007, 05:54:28 PM »

Carry on.  Razz

LOL!!!
I know San,me too.....thought I forgot to eat dinner and was getting lightheaded or something.
Smile

Karma Is Coming

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.