April 30, 2024, 07:30:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #670 7/31 - 8/01/2007  (Read 233313 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #760 on: August 01, 2007, 06:30:43 PM »

What the heck happend on the trip home  Shocked

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #761 on: August 01, 2007, 06:31:16 PM »

Would it work to keep things as they are and then place a warning, to move to the lounge for O/T when/if there is breaking news??
I don't see anything disrespectful, to Natalee, by sharing among caring people.  Over two years this thread has become more than just a news link.  There is something to be said for interacting with others.  It challenges thinking and values that one does not consider in a "news only" thread. IMO

for BB

Ramm's posting about Joran saying Deepak came with two dogs.

Re: DEEPAK CAME WITH 2 DOGS ... « Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 07:04:22 AM »   

Quote from: Scorpio1938 on July 06, 2006, 07:52:02 PM
Deepak, he came "with two dogs," Is this slang, for two screwball guys, who would act like two oversexed monkeys, trying to have sex with a wet football.

it talked about actual dogs or better yet "honden" in dutch.

In dutch one would not say "honden" for people. Dutch youths have taken over the vocabulary of the US in this. It would have been "homies", "bro's" or if the canine link must be true "dawgs" but not "honden".

If Joran had been describing 2 humans with Deepak he would have most likely used "papiamentu slang", "US slang" or "Dutch slang" but dogs? No, dogs is not dutch slang for friends as far as I know/have researched on the net.

http://tinyurl.com/2kgvxy
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #762 on: August 01, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »

Shocked  Schmidt....is that the same  FBI agent, or one of them, on Aruba???
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #763 on: August 01, 2007, 06:33:37 PM »

read that carefully Smish ( can I call you that? I love that name) they are skewing the stats
Yes you can call me that Mrs Red!I actually perfer it...or KarmaSmish...naaa,just Smish or Smishy.
It's my real life nickname Smile
That's what I mean about that article...written kinda confusing to me.I did however notice that Bonare(sp)is up 37% from last year.I think Bonare is saying that tourists fly to Aruba to get to them and maybe Aruba is counting these flights like the tourists are staying there on Aruba?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #764 on: August 01, 2007, 06:34:19 PM »

FOX mentioned Natalee awhile ago, talking about unsolved murders in Carribean.

What surprised me Auntiem is that I thought U.S. had better ties and more involvement with St. Johns USVI than the BS Aruba has dished out to the FBI.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #765 on: August 01, 2007, 06:34:26 PM »

Darn ~ I couldn't even post to Dugga correctly, so I'll try it again:

Dugga ~ I can't believe I have the courage to speak out about this ~ I believe our thread/this thread has ALWAYS been respectful towards Natalee and her family.
Yes, there certainly are times when folks are off-topic, but generally speaking it's when news items are far and few between . . . . the minute we get news, everyone begins discussing it. 

To me, this is where I know my monkeys are. . .perhaps we could continue this way for a while longer, and just see how it goes.  Frankly, I've never noticed that many people upset....but then again, I mostly just watch the action and read.

If I have offended *anyone*, I apologize.

Not offended in the least, tcumom. I appreciate your input - honestly. But Mrs. Red hit the nail on the head, as she has a knack for doing... We can't please everyone. We're simply going to need to learn a few new habits.

I understand your statement about having always been respectful. That's true. There's never been any blatant disrespect for Natalee - that clearly would not have been tolerated. But in a thread that's supposed to be about case discussion, we don't need to be talking about our kids football games or where we're going on vacation or what we watched on TV. Let's KEEP all that comeraderie, but move it to a spot where it belongs.

(broken record - and by posting this message I am breaking by own rules, but that's OK since we won't start enforcing them yet!)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #766 on: August 01, 2007, 06:34:58 PM »

That Amigo article looks to me like MORE passengers, on FEWER flights!!!!
That's what I got out of it too.

Karma Is Coming

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #767 on: August 01, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »

read that carefully Smish ( can I call you that? I love that name) they are skewing the stats
Yes you can call me that Mrs Red!I actually perfer it...or KarmaSmish...naaa,just Smish or Smishy.
It's my real life nickname Smile
That's what I mean about that article...written kinda confusing to me.I did however notice that Bonare(sp)is up 37% from last year.I think Bonare is saying that tourists fly to Aruba to get to them and maybe Aruba is counting these flights like the tourists are staying there on Aruba?

Smish... they probably are counting the stop offs to Bonaire... also keep in mind that the tourists from ships are down... way down... so fuller flights with less fligths..

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #768 on: August 01, 2007, 06:37:02 PM »

Does this mean that tourism is UP in Aruba?

Only if you believe what they say KR. Their track record isn't very good in that department.  Wink Wink Wink
LOL...I actually believe nothing coming out of aruba.When did they last post their crime stats with the US?

Karma Is Coming

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #769 on: August 01, 2007, 06:37:33 PM »

Speaking of changes in the forum, I heard something a while back about people and change. If you've ever been to any kind of meeting/conference that lasts more than one day, you might have noticed that the first thing people do is lay claim to a seat and keep coming back to it. Apparently, people have an innate need to exercise a certain amount of control over their surroundings in order to feel comfortable. We all have a "seat" sotaspeak here at SM, and I think we're all going to be nervous for a while, because it seems as if we're getting booted out of the seat we normally sit in.

I Stand With The Girl
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #770 on: August 01, 2007, 06:38:38 PM »

Speaking of changes in the forum, I heard something a while back about people and change. If you've ever been to any kind of meeting/conference that lasts more than one day, you might have noticed that the first thing people do is lay claim to a seat and keep coming back to it. Apparently, people have an innate need to exercise a certain amount of control over their surroundings in order to feel comfortable. We all have a "seat" sotaspeak here at SM, and I think we're all going to be nervous for a while, because it seems as if we're getting booted out of the seat we normally sit in.

don't think of it that way... but that's a great analogy.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #771 on: August 01, 2007, 06:40:21 PM »

Just more Arubadoublespeak. In May they talked about a surge in stayover guests while their occupancy rate plunged to an all time low. Is everybody sleeping on ther beach?

MAY 2007

In March 2007, the number of stay-over visitors and their nights spent on the island surged  by 15.5 percent and 14.9 percent, respectively, compared to the corresponding month a  year earlier. During the first three months of 2007, the number of stay-over visitors and their  nights spent on the island expanded by, respectively, 9.8 percent and 6.8 percent, when compared to the corresponding period a year earlier. The Aruba Tourism Authority has not  yet published the data on tourist arrivals and nights spent on the island for April and May  2007. Data on the average occupancy rate of hotels for May 2007 show a notable decline of 5 percentage points to 69.4 percent compared to May 2006.  

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #772 on: August 01, 2007, 06:40:52 PM »

Dayhiker, I agree, St Johns especially...very few hotels....I believe it was owned by Rockerfellers, and kept as a sanctuary, or some kind of natural habitat,....beaches are supposed to be beautiful..and it is under some kind of U.S. rule all the Virgian Is. are....had a boy in class born in St.Thomas...was told he was considered American, (even tho his mother was Haitian)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #773 on: August 01, 2007, 06:41:34 PM »

Thanks sweety!
Really,I don't think most of us CAN just stay on topic all the time,with every post.Maybe put it all to a vote?But I'm happy the way things are right now.Usually when something important comes up or out about the case,we are all notified in here.
I always kinda thought shango and simian were there to distract but I was really getting into that shango tango last night with Lala's and some others.
Anyway,thank you BT.
Smile

I don't think it's humanly possible to keep everyone happy all the time. A lot of people like to meet on the LCD to talk with each other, while some people simply want it to be a place where someone makes a post and leaves it there for other people's consideration. That's why I think a chat room would help. The people who want to get together and talk would have a place to do that and leave the LCD as a place to drop in occasionally and leave an on-topic post. Of course, it wouldn't be Lively Case Discussion, but it could be called simply the Natalee Holloway thread.
Those are my thoughts too, BT. Forums aren't built to be stream-of-consciousness chat rooms. That's what chat rooms are for - or at least catch-all threads that are designed for that very purpose. LCD is really neither. That's what I've been saying all along.

We are getting a chat room soon - honest. Smile

When we put new carpet in our house, we told the kids to start taking their shoes off at the door. It took some getting used to, and at first they bitched( :shock:Where's the pencil lady lol) about it, but now they take their shoes off at the door.

Well, The Monkey Cage has new carpet. We're (myself included) going to change our habits a little bit just to keep things tidy and nice for new "company" that's going to begin flowing our way. We have dozens of new applicants waiting to get in to the cage that we're reviewing right now, and we want to keep the place nice and organized for the new folks that arrive. That should be easy enough to understand, and if it ruffles some feathers along the way - well, I guess that's just how it is.

I understand and will just go with the flow whatever the flow may be.
Thank you all for what you do for us.
Chef

Karma Is Coming

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #774 on: August 01, 2007, 06:41:38 PM »

Thanks sweety!
Really,I don't think most of us CAN just stay on topic all the time,with every post.Maybe put it all to a vote?But I'm happy the way things are right now.Usually when something important comes up or out about the case,we are all notified in here.
I always kinda thought shango and simian were there to distract but I was really getting into that shango tango last night with Lala's and some others.
Anyway,thank you BT.
Smile

I don't think it's humanly possible to keep everyone happy all the time. A lot of people like to meet on the LCD to talk with each other, while some people simply want it to be a place where someone makes a post and leaves it there for other people's consideration. That's why I think a chat room would help. The people who want to get together and talk would have a place to do that and leave the LCD as a place to drop in occasionally and leave an on-topic post. Of course, it wouldn't be Lively Case Discussion, but it could be called simply the Natalee Holloway thread.
Those are my thoughts too, BT. Forums aren't built to be stream-of-consciousness chat rooms. That's what chat rooms are for - or at least catch-all threads that are designed for that very purpose. LCD is really neither. That's what I've been saying all along.

We are getting a chat room soon - honest. Smile

When we put new carpet in our house, we told the kids to start taking their shoes off at the door. It took some getting used to, and at first they bitched about it, but now they take their shoes off at the door.

Well, The Monkey Cage has new carpet. We're (myself included) going to change our habits a little bit just to keep things tidy and nice for new "company" that's going to begin flowing our way. We have dozens of new applicants waiting to get in to the cage that we're reviewing right now, and we want to keep the place nice and organized for the new folks that arrive. That should be easy enough to understand, and if it ruffles some feathers along the way - well, I guess that's just how it is.

SM is a little different than most other boards, because most of the active members joined due to Natalee and became accustomed to the LCD.  I think we are all still extremely interested in any news about the case, but our interest vary when it comes to the various theories that have been visited and re-visited over the past two years.

If the membership grows, then other areas may become more active and support an on going conversation.  That’s not the case right now.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #775 on: August 01, 2007, 06:42:31 PM »

An American, Jaime Cocayne, was found murdered on St. Johns, Virgin Islands, in June,  his parents are angry that they are not solving  the crime and are going down there themselves, they hired their own investigators.
Yikes....I found this about his murder:

http://www.phillyfuture.org/node/5486

Wow,there were a few posts at tripadvisor but when I went there they said they were deleted. Shocked
http://cbs3.com/local/local_story_212224053.html

Gosh, a lot of what's in that article sure sounds familiar, doesn't it?
It sure does. Sad

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #776 on: August 01, 2007, 06:43:42 PM »

An American, Jaime Cocayne, was found murdered on St. Johns, Virgin Islands, in June,  his parents are angry that they are not solving  the crime and are going down there themselves, they hired their own investigators.
Yikes....I found this about his murder:

http://www.phillyfuture.org/node/5486

Wow,there were a few posts at tripadvisor but when I went there they said they were deleted. Shocked
http://cbs3.com/local/local_story_212224053.html

Fox had a segment on this case on John Gibson's slot this afternoon and tied it to Natalee's case. This victim's parents smell a rat saying the St. John's authorities are giving them the runaround. Same things we have witnessed, FBI only allowed in when asked, etc.
Thanks DH for the info.

Karma Is Coming

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #777 on: August 01, 2007, 06:44:03 PM »

What is LCD? Confused
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #778 on: August 01, 2007, 06:45:04 PM »

What is LCD? Confused

Lively case discussion.

Is klaas here?

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #779 on: August 01, 2007, 06:46:02 PM »

What is LCD? Confused

Lively Case Discussion

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.