April 23, 2024, 12:21:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CONCERTS  (Read 18336 times)
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 07:22:43 AM »

Ok Mum -- how was the Genesis concert???

Sorry Sharon.....life got in the way!
The concert was absolutely the best!  Two and a half hours of vintage Genesis.  They did all my favorite songs, except the one they never do..That's All.  Phil said they would keep us entertained and they did. With the set and visuals it was quite a performance.  Mostly people in our age group, only saw a few around DD's age.  Joined their fan club so that I could buy tickets before they went on sale to the public and will get the Dvd of the concert in 2008.  DD's friend said it was the best concert he'd ever been to.  I've been to some great ones and would put it up there.  Had printed off the setlist so we listened to those songs on the way down.
  We arrived in Columbus at half time of the Ohio State game and proceeded to DD's friend's apt on campus.  Man what a zoo!!!!  It was the first home game since the students returned to school and was it crazy.  Even DH said so and he used to go down there all the time when his sister went there years ago.  But it did put us in a great frame of mind for the concert.  Afterwards we took a crazy cab ride back to the apt for coffee and that place was rocking even more.  DD said that's why she decided against going there.  Did that make this old Mum happy!!!  Stopped at Dennys on the way home for breakfast and rolled into bed at 3.30.  That's what time I normally get up!
  FYI... rumoured Eagles and Mellencamp tours...so far can only find Eagles in LA and Mellencamp's closest venue is Toledo Nov 2nd.  We are supposed to go to DD's college football game that night so will have to talk to her!  Not sure but maybe more dates will be added or it may just be a midwest tour.  Have both Columbus venues and Ticketmaster alerts so I guess I'll find out.  LOL... got a reminder last week that our event was coming up, like how could you forget.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »

Forgot to mention that we had seen Phil Collins on his last solo tour and he has aged.  They all have!  Didn't slow them  down any though!  Maybe I need to take a look in the mirror Laughing  Found it a little hard at times to understand him also, seems he had his best British accent or my hearing is going!
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 11:19:25 AM »

Forgot to mention that we had seen Phil Collins on his last solo tour and he has aged.  They all have!  Didn't slow them  down any though!  Maybe I need to take a look in the mirror Laughing  Found it a little hard at times to understand him also, seems he had his best British accent or my hearing is going!

lol

We thought the lead singer for The Turtles had morphed into Jerry Garcia (rip) Laughing Laughing

The guy from the Zombies was 62 -- but didn't look like he had aged at all. And the voice was still awesome and gave me chills.

Saw The Who a few months back. Daltry is still yummy -- but not as yummy as he once was  Laughing

It's THEM Mum. Not us  Cool

(Springsteen is a week and half away.  Yippppeeeeeee!)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 12:56:39 PM »

:lol:Sharon .. DH saw the Who out in San Diego eons ago before we got married.  Still talks about it.  Asked him about Springsteen last time he came around and he didn't want to go :sad:so didn't say anything this time when you posted the tour schedule. I've never seen him! Sad Have fun, we can do a countdown Laughing  Wish I had taken some pics on my cell phone.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 03:33:47 PM »

Okay Mum, our turn  Very Happy

The BOSS. This weekend. Philadelphia.  Cool

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 08:22:27 AM »

Okay Mum, our turn  Very Happy

The BOSS. This weekend. Philadelphia.  Cool

LOL Sharon...about the time you posted this I was just trying to work out when your concert was!  You posted a week and a half away and I wasn't at the computer and tried to remember when that was posted! Too weird!! Have fun and I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 08:05:53 AM »

OK..Sharon...waiting patiently Wink
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 09:02:09 AM »

OK..Sharon...waiting patiently Wink

Sorry Mum. Came home with bronchitis -- this is the first time I am awake  Laughing

BEST concert ever.

A bit different from his others. No 'waiting' between songs. Went from one song RIGHT into the next.

Did about half of "Magic" (the new one) -- interspersed with some oldies. All very 'upbeat'.

And, as always, he made his plea to support the local food bank which was present on site -- to help us help eachother.

Now I have to check his tour schedule to see what other venue we can travel to  Very Happy

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce  Cool

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 10:01:36 AM »

Sharon,

My younger son was at Bruce concert last night at the Meadowlands...a friend called him yesterday and had an extra ticket.  Didn't get to ask him, yet, how it was...but I'm sure it was good.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 10:05:16 AM »

Best concert?

http://www.trans-siberian.com/intro.html

Bought our tickets online last night for Nov 2

This is my 5th TSO concert

Very Happy

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2007, 10:11:32 AM »

Best concert?

http://www.trans-siberian.com/intro.html

Bought our tickets online last night for Nov 2

This is my 5th TSO concert

Very Happy

I've never been ,Sleddogs, but DD's sister has and raves about it.

Sorry you came home sick.Can you believe DH had to watch 60 minutes the other night as Bruce was on Shocked Maybe I should have mentioned the tour to him Sad

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2007, 10:34:34 AM »

Sharon,

My younger son was at Bruce concert last night at the Meadowlands...a friend called him yesterday and had an extra ticket.  Didn't get to ask him, yet, how it was...but I'm sure it was good.

Laughing

My nephew  Wink called the other night -- his wife and her sister would have gone to Philly with us if they had known. They want to know if we're coming up for any more of the 'local' shows so we could go together.

Unfortunately -- doesn't look like we'll be able to make the Garden due to DH's work schedule.

Boston in November is a possibility. Haven't begun to look for tickets, though. I sure hope he adds more US dates after the European tour is over. Maybe a few in South Florida........

Interested in hearing the 'younger generation's' perspective on the concert  Laughing So please share when you find out.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2007, 03:38:55 PM »

Sharon,

Laughing

My nephew  Wink called the other night -- his wife and her sister would have gone to Philly with us if they had known. They want to know if we're coming up for any more of the 'local' shows so we could go together.

Unfortunately -- doesn't look like we'll be able to make the Garden due to DH's work schedule.

Boston in November is a possibility. Haven't begun to look for tickets, though. I sure hope he adds more US dates after the European tour is over. Maybe a few in South Florida........

Interested in hearing the 'younger generation's' perspective on the concert  Laughing So please share when you find out.

We had a brief conversation about it last night before he took a nap...got home at midnight & then had to be up a 4AM for work yesterday, so he was pooped.  He said it was great....said Bruce is always great, but he imagined the Philly show was better.  I didn't get to ask him why he said so.....afraid I don't have any detailed comments for you.   I, too, had checked the schedule and noticed not too many US shows before Europe...maybe nephew, wife & her sister will arrange the tickets if more are added later.... Laughing Wink

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 11:59:54 AM »

Sharon...hope you check in and see this.........

Tomorrow....Erie Pa....John Cougar Mellencamp....somehow we got front row seats. We only decided yesterday to go! And am praying it does not snow or it will take us all night to drive home!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 08:39:06 PM »

Tomorrow....Erie Pa....John Cougar Mellencamp....somehow we got front row seats. We only decided yesterday to go! And am praying it does not snow or it will take us all night to drive home!

Think of me if he does "Pink Houses"  I do like that one a lot.  Sounds very wonderful.  Hope you have a safe drive and enjoy the show!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 07:38:12 AM »

Think of me if he does "Pink Houses"  I do like that one a lot.  Sounds very wonderful.  Hope you have a safe drive and enjoy the show!

Hi Muffy...I've wanted to come back and let you know about the concert, but am so far behind....It was absolutely fantastic...can you say reach out and touch someone? Don't know how we ended up with those tickets as we were undecided because of DH's health problems. We were right in front of him, absolutely awesome. Best seats in the house and DH got the only pick he threw out. Made his night! One of the best concerts I've been to. I'm still jazzed!!!!

DH told me about this as he had read it in the local newspapers. Haven't learnt how to bring over a link yet, works sometimes?, but if you go to Mellencamp.com and click on news, and scroll down to 'A message to Mellencamp Fans' and click on more. It's a really neat story.

Rumor has it The Eagles are going to tour...I keep checking their website!!!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »

Hi Muffy...I've wanted to come back and let you know about the concert, but am so far behind....It was absolutely fantastic...can you say reach out and touch someone? Don't know how we ended up with those tickets as we were undecided because of DH's health problems. We were right in front of him, absolutely awesome. Best seats in the house and DH got the only pick he threw out. Made his night! One of the best concerts I've been to. I'm still jazzed!!!!

DH told me about this as he had read it in the local newspapers. Haven't learnt how to bring over a link yet, works sometimes?, but if you go to Mellencamp.com and click on news, and scroll down to 'A message to Mellencamp Fans' and click on more. It's a really neat story.

Rumor has it The Eagles are going to tour...I keep checking their website!!!!

Wow!  Your DH was very lucky to have caught a pick.  I've never seen John Cougar Mellencamp in concert, but would like to.  I've seen the Eagles in concert.   If you haven't had a chance to see them before, you should see them if you can.    I particularly liked Timothy B. Schmit's performance of "I Can't Tell You Why", and of course Joe Walsh.  Heck, the whole darned band is good, individually  as singers/songwriters/musicians or together as a band imo. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2007, 08:53:49 AM »

Mum I'm just getting the chance to check in here now -- I barely have time to keep up with the front page and natalee thread in the forum these days. But my monkey friends are on my mind most of the time.

Front row! To Johnny Cougar {salivating icon here}  Cool

How was it???? I've seen him on TV in recent months -- and he's aged a bit. But so have I Laughing I've still not seen him live.

We just got tickets to Springsteen (again) this time in Ft Lauderdale mid April. So we're really looking forward to it.  But we're nowhere near the floor.

This is also the time of year that we're inundated with concerts in the tri county area -- all music types included -- because  it's cool enough to hold them outdoors as well as indoors. DH doesn't really like them becuase he does not like concerts with bad acoustics  Laughing I haven't had time to check lately anyway.

Muffybee we saw the Eagles on their first reunion tour a few years ago ( I think it was called 'Hell has frozen Over' tour -- based on Henley's comment many years back during the 'split' that 'they would get together again when hell freezes over  Laughing)

It was one of the BEST concerts I've been to -- and I've been to a lot. You should grab the tickets if you get the chance. The new CD they are promoting is pretty good. The only one we've seen solo is Don Henley.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2007, 10:44:27 PM »

I have very interesting information regarding the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" CD. It was released as a live recording ... but it wasn't a live recording at all.

My daughter was a dental assistant and injured her wrist - carpal tunnel. She fought a three year battle with the unemployment department. They said she was ok and she insisted she was not. On one of her many appeals, she found a doctor who indeed heard/listened to her wrist making "clicking" sounds and believed in her case. He authorized her to have retraining in another field of work. She went to school for sound engineering and video production.

She got a job for the Village Recorder, as a third engineer. The building is an old huge two story recording studio where every famous person has recorded their music. At least 50 gold records hang on their walls. It is rumored to be haunted as some recording artists have died via OD in the studio. She took me there and showed me around. I was amazed. Robbie Robertson has an office upstairs.

One day she told me the Eagles were recording their Hell Freezes Over CD in a very small Disney studio in Burbank with a live audience and after that, they came to the Village Recorder with their tapes of the recording. For six weeks, they tweaked the songs. They changed every note and guitar riff they didn't like. Then they took six  months off to rest up and returned to the Village Recorder for another six weeks of altering the tapes.

My daughter smuggled out a copy of the original tape from the Burbank studio and another of the finished product. A second sound engineer helped her smuggle the tapes out and the motive was not to sell the tapes.

I don't know who told what to whom but she was called into the new owner's office. (I'd say Sound Engineering is not yet a woman's field.) He said the second sound engineer told him she had smuggled out a copy of the original. She denied everything. She brought all the tapes over to my house for safe keepimg. Then the owner interviewed them both again and she came out the most credible of the two. The second engineer again denied he was any part of it. Daughter said she was hoping not to have to say this but he asked her out every day and she rejected him.

The company demoted her to receptionist and she was not happy. The appearance of Snoop Dog and other aggressive rappers scared her to death. They fired guns in the studio. She got herself fired (smart girl).

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 02:21:59 PM »

Ok Mum

Here's what we have coming up 

Springsteen later this month here in S Florida. Bil and Sil are coming into town from South Jersey to join us. Only sil HATES Springsteen and did not want to go to concert.

So....

I got sil and I great tickets to Earth Wind and Fire on South Beach for the same night. Sadly -- I fractured a few toes a few weeks ago and one is not healing -- so my dancing is limited -- but I will persevere. 

Which means...

Hubby OWES me another Springsteen venue -- which we will attend end of July up in North Jersey 

Also -- just got great seats to Alicia Keys here in Miami for end of May. I've never seen her 'live' before and am really looking forward to it.

But...still....no....Mellencamp 

Louise Great story (as usual). Thanks for sharing it. Like mama like daughter  It's in the genes 

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.