April 24, 2024, 07:35:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CONCERTS  (Read 18338 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 04:56:49 PM »

Now this is my dream concert, not one I actually attended but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Van Morrison at Red Rocks! That would be so great. Now in checking their concert scheduled I do see REM is there is June, that wouldn't be bad either.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2008, 08:13:01 AM »

Now this is my dream concert, not one I actually attended but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Van Morrison at Red Rocks! That would be so great. Now in checking their concert scheduled I do see REM is there is June, that wouldn't be bad either.

We've never done a concert out in CO. What do you like so much about this ampitheatre and the concerts there??

(I ask because we're ALWAYS willing to wrap a long weekend adventure around a concert)

BTW -- dh told me last night that Jordan Sparks is oening for Alcia Keys...so that's double exciting for me 

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2008, 02:08:18 PM »

We've never done a concert out in CO. What do you like so much about this ampitheatre and the concerts there??

(I ask because we're ALWAYS willing to wrap a long weekend adventure around a concert)

BTW -- dh told me last night that Jordan Sparks is oening for Alcia Keys...so that's double exciting for me 

Sharon it is beautiful there........not the best clip, but a taste. It is in the rocks in the mountains.http://www.redrocksonline.com/pages/visiting/hist_geo.html

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday: Live Red Rocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzRwK79SkCU

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2008, 02:27:55 PM »

kewl bb.

I'll have to keep the venue in mind as we choose concerts. That would be a cool place to go -- and dh and I have never been to Denver together.

Have you seen any there?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2008, 02:44:32 PM »

kewl bb.

I'll have to keep the venue in mind as we choose concerts. That would be a cool place to go -- and dh and I have never been to Denver together.

Have you seen any there?

I have not, but I know many who have been. Sharon keep us posted if you get there would love to hear about it.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2008, 08:25:46 AM »

Saw Alicia Keys last night. First time.

All I can say is WOW -- what a blessed young woman with that voice. And ability to make/write music. And entertain.

Jordin Sparks opened the night. 

And then a dude by the name of Julio? (everyone in the audience -- with the exception of dh and I -- knew this guy and the words to his music  )

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2008, 11:06:55 PM »

OK Mum

I'm here....where are you 

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2008, 05:02:48 PM »

OK Mum

I'm here....where are you 

Still making up my mind…And tickets just went on sale….I think…Where is Tibro when I need her?

November 15th….

http://www.mellencamp.com/?gclid=CPXF5caSrJQCFR4sagode1J2tQ

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2008, 09:07:08 AM »

OK Mum Now I'm confused    Are you still in Ohio -- or back in the land down under??

If you're in Ohio -- that's pretty far to go for a concert  Unless you are planning a visit home?

Keep me posted. Still love him -- but still have never seen him. Good ole Johnny Cougar 

We're still headed up to NJ end of this month for Springsteen.

And I'm keeping an eye on that outdoor venue in Colorado that bbturned me on to 

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 06:34:29 PM »

OK Mum Now I'm confused    Are you still in Ohio -- or back in the land down under??

If you're in Ohio -- that's pretty far to go for a concert  Unless you are planning a visit home?

Keep me posted. Still love him -- but still have never seen him. Good ole Johnny Cougar 

We're still headed up to NJ end of this month for Springsteen.

And I'm keeping an eye on that outdoor venue in Colorado that bbturned me on to 

LOL...Sharon...Still here...Hard decision, but decided against the Land Down Under in November.  Thought about Detroit on Friday, but decided it is Cincy next Wednesday!!!

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 09:23:31 PM »

LOL...Sharon...Still here...Hard decision, but decided against the Land Down Under in November.  Thought about Detroit on Friday, but decided it is Cincy next Wednesday!!!

Have a blast!

Saw him on TV this week -- he sang on the pre-game for the baseball all star this week.

He has a 'mimi' mohawk     

Still hot 

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2008, 09:09:48 PM »

Mum  Saw your post in the NH thread 

Have a kewl time in Cincy and enjoy Johnny 

We see Springsteen in Joisey this weekend    The Meadowlands 

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »

Mum  Saw your post in the NH thread 

Have a kewl time in Cincy and enjoy Johnny 

We see Springsteen in Joisey this weekend    The Meadowlands 

Sharon...just got back a little bit ago...been looking for Rod Stewart tickets ever since...

Great concert. great seats, great night...DH is mentioning November again...

Mostly his new album which we love and a few favorites thrown in, just not enough of it! Darn I wish I had his energy!!!

Have a great time in Joisey  and will be looking out for you after the weekend.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2008, 10:40:10 PM »

Joisey...  

Glad you had a good time, Mum.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2008, 07:31:31 AM »

Joisey...  

On the way to the airport in a few.

In your neck of the woods only for about 12 hours -- tonight until tomorrow morning -- dinner with my nephews and their wives. 

Then we leave for South Joisey for a few days.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2008, 12:28:58 AM »

Joisey...  

On the way to the airport in a few.

In your neck of the woods only for about 12 hours -- tonight until tomorrow morning -- dinner with my nephews and their wives. 

Then we leave for South Joisey for a few days.

Younger son's friend was given 2 tickets to Monday night's show at half price....lower level seats...will ask him tomorrow after work how it was....not a bad deal and he hadn't planned on going.

Joisey over and out.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »

Younger son's friend was given 2 tickets to Monday night's show at half price....lower level seats...will ask him tomorrow after work how it was....not a bad deal and he hadn't planned on going.

Joisey over and out.

I hope he enjoyed it!

Sunday night was awesome -- although we spent most of the day in hiding from severe weather at the shore. Hail. Lightning. But fortunately everything blew thru in time for us to leave for the concert (late) and got to our seats as the first number was starting. We had seats in the lower bowl. Rained on us for a few minutes at the end -- which actually felt good 

Had never been to Giants stadium before. That was not fun.

But you could tell that Bruce was glad to be home (he had been in Europe for 2 months and this was his first show at home) and ESPECIALLY in NEW JERSEY 

We decided to go to Jacksonville in 2 weeks to catch him again  It's our anniversary so we figured we'd do something a bit special -- and a lot 'crazy'. (at least a 6 hour drive).

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce 

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2008, 06:05:20 PM »

Joisey over and out.

I hope he enjoyed it!

Sunday night was awesome -- although we spent most of the day in hiding from severe weather at the shore. Hail. Lightning. But fortunately everything blew thru in time for us to leave for the concert (late) and got to our seats as the first number was starting. We had seats in the lower bowl. Rained on us for a few minutes at the end -- which actually felt good 

Had never been to Giants stadium before. That was not fun.

But you could tell that Bruce was glad to be home (he had been in Europe for 2 months and this was his first show at home) and ESPECIALLY in NEW JERSEY 

We decided to go to Jacksonville in 2 weeks to catch him again  It's our anniversary so we figured we'd do something a bit special -- and a lot 'crazy'. (at least a 6 hour drive).

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce 

Sharon…Glad to hear you had a great time…Know how much you love Bruuuuuuuuuuce

Is this going to be 3 times this year?

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2008, 06:31:34 PM »

Yes. What's your point?

4th time for this tour -- we went to AC in October 07 

He has so much fun and he is so entertaining and he has so much energy -- it's contagious  But I KNOW you understand that  You have good taste, too 

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2008, 05:22:28 PM »

Yes. What's your point?

4th time for this tour -- we went to AC in October 07 

He has so much fun and he is so entertaining and he has so much energy -- it's contagious  But I KNOW you understand that  You have good taste, too 

Just heard on the news that there was a tanker (or 2) overturned on the turnpike and nothing is moving north.....they mentioned the Bruce fans on their way to the Meadowlands....oh, boy, can you imagine?  There will be a lot of them trying to go the long way around to get there for the concert tonight. 

Glad you enjoyed it....I missed this update, somehow.    Son had a good time....he's a Pearl Jam fan but nevr turns down an opportunity to see anything that comes his way. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.