April 26, 2024, 11:05:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #671 8/1 - 8/2/2007  (Read 222326 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 08:58:50 PM »

Nancy Grace is already looking at potential liability for the bridge collapse.  One person said no structural work was being done and it was primarily a re-surfacing job.  It will be interesting to see what the forensic engineers learn about this bridge.

NG is always inappropriate. 

Unless you need some IPECAC     JMO of course

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 08:58:55 PM »

don't know about lucky, but I do feel very blessed.   All my kids live within a half hours drive.  I have a party on Saturday to go to.  Always some get together with the kids.  This  is good because I have no other relatives alive except for my kids and grandchildren.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 08:59:25 PM »

Freddy Maduro, Aruba Prison Warden
'Countdown with Keith Olbermann'
August 25, 2005

Our correspondent in Aruba and at the center of this case is Michelle Kosinski. 

Good evening, Michelle.

MICHELLE KOSINSKI, NBC CORRESPONDENT:  Hi, Amy.  That’s right.  NBC is not showing that brief talk we had with Joran Van Der Sloot behind bars, because his attorneys took us to court here on the island, and a judge ruled that we should not air that video, based on Joran Van Der Sloot’s privacy rights.  And the judge did say in the first few words of his ruling that he did not question our integrity.  And NBC believes that we do have a right to air that interview, but we are abiding with the judge’s decision. 

We should also point out that, in court, Joran Van Der Sloot admitted that he saw our camera, that he never tried to stop us from talking to him, even though he said he knew that we were reporters.  He chose to answer our questions.  Now, despite the judge’s ruling, we can show you this, a rare inside look at the jail where he’s been now for three months.  (BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

KOSINSKI (voice-over):  The Aruba director of prisons invited NBC News to tour the jail where suspect Joran Van Der Sloot has been locked up for nearly three months.  The director allowed us to videotape as he showed us around in plain sight. 

This is where he exercises two hours a day.  This is his cell block.  The director offered to take us to the juvenile ward.  And we found ourselves face to face with Joran Van Der Sloot.  Again, we’re not showing you those pictures.  We found him sitting quietly, reading a book with his feet up in the small and smelly cell he shares with two other inmates.  He told us politely he was doing fine and could not talk about his case.  The prison director, Fred Maduro, used to work with Van Der Sloot’s father and knew Joran as a boy. 

(on camera):  Is it strange to see him in this environment?

FREDDY MADURO, ARUBA PRISON WARDEN:  Yes, strange in a way, in another way, not, because of his temperament.  When he doesn’t get his way, he gets very angry.  I know that before, that already he was a very angry person.  KOSINSKI:  And did you see some of his temper here in prison?  MADURO:  In beginning, yes, with the policemen.  But then, afterwards, the policemen really rough him up. 

KOSINSKI (voice-over):  And he says Van Der Sloot got into a fight with another inmate. 

MADURO:  and he kicked a guy, and then he kept kicking in the same place.  So, Joran’s pretty big.  So, but the guy is small, but smaller than he is.  But the guy (INAUDIBLE) hit him in the eye.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE:  Joran, were you beat up in prison?

MADURO:  Because general big, but this other streetfighter-the other guy is a streetfighter.  It makes a difference. 

KOSINSKI:  Van Der Sloot must get up at 6:00 a.m., but spends most of his day outside his cell, watching TV, playing games, exercising.  He can stay up until midnight, 1:00 on weekends.  He has a TV in his cell.  The warden says his parents have asked for more visiting time.

MADURO:  No, not getting no extra visiting time. 

KOSINSKI (on camera):  How has he been now, since he’s been here for a couple weeks? 

MADURO:  Now he’s normal.  He’s been normal now.  He has no problems with no one.  He has incorporated himself into the system.  (END VIDEOTAPE)

KOSINSKI:  Again, we did have permission to be there and to videotape. 

And a judge acknowledged that we did have the authority to be there. 

But, tonight, the prison director has been suspended from his job.  And he is standing up for his actions.  This is a man who has told us that he loves his job, and he believes that people should see things as they are and what the conditions are in the jail.  There’s also been some misconceptions out there, that we were just going to take this video and then throw it out on the airwaves.  Well, that’s not the case.  We always have that discussion with our legal team, amongst ourselves, and we didn’t even have time to have a start to that discussion before Van Der Sloot’s attorneys were calling us and calling us into court-Amy.

ROBACH:  Now, Michelle, we can’t see the video, but can you tell us a little more about your interaction, your conversation with Joran Van Der Sloot? 

KOSINSKI:  It was brief. 

We approached his jail cell, and he was sitting there in a chair with his feet propped up.  He was reading from a paperback book, and he looked up at us several times.  And when we got close to him, he looked at us and he talked to us.  He was very polite, very cordial.  In fact, all of our questions, he answered.  But they were very brief.

We basically asked him, how are you doing in there?  Are you OK there?  Are things all right for you here?  He said yes, yes, I’m fine.  Our producer also talked to him about a letter that he had written to his mother, some other things, connections that they had had.  And he was very polite the entire time.  He never tried to hide or anything like that.

ROBACH:  Michelle Kosinski, reporting live for us from Aruba-thanks, Michelle. 

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 08:59:32 PM »

Is this the week that Tiger is off camping or something?

I miss getting to translate Tiger into English.

I Stand With The Girl
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 09:00:14 PM »

Brought this over:

Re: Lively Case Discussion #670 7/31 - 8/01/2007
« Reply #946 on: Today at 08:23:27 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: KarmaRoundUp on Today at 08:12:40 PM

Sorry for all the questions but who is Mark Purcell?Does he live on aruba?I ran into a article from aruba and that name was on it.

MIP6 (MARK PURCELL) and REALITY - are they part of the disinformation team?

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1896.0

I forgot who posted it but:
I read that thread before and don't know why his name was not familar to me.Anyway,what does he do on aruba or should I put this in the thread above?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 09:01:04 PM »

KLAAS - please go take a look at how short it is cutting it off.  I was going to do it in 3 or 4 sections but ........Please advise.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 09:01:17 PM »

Yes - he is gone this week I beleive.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 09:02:04 PM »

easier than scandi nor

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 09:02:58 PM »

Hello Monkeys.
Welcome to all the new monkeys when they find their way in here.  Laughing
I see the new monkeys now get a sock monkey?  I wonder if  LilPuma needs help making up all the welcome fruit baskets.

My pages are loading super fast today - they sped up late yesterday as I posted.

That bridge collapse is horrific.  Prayers for all affected, and the rescue service persons.
Brings back bad memories of when our Hobart bridge collapsed but that was hit by a tanker than was off course because the captain was sozzled.

Now to be ON TOPIC - how accurate is the timeline by Write Now in the 2005 Archives?
On 15 June they list 2 vehicles taken from the Sloots  as being Blue SUV and Red Jeep.  It may not be correct but that could be where the blue vehicle came from that masny remember.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 09:04:32 PM »

MsMarple & I got to meet Tiger last weekend! He's a very nice kitty/monkey.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 09:06:06 PM »

I do wish I could have joined you, but I was up at 35,000 feet about that time.  Sad

I Stand With The Girl
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 09:06:46 PM »

Present.. 

Robots...  you are slacking  ..   Laughing  Please dont make me have to smoke the cigars I have thought of you and Wrecks now for how long?    Shocked Shocked   I will puke bigtime..  Cool

hi angie
the DUTCH will get em...

they could have closed it WEEKS AGO...they have not

BUILDING THE CASE......simple as huckleberry pie Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 09:08:39 PM »

You did??  How cool!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2007, 09:09:52 PM »

easier than scandi nor

Speaking of Scandi-Nor I can't wait until we get those archives back, LOL.  The night Scandi-Nor was posting was a hoot!  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2007, 09:10:35 PM »

DANA PRETZER IS ON NOW!

www.scaredmonkeys.com/radio
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2007, 09:10:36 PM »

Nancy Grace is already looking at potential liability for the bridge collapse.  One person said no structural work was being done and it was primarily a re-surfacing job.  It will be interesting to see what the forensic engineers learn about this bridge.

NG is always inappropriate. 

Until the Aruban people collectively protested CNN for bias coverage in regards to the Natalee Holloway case ... Nancy Grace always gave a supportive platform for the family of Natalee, Jossy Mansur and others.  If it had not been for Nancy Grace and the transcripts of the  interviews ... much of the truth regarding the corrupt investigation that has been denying justice to an 18 year old American citizen who went missing on Aruban soil under suspicious circumstances would never have been revealed.

Janet

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2007, 09:11:20 PM »

Hello Monkeys.
Welcome to all the new monkeys when they find their way in here.  Laughing
I see the new monkeys now get a sock monkey?  I wonder if  LilPuma needs help making up all the welcome fruit baskets.

My pages are loading super fast today - they sped up late yesterday as I posted.

That bridge collapse is horrific.  Prayers for all affected, and the rescue service persons.
Brings back bad memories of when our Hobart bridge collapsed but that was hit by a tanker than was off course because the captain was sozzled.

Now to be ON TOPIC - how accurate is the timeline by Write Now in the 2005 Archives?
On 15 June they list 2 vehicles taken from the Sloots  as being Blue SUV and Red Jeep.  It may not be correct but that could be where the blue vehicle came from that masny remember.

I saw that too.  Blue SUV could be a blue van when translated.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2007, 09:11:43 PM »

Ok...

AuntieM   did not make the cage change...
Mrs. Red did not answer abourt prior AVI....

Do not know AuntieM but  I'm going for it...
 "I want to be beautiful and sexy like Mrs. Red  or cute and sweet, like, dang can't remember her name.."

Besides NO ONE has to use it...
And it will have to be resized  (I think)

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2007, 09:12:41 PM »

easier than scandi nor

ROFL  Mr Owl   Laughing Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2007, 09:14:22 PM »

Posted by Lazlo at RU:

Decision about prosecution expected in fall.

Results of the investigation and searches are in hands of and now examined by KPA.
Since KPA is om summer recess this examining cannot take place in full force, besides that the material that needs to be studied is so much that to go over everything in combination with results of searches any decision not to be expected earlier then fall.
(if any since it is possible that it will be concluded more investigation needed and performed).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.