June 01, 2024, 10:55:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #671 8/1 - 8/2/2007  (Read 225247 times)
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #720 on: August 02, 2007, 08:30:15 PM »

Hey..
I can see visitors and newbie's   coming to the LCD when news is slow and saying

As I started sniffing around the Monkey Cage, that was exactly my reaction, OF. I had to inquire of Red and Mrs. what this "Thread #600" thing was that always had exactly 50 pages. It took me a few days to wrap my mind around what was going on.

It was brought to my attention yesterday that in a couple of posts I came across as what my wife tactfully refers to as a "big fat a**hole". For that, I wish to apologize to all the monkeys in the cage. I've come alongside Red to help raise the profile, professionalism, and impact of the Scared Monkeys network of sites, and I'm very passionate about the things I get involved with. Sometimes my passion is misinterpreted, and yesterday I became wildly passionate about the dilution of topical discussion across multiple threads. I thought my analogy about the kids and the carpet was funny, but many here found it belittling (perhaps because you guys don't yet have the benefit of knowing my wry sense of humor). So, if I was misread yesterday and inadvertently hurt some of you, I truly do apologize. It was never my intention to imply that you all were a bunch of children and I was the dad. I was only trying to state my case in an analogy - which I often do.

As I mentioned a moment ago, when I came into the Monkey Cage, the whole stream-of-consciousness LCD thread was a huge turn-off. I've run many huge forums over the years thru what you'd call my day-job, so I understand what building community is all about. So when I became critical of the way that the LCD thread was being used (to the neglect of the rest of the system), my first reaction was to "chop the beast off at the head." It took a few weeks hanging around here, and Red and Mrs. Red's purchase of my lovely new straightjacket, to realize what was taking place here and why things were moving along the way that they do. Because let's face it - in all of the commercial forums I've ever been a part of, in the hundreds of thousands of dollars they've generated, NONE of them have the unique set of circumstances surrounding them like the Natalee story does. Let's just say, I've have been, and continue to be educated.

Red, Mrs. Red and Klaasend know and understand what's happening here. And I am working toward that. Rest assured, Red isn't going to allow the chemistry of the forum to be disturbed in any adverse way. Your fearless leader indeed has it all under his control. So, as we bounce around ideas amongst ourselves, please consider that any change that might be suggested or implemented from the site's owners is being done with high regard to the special circle of friends that gather here.

So if I ticked anyone off yesterday, or if you felt silenced by my comments, again, I offer my deepest apologies. You guys are the lifeblood of the board, and as we grow you'll remain the roots. And please, if you catch me at it again, don't be afraid to call me out and b*tchslap me like my wife has to do from time to time. In the words of the lovely Mrs. Dugga, "You are SUCH a man!" (and she doesn't mean that in a good way).

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: August 02, 2007, 08:31:31 PM »

ANgie - i'm taking you to vegas babe.  We gonna make some money !!!
GrannyToad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #722 on: August 02, 2007, 08:31:43 PM »

Why isn't it Friday?  It feels like it should be frriday.  Why oh why isn't it?   Mad

It's a generic Friday.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: August 02, 2007, 08:39:32 PM »

Hey..
I can see visitors and newbie's   coming to the LCD when news is slow and saying

As I started sniffing around the Monkey Cage, that was exactly my reaction, OF. I had to inquire of Red and Mrs. what this "Thread #600" thing was that always had exactly 50 pages. It took me a few days to wrap my mind around what was going on.

It was brought to my attention yesterday that in a couple of posts I came across as what my wife tactfully refers to as a "big fat a**hole". For that, I wish to apologize to all the monkeys in the cage. I've come alongside Red to help raise the profile, professionalism, and impact of the Scared Monkeys network of sites, and I'm very passionate about the things I get involved with. Sometimes my passion is misinterpreted, and yesterday I became wildly passionate about the dilution of topical discussion across multiple threads. I thought my analogy about the kids and the carpet was funny, but many here found it belittling (perhaps because you guys don't yet have the benefit of knowing my wry sense of humor). So, if I was misread yesterday and inadvertently hurt some of you, I truly do apologize. It was never my intention to imply that you all were a bunch of children and I was the dad. I was only trying to state my case in an analogy - which I often do.

As I mentioned a moment ago, when I came into the Monkey Cage, the whole stream-of-consciousness LCD thread was a huge turn-off. I've run many huge forums over the years thru what you'd call my day-job, so I understand what building community is all about. So when I became critical of the way that the LCD thread was being used (to the neglect of the rest of the system), my first reaction was to "chop the beast off at the head." It took a few weeks hanging around here, and Red and Mrs. Red's purchase of my lovely new straightjacket, to realize what was taking place here and why things were moving along the way that they do. Because let's face it - in all of the commercial forums I've ever been a part of, in the hundreds of thousands of dollars they've generated, NONE of them have the unique set of circumstances surrounding them like the Natalee story does. Let's just say, I've have been, and continue to be educated.

Red, Mrs. Red and Klaasend know and understand what's happening here. And I am working toward that. Rest assured, Red isn't going to allow the chemistry of the forum to be disturbed in any adverse way. Your fearless leader indeed has it all under his control. So, as we bounce around ideas amongst ourselves, please consider that any change that might be suggested or implemented from the site's owners is being done with high regard to the special circle of friends that gather here.

So if I ticked anyone off yesterday, or if you felt silenced by my comments, again, I offer my deepest apologies. You guys are the lifeblood of the board, and as we grow you'll remain the roots. And please, if you catch me at it again, don't be afraid to call me out and b*tchslap me like my wife has to do from time to time. In the words of the lovely Mrs. Dugga, "You are SUCH a man!" (and she doesn't mean that in a good way).

I wasnt here yesterday and dont have a clue what your talking about but, nice speech!   albino

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #724 on: August 02, 2007, 08:41:47 PM »

Hey Dugga,

Thanks for your kind words, and I wanted you to know that you haven't said anything yet that's ticked me off.

Of course, I'm short (and live my life through sock monkeys), so I've had to learn to block out negative comments.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: August 02, 2007, 08:44:22 PM »

Dugga

I, for one, was not offended by what you said.  This forum is a "little different" than the usual forums.  My guess would be that other new people (tec or not) might have the same reaction. Who knows, you may end up getting "chatty".  I never thought I would.   Laughing Laughing
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: August 02, 2007, 08:44:22 PM »

New computer for Dugga.....

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: August 02, 2007, 08:44:41 PM »

Dugga....take a look at the BFN Forum and see the items at the left hand side....the threads that have been used in the recent past are there...everything from Natalee, to a Word Game,
to the Minneapolis Bridge Collapse....Each Poster can choose where to be and move about the board easily.  I believe there are 10 choices.  This occurs on each page and there much less
off topic.  I go over there to read and to play the word game, so this new set-up feels familiar.
What would you think about something like that?  Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #728 on: August 02, 2007, 08:46:08 PM »

You know Easy, I have been mulling over your suggestion about the threads today... and something Granny Toad said really stuck out at me...

I know y'all are tired of this discussion but I really want to get this right...

so what if we change our "main" thread to news of the day... we can talk about Natalee, the bridge, our kids, whatever we want to... and welcome all the new people, etc. 

and then move the serious discussions surrounding Natalee to a thread by it's self...

Granny today mentioned (and she is new to here and everyone values her input from what I see, she has done amazing amounts of research) that she "didn't get the LCD thread... and I see why...

it says lively case discussion but we all talk here... which I love, btw.  I want us to keep talking... but if we have a Natalee only area then those that want to discuss that can post and still talk in here... like the important facts or research we find can be copied to that thread and people can read and post there as they want to... while still maintaining our sense of community.

I also will let y'all know that in the very near future a family member would like to visit and ask questions... (not Beth or Dave) and we need to be sure that we have a space for that...

thoughts??? suggestions???

Not a bad idea...PLUS>MAKE the NATALEE ONLY thread a 'STICKY' and keep it above the lively case discussion so it is easy to find. Then when we post in that thread we can slip on down to the LIVELY at hand and post it in there as well and so on and so forthhh..??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #729 on: August 02, 2007, 08:46:16 PM »

are you trying to tell us that when you hit refresh - you can see the future???  Shocked

Can you hit refresh and get me the big game lotto numbers for tomorrow????

Nope not future.. past.  LOL
 I wish I could get the lotto numbers.  We would  all be rich..  Laughing Laughing Funny how some customers  THINK we know whats gonna hit at work.. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. MI like if I had the magic numbers., do yah REALLY think I would be here?  lol
 But I do play here and there.. and have a ticket in my purse for a whole week from 2 weeks ago. Not checked.. lol
  Maybe I will be luck and win a dollar or 2.. seems thats all I ever can hit on..  Laughing
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: August 02, 2007, 08:49:18 PM »

are you trying to tell us that when you hit refresh - you can see the future???  Shocked

I wish I could get the lotto numbers.  We would  all be rich..  Laughing Laughing Funny how some customers  THINK we know whats gonna hit at work.. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. MI like if I had the magic numbers., do yah REALLY think I would be here?  lol
 But I do play here and there.. and have a ticket in my purse for a whole week from 2 weeks ago. Not checked.. lol
  Maybe I will be luck and win a dollar or 2.. seems thats all I ever can hit on..  Laughing

I know a guy who hit for around $170 million, walked away with over $70 mill when it was all said and done.  He was a really nice guy but the money tunred his old lady psycho.  They were divorced about 2 years later after 17 years of married happily
GrannyToad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #731 on: August 02, 2007, 08:51:06 PM »

Evening monkeys!

I have a tummyache from eating too many bananas off the front page.  Those spiders are good too!

Hey! You kids, don't put your lips on those 8-leggers. ewwwwwwww

(You do know what 8 is, don't you?)
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #732 on: August 02, 2007, 08:51:22 PM »

DUGGA... we all understand I am sure. We appreciate what you have been doing.

This LCD thread series basically has a life of its own now, and we really like that.

I am fixin' to watch the Shark Week stuff for a little while tonight but wanted to let y'all know I'm in attendance and will be checking in periodically this evening.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #733 on: August 02, 2007, 08:51:34 PM »

Ange, it doesn't sound like MS or what that other poster is saying. sounds like some kind of nerve damage......maybe from an accident you were in a long time ago...those things happen.....you're right ...keep  positive...cause I'm positive it aint no big deal.girl!! Cool

Very Happy  I was never  in an accident.. <knock on wood>   I'll be fine.. IMO its nerve related too.. but I'll see soon! 

sorry to butt in but sounds more like guillian barre syndrome which occursafter certain med regiems and or recent viral illnesses.  treatment is with igg therapy.  true lou gherigs disease is determined by genetic testing only and both parents are deemed tone carriers. sl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #734 on: August 02, 2007, 08:51:38 PM »

I know a guy who hit for around $170 million, walked away with over $70 mill when it was all said and done.  He was a really nice guy but the money tunred his old lady psycho.  They were divorced about 2 years later after 17 years of married happily

Would he like to meet me? I'm sure I could fall in love with him.  Laughing Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: August 02, 2007, 08:51:58 PM »

Hey there Dugga Smile  That was quite a bare-all post.  I think we are all trying to get used to the new cage, with new monkeys and all.  I believe it will all work out.  Don't take things too hard-you know forums...But glad to hear you care.  It's been wonderful having some of the old stuff back.  By the way, have I told you "thank you?" 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: August 02, 2007, 08:52:29 PM »

Red, Mrs. Red and Klaasend know and understand what's happening here. And I am working toward that. Rest assured, Red isn't going to allow the chemistry of the forum to be disturbed in any adverse way. Your fearless leader indeed has it all under his control. So, as we bounce around ideas amongst ourselves, please consider that any change that might be suggested or implemented from the site's owners is being done with high regard to the special circle of friends that gather here.[/unquote]

IMO this is a unique Thread and if it's not broken, why fix it. Sorry, IMO

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #737 on: August 02, 2007, 08:54:46 PM »

ANgie - i'm taking you to vegas babe.  We gonna make some money !!!

Laughing Laughing  OK Blah.. I NEED a vacation..  If you dont mind a cripple in a slinky dress hanging from your arm   Cool

DUGGA    You are appreciated here.. and I for one love your sense of humor. ESP in the music dept   Laughing
 You rock.. even if your wife thinks you need bitch slapped..  lol  Most hubbys do from time to time..  Smile
J/K    I think   Cool

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #738 on: August 02, 2007, 08:54:50 PM »

Would he like to meet me? I'm sure I could fall in love with him.  Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #739 on: August 02, 2007, 08:54:54 PM »

I don't see Tom linked anywhere on the contact links, is Tom gone?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.