April 16, 2024, 02:58:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evan Almighty  (Read 2982 times)
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« on: August 02, 2007, 02:50:20 AM »

I can't say enough good things about this film. It's not too often that faith is painted in a positive light in Hollywood. I took my kids to see this and we all loved it. I appreciated the fact that I could take my family to a decent, entertaining film that was well produced with great cast and crew that didn't attack my values as a Christian.

If I were to be critical of one thing, it would be only one small moment where there's some reference made to "God living in all things". I don't go for the whole new-agey way of thinking, but it was totally downplayed and easily overlooked because of all the great Biblical messages that were positively portrayed.

Of course I love Steve Carrell in just about anything. He was great. But to me, the one line in the film that I carried home was Morgan Freeman as God. Evan's in a world of trouble with everyone for going out on a limb to build an ark. So Evan decides to get ticked off at God and gets a little mouthy with him. God tells Evan, "Just remember. Everything I'm doing - I'm doing because I love you."

Obviously it makes no sense at that moment, but that line's truth is revealed clearly in the climax of the movie.

When Hollywood puts out something that's this wholesome that doesn't attack my values, I almost feel obligated to support it. It's a great movie for date night, or for the family. I can't wait to get the DVD when it comes out.

As a bonus, the screenplay was written by one of my favorite screen writers, the insane Steve Oedekerk. He's done several films including Bruce Almighty, but my favorite is the totally insane "Kung Pow, Enter The Fist." Kung pow is one of those movies that gets funnier each time you see it because it's so dumb. You can't help but laugh at its idiocy.

Anyway, Evan Almighty is a keeper if you're looking for a wholesome family popcorn movie. http://www.evanalmighty.com
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 03:17:38 AM by Dugga » Logged
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 10:37:35 PM »

Starts tomorrow Blue Mouse Cool

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:56:58 AM »

http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/rimes_leann/videos.jhtml#

I just saw this video over the weekend.  Now I may have to see the movie as well.  Great video. Lee Ann certainly has the pipes for this tune.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.