March 28, 2024, 11:09:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ELVIS...ELVIS....ELVIS - EVERYTHING ELVIS  (Read 145165 times)
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #420 on: January 08, 2010, 09:25:00 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELVIS !!

On This Day.....A King Was Born !

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: January 08, 2010, 09:38:58 AM »

Special Celebrations Mark Elvis' 75th Birthday

Friday, January 08, 2010

WASHINGTON —  On the 75th anniversary of Elvis Presley's birth, the Smithsonian Institution is showcasing the King of Rock 'n' Roll's ubiquitous image through exhibits opening Friday in Washington and Los Angeles.

"One Life: Echoes of Elvis" will be on view at the National Portrait Gallery in Washington through August. The one-room exhibit is devoted to the evolution and influence of Presley's image after his death.

"Think of all the entertainers you know, and how many of them do you know the names of their homes?" said curator Warren Perry. "Everybody needs to have a moment with Elvis.

<SNIP>
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582555,00.html?test=latestnews

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #422 on: January 08, 2010, 09:49:56 AM »

On 75th birthday, Elvis lives on in hearts of fans

Elvis Presley’s pompadour is not carved into Mount Rushmore. He never dressed up as Uncle Sam to sing “Hound Dog” or “Love Me Tender.” His cherubic likeness does not grace U.S. currency.

Yet there are few iconic images that are as quintessentially American as Elvis: the swiveling hips, the unlikely devotion to both rockabilly and gospel, the carefree movies, the Las Vegas monarchy, the millions of records, “The Ed Sullivan Show,” the military service, the photo with Richard Nixon, the sad and too soon finale. And with his 75th birthday on Jan. 8, memories of Elvis gyrate through the collective consciousness like the American Dream personified.

<SNIP>
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34755148/ns/entertainment-music/

Get On It !!!!!!! 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: January 08, 2010, 09:53:04 AM »

Happy birthday Elvis...!
don't know if I had mentioned this before but my brother is a huge fan of Elvis' ...he has his own Elvis room and impersonates him...goes to retirement homes and sings for the residents there ...his wife makes his costumes for him...they really enjoy it...He is having his annual Elvis birthday party tomorrow night at his house...in his Elvis room...You go brother! Elvis is awesome...!

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #424 on: January 08, 2010, 10:01:22 AM »

Happy birthday Elvis...!
don't know if I had mentioned this before but my brother is a huge fan of Elvis' ...he has his own Elvis room and impersonates him...goes to retirement homes and sings for the residents there ...his wife makes his costumes for him...they really enjoy it...He is having his annual Elvis birthday party tomorrow night at his house...in his Elvis room...You go brother! Elvis is awesome...!

Sounds Awesome cookie !!!!  Am I invited ?

Someday, I'd love to set up an Elvis room but with little kids in the house, I don't dare. Once they've move out ( or I do ) I hope to do that..All my Elvis stuff is locked up out of harms way

Be great to see some pics of your brothers room...if you able/willing

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: January 08, 2010, 10:06:30 AM »

Happy birthday Elvis...!

Sounds Awesome cookie !!!!  Am I invited ?

Someday, I'd love to set up an Elvis room but with little kids in the house, I don't dare. Once they've move out ( or I do ) I hope to do that..All my Elvis stuff is locked up out of harms way

Be great to see some pics of your brothers room...if you able/willing

I am not good at uploading pictures to computer but I will sure try! he lives in another state but he will send me some more...he would love for you to attend Elvis' birthday party...the more the merrier!

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #426 on: January 08, 2010, 10:13:57 AM »

Gotta run for now...Dang work's always getting in the way of MY LIFE !

Peace Baby !...Uh Huh !

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oc-YCcP1HrU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/oc-YCcP1HrU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1</a>

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: January 08, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »

thanks Sea...I know right? that darn work! don't know how I would find time to do that! lol!

talk soon...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: January 08, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »

Deenie...nice to read about your father..he sounded like he was quite a special man!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #429 on: January 08, 2010, 12:00:39 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KING

It's so hard to believe he would have been 75 today.  Cookie how cool your brother has an Elvis room and celebrates Elvis birthday. I guess Sea & I will be there in spirit.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #430 on: January 08, 2010, 11:59:22 PM »

Hi Sea,

While watching TMC tonight they had Elvis Special. It was said that they are going to have a CD set of all 700 songs Elvis sang. I went to Elvis.com but couldn't find any thing. Just thought I would pass it on. They didn't say when but some time this year.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #431 on: January 09, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »

I went back and watched the Elvis special this morning and I swear Priscilla said 700 songs. Husband said that's what he heard to. But the only thing I can find is 75 songs put together for his 75 birthday. That's got to be what they were talking about. Since this was a special for his 75th birthday that makes more sense.

Hope you are staying warm and you and your family are well.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: January 09, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »

GreenEyes..I will be at my brother's party for Elvis in spirit as well since I live in Illinois and he lives in Washington..I am sure it will be a blast!

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: January 10, 2010, 10:52:23 AM »

Happy belated Birthday, Elvis!!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: January 10, 2010, 02:41:26 PM »

Happy Birthday Elvis!!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: January 10, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys !

Sorry, I haven't been able to post for a couple of days...I've been completely swamped with work. Usually on the 8th I'm finishing up my Elvis Movie Marathon but this year I didn't even start until Friday night ....up to Double Trouble...here's a great song from it, only wish it was longer... gotta turn this one up !!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-EyCT_kyyQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/T-EyCT_kyyQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1</a>

Just goes to show...Elvis can sing anything even if he didn't want to

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KuQ07BUwBh8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/KuQ07BUwBh8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6&amp;border=1</a>

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #436 on: January 10, 2010, 03:09:55 PM »

Hi Sea,

While watching TMC tonight they had Elvis Special. It was said that they are going to have a CD set of all 700 songs Elvis sang. I went to Elvis.com but couldn't find any thing. Just thought I would pass it on. They didn't say when but some time this year.

I don't have TV so I miss all the specials although I did hear that a special CD was going to be released...75 songs sounds realistic..but they could do 700 if they wanted too ..someday I'm going to get Sirus again, I miss the Elvis channel

Please let me know if you hear any more about it...

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #437 on: January 10, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »

The best one was they recorded his rehearsals and then the entire show when he played at the MGM Grand in 1970. I have seen bits and pieces of it on other shows and utube.
When I hear more about the special release I will be sure to post it. Hope you are staying warm.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: January 12, 2010, 10:03:08 AM »

Sea....you don't have tv??? I have mine on all the time! I would be lost without it, but hats off to you for not being addicted to tv!

Elvis rules!

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: January 12, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »

The best one was they recorded his rehearsals and then the entire show when he played at the MGM Grand in 1970. I have seen bits and pieces of it on other shows and utube.
When I hear more about the special release I will be sure to post it. Hope you are staying warm.

I love his rehearsal footage...I think the 70 concert is "Elvis, That's the way it is ! " ??? might be others too.....I have a tape (yes a VHS ) called "Elvis, The Lost Performances" which has a lot of rehearsal footage....soooooo cool

What I'd like to get (yes I am missing some Elvis) is the "Aloha form Hawaii Deluxe" which has the "The Alternate Aloha Concert" ie. the rehearsals for that Awsome show...I have the concert itself but I'm told the rehearsal is even better as Elvis was very "stiff" in the concert.. It's on my shopping list
I don't know if they have rehearsal footage of the 68 Comeback Special...I bet that is also incredible.

I'm as warm as I can get this time of year thanks...hope you are staying warm too...no matter where you are.....did I hear that there were Snow Flurries in "Orlaawndoe" 
Maybe Al G. should take a trip down there to discuss the whole Global Warming thing clown..last i heard we are heading in to a mini-Ice Age

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.