March 29, 2024, 02:16:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ELVIS...ELVIS....ELVIS - EVERYTHING ELVIS  (Read 145182 times)
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #440 on: January 12, 2010, 02:50:45 PM »

Sea....you don't have tv??? I have mine on all the time! I would be lost without it, but hats off to you for not being addicted to tv!

Elvis rules!

Nope...no TV...I can't bring myself to pay for so much junk and commercials...the one thin I do miss from STV is The Travel Channel..but other than that I don't regret getting rid of it at all. You're right..it's an addiction and I have enough of those already Monkey Devil! ...so I buy what I like to watch and clean movies for the kids..

Been watching Elvis  (needless to say) yesterday I got thru...

The Trouble With Girls !!   alphabetically ???

Viva Las Vegas !! ...which many like because Ann- Margret's in it (my Florida friend is nuts about her) I dunno...doesn't do anything for me...I prefer Shelley Fabares

Live a Little, Love a Little !
and
Speedway !

One of my favorite clip's from speedway... an angelic monkey

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yo7ho1zEzaY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/yo7ho1zEzaY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1</a>

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #441 on: January 13, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »

The best one was they recorded his rehearsals and then the entire show when he played at the MGM Grand in 1970. I have seen bits and pieces of it on other shows and utube.
When I hear more about the special release I will be sure to post it. Hope you are staying warm.

I love his rehearsal footage...I think the 70 concert is "Elvis, That's the way it is ! " ??? might be others too.....I have a tape (yes a VHS ) called "Elvis, The Lost Performances" which has a lot of rehearsal footage....soooooo cool

What I'd like to get (yes I am missing some Elvis) is the "Aloha form Hawaii Deluxe" which has the "The Alternate Aloha Concert" ie. the rehearsals for that Awsome show...I have the concert itself but I'm told the rehearsal is even better as Elvis was very "stiff" in the concert.. It's on my shopping list
I don't know if they have rehearsal footage of the 68 Comeback Special...I bet that is also incredible.

I'm as warm as I can get this time of year thanks...hope you are staying warm too...no matter where you are.....did I hear that there were Snow Flurries in "Orlaawndoe" 
Maybe Al G. should take a trip down there to discuss the whole Global Warming thing clown..last i heard we are heading in to a mini-Ice Age

I bet it is wonderful. I know we both really enjoyed the special this time. His 68 Comeback special and the Alhoa Concert are both wonderful. But after seeing the rehearsal footage from Vegas and the MGM Grand where you got to see him being him self and just singing was awesome.

We have warmed up from the deep freeze. When Keys get down to 40 you know it's cold. Ya they really had snow flurries in Florida. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: January 14, 2010, 09:02:58 PM »

I love the Florida Keys! 40 degrees! It is always warm there in the winter, usually...We were there last year for New Years Eve..what a blast...(2009 down there.. really warm)

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #443 on: May 06, 2010, 11:15:23 AM »

Who would have thought that Elvis needed Activia?

With all the banana and peanut butter sandwiches E.P. ate this is no surprise what he died from and that is he could not poo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE TRUTH ABOUT ELVIS' DEATH

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/truth_about_elvis_presley_death_constipation_george_nick_nichopoulos/celebrity/68608

ELVIS PRESLEY was believed to have died from a massive heart attack in 1977 but now his doctor is singing a different tune - chronic constipation.

At the time of his death it was reported that The King had died from cardiac arrhythmia, an irregular heartbeat brought on by drug addiction, obesity and a bum ticker. 

But now El's pal and personal physician  Dr. George "Nick" Nichopoulos, who tried to resuscitate him that fateful day, has finally revealed the true cause of death in his new tell-all The King and Dr. Nick.

"After he died we weren't sure (the exact cause of death) so I continued to do some research and I had some doctors call me from different places and different med schools that were doing research on constipation and different problems you can get into with it.  " Dr.Nick writes.

According to the physician, now retired, the autopsy revealed Presley's colon was 5 to 6 inches in diameter (the normal width is usually 2 to 3 inches) and instead of being 4 to 5 feet in length, his colon was 8 to 9 feet in length.

"We didn't' realize until the autopsy that his constipation was as bad - we knew it was bad because it was hard for us to treat, but we didn't realize what it had done.

"We just assumed that the constipation was secondary to the meds that he was taking for his arthritic pain and for his insomnia."

In 1975, the primary treatment was a colostomy, the removal of the colon but according to the book, Presley's "ego" got in the way.

"He was embarrassed.

"He'd have accidents onstage. He'd have to change clothes and come back because of the way we were trying to treat his constipation.

"If they had done the colostomy then, he'd probably still be here," Nichopoulos said.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: May 16, 2010, 02:40:16 PM »

Hi Sea, wherever you are!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #445 on: May 25, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »

You may notice there has been a merge (or 2)...lol. We had 3 Elvis threads and I combined them into 1 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: January 08, 2011, 07:50:51 PM »

http://www.khou.com/entertainment/Fans-celebrate-Elvis-76th-birthday-in-Memphis-113133164.html
Fans celebrate Elvis’ 76th birthday in Memphis
January 8, 2011

Credit: ASSOCIATED PRESS
Elvis Presley is shown at the International Hotel where he made his first public stage appearance in 9 years in Las Vegas, Nev., in this August 1969, file photo. One month after debuting a surreal re-creation of the Beatles' musical career, Cirque du Soleil announced plans Thursday, Aug. 17, 2006, to open an Elvis Presley-themed show on the Las Vegas strip. (AP Photo/file)

MEMPHIS, Tennessee -- Hundreds of Elvis Presley fans, including Chilean miner Edison Pena, gathered Saturday at Graceland to sing "Happy Birthday" on the late rock n’ roll icon’s 76th birthday.

Pena, the guest of honor at Elvis’ birthday party, cut into a 4-foot high cake fashioned to look like stacked television sets as fans cheered both the singer and the miner outside Elvis’ longtime Memphis home.

An avid Elvis fan, Pena has been on a whirlwind tour of Memphis, getting a private tour of Graceland, attending a Memphis Grizzlies NBA game and leading the walking of the ducks at the Peabody Hotel.

Pena and 32 other miners spent 69 days trapped underground after a mine collapse in Chile. Pena sang Elvis songs to lift the morale of his friends before their rescue in October. He speaks little English—except for the words of Elvis tunes—and has been using a translator.

"It’s a pleasure to be here, with so many beautiful people," Pena said in Spanish. "I never thought I would survive, and escape my trap. This is a gift from God. Viva Elvis. Viva Memphis."

Then, he uttered two newly learned words in English of the Southern variety: "Hey y’all." That drew loud laughter from the crowd.

Some fans asked Pena for a song, so he led everyone in singing Elvis’ "The Wonder of You." He was reluctant at first—he’s been asked to sing by fans and media at nearly every turn—but he showed off his good singing voice once again and did some of Elvis’ trademark pointing and swirling arm motions.

Memphis Mayor A C Wharton read a list of musical artists who’ve said they were influenced by Elvis’ music and performance style, from Elton John to John Lennon.

"Before people over fainted over Michael Jackson, screamed over Van Halen, swooned over the Jonas Brothers, and even goo-gooed over (Lady) Gaga, Elvis Presley set the world on fire," Wharton said.

Elvis was born Jan. 8, 1935, in Tupelo, Miss. His birthday, while meaningful to Elvis fans around the world, does not attract the throngs of people who make the pilgrimage to Graceland to remember his death. He died Aug. 16, 1977.

Jerry Engelby, of Jefferson City, Mo., has been an Elvis fan since she was 13. She comes to Memphis as often as she can.

"He’s been part of my life for almost 60 years," said Engelby, 68. "I love my youth. When I come back, I relive my youth with Elvis."

Some fans were as eager to see Pena as they were to honor the king of rock n’ roll.

Sue Mack waved at Pena and took photos of the miner.

"I followed the miners the entire time they were under there,"

Mack said. "When I found out he was an Elvis fan, I said ‘I’ve got to see him.’ He was the topping to the cake today."

Standing nearby, Pat Parris asked Pena in Spanish to give her a kiss. He obliged.

"He’s so sweet. You never meet a real hero," Parris said.

For one moment, Edison Pena again did what seemed impossible: He was bigger than Elvis.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: January 11, 2011, 09:01:52 PM »

Damn! Elvis was a beautiful man! never get tired of looking at him...Never will be another one like him..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: July 02, 2014, 08:33:18 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/national/265498971.html
Graceland may remove Presley's old airplanes
July 2 2014

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — For 30 years, tourists from around the world have paid money to get a look at two airplanes once owned by Elvis Presley at Graceland in Memphis. Fans enjoy touring the planes for their direct connection to Presley and his jet-setting lifestyle, a sort of touchstone to the life of the King of Rock and Roll and his family.
By April of next year, the planes named Lisa Marie and Hound Dog II could be gone.
Elvis Presley Enterprises, which operates the Graceland tourist attraction, has written to the planes' owners saying they should prepare to remove the jets from Graceland by next spring.
The planes have been a tourist attraction since the mid-1980s. They had been sold after Presley's death, and were eventually purchased by OKC Partnership in Memphis.
OKC Partnership and Graceland agreed to bring the two jets to Graceland. The agreement called for OKC Partnership to receive a cut of ticket sales in return for keeping the planes there.
In an April 7 letter to OKC Partnership's K.G. Coker, Elvis Presley Enterprises CEO Jack Soden says the company is exercising its option to end the agreement and asks Coker "to make arrangements for the removal of the airplanes and the restoration of the site on or shortly after April 26, 2015."
Their removal could cause an uproar among fans, especially those who visit Graceland every year as part of an annual pilgrimage to events such as Elvis Week and the candlelight vigil commemorating Presley's death.
Dedicated Elvis fan Paul Fivelson of Algonquin, Illinois, says he expects many fans will be upset to hear the planes may be leaving.

The disclosure also raises questions about the future use of the site where the airplanes now sit, across the street from Presley's longtime home.
Elvis Presley Enterprises declined immediate comment.
In November, New York-based Authentic Brands Group bought Elvis Presley Enterprises and the licensing and merchandising rights for Presley's music and image from CORE Media Group. As part of the deal, Joel Weinshanker, founder of the National Entertainment Collectibles Association, acquired the operating rights to Graceland, which attracts about 500,000 visitors each year.
After the sale, Authentic Brands said upgrades to the tourist attraction were planned. Earlier this year, Elvis Presley Enterprises announced plans to build a 450-room hotel, theater and restaurant, with a projected opening date of August 2015. Their plan was approved Tuesday by the Memphis City Council.
Today, Graceland visitors can buy a ticket that includes a tour of Presley's home-turned-museum and the two airplanes. Fans climb into the airplanes for an up-close look at their interiors.
The larger plane, a Convair 880 named after Presley's daughter Lisa Marie, is like a customized flying limousine, complete with a large bed, a stereo system, conference room and gold-plated bathroom fixtures. It was renovated after Presley bought it from Delta Air Lines. Presley took his first flight on it in November 1975.
When Presley died on Aug. 16, 1977, Presley's pilot flew the Lisa Marie to California to pick up Presley's ex-wife, Priscilla Presley, to bring her back to Memphis.
The smaller jet, a JetStar named the Hound Dog II, was also used by Presley.
At one point, after the planes were sold following the singer's death, the Lisa Marie was owned by Raymond Zimmerman, owner of the Service Merchandise chain, according to Coker. The Hound Dog II was in the hands of Hustler head Larry Flynt for a time, Coker said.
OKC Partnership eventually bought the planes and the Lisa Marie was installed at Graceland in 1984. The Hound Dog II came later.
Coker, 76, says OKC may sell the planes if they're removed from Graceland, but he still hopes to negotiate a deal that would keep the planes there. Coker acknowledges that he and his partners would lose money from ticket sales if the planes were removed.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: July 08, 2014, 12:47:55 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/national/266233111.html
Priscilla Presley tells upset fans to 'calm down'
July 8, 2014

Fans have posted critical comments on Facebook since The Associated Press reported last week that Elvis Presley Enterprises informed the owners of the Lisa Marie and the Hound Dog II to prepare to remove the planes after their agreement ends next April.
The planes were sold after Presley died Aug. 16, 1977, and were eventually purchased by OKC Partnership in Memphis.
OKC Partnership and Graceland agreed to bring the two jets to Graceland in the mid-1980s.
Priscilla Presley posted two comments on her Facebook page. One asks fans to "please calm down, we're in the midst of negotiations."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: August 16, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/entertainment/271476321.html
Candlelight vigil marks Elvis' death in Memphis
August 16, 2014

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Holding flickering candles, fans of Elvis Presley made a slow, nighttime walk past his gravesite at Graceland on Friday, marking the anniversary of his death 37 years ago.
Fans strolled quietly through the Mediation Garden at Graceland, Presley's longtime Memphis, Tennessee, home. Presley's grave is in the garden, and his mother, father and grandmother are buried there.
The home is now a museum and a centerpiece of the Graceland tourist attraction that draws about 500,000 fans each year from around the world.

The vigil is a highlight of Elvis Week, an annual celebration of Presley's career and his life. This year, other Elvis Week events have included an auction of authenticated Presley artifacts — which included a 1977 Cadillac Seville used by Presley — and the groundbreaking of a planned 450-room hotel at the Graceland tourist attraction

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.